Start by marking “The Gentle Art of Blessing: A Simple Practice That Will Transform You and Your World” as Want to Read:

4.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  97 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
How can a blessing change the world? According to Pierre Pradervand, making the conscious choice to bless every person or being around you can truly make a world of difference in yourself and in others around you. In The Gentle Art of Blessing, Pradervand shows that the practice of blessing has the power to create more than just a renewed perspective. It unleashes tangible ...more
Published November 10th 2009 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Gentle Art of Blessing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gentle Art of Blessing

Elizabeth
Oct 06, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves:
I'm loving this book. I confess I have two stacks of books I'm reading. I'll read a few pages out of a few of them everyday. I know it's strange but it works for me. There are some books that I've decided that I'll read over and over again ... everyday for the rest of my life.

There are books that inspire and help you to be the best you can be and this is one of them. I love books that bring out the desire in me to be better. This book gives me hope in people and life.

It is so powerful to keep
Liz
Apr 10, 2012 Liz rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: seekers of kindness
The Gentle Art of Blessing is an inspirational book written with journal questions after each chapter.
It describes a way of transforming your life into a positive loving way of being. It quotes many books I have read like "The Power of Now", "The Practice of the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence,
"Love is Letting Go of Fear" and quotes from other authors I have read like Deepok Chopra, Kahlil Gibran, Jon Kabat-Zinn, and Byron Katie to name a few. The practice of blessing described here is a t
Trudy Brasure
Mar 16, 2016 Trudy Brasure rated it it was amazing
The concept behind the book is simple: learn to bless everyone you meet and interact with. See the possibility for good right where there seems to be unlovely traits or action.
The emphasis on bringing your own peace to every situation is vivid throughout. And the many life experiences shared verify the value of the author's message.
A friend lent me this book. Now I want my own copy! I won't forget the "how to bless" lessons in this book. I remember it every time I'm tempted to get annoyed or up
Nancy
Dec 14, 2013 Nancy rated it really liked it
I have no idea how I came to posses this book, but it was a great read for me this Fall - and took me a long time to read and process it. At under 200 pages if it was a novel I would have finished it in a weekend, but it is a training and therefore had to be absorbed and practiced.

It works as a great companion teaching to the Vipassana that I practice. Basically teaches you to respond to all people, things and events by imparting blessing from the deepest place within. Sounds easy but as with an
Iona  Stewart
Jan 17, 2012 Iona Stewart rated it it was amazing
This is an encouraging and uplifting book that teaches us how to bless ourselves, others and all things. By practicing the teachings described here you can heal yourself and all those and whatever you bless.

The book describes how to perform simple, heartfelt blessings to all those in your life, including those you encounter in your daily life – on the street, in the bus, at work, everywhere. Particularly, you are encouraged to bless all those who have harmed, injured or insulted you or those who
Christi Lupher
A wonderful book with powerful ideas. Pradervand explains what blessing is, how to go about it, and what to expect from it. He uses the terminology of many different spiritual traditions as well as his own wording, and gives examples that illustrate the possibilities.

I've started putting the ideas into practice and they've already been helpful. I highly recommend this book.
Jill Brennan
Oct 19, 2014 Jill Brennan rated it it was amazing
This is a book you read, then return to again and again. It's lessons are poignant and life changing.

Leslie
Mar 01, 2014 Leslie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008
Beautiful book that will change your life with its simplicity and profound way of being
Sisdr
Feb 09, 2010 Sisdr rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is / was so good when I finished it, I started reading it over again and bought every title of the author's I could order! Pradervand has a mind you can fall in love with, because he thinks with his heart, eyes open, believing actively beyond the despair that he sees and therewith making a critical difference in everything he treats be it geo-eco-politics or the life of one's soul. One day, when I grow up, I'm going to meet him.
Sandra Henderson
Nov 05, 2012 Sandra Henderson rated it it was amazing

My third or fourth reading. Powerful book that we all should read again and again to bring more harmony in our daily interactions with people. No need to live constantly bent out of shape, upset with everyone. READ THIS BOOK EVERYONE!!! It'll change your life.
Stacey Jean Smith
Apr 02, 2010 Stacey Jean Smith rated it really liked it
really liked what this book had to say. i read it slowly over the course of a few months.....so each time i picked it up, i had a little reminder to bless my day and the people in it. very effective!! i hope it stays with me. :)
May FLower
Sep 24, 2010 May FLower rated it it was amazing
A lovely book about creating change from within yourself & transforming your attitude about life. Really enjoyed this and have been consciously blessing everything I can think of since I started reading it! :)
Becky
Jan 02, 2014 Becky rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book about self transformation.
Roberta
Oct 04, 2011 Roberta rated it it was amazing
A great way to stay true to the "spiritual laws of the universe," AND
mindfully move away from people and things that are blocking your positive growth.
Mum Z
Apr 19, 2013 Mum Z added it
Lovely. Putting it into practice does make life feel so much better.
It should become one of the school books for the curriculum
Patricia
Nov 11, 2012 Patricia rated it it was amazing
A simple practice that can change the way anyone looks at the world for the better. I've shared it with several friends already.
Beth
Aug 09, 2011 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Such a simple and perfect idea that is just like living a meditation out in real life.
Kim
Mar 01, 2011 Kim rated it it was amazing
This book was a gift from my sister Loretta. I read it twice in two months.
Cathy Nove-josserand
Sep 22, 2013 Cathy Nove-josserand rated it really liked it
Profound - changed my outlook on life.
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
David
David rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Divanna Toscano
Divanna Toscano marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Lin
Lin marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Lynn Gustafson
Lynn Gustafson is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2016
Ms Miller
Ms Miller marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Russell Davison
Russell Davison rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Aurin Shaila Nusrat
Aurin Shaila Nusrat marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Carolina Morales
Carolina Morales marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
JS
JS added it
Feb 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • How Then, Shall We Live?: Four Simple Questions That Reveal the Beauty and Meaning of Our Lives
  • The Gift of Giving Life: Rediscovering the Divine Nature of Pregnancy and Birth
  • The Essential Jesus: Original Sayings and Earliest Images
  • I'd Rather Teach Peace
  • Open the Door: A Journey to the True Self
  • What Would a Holy Woman Do?
  • You Are What You Love: The Spiritual Power of Habit
  • Listening for the Heartbeat of God: A Celtic Spirtuality
  • Awakening: A Daily Guide to Conscious Living
  • Robert's Rules for Dummies
  • The Lost Years of Jesus: Documentary Evidence of Jesus' 17-Year Journey to the East
  • The Holy Man