The Gentle Art of Blessing: A Simple Practice That Will Transform You and Your World

4.62 of 5 stars 4.62  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  16 reviews
How can a blessing change the world? According to Pierre Pradervand, making the conscious choice to bless every person or being around you can truly make a world of difference in yourself and in others around you. In The Gentle Art of Blessing, Pradervand shows that the practice of blessing has the power to create more than just a renewed perspective. It unleashes tangible...more
Published November 10th 2009 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Gentle Art of Blessing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gentle Art of Blessing

Elizabeth
Apr 15, 2012 Elizabeth is currently reading it
I'm loving this book. I confess I have two stacks of books I'm reading. I'll read a few pages out of a few of them everyday. I know it's strange but it works for me. There are some books that I've decided that I'll read over and over again ... everyday for the rest of my life.

There are books that inspire and help you to be the best you can be and this is one of them. I love books that bring out the desire in me to be better. This book gives me hope in people and life.

It is so powerful to keep...more
Liz
Apr 10, 2012 Liz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: seekers of kindness
The Gentle Art of Blessing is an inspirational book written with journal questions after each chapter.
It describes a way of transforming your life into a positive loving way of being. It quotes many books I have read like "The Power of Now", "The Practice of the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence,
"Love is Letting Go of Fear" and quotes from other authors I have read like Deepok Chopra, Kahlil Gibran, Jon Kabat-Zinn, and Byron Katie to name a few. The practice of blessing described here is a t...more
Nancy
I have no idea how I came to posses this book, but it was a great read for me this Fall - and took me a long time to read and process it. At under 200 pages if it was a novel I would have finished it in a weekend, but it is a training and therefore had to be absorbed and practiced.

It works as a great companion teaching to the Vipassana that I practice. Basically teaches you to respond to all people, things and events by imparting blessing from the deepest place within. Sounds easy but as with an...more
Iona  Main Stewart
This is an encouraging and uplifting book that teaches us how to bless ourselves, others and all things. By practicing the teachings described here you can heal yourself and all those and whatever you bless.

The book describes how to perform simple, heartfelt blessings to all those in your life, including those you encounter in your daily life – on the street, in the bus, at work, everywhere. Particularly, you are encouraged to bless all those who have harmed, injured or insulted you or those who...more
Leslie Hanlin
Beautiful book that will change your life with its simplicity and profound way of being
Sisdr
This one is / was so good when I finished it, I started reading it over again and bought every title of the author's I could order! Pradervand has a mind you can fall in love with, because he thinks with his heart, eyes open, believing actively beyond the despair that he sees and therewith making a critical difference in everything he treats be it geo-eco-politics or the life of one's soul. One day, when I grow up, I'm going to meet him.
Sandra Henderson

My third or fourth reading. Powerful book that we all should read again and again to bring more harmony in our daily interactions with people. No need to live constantly bent out of shape, upset with everyone. READ THIS BOOK EVERYONE!!! It'll change your life.
Stacey Jean
really liked what this book had to say. i read it slowly over the course of a few months.....so each time i picked it up, i had a little reminder to bless my day and the people in it. very effective!! i hope it stays with me. :)
May FLower
A lovely book about creating change from within yourself & transforming your attitude about life. Really enjoyed this and have been consciously blessing everything I can think of since I started reading it! :)
Becky
Beautiful book about self transformation.
Roberta
A great way to stay true to the "spiritual laws of the universe," AND
mindfully move away from people and things that are blocking your positive growth.
Mum Z
Apr 19, 2013 Mum Z added it
Lovely. Putting it into practice does make life feel so much better.
It should become one of the school books for the curriculum
Patricia
A simple practice that can change the way anyone looks at the world for the better. I've shared it with several friends already.
Beth
Great book. Such a simple and perfect idea that is just like living a meditation out in real life.
Kim
This book was a gift from my sister Loretta. I read it twice in two months.
Cathy Nove-josserand
Profound - changed my outlook on life.
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Becky Reid
Becky Reid marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Sheila Wilkinson
Sheila Wilkinson marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Colleen Moore
Colleen Moore marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Linda Brunner
Linda Brunner marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Gill
Gill marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Anna Whiteman
Anna Whiteman marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Ladyemero
Ladyemero marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Messages Of Life From Death Row Message de vie du couloir de la mort Messages of Life from Death Row Gérer Mon Argent Dans La Liberté Apprendre à s'aimer (Les Pratiques Jouvence)