Start by marking “Impostor” as Want to Read:
Impostor

Impostor

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  355 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
After Mankind has finally abolished war, the Earth finds itself besieged by the alien 'Outspacers'. Only a protective force field about the world prevents large scale invasion-- but one scientist finds himself the supposed target of a small scale invasion when paranoid authorities are convinced he is an alien robot armed with a powerful bomb.

This story has been published p
ebook
Published February 10th 2009 by Guzzy Publication (first published June 1953)

To ask other readers questions about Impostor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Impostor

Hentai
Aug 18, 2016 Hentai rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a really great time with this short story. Some reviewers here say it is predictable. Yeah it is, but considering it was written in the early 50s, I am more than happy to cut the story some slack. Especially because it reminded me of 'The Running Man', which is one of my sci-fi favorites. (The book that is, not the movie)
Luciana Darce
Eu me pergunto se não fosse por esse projeto dos contos, se eu teria ido atrás de livros como A Cidade Inteira Dorme e outros contos do Ray Bradbury e essa antologia do Philip K. Dick. Especialmente o PKD, que não escreve num gênero com o qual eu tenha muita familiaridade. Estou começando a ler ficção científica a sério de uns tempos para cá, tendo sempre preferido fantasia… Então há muito por conhecer no gênero.

É impressionante como esses autores conseguem, em histórias tão curtas, criar enredo
Kasper
Sep 21, 2014 Kasper rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
One of the better Philip K. Dick shorts I've read. I simply can't get enough of his mix of novel sci-fi ideas and thought-provoking philosophical questions.
Michael
Dec 14, 2015 Michael rated it liked it
Another fascinating short-story from Philip K Dick. The more I read from this author the more I think he was a philosopher and a genius
Tobias-alexandru Dumbrăveanu
"But if that's Olham, then I must be..."
Alexey Makarov
Dec 06, 2014 Alexey Makarov rated it really liked it
Прям от произведения к произведения, чувствуется стиль Филипа Дика!
Заговоры, обманы, подставы=)))
Jack Ziegler
Apr 05, 2015 Jack Ziegler rated it really liked it
This was part of the book Robots, Androids, and Mechanical Oddities.
Louise Mundt
Interesting and intense story with a couple of twists along the way.
Janet Jay
So very predictable
Rahul Gupta
Apr 10, 2014 Rahul Gupta rated it liked it
Not his best.
Brad
Jun 23, 2013 Brad rated it really liked it
I read this during my days of faithful PKD fandom, hideously gleeful from the realization that all of these great movies were being made by the maker of Valis and Transmigration. I'm still hoping to see more movies be made, of course. Imposter wasn't THAT bad, was it? At least it followed the text somewhat, and kept the cool twist at the end. Ahhh... it's hard to be objective when looking through the eyes of a fanboy.
Ulla
I've read this because I have the DVD with the movie (with Gary Sinise) in order to understand the story better. The movie introduces new characters. I like the original story, but as Gary Sinise Fan I prefer the movie. - Sad ending.
Zorena
Sep 28, 2012 Zorena rated it liked it
Sadly this was written by PKD in one of his more manic periods and it shows. It is pretty much predictable by the end of the first page. You can still see his genius but it's very sullied.
Evey Morgan
Dec 28, 2013 Evey Morgan rated it liked it
Nota: 3.5
Aryan Vahedi
Jul 11, 2013 Aryan Vahedi rated it it was amazing
Another interesting story. The ending is awesome. they made a decent movie from this as well.
Kevin Comfort
Mar 12, 2013 Kevin Comfort rated it liked it
Enjoyable...is he an impostor or not? Good little twists and turns.
Nick Harris
Tess
Tess added it
Aug 20, 2016
Icolatta
Icolatta rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
Geoff Bavin
Geoff Bavin marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Luca Giardinazzo
Luca Giardinazzo rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2016
David
David rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2016
Grzegorz Zawadzki
Grzegorz Zawadzki marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Jljosh02
Jljosh02 marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Madelaine
Madelaine marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
  • God Sees the Truth, but Waits
  • In the Year 2889
  • The Elephant Vanishes: Free Short Story
  • Watchbird
  • The Wind Has Teeth Tonight: A Gwennie Story (The Heartland Trilogy #0.5)
Philip K. Dick was born in Chicago in 1928 and lived most of his life in California. In 1952, he began writing professionally and proceeded to write numerous novels and short-story collections. He won the Hugo Award for the best novel in 1962 for The Man in the High Castle and the John W. Campbell Memorial Award for best novel of the year in 1974 for Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said. Philip K. Di ...more
More about Philip K. Dick...