Start by marking “The Psychology of Wine: Truth and Beauty by the Glass” as Want to Read:
The Psychology of Wine: Truth and Beauty by the Glass

The Psychology of Wine: Truth and Beauty by the Glass

2.75 of 5 stars 2.75  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Since grape juice was first fermented, wine has captured the human imagination, engaging us in a uniquely personal way. According to authors Evan and Brian Mitchell, wine--more than any other organism, aesthetic object, or experience--reflects what it means to be human.

"The Psychology of Wine: Truth and Beauty by the Glass" parts company from the overwhelming majority of b
Published June 1st 2009 by Praeger Publishers (first published May 31st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Psychology of Wine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Psychology of Wine

Kate
I love wine. I have an advanced degree in psychology. I thought this would be the perfect book for me. I hated it. I forced myself three-quarters of the way through and then threw it down. I read it when I was drinking wine and that didn't help. Then I read it drinking strong coffee and that didn't help either. It should have been called The Pretension of Wine. Just about every paragraph makes a reference to someone or something. I'm going to say I recognized maybe 60% of the references. Lots of ...more
Brodie
I don't understand why wine books always have to be so boring and pretentious. There was some interesting history aspects included in the writing but the relationships to psychology were superficial and contrived. Not really worth reading aside from a few tidbits of interesting philosophical ideas, usually unrelated to wine.
Emma Inwood
Emma Inwood marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Jessy Bg
Jessy Bg marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
Carolyne Borel
Carolyne Borel is currently reading it
May 30, 2013
Rick Covert
Rick Covert marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Amanda
Amanda is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2011
Aki
Aki added it
Jun 12, 2011
Psychology of Wine: Truth and Beauty by the Glass Knowledge Quest The Psychology of Wine: Truth and Beauty by the Glass The Psychology of Wine