Start by marking “Gotrek & Felix: The Third Omnibus” as Want to Read:
Gotrek & Felix: The Third Omnibus

Gotrek & Felix: The Third Omnibus (Warhammer Fantasy)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  411 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Omnibus edition of books seven to nine in the best-selling Gotrek & Felix series - Giantslayer, Orcslayer and Manslayer - by William King and Nathan Long.
Published June 30th 2009 by Games Workshop

To ask other readers questions about Gotrek & Felix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gotrek & Felix

The third collection of adventures of the dwarf doom seeking slayer Gotrek and his human rememberer Felix. This collection is marked by the departure of William King, who has written all the previous novels, and comming of Nathan Long, the series new author. The first book of the series was slightly boring and slow paced, and Teclis to me seemed underwpowered. Despite this it was a quick read and provided some insight into Gotreks powerful axe. The next two novels by Nathan Long, were surprising ...more
Jay D
Gotrek and Felix was an epic series full of adventure and excitement. William King did an absolutely wonderful job writing these and should have finished the series off. Nathan Long just doesn't seem to be on the same level, none the less it is a recommended read.
The third omnibus sees Nathan Long take over the writing of Gotrek and Felix from William King.

My first impression of Long was that he is a slightly darker writer than King. Gotrek's death oath seemed to be looked at from a thoughtful angle, really exploring what it means to him and in a wider context. The writing also felt more serious and gritty - injuries sustained in fights affected them more and on a couple of occassions Gotrek's injuries were bad enough to almost kill him. Overall, I enjoy
Some enjoyable stories in this omnibus, though as with all the other omnibus editions, I thought the William King tales to be the best. I particularly liked the Giantslayer story with the wizard elf, as this gave a different angle to the book, and gave some interesting background to the world the inhabit.
Nathan Long shows his penchant for great dialogue as he shows as that Dwarves are not just short furry humans but a distinctly different race with its own unique desires and motivations. Gotrek and Felix are the ultimate Buddy adventure duo, not to be missed.
Curt Lorde
In a world that makes MiddleEarth seem like a visit with Pollyanna and Little Lord Fauntleroy,the doom seeking dwarf warrior Gotrek, and his human biographer- battle brother Felix, journey across the lands of a Late Medieval/Renaissance pseudo Holy Roman Empire and beyond, encountering some of the nastiest and brutal killers, monsters, demons,and other sword wielding,talon using soul sucking horrors to walk
in Sword & Sorcery. Grim and bloody but well written tales of non Keebler Elves, vicio
Wow! What a mixed bag and I'm not just talking about the stories themselves but within the stories there were some sections that seriously dragged and there were some sections that I swore the writers were channeling Gemmel. Tha action scenes are still not as fluid as Salvatore's (is anyone's) but they got better. As you read any story you always wonder about how ccan the writer sell the idea of a title character dying and I was actually on the edge of my seat for the last battle. I look forward ...more
Fredrik Bergqvist
Although I am not a fan of William Kings writing, by the seventh G&F book I've grown used to it and started to enjoy the stories more.
Reading the eighth book (Nathan Longs first book) in the series was therefore a rude awakening, I really did not like it but as I read on it was evident that Nathan Long is a much better writer.
I gave Nathan Long a fair shot, and I just don't like his writing style. That being said the first book in this anthology by William King is still a ton of fun, but the last two are stilted at best.
Christoph Weber
Gotrek und Felix machen sich weiterhin wenig Freunde dafür umso mehr Feinde:
Hoa Phan
I stopped after finishing Giantslayer. It was a very fun read. King knows how to capture the essence of Warhammer fantasy.
Isaias McAllus
Entretenidas de leer por lo cafre que es el enano :P
Daniel Ström
A nice fantasy story
Keri marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Sophia marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Sara Gray
Sara Gray marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Mark Johnson
Mark Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Remco Dazelaar
Remco Dazelaar marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
  • Elfslayer
  • Brunner the Bounty Hunter
  • Gotrek and Felix: The Anthology
  • Nagash The Unbroken
  • Heldenhammer
  • Road of Skulls
  • Dwarfs
  • Vampire Wars (Von Carstein, #1-3)
  • Caledor
  • The Vampire Genevieve
More about William King...

Warhammer Fantasy (1 - 10 of 171 books)
  • The Burning Shore
  • Wild Kingdoms
  • Savage City
  • The Adventures of Florin & Lorenzo
  • The Ambassador
  • Ursun's Teeth
  • The Ambassador Chronicles (Warhammer)
  • Honour of the Grave
  • Sacred Flesh (Warhammer)
  • Liar's Peak