Start by marking “How To Get Things Done Without Trying Too Hard” as Want to Read:
How To Get Things Done Without Trying Too Hard

How To Get Things Done Without Trying Too Hard

This is the wise and witty antidote to procrastination, the definitive manual for getting more done and the best and simplest guide to finding time to do all those little things you know you need to do, but usually can't be bothered to.
Published April 29th 2011 by Not Avail (first published July 20th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about How To Get Things Done Without Trying Too Hard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How To Get Things Done Without Trying Too Hard

طوق الياسمين
Oct 27, 2014 طوق الياسمين rated it really liked it
I bought this book exactly the week before my midterms exams. I was searching for totally another book when it suddenly popped in front of me. I probably thought it’s the perfect to read at the current time hoping it would organize my stressed day. Actually, this is one of the books that you may need to read it again and again every time you feel pressured, unorganized and things are starting to fall off the edges. The language is quite simple and easy to read. It’s simplified to the maximum and ...more
Poonam
Jun 28, 2014 Poonam rated it it was ok
Shelves: library
This is quick-to-read but a very basic book on time management. This doesn't necessarily apply to work, but also your daily home life.
Abeer mohammed
Apr 19, 2012 Abeer mohammed rated it it was amazing
كتاب رائع بكل ماتحمله الكلمة من معنى، احسست لوهلة ان الكاتب يقرأ افكاري، اشترك مع الكاتب في كثير من الطباع كالفوضوية وحب كتابة المهام، زاد من اصرارذ على كثير من العادات التي كنت اعملها والتي شجع على عملها بالرغم من ان من حولي كانو يرونها غير مجديه ( ككتابة المهام بشكل دائم ) افكر جديا بأخذ بعض الاقتباسات منه وتحويلها لرسومات توضيحيه، السيئة الوحيده من هذا الكتاب هو أنني لم استطع النوم لشدة حماسي مع ماكتبه الكاتب ^^
Cindy Tai
May 21, 2013 Cindy Tai rated it it was amazing
The summaries on every other page helps me recap on the ideas captured very quickly. Many of the tips may be already familiar to many, but its a fact that they do work and the advice given is valuable. However, this book may be more catered to a working adult (especially those with a family) like Templar himself. Regardless, it is something to share with family members and to improve the cohesion of the household.
Moza Alsuwaidi
May 24, 2014 Moza Alsuwaidi rated it it was amazing
I have bought this book last year, but I recently read it. However, the book was just in time for my university semester, which helped me with my schoolwork to be done on time and not hard. I love this book, which motivate me to make my work look really easy and not hard. My advising teacher Dr. Rosly always said “work smart but not long and hard”. This book has many tips and advices are very valuable. I would highly recommend to everyone especially to my friends. During my reading was very inte ...more
Carine
Oct 04, 2013 Carine rated it it was ok
Time management (very) simplified

Templar's book is interesting if you are completely new to time management techniques and self-development. It is simplified to the maximum - again, I guess, for those completely new to this kind of literature. He also uses - without naming them - several well-known techniques such as Covey's, Allen's GTD, Pomodoro. All in all, a little disappointing.
JustbemyselfCT
Mar 22, 2017 JustbemyselfCT rated it it was ok
Not worth the money
Angela Dee
Jan 13, 2017 Angela Dee rated it it was amazing
This book is packed with useful tips! I took my time with it so as to implement at least 3-4 strategies per each day I read the book. These tips are certainly very useful for people who are struggling with the basics of getting things done and have no clue where to start. Delivered concisely with Richard's signature dry wit, you will find this a quick and practical read.
Jude Qattan.
Feb 27, 2017 Jude Qattan. rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed-books
Pretty useful tips and definitely a page-turner!
Peter Perhac
Mar 14, 2016 Peter Perhac rated it did not like it
Felt like all the items in this book were the same. As I am already quite an organized person I found some of the advice not really relevant/new/inspirational to me. Some points were good, but overall the author is writing about not forgetting birthdays and so on... The author suggests solutions to all kinds of first world problems that I don't share. He decides when to work, he works from home, he is sort of a housewife so it sounds to me, and writes about "this is how i found it sort of works ...more
Stacey
Mar 25, 2015 Stacey rated it did not like it
So this book isn't really what I thought it was. It is a very basic beginners guide to productivity. It is also geared towards folk with families. Also there was a lot of white space in the book and every other page was a large title - given that the book is £9.99 I'd be pretty hacked off if I hadn't borrowed it from a library. It is almost like a series of very short blog posts. For blokes. Who don't like to read. And like Dad jokes.
M Liu
Jun 22, 2016 M Liu rated it liked it
ok, I just finished this book, so I haven't had time to implement these techniques yet, but some of them sound pretty useful and I can definitely see how they'll help me become more efficient. I know I need it.
Anyways, It's really short since literally half of the book is just titles so if you want some tips on getting things done without trying too hard, give this book a try
Hanan
Sep 29, 2014 Hanan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
The chapters in this book are one or two pages. I love how easy it is to get through. The author is hilarious and helpful, which made this a joy to read. The author did a fantastic job in making this book accessible to adults. I believe that this will be a book I'll be referring to for many years to come.
Rosaina
Aug 07, 2014 Rosaina rated it really liked it
I love Richard Templar because he writes common sense in actual print as a reminding reference. This book was simple and fast and I quickly found myself unconsciously applying some of its tips.
I recommend this book for anyone looking for a quick motivation.
David Driscoll
Dec 29, 2015 David Driscoll rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
People do try to hard and I'm one of those people. So relax and look at others angles. Sometimes you can't see the wood through the trees.
Racheal Ruth
Jun 24, 2013 Racheal Ruth rated it liked it
It's a book that is easy to refer to. It's great to always practice what Templar had shared in this book.
Elies
Feb 22, 2013 Elies rated it it was ok
Never reading self-help books of my dad's/sister's again
مساعد

تحياتي
Ana Fantini Hoggett
Jan 15, 2017 Ana Fantini Hoggett rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
Enjoyed this book. Easy to read. Good tips.
Dua'a Behbehani
Oct 02, 2012 Dua'a Behbehani rated it it was amazing

I did three of the things today so I gues it changed my life, lol.
Tamzid
Dec 29, 2013 Tamzid rated it really liked it
Useful book. Concise and thus easy to extract what you need.
Anh
Anh rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Ana Halca
Ana Halca rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Laveena
Laveena rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Alice Teh
Alice Teh rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2010
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2012
Cathaleeya
Cathaleeya rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2013
Shai5a
Shai5a rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2014
Ha Thu
Ha Thu rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Kerry
Kerry rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Gjelina: Cooking from Venice, California
  • Natrah: Cinta, Rusuhan, Air Mata
  • Karya Nan Indah
  • Focus: The Power of Targeted Thinking
  • Age-Proof Your Brain: Sharpen Your Memory in 7 Days
  • A Tooth from the Tiger's Mouth: How to Treat Your Injuries with Powerful Healing Secrets of the Great Chinese Warrior
  • The Monocle Guide to Good Business
  • Don't Sweat The Small Stuff Omnibus
  • Mind Power: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life
  • The How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci Workbook: Your Personal Companion to How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci
  • Think Like Da Vinci: 7 Easy Steps to Boosting Your Everyday Genius
  • Rindu Bau Pohon Tin (Travelog Tarbiah)
  • Writer Mama: How to Raise a Writing Career Alongside Your Kids
  • Borrowing Brilliance: The Six Steps to Business Innovation by Building on the Ideas of Others
  • The Artist's Way Every Day: A Year of Creative Living
  • Setengah Isi Setengah Kosong "Half Full Half Empty"
  • Finding the Next Steve Jobs: How to Find, Hire, Keep and Nurture Creative Talent
  • How Stella Saved the Farm: A Tale About Making Innovation Happen

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Richard Templar is an astute observer of human behavior and understands what makes the difference between those of us who effortlessly glide towards success and those of us who struggle against the tide. He has distilled these observations into his Rules titles. More than 1 million people around the world have enjoyed and now play by Richard Templar's Rules.
More about Richard Templar...