Start by marking “Holy Bible: One Year Bible: Arranged in 365 Daily Readings New Living Translation” as Want to Read:

4.68 of 5 stars 4.68  ·  rating details  ·  3,257 ratings  ·  368 reviews
"The One Year Bible, " which helps you read the entire Bible in one year in as little as 15 minutes a day, has a fresh, new look. "The One Year Bible" guides readers through God's Word with daily readings from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs.
Paperback, (One Year Bible: New Living Translation-2), 1396 pages
Published September 1st 2004 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published July 1st 1902)

To ask other readers questions about Holy Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holy Bible

Donna
I am always reading this. When the year ends, I just begin again. God is the most important part of my life. Without Him there is nothing.
Alan
I grew up reading the King James Version ("KJV") of the Bible. A few years ago I laughed at modern Bible translations. "They don't even come close to the historic and poetic language of the KJV," I would argue.

That was until I actually picked up the New Living Translation ("NLT") and read the whole thing. It was refreshing! I could actually understand the Bible! I especially enjoyed the NLT's thought-for-thought translation. This is important because many phrases used in Hebrew hundreds of year
Lori
Feb 12, 2008 Lori rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Okay, this book will never leave my "currently reading" list at all. This book, the Bible, is a book that I need each day ~ without it I cannot live life. It is the breathe of God and bread of my life, without it, I am lost!!
Jayne
i love the fresh, modern language of this version. The Word comes alive for me :) i'm studying the book of philippians at the moment and although short, it is packed from beginning to end with spiritual food. my favorite passage today, and one i've been meditating on is, "...you are holy and blameless as you stand before God, without a single fault. But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it." How many times do we try to earn God's love and favor by our own works and good ...more
Shirley Scurlock
“The Everyday matters Bible for Women” has a beautifully designed cover. The cheerful, colorful design is sure to be any ladies delight. In comparison to the normal black leather Bible we all love and appreciate, it’s appearance is sure to be an attraction for many young women.

The introduction to each Bible book is informative and well written. I personally enjoyed the devotionals I found throughout the Bible. Each devotional is well written, with many contributors adding their voice to make thi
Cheryl
I loved the chronological sorting of the historical accounts! As someone who has read through the Bible 10 times or more, this approach gave me new insights into the different viewpoints and therefore the writers themselves (and, of course, the Author), when there are two or more accounts of the same subject matter. The Kings of Judah and Israel have often fascinated me and this Bible version will help me immensely on my Excel chart of them (yes, I know that's really nerdy!). The Gospels display ...more
Angie
I do have to say, the language in this New Living Translation feels a little trying-to-hard at times. The message is the same, but in the translators attempt to be hip it comes off a bit silly in it's wording. I'd probably have preferred NIV or NAS, but it was a gift and it's still God's word and a great discipline, encouragement and reminder of His truths each day.
Read it in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009 and again in 2010. Fantastic way to keep daily focus. Might try a different translati
Michael
Though I am continually studying the Bible, I have read through it actually twice, both times it was with this translation. First time was when the first edition came out and the second time was with the current or second edition. This is not paraphrased but an English translation from Hebrew and Greek texts. This translation is contemporary, stylish and acutely accurate. Elements such as weights and measures, money, dates and times etc. are described in modern terms, Some phrases are translated ...more
Angela
This Bible is written in the New Living Translation (NLT) which makes it very simple to understand. There are also footnotes at the bottom of the pages to help clarify passages even more. Also within the books and chapters, you will find articles to help us understand how these stories still apply to us today. For me this not only helps in understanding the message but also allows the stories to become more real and help me achieve the connection I am looking for.

Everyday Matters Bible for Women
Vernie
There are bibles and there is bibles that are different from the rest.

If you like devotionals as I do but like the two-in-one kind. Then In His Image devotional bible is the answer.

Tyndale is best known for their bibles and devotionals. I have two of the ONE YEAR devotionals. Each new bible that this book publisher comes out tends to be always unique, there are specialty bibles meant for kids, teenagers, for Moms, for busy dads.

So what is this bible for, what sets it apart from the other bibles
Edward
I got this book in the Kindle version. This worked perfectly for me as I was able to finish reading through the entire Bible, in Chronological order, in a year. The NLT is a good compromise between being easy to read, but still accurate. Reading the Bible in chronological order was very helpful at times, for example when David sinned, the reader then can immediately read his Psalm about his repentance.
Apryl Anderson
I started this in 1998, and haven't stopped. How can I when its mercies are new every morning? Each consecutive reading, I see something that I wasn't mature enough to understand the year before. I recommend this as the start of your day with an empty journal and enough ink to respond. It will change your life!
Jason Lilly
An accurate and understandable translation of the New Testament. This is one of the best translations out there, easy to read and very compelling.
Johnny Mcclean
Reading it on my iBooks for my quiet time and family readings. Refreshing for my soul, food for thought fresh every day.
Matthew Robbins
The Holy Bible: Mosaic NLT, recently released by the folks at Tyndale, is unlike any other Bible I’ve seen. It’s not a study bible. There are no notes in the text of the scriptures (aside from footnotes and cross-references to accompany the New Living Translation text – more on that in a minute). In fact, they went so far as to completely separate the scriptures out from the “Meditations” material, even using different types of paper to distinguish them further. I really appreciate this approach ...more
Alison Lake
Feb 15, 2014 Alison Lake marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I've been trying to slowly read through book by book. I'm following a plan that my Church put together, but I'm doing it on my own timing instead of sticking to a certain schedule. I'll keep a brief record below of my reading:

Genesis - Awesome from start to finish. Reading the stories of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were a huge encouragement to me!

Exodus - Surprisingly interesting. I thought I would get bored with all the details about the tabernacle, but I found it fascinating and humbling to thin
Isn’t this a beauty? While God’s Word doesn’t have to be covered in a pretty wrapping – it sure makes picking it up and reading more enjoyable – especially when one thinks that God’s Word is wrapped up just for you. I’m normally a KJV type of girl but seeing as how this was in my favorite color and I’ve never had a Bible formatted for just women I jumped on the CWA Crew to review this NLT version. Everyday Matters Bible for Women is designed for women to grow in their spiritual walk with the Lor ...more
Tracey M.
I highly recommend the “everyday matters Bible for women” by Hendrickson Bibles. The daily life challenges that women encounter each day can be so overwhelming that there is never anytime to sit down and spend time reading let along reading the Bible. With these challenges this New Living Translation Bible is easy to read and to help you with the daily challenges of life.

It comes with over 300 articles focused on 24 spiritual practices. Which each spiritual practice are explored in 4 different
Wendy
I had recently been searching for a new Bible specifically geared towards women in the New Living Translation and found the Everyday Matters Bible for Women.

Not only is it beautiful, but it features twenty-four disciplines with additional content from Christian leaders (Sally Clarkson, Holley Gerth, Nancy Ortberg, Priscilla Shirer, Joni Eareckson Tada, Kay Warren, Sheila Walsh, Ann Voskamp, and many more) to help understand and apply these disciplines.

Each book of the Bible has an introduction w
writer...
I review for Tyndale Rewards.
Discover Your Rewards by clicking HERE

It's hard to put on a 'read' shelf when it's in constant use!
But for the sake of the review, I am posting whilst reading.

What a fantastic Bible. I have come to love this Mosaic NLT Holy Bible's life contribution to my journey with God. Totally attractive artistic mosaic covers; the Cross fronting, the Creed backing; ideally placed for reminders and use in the daily office.

The first 1/3 of the Mosaic Bible provides extensive we
writer...
Tyndale House Publishers took a nostalgic, creative step in March 2012 to release their new Bible, The Way. Originally published in the '70s Tyndale's editors decided to revive the coolness, updated for today's culture.

Using new writing via the New Living Translation, incorporating first hand, life reality stories with relevant b/w photos, they followed in the radical steps of the original - moving from from text only to text illustrated with graphics and commentary.

Reflections on what it means
Ginger Wade
When I first signed up to review the Everyday Matters Bible for Women, on behalf of The CWA Review Crew, I was excited about the idea of starting a fresh new study. To accompany this new Bible, I purchased new colored pencils and Twistables Crayons to make each marking intentional and purposeful. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this new Bible and begin my time with the Lord.

One of the main things I like about the Everyday Matters Bible for Women is that it has an easy to read translation, the
Margaret
Starting with the cover, the first thing that I notice is a nice calming water, with a tree blossoming forth. Then in a light grey there are words across the middle that pretty much name it all... "faithful...just...holy...good...merciful...righteous...loving..." The next thing that I notice is the size, this hardcover Bible is right about the same size as a regular trade paperback book and provides a familiar feeling to my hands. "In His Image". What could be a more appropriate topic for devoti ...more
Poiema
I thought I would try the New Living Translation just to infuse a bit of freshness into my devotional life. No freshness here, just short, choppy sentences which lack beauty and grandeur. Give me a NKJV, a KJV, a NASB, or an ESV any day over this translation. Maybe if I were a poor reader, this one would work. Temporarily. I can't imagine staying in it for a whole year.

The One Year Bible is available in other translations as well, but I really prefer to use a simple chart to read through the Bib
Sandy
Jessie Weaver
Five stars seems inadequate for the Bible, doesn't it? I read the entire Bible from January 1 to April 14 of this year. Yes, it was supposed to be 90 days. It took me 104. For some reason I got very lazy once we got into the New Testament. Perhaps just the time of life and parenting I am in right now, but I will take the blame on myself.

I know I've probably read most of the Bible before in bits and pieces, but never have I really grasped the whole story of the Israelites and how the prophets fi
Wendy Lima
My goal is to read all the way through this year! 4 days into it!

Well, let's just say it took me waaay longer than one year!! :/ But, it was so neat to read through the Bible chronologically! I feel like I have a much more complete understanding of the Bible than before. Time to start over again!
Jason Jackson
This is my first experience with the NLT, and I absolutely loved it. I normally study in the ESV, but I have found this version extremely readable. The chronological format breaks up some of the sections that are difficult to get through, and makes the journey of reading the Bible through much easier.
Jessica Moniz
I think that by having sections such as questions from other christians, new ideas to put into practice, real life stories, and more just adds a more personal touch and is very engaging. :)
Brian White
It doesn't matter however many times you read it the word is as fresh as the first time. Class...
Bible Readers - T...: Reading the Bible 2 11 Jan 27, 2015 06:15PM
Christian Readers: Who are you in the Kingdom of God? 49 103 Oct 20, 2013 08:39AM
  • Complete Jewish Bible : An English Version of the Tanakh (Old Testament) and B'Rit Hadashah (New Testament)
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • The Message: The New Testament in Contemporary Language
  • Zondervan Handbook to the Bible
  • Halley's Bible Handbook
  • The One Year Bible New International Version
  • Women of the Bible: A One-Year Devotional Study of Women in Scripture
  • Every Man, God's Man (Every Man Series)
  • The IVP Bible Background Commentary: New Testament
  • The Gospel According to Peanuts
  • A Woman's Guide to Reading the Bible in a Year: A Life-Changing Journey Into the Heart of God
  • Studies in the Sermon on the Mount: God's Character and the Believer's Conduct
  • No More Perfect Kids: Love the Kids You Have, Not the Ones You Want
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
  • 52 Things Kids Need from a Mom: What Mothers Can Do to Make a Lifelong Difference
  • The New Interpreter's Study Bible: New Revised Standard Version With the Apocrypha
  • Turn My Mourning Into Dancing
  • The Seven Laws of the Learner: How to Teach Almost Anything to Practically Anyone
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...
Holy Bible: King James Version The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights Holy Bible: New International Version The Epic of Gilgamesh The Bhagavad Gita

“If you set a trap for others, you will get caught in it yourself. If you roll a boulder down on others, it will crush you instead.” 1 likes
“14 Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had* the power of death. 15 Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.” 1 likes