Written in Blood

Written in Blood

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In Victorian London, people lament over dreadful news in the paper. Give them a scandal, though, and they want blood.

An outspoken reporter, Collin Foster, is used to keeping his desires silent. When he encounters a handsome and mysterious man, he’s tempted to step out of his carefully structured life. For one night, he will follow his passions.

And one night is all the man...more
Published June 21st 2009 by Amber Allure

Bound by Blood by Jourdan LaneInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDeceptions by Jourdan LaneSacrifice by Jourdan Lane
Best Gay Vampires
78th out of 350 books — 488 voters
Faith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonCrossing Borders by Z.A. MaxfieldThe Tin Star by J.L. LangleyHot Head by Damon Suede
Best Gay "Virginal" Characters
248th out of 518 books — 730 voters

More lists with this book...

LdDurham
As always, Prieto brings the dark completely entangled in the light. In this book, though, there is not a whole lot of light left to strangle. But its brightest source is Collin, our reporter.

Beautifully written with a haunting setting and enthralling characters. Suspense, dark pasts, hot sex, and a serial killer. Prieto does an excellent job of pulling the readers into her world and keeping them there.

Prieto brought the Victorian era to life, truly showing her stuff in making Collin a man of h...more
Elisa Ramblings
This is an old fashioned vampire novel. Lately vampires are become dream lover type and reader forgot that they are actually deadly creature. Creature of the night and shadows. And the Victorian London is a place that suits them, since even during the day, the reader has always the impression that the sky is cloudy and the weather is rainy. There is seldom full day light, and even if you click on the gaslight, nevertheless the rooms are always full of shadows. People also are more enthralling, s...more
Urbanista
Can one be predestined to be a vampire? Why do some vampires turn out better than others? Collin is a reporter who writes about the darkest parts of human society, scandals, sex, and murder. A story on men who love other men seems to elude his journalistic control, and whatever objectivity he may have had. As a gay man in Victorian London, Collin cannot explore his own desires.

He lives on the darkness of others, his stories destroy lives. Even if the destruction is just, as in the case of a dre...more
Mandi
I really enjoyed reading this. Luisa Prieto's writing is just amazing. Sucks me right in and grips me until the ending.

Tam
Collin is a reporter in London who covered a child serial killer story and now is disgusted by London’s fascination with some men who were caught in a gay brothel (of course he’s gay). His friends decide to cheer him up by taking him to a het brothel. He manages to slip out and when one of his friends pursues him leaps in a cab with a handsome stranger. He ends up at the guy’s hotel and after some hot smexin’ he realizes the guy is a vampire (sucking his blood was a clue I suppose) and get so ca...more
miss_chams
It started out so well and was so promising, but then it just sort of... ended. It was quite well written, and had a sort of Anne Rice vibe; it actually reminded me greatly of some of the Anne Rice fanfiction that used to be around before it got yanked off the net.
But anyway, it was too short to be truly enjoyable, and the ending was just unsatisfying.
Jaco
I enjoyed every moment of the book. It was shorter than what I'd hoped for, but I soaked up each and every page. Luisa's ability to create such vivid and well rounded characters in such a short span is very impressive.
Starrynight
Not much of a plot. Boring
Sayeschka R
Sayeschka R marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Lena
Lena is currently reading it
Jun 14, 2014
Matteo Aroldi
Matteo Aroldi marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Gabby Heckmann
Gabby Heckmann marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Everton
Everton marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Gosia
Gosia marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 09, 2014
Saša Petalinkar
Saša Petalinkar marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Ness
Ness marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2013
Tailtiu
Tailtiu marked it as to-read
May 02, 2013
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
1208513
After some brainstorming, I've decided to do a webcomic. Please check it out. It's chock full of my awesome writing and stick figure drawing.

More about Luisa Prieto...
Cooking with Ergot Shadow Hunt After Dark (After, #1) Dark Designs (Half Lives, #1) After Midnight (After, #2)