Start by marking “The Pocket Watch (The Trinity Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Pocket Watch (The Trinity Saga, #1)

The Pocket Watch (The Trinity Saga #1)

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  386 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Book One in the Trinity saga. Seventeen-year-old Imogen Stromholdt lives with her father, Jeff, in the seaside town of Eden, Oregon. Her life consists of a daily routine of school, homework, and books, while Jeff makes a living writing the obituaries for the local paper. She has a dream one evening of a man with a golden pocket who is murdered. After dreaming of this myste ...more
Published November 27th 2009 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about The Pocket Watch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pocket Watch

Angelfall by Susan EeFlat-Out Love by Jessica ParkThoughtless by S.C. StephensPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonHalf-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Cheap Kindle Books Worth Reading
190th out of 1,066 books — 1,083 voters
UnEnchanted by Chanda HahnPrince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisThe Fallen Star by Jessica SorensenAlien Species Intervention by J.K. AccinniThe Mind Readers by Lori Brighton
Free Kindle Books (YA)
124th out of 270 books — 420 voters

More lists with this book...

Mell
This book has w-a-y too much going on in it. Like many novels that are set (or partially set) in an "other" world, there are long pages dedicated to explaining the rules (political and physical)and how everything works. I find this kind of stuff tedious, and I think it takes away from character development. The book would benefit from a good editor, who could pare down some sections and beef up others. While the book is long and contains descriptive detail, I feel most of the descriptions are ab ...more
Summer Peterson
Michelle
Jul 09, 2011 Michelle rated it it was ok
I stuck with it. I found it distracting that there were so many editing errors. Many of the characters reminded me of people in other books/movies. And there were SO MANY characters. It had the bones of a great book.
Erin
Aug 16, 2012 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-free
This book has by far the poorest editing I've come across. It was a kindle free download, but there's not a good excuse for the kinds of problems this book has. You don't have to pay a professional editor to have someone tell you that you switched the names of two of your characters for a couple of paragraphs. Porter also misused words and left out necessary words. The multiple blank Kindle pages between chapters was also strange.

As for the plot - There were many scenes throughout that felt like
Leann
Aug 07, 2013 Leann rated it it was amazing
When I first started reading this book, I was completely lost. It seemed like it jumped from point a to point b with no rhyme or reason and had too many characters for me to keep track. I decided to read some reviews to see if it was worth reading. I am so glad I did. The review I read advised readers to be patient and keep reading because it is worth it. I took the advise and I am happy I did. I love this book! It has a different character or "being" around every corner. I was so impressed that ...more
Megan
I'm a little confused by this book, it was okay. I enjoyed most of it.

This book is really just a free first book to get you to buy the next book... So really its 500 pages of fluff, which okay works. The plot isn't bad, its pretty interesting and I feel we only know part of what she can do. And what she will do.

I just don't want to carry on, it isn't my sort of book. I didn't get or didn't feel that the point of what the damn watch was for. Maybe I read through it and it didn't sink it because I
Mariasha
Jul 29, 2011 Mariasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh my goodness this book is amazing! this is probably one of my new favorites! the beginning starts out a little confusing and odd but that's difficult to get around with fantasy. also there are some issues with editing but its not hard to overlook. the hold time I was reading I found myself wanting more romance because I love fantasy romance books. so for all of you out there who want romance, KEEP READING! I promise its coming and I promise its worth the wait! this book is kind of a mix of har ...more
Misti
Dec 27, 2014 Misti rated it liked it
A ton of action, enjoyed the main character Imogen. Too many characters and didn't care about the rest of them.
Sala McCarthy-Stonex
Feb 17, 2014 Sala McCarthy-Stonex rated it really liked it
confusing at first, but really fun and exciting!
Roger Royer
Aug 23, 2014 Roger Royer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, mystery
This book is the first in a series but is also complete in and of itself. I really enjoy that as it can be daunting to wait years to find out what happens next. The main character Imogen is well rounded and very likable as are most of the others though we really do not get to know them. The plot is slightly predictable but I can forgive that as the way it is handled is very interesting and very well done. I am going to read the next in the series as soon as I catch up on the rest of my reading.
Sydni
Aug 09, 2011 Sydni rated it it was ok
I have not finished this book and probably never will.
Things that bother me:
1. The plot is a sad mixture of a bunch of things that have already been done before.
2. The dialogue is awkward and doesn't flow realistically.
3. All of the events seem very rushed and once again unrealistic. EX: the introduction of almost all of the characters and how quickly (pretty much a day- two days tops) everyone becomes BFFs.

I tried to like it, I really did.
Kandace
Jul 11, 2011 Kandace rated it it was amazing
i had downloaded the book to my knidle because it was free and i was bored,and i was very surprised that the book was so amazing!! the plot has many interesting twists and turns that kept mewanting to read on. it was different than most of the recent mystical creature books and packed with action! i would defenetly reccomend this book to anyone who is looking for something different to read!!
Maralee
Jun 29, 2011 Maralee rated it liked it
I really liked the story of this book. It totally drew me in! I would have given the book more stars if the writing had been better. There were quite a few typos and grammarical errors. And at times it seems that the author could have explained things better/worded things differently. But overall it was an enjoyable read.
Liz
Jul 14, 2011 Liz rated it it was amazing
This is a great story! It starts out a bit awkward at first, but the author quickly gets into a good flow. I love the relationship that develops between the characters, and the fact that the story keeps a quick pace throughout the book. Can't wait for the next one!
Jennifer Erwin
This was an ok story. It wasn't fantastic, but I did enjoy it. There are a lot of characters introduced in this book, and I could see how some people got confused as to what was going on. If you stick with it, it will make sense at the end.
Betsy
Jul 06, 2011 Betsy rated it really liked it
I loved the story but as an ardent reader - it was extremely distracting that the proofreading and editing of this story was not so great. If you can get past the editing/proofing it's really is a great story!
Stephani
Jan 17, 2013 Stephani rated it really liked it
Absolutely awesome story, very interested in reading the next in line!!!! Easy to read, easy to follow, lots of action. Gets spooky at times. Great characters all around awesome book!!!!!!
Mixofsunandcloud
Jan 11, 2012 Mixofsunandcloud rated it did not like it
Did not finish. It was borrowed, so I had a limited amount of time, and I just couldn't be bothered to continue. Particularly once there were vampires involved.
Robin
Jul 08, 2012 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was the first of the trinity saga unlike the title in this site states. i read all three in about a week
Jeri Stallard
Aug 20, 2011 Jeri Stallard rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-read-2011
Enjoyed this book very much. Need to get the others in the trilogy.
Karen
Jul 27, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing
Excellent plot and full characters, could have used some editing.
Alexandria Sides
Aug 09, 2011 Alexandria Sides rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
One of the BEST books I've EVER read ! Great Job , Ronnell !
Jayne
May 19, 2013 Jayne rated it liked it
Interesting story, but the poor editing was a bit distracting.
Mariame
Nov 29, 2013 Mariame marked it as gave-up-on
I don't think i can finish this book
Mikhala
AMAZING!!!!!
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Carina
Carina marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Sarah F
Sarah F marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Naomi Boom
Naomi Boom rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Amy Houck
Amy Houck is currently reading it
Jun 16, 2016
  • Lure of the Night (Vampire Winter Saga, #1)
  • Invisible Justice (Justice, #1)
  • Shadow Games (Shadow People, #1)
  • The Gifts
  • When Graveyards Yawn (Apocalypse Trilogy #1)
  • Shatter (The Children of Man, #1)
  • The Gift of Fury (Count Albritton #2)
  • Beautiful Sins: Leigha Lowery  (The Thaneaddus Chronicles, #1)
  • Ascent (The Party Series, #1)
  • The Making of Legend (Cerebral Network #1)
  • Legon Awakening (Legon, #1)
  • Raven's Heart: A Tale from the World of Secramore
  • Into the Shadows (Into the Shadows, #1)
  • Night Birds' Reign (Dreamer's Cycle, #1)
  • Quinn, a Vampire Watcher's Story (Royal Blood Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Draugr (Northern Frights, #1)
  • The Arrival
  • Reining In (The Network, #1)

The Trinity Saga (3 books)
  • The White Knight (The Trinity Saga, #2)
  • The Memory Keeper (The Trinity Saga, #3)