Love So Life, Vol. 1 (Love So life, #1)

Love So Life, Vol. 1 (Love so Life #1)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  4,619 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Shiharu is a high school student who loves kids, lives in an orphanage, and works at a daycare... Until the handsome uncle of two-year-old twins offers her a raise if she'll be their babysitter. Often relying on memories of her mother's actions for guidance, Shiharu quickly finds herself falling in love with her new makeshift family.
Published May 19th 2009 by Hakusensha (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Love So Life, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love So Life, Vol. 1

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
98th out of 569 books — 1,189 voters
Nana, Vol. 1 by Ai YazawaParadise Kiss, Volume 1 by Ai YazawaNodame Cantabile, Vol. 1 by Tomoko NinomiyaMidnight Secretary, Vol. 01 by Tomu OhmiHoney and Clover, Vol. 1 by Chica Umino
Best Josei - Manga
15th out of 96 books — 270 voters

More lists with this book...

Krissy Obermark
Hooray! Nothing is cuter than manga babies! Except maybe twins! I absolutely loved how much this series focuses on these 2 year old twins and their escapades rather than a bunch of silly love fluff. Still, the romantic aspect of the story seems to be continuing along in a very natural way and I have an appreciation for that, as well. The first 20 chapters were so charming! I can't wait for additional chapters to be translated.
Mairéad (stuck at the Edge of Nothingness)
{March 17th, 2014} UPDATE

I plan on rereading this series. It's so adorable. I love the twins. <3
Rossy
This is such a heartwarming series. It's mostly slice of life, and although it's tagged as a shoujo genre, it feels more like a josei due to the plot.
While the romance is slow to develop, it's in no way non existent, in fact i like that they don't fall in love overnight. The twins are also so adorable, certainly add great humor to the story.

Honestly i think even the biggest scrooge would not be able to be moved!
Jess
May 23, 2011 Jess rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Oh...my...gosh. Soooooooo cute! Probably more like 4.5/5. If you like Shiawasse Kissa San-choume (Happy Cafe in the English version) you will LOVE this. It's got a similar feel to it, thought both hero and heroine are way smarter than Shindou and Uru.
Dewlanna
I'm on a hunt for he perfect manga serie to keep me company during lunch break...

So is Love So Life what I was looking for? No, but it's still quite an enjoyable read.

Shiharu is a nice and adorable character and I appreciate the author's efforts to give her some background, the twins are funny if just a bit too much "cutified" for my taste, and Matsunaga might prove to be an interesting character in the future... but I found the story to be really slow-paced, the only development being Shiharu m...more
取るに足らない (tina) (hiatus: school)
While many will argue and disagree saying that this was a light, cute, funny and optimistic novel, and why yes it is. But it was always very boring and flat where the main character, Shiharu, does not develop and progress. She can take of you as a baby-sitter, like a mom, nurse you and give you "love", but that is all there is. The entire point of the manga is to show her supposing relationship with her new "makeshift" family (view spoiler)...more
Carolina
Aug 26, 2014 Carolina added it
Shelves: manga
I really like how innocent and playful this manga is. You get really fond of the twins, their Uncle, and Shigeru. However (unsurprisingly with shoujo) it does feel EXTREMELY drawn out at times. The heroine can also be a little too goodie goodie for my liking. Still, the main characters are very sweet and it's an easy read.

This series is still ongoing so I'll rate and write more whenever it ends.
Anna Metko
I loved this manga! It was different from other ones I've read, because there were two adorable kids in the story line. It was such a heartwarming book. It's so cute, and gives a mix of teen life plus adult romance. I'm really glad I decided to read this series.
Maggie
So cute. The plot is sweet and original. The main character is caring and cute. It feels like a realistic manga. The character relationship is well planned and feels natural. It's neither to fast nor to slow.
Marielle
This manga is the cutest thing ever and it might be a little weird for a 25 year old to like a 16 year old but whatever I don't care it's cuteness overrides that!
Jenna
Reminiscent of Aishiteruze Baby, although Shiharu actually knows how to deal with infants... The drawing style is adorable and I think it depicts the kids well without trying to be overly cute (the O.O faces and simplified body shapes are hilarious). The characters are realistic and entertaining and the slice-of-life pacing is nice, especially when it comes to the romance (no insta-love). Heart-warming and deals with difficult subjects without being melodramatic. Shiharu seems similar to Tohru o...more
Sakura Yue Michaelis
Shiharu is an orphan who babysits for baby-twins Aoi and Akane -who, by the way, are really cute-. She maybe be 16-years-old but she is very mature. Her memories with her mom are emotional; it is not merely a shoujo about a lonely girl in the world who is nice (which it is) but at the same time, it is not cliche. She is likeable and not silly; maybe naive sometimes but there is no doubt she is very good with children.

Matsunaga is the love interest: much older than Shiharu(9 years-older) but he...more
Rabia
Out of all the mangas I have ever read, this is the best one so far! It has less romance and more cuteness!!!

So, a handsome news reporter, Matsunaga, has been taking care of his sister's twin kids while she is away. With all the work he has to do, he leaves the children in a daycare where a sixteen year old girl, Shiharu, works part time. When the reporter sees how compatible the children are with Shiharu he asks her to babysit at his house. How will it work out for the adorable little chubby t...more
Joana
The drawings are just adorable...and the twins? The cutest thing ever!
Jesse
This manga is slow-paced but absolutely adorable. I love it. :D
Morgane
oh my god the twins are so cute, i can't *----*
Sababa
Love this manga. Those twins are adorable!
Tanya
The CUTEST manga ever!
00lovebooks00
read the whole series
an
Apr 16, 2012 an rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
kliatan na komik-komik hana to yume punya karakter or format baku dengan komik mereka. awal na ngira ni komik ditulis oleh penulis yang sama dengan happy cafe. cara buat cover na sama, cerita na mirip -sama sama anak sma magang, kalo happy cafe jelas di cafe sedangkan love so life di tempat penitipan anak-

tapi apa yang lebih membuat tertarik untuk mengambil komik ini dan membaca na adalah.... gambar bayi na lucu banget :)
Starbubbles
I've been reading this all up for the past couple of days. It is an adorable read. Truly and outragously beyond cute. It's an enjoyable enough read, but I often found myself a little bored with the actually story. Is that so bad? It's one of the better "famiily" reads I have gone through, but I just don't know. It was overall okay.

2.5 to about 3 stars for me.
Patricia BookExhibitionism
I read this for the fluff, and possible parenting tips. Absolutely delivers, so four-five stars. (I'm not sure which of the tankobon I'd give more or less, because they are very quick reads and afterwards I have no idea what happened in which tankobon (though I do remember everything that happens), so.. I'll just rate all of them with 4 stars unless I absolutely know better.)
Anna Leontine Ortiz
Hermaigawd. Literally one of the cutest, more adorable manga I've ever read. Plus the tension is so cute between the two of them. I have a feeling this is definitely going to be one of my favorite shoujo manga ever.
Doremili
Es una historia muy tierna de una huerfana de 16 años que es obligada a cuidar de dos niños de dos años, por los niños. Se ve profunda, tierna y si el papasito del tio se enamora de ella... romance con un adulto...
Nada
The cuteness of those two twins is just OVERWHELMING!!
I'm so in love with this manga. Super smooth and bubbly, the characters are lovable. I'm so going to keep on reading the rest of the volumes.
Ice Ten Ten
Aprilia Rizki Maharani
the storyline is pretty good, the art is also good, although the romance is slow, but it does'nt look like a forced, so I think this manga is quite interesting.
Priscilla
Este manga es muy tierno y lindo!!!!!! Los niños son hermosos y el tío no se queda atrás.Parece que sera un amor lento y se centrara más en la vida familiar.
Dianne Owens
Extremely cute, with well-paced character development. The best slice-of-lice romance I have read so far, with quite a few installment to go.
Shoujo Manga Book...: Love So Life Discussion 9 32 Aug 07, 2013 08:26PM
  • Faster than a Kiss 02
  • Akagami no Shirayukihime - 赤髪の白雪姫, Vol. 01
  • Happy Cafe, Vol. 1 (Happy Cafe, #1)
  • Kiss/Hug, Vol. 01
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 01
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 28
  • Oresama Teacher , Vol. 1
  • わたしに××しなさい! 1 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #1)
  • Hiyokoi 1
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 1
  • Barajou no Kiss, Vol. 01 (Barajou no Kiss, #1)
  • 電撃デイジー5
  • キャットストリート Vol. 1 [Kyatto Sutorīto] (Cat Street, #1)
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 1)
  • Penguin Revolution: Volume 1
  • V.B. Rose Volume 1
Love so Life, Vol. 2 (Love so Life, #2) Love so Life, Vol. 3 (Love so Life, #3) Love so Life, Vol. 5 (Love so Life, #5) Love so Life, Vol. 4 (Love so Life, #4) Love so Life, Vol. 6 (Love so Life, #6)

“If you don't remove your hands immediately, I will render you unable to biologically maintain life.” 20 likes