Start by marking “Love So Life, Vol. 1 (Love So life, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love So Life, Vol. 1 (Love So life, #1)

Love So Life, Vol. 1 (Love so Life #1)

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,999 Ratings  ·  102 Reviews
Shiharu is a high school student who loves kids, lives in an orphanage, and works at a daycare... Until the handsome uncle of two-year-old twins offers her a raise if she'll be their babysitter. Often relying on memories of her mother's actions for guidance, Shiharu quickly finds herself falling in love with her new makeshift family.
Published May 19th 2009 by Hakusensha (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Love So Life, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love So Life, Vol. 1

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
55th out of 658 books — 1,492 voters
Maid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraKimi ni Todoke by Karuho Shiina
Great Romance Manga Reads!
39th out of 284 books — 548 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat Stark
Jul 09, 2016 Kat Stark rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kat Stark by: Mairéad (is roaming the Undying Lands)
Shelves: manga, reviewed, humor

Type: Manga
Volumes: 17
Chapters: 111
Status: Finished
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Completed the whole series

Anyway this story is fantastic. It's actually more on the slice-of-life side rather than romance. Obviously, it's hinted at but I mean the focus is on the baby twins. So here's the story...

-Shiharu parents both died at a young age so she lives in an orphanage.

-Matsunaga's brother's wife dies in an accident and he can't cope so he dumps his twins on Matsunaga.

-He has n
Mairéad (is roaming the Undying Lands)
{March 17th, 2014} UPDATE

I plan on rereading this series. It's so adorable. I love the twins. <3
Amy Umlah
Nov 24, 2015 Amy Umlah rated it it was amazing
Chapter 1 ~ Currently released
Brandi
Jan 14, 2015 Brandi rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kaede Kouchi's "Love So Life, Vol. 1" is a cute, sweet story about Shiharu Nakamura, a student who loves children and takes a job babysitting for Seiji Matsunaga. Shiharu does an excellent job with the twins, Akane and Aoi, because she truly loves children. The twins are totally cute and contribute quite a bit of humor to the story. The relationship between Shiharu and the twin's uncle progresses slowly, but other than that, the story hits slow spots and can become a bit too slow moving at tim
Nitzan Schwarz
Jul 07, 2016 Nitzan Schwarz rated it really liked it
Read: July 8th, 2016
_____________

If you're ever in need of a seriously adorable manga, this is the one you need to turn to. Adorable kids, heartwarming situations, and I swear I'm going to try some of the technique here with my children one day :D
Rossy
Dec 14, 2011 Rossy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Josei fans
This is such a heartwarming series. It's mostly slice of life, and although it's tagged as a shoujo genre, it feels more like a josei due to the plot.
While the romance is slow to develop, it's in no way non existent, in fact i like that they don't fall in love overnight. The twins are also so adorable, certainly add great humor to the story.

Honestly i think even the biggest scrooge would not be able to be moved!
Guguk
Gambar : 3 bintang
Romance : 2 bintang
Pendidikan anak : 4.5 bintang

Ngikutin komik ini karena tergoda ripyuw-2 di forum & nemu di obralan (^,^)
Dulu pernah jadi guru les.., aku di-bully sama anak-2 playgroup itu~ (*ω*)
Jess
May 23, 2011 Jess rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Oh...my...gosh. Soooooooo cute! Probably more like 4.5/5. If you like Shiawasse Kissa San-choume (Happy Cafe in the English version) you will LOVE this. It's got a similar feel to it, thought both hero and heroine are way smarter than Shindou and Uru.
Anne
Feb 28, 2016 Anne rated it really liked it
Read up to chapter 99.

Fuck, that was so freaking adorable.

Now let me first give you a dose of warning:
1) Every chapter explodes with cuteness. Prepared to die of nosebleed.
2) You might complain and say, Ugh, it's so long!, but soon enough you'll be eating your words, because, before you even realize it, you have already reached the last chapter. And yet you somehow still can't get enough of it and you're crying because there are still no updates.
3) Age gap. (I don't really mind this; I actually
Cheyenne
Jan 11, 2015 Cheyenne rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, manga-reviews
This is a very...simplistic manga, but in this case I think it works. Story revolves around Shiharu; a 16yr old orphan who loves children and dreams of opening her own daycare. While at her part time job the uncle of twins Aoi and Akane, Matsunaga (25yr), see how well they respond to her, and so he immediately offers her a job babysitting worth double of what she makes now. She agrees and that pretty much sets the tune for the series. She takes care of the twins and slowly but surely a romance b ...more
Dewlanna
Aug 19, 2014 Dewlanna rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, manga
I'm on a hunt for he perfect manga serie to keep me company during lunch break...

So is Love So Life what I was looking for? No, but it's still quite an enjoyable read.

Shiharu is a nice and adorable character and I appreciate the author's efforts to give her some background, the twins are funny if just a bit too much "cutified" for my taste, and Matsunaga might prove to be an interesting character in the future... but I found the story to be really slow-paced, the only development being Shiharu m
Sylvia
Jul 07, 2016 Sylvia rated it it was amazing
Finished the whole series and love it.

There are romance but it is light since it focuses more on the relationship between the babysitter and the 2 years old twins. It is more to love and bond between a family and a stranger which as time goes become part of the family.

Can't believe that I cry a little when the babysitter part with the twins since it is so heartbreaking and I really understand why parting give such an effect especially towards people you care.

The normal things are priceless in th
Elspeth
Jul 12, 2015 Elspeth rated it liked it
This is so cute!
Katie
Sep 20, 2015 Katie rated it it was amazing
see full review @ Katie's Corner

An amazing slice of life manga. It may lack a bit of romance in comparison with other shoujo mangas, but it compensates in other aspects such as comedy and cuteness. The story is very lively and progresses fast. You will fall in love with Shiharu the babysitter, the twins – Akane and Aoi and well you will love a lot Seiji’s on and off modes. If you have to babysit your kid brothers or sisters, which I sometimes do, there are a lot of tricks to keep them occupied a
Panquequelife
Feb 21, 2015 Panquequelife rated it really liked it
Shelves: mangas
Aún publicandose, esta historia me trajo a la memoria el caos de mi casa cuando era pequeña, vivir con niños pequeños y traviesos es difícil pero Shiharu tiene ese don que poca gente posee para llevarse bien con ellos. Es cálida y dulce, se nos explican poco a poco los detalles de su aparente tranquila vida, y cómo ha ido superando los obstáculos, los recuerdos que llegan de cuando en cuando con respecto a su madre.

Una de las cosas más tiernas que hay son las vestimentas de los niños *O* Son
❅ (t.c) (hiatus: school)
While many will argue and disagree saying that this was a light, cute, funny and optimistic novel, and why yes it is. But it was always very boring and flat where the main character, Shiharu, does not develop and progress. She can take of you as a baby-sitter, like a mom, nurse you and give you "love", but that is all there is. The entire point of the manga is to show her supposing relationship with her new "makeshift" family (view spoiler) ...more
Jenna
Mar 31, 2015 Jenna rated it it was amazing
3/31/2015
Read up to the most recent chapter 86 after rereading the entire series again. Loved it just as much the second time 'round and I appreciate the growth of the twins and the slow and yet steadily increasing attachment between Shiharu and Shi-Tan... I'm impatient. I want more! It's only a few months left!

5/2014
Reminiscent of Aishiteruze Baby, although Shiharu actually knows how to deal with infants... The drawing style is adorable and I think it depicts the kids well without trying to be
Mikaela
Apr 19, 2015 Mikaela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Oh my gosh! This Manga is so freaking cute. The twins are adorable. It's sad that Shiharu-chan lost her parents. She's really good with taking care of kids like Akane-chan and Aoi-kun. Haha! Seiji Matsunaga is hot. XD wahaha omg! He likes Shiharu-chan! He's inconciously moving closer to het sometimes. Haha! But she isn't legal yet! Gaaah! 11yrs age gap. Damn. Still cute together though. Haha! And that name tag was really helpful it seemsl lol ...more
Tracie  Nicole (Mad March Hare)
Read to chapter 97

I ship everything about this manga! And the twins! They are adorable! I really enjoyed the slow burning romance in this one and the multiple converging storylines. I liked how it was the typical shojo but it still managed to be unique.
Can't wait for the rest to show up in my manga app!!!
Also idk if anyone noticed but this bears a remarkable resemblance to fruits basket. Especially the characters. <3
Carolina
Aug 26, 2014 Carolina added it
Shelves: manga
I really like how innocent and playful this manga is. You get really fond of the twins, their Uncle, and Shigeru. However (unsurprisingly with shoujo) it does feel EXTREMELY drawn out at times. The heroine can also be a little too goodie goodie for my liking. Still, the main characters are very sweet and it's an easy read.

This series is still ongoing so I'll rate and write more whenever it ends.
Angelica
Jun 27, 2016 Angelica rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this series, it is so heart warming, and is unlike any shojo manga series I have read. I finished all the books quiet awhile ago, and still remember every detail. I would recommend this this manga to anyone as long as you're prepared for the long run because the story is very slow, but that is what I love most about it.
Silvia  Gutierrez
Feb 07, 2015 Silvia Gutierrez rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-and-anime
This rate is for all 84 chapters that are out so far.

After de first 20 chapters you really get bored of so much cuteness and nothing really happening. Even now after 80 some chapters nothing much happens, there is no romance, no much of a plot, is a very very light reading for someone who really doesn't mind waiting for something.
Winter
May 02, 2015 Winter rated it really liked it
Bonito, entretenido, diferente.
Esas tres palabras definen completamente el manga. Me parece que los protagonistas principales son muy diferentes a todo lo que he visto en mangas y animes, la protagonista es una chica muy buena e independiente que debe ganarse la vida por sí misma, y el protagonista masculino es un famoso presentador muy ocupado, siempre que vuelve a su casa está demasiado agotado que no puede hacer más que dormir.
La trama es bonita, ella irá a su casa para cuidar de los hijos de
Anna Metko
Jun 29, 2014 Anna Metko rated it it was amazing
I loved this manga! It was different from other ones I've read, because there were two adorable kids in the story line. It was such a heartwarming book. It's so cute, and gives a mix of teen life plus adult romance. I'm really glad I decided to read this series.
Hanan
Sep 07, 2015 Hanan rated it liked it
I personally love Shiharu, she's way too cute for a scholar who does an excellent job with the twins, Akane and Aoi.

Just beautiful, and I cannot stop smiling since this manga is slightly comedy with hearth warming experiences bout family environment
Ashley
Apr 06, 2015 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Everything about this series is heartwarming and adorable. I have read all the way up to chapter 56 so far, plan to finish the rest today. I love the twins and the slow build up between Shiharu Nakamura and Siji Matsunaga!
Maggie
Jun 29, 2014 Maggie rated it it was amazing
So cute. The plot is sweet and original. The main character is caring and cute. It feels like a realistic manga. The character relationship is well planned and feels natural. It's neither to fast nor to slow.
Vivien
Mar 30, 2015 Vivien rated it it was ok
Shiharu is literally a mom stuck in a 16 year old body. If you stopped acting so old, an old guy won't be interested in you. PEDO-VIBES or as manga would put it lolicon...
Rossana
Sep 21, 2015 Rossana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mangas
The cutest Manga I ever read. Boys will get sick, girls will love. The old tale of a girl dreaming to find her prince "cliché" is told in a very different and unique way, fulfilled with romance, tears, laughs and so many cuteness that it's impossible not get in love with the twins and cheer for a happy ending!!! Next volume, please???
Marielle
Sep 02, 2014 Marielle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This manga is the cutest thing ever and it might be a little weird for a 25 year old to like a 16 year old but whatever I don't care it's cuteness overrides that!
Spoiled Rotten Manga: Love So Life 1 3 Jul 12, 2015 06:53PM
Shoujo Manga Book...: Love So Life Discussion 9 42 Aug 07, 2013 08:26PM
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 2] (Faster than a Kiss #2)
  • Kiss/Hug, Vol. 01
  • 赤髪の白雪姫 1 [Akagami no Shirayukihime 1] (Snow White with the Red Hair, #1)
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 1)
  • Happy Cafe, Vol. 1 (Happy Cafe, #1)
  • Cat Street, Vol. 1 (Cat Street #1)
  • Penguin Revolution: Volume 1
  • Oresama Teacher , Vol. 1
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 01
  • Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Vol. 1
  • The Beads Club
  • Stray Love Hearts, Vol. 01
  • わたしに××しなさい! 1 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #1)
  • Private Prince , Vol. 01
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 1 (Strobe Edge, #1)

Love so Life (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Love so Life, Vol. 2 (Love so Life, #2)
  • Love so Life, Vol. 3 (Love so Life, #3)
  • Love so Life, Vol. 4 (Love so Life, #4)
  • Love so Life, Vol. 5 (Love so Life, #5)
  • Love so Life, Vol. 6 (Love so Life, #6)
  • Love so Life, Vol. 7 (Love so Life, #7)
  • Love so Life, Vol. 8 (Love so Life, #8)
  • Love so Life, Vol. 9 (Love so Life, #9)
  • Love so Life, Vol. 10 (Love so Life, #10)
  • Love so Life, Vol. 11 (Love so Life, #11)

“If you don't remove your hands immediately, I will render you unable to biologically maintain life.” 26 likes