Start by marking “The Lady of Stonewycke (Stonewycke, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Lady of Stonewycke (Stonewycke, #3)

The Lady of Stonewycke (Stonewycke Trilogy #3)

Book three in The Stonewycke Trilogy continues the sweeping, panoramic saga of three generations in the lives of an aristocratic Scottish family. Book Two, FLIGHT FROM STONEWYCKE, left Maggie still seperated from her beloved Scotland and her beloved Ian. More than time and oceans seem to have conspired to keep them apart.
Paperback
Published July 1994 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Lady of Stonewycke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady of Stonewycke

Taryn Spearey
Oct 23, 2016 Taryn Spearey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chriastian-books
Joanna goes on a quest to find her heritage. She is very hostile to Alec at first, and then, ends up falling in love with him. It was really nice to see Maggie and Ian at the end of the book. Joanna got the estate in the end. That was a great ending!
Shirley Kummer
Sep 26, 2014 Shirley Kummer rated it really liked it
Loved this book and to think I almost didn't continue reading it after the first couple short chapters. So glad I did not because I became so interested in the characters and fell in love with Scotland. When Joanna sails to Scotland at the request of her grandmother in the early 1900's, little did she know the danger she would be in as she searched for the true reason for her trip. Mystery, intrique, murder,faith in God and even romance fill the pages and makes this book a real pageturner. I cou ...more
Elesa
Feb 12, 2016 Elesa rated it it was ok
It took me forever to get through this series. I think this is for the most part due to clunky paragraphs of description throughout. It isn't a nail biter for sure. I think it took me the span of five years to read them.
The romance was disappointing. The first book was the best one in my opinion, but of course I made it to this one because by this time I am connected to the characters.

The source of my main annoyance comes from the plot. The authors could have taken this so many places, but ins
Isha
Mar 21, 2012 Isha rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who's spritual or looking for a realisic tale
Shelves: simply-loved-it
Haven't read the first two books, but the describing and the 'memories from the past' enabled me to know the 'base' . Characters are realistic and the story follows the life of a young woman who wants to find her roots - everything true and something that may happen in real.
Phyllis C
Jun 18, 2014 Phyllis C rated it really liked it
Sometimes a "who's who" among generations of grandmothers as a little confusing since the new character is a granddaughter. Nonetheless, I was satisfied reading a good portion of scripture in this book, as handed down the generations.
Odetta
Jun 09, 2011 Odetta rated it it was ok
Recommended to Odetta by: Talking Books
I'd send this back, but Talking Books is being stingy with their books & this is all I have. The CD/tape recorder is broken so I can't get books from the library, sigh.

This took a long time to "read."
Jerry
Jul 22, 2012 Jerry rated it really liked it
Anyone and everyone who enjoyed the first two Stonewycke novels should definitely read this fitting, uplifting conclusion. A bit slow in parts, but otherwise amazing.
Kw
Mar 21, 2015 Kw rated it really liked it
A very satisfying end to this series, with all the loose ends neatly tied up. Probably my favorite book by this author so far . . .
Michelle
no fairy tale ending, strong characters, shows God's plan in tragedy, not what I expected-very realistic
Tammy
Jun 13, 2013 Tammy rated it really liked it
I almost did 5 stars. I love mysteries about old houses!
Kirsten
Oct 07, 2008 Kirsten rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: enjoyed
A good listen and a satisfactory end to the series.
Ashley Daviau
Aug 29, 2015 Ashley Daviau rated it liked it
Slightly better than the second but still found the Christian theme a tad too strong. Otherwise I enjoyed the way everything tied together neatly.
Alex
Jun 27, 2015 Alex rated it it was ok
Not bad, a little cheesy, but I'm glad everythin tied together! This series really leaves you hanging for what seems like years!
Allison
Sep 12, 2010 Allison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
Again, a great light Christian read with plenty of Scottish scenery.
Cws
YA Phi
Joanne Muldoon
Joanne Muldoon rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Jenndian
Jenndian rated it really liked it
May 21, 2013
Kara
Kara rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Susan Keraus
Susan Keraus rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2012
Jessica White
Jessica White rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2012
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Destiny Caceres
Destiny Caceres rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2014
Madeline
Madeline rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it it was ok
Aug 11, 2008
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2010
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
Honesty stevens
Honesty stevens rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2012
Lillian Brown
Lillian Brown rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2011
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
  • Stoner's Crossing (Lone Star Legacy, #2)
  • The Marquis' Secret
  • Song of the Silent Harp (Emerald Ballad #1)
  • The Holy Warrior: 1798 (The House of Winslow)
  • The Mark of Salvation (Scottish Crown, #3)
Librarian Note: there is more than one author with this name in the Goodreads database.

Michael Phillips has been writing in the Christian marketplace for 30 years. All told, he has written, co-written, and edited some 110 books. Phillips and his wife live in the U.S., and make their second home in Scotland.
More about Michael R. Phillips...

Stonewycke Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Heather Hills of Stonewycke (Stonewycke, #1)
  • Flight from Stonewycke (Stonewycke, #2)