Start by marking “Vision In White (Bride Quartet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vision In White (Bride Quartet, #1)

Vision In White (Bride Quartet #1)

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  98,900 Ratings  ·  3,291 Reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts cordially invites you to meet childhood friends Parker, Emma, Laurel, and Mac the founders of Vows, one of Connecticut’s premier wedding planning companies.

After years of throwing make-believe weddings in the backyard, flowers, photography, desserts, and details are what these women do best: a guaranteed perfect, beautiful
Published 2009 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Vision In White, please sign up.

♡Karlyn P♡

Pure boring. This audio book should come with a warning “Don’t listen to while operating moving vehicles, may cause severe drowsiness.”

I now know WAAAAAY more about wedding planning and passive/aggressive relationships than I ever cared to know. Where was the entertainment, the spark between hero/heroine, and the romance in all that page filler?

It started out pretty good, but degraded as it went on. It became just one stupid self-imposed conflict after another, sandwiched between way too many
Dina
3 1/2 stars

Nobody writes friendship like NR and I really enjoyed watching the interactions between Mac and her friends. Carter's slightly crazy friend Bob, with his "helpful" lists, was also fun to be with. In fact, everyone - besides the accidental stressed B, G, MOB, FOB, MOG, FOG, MOH, BM, FG and any other acronym the wedding business can come up with - was nice and fun. That lead to a lack of real conflict in the story, hence my lukewarm rating. I liked this book and its characters, since it
Julie (jjmachshev)
Apr 29, 2009 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-reads
Contemporary romance fans, rejoice! Nora Roberts latest release "Vision in White" is a light and fun read that leaves you with a big grin on your face. It's the first in a four-book series about a group of women who've been friends since childhood and grow up to run a bridal business together. The manager, the baker, the flower lady, and the photographer--each with different backgrounds and different outlooks on life and love. This first story is about the photographer, Mackensie.

Mac's home life
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
3 Rom-Com stars.

Vision in White starts of by introducing a group of besties that run a very successful Event planning agency dedicated mostly to a bride's most defining moment,Her Wedding.

description

How I ended up picking this book:
Vision in White was basically my first Nora Roberts.So its safe to say I didn't really go in with super high expectations or such.Heard a lot about this author from my besties here on GR and thought to just give this one a go,out of pure curiosity.*shrug*

My thoughts on the p
Mojca
Vision in White Roberts Nora I can always count on Nora Roberts to keep me entertained. Be it with a romantic suspense contribution (the recently read Night Tales series) or a straight contemporary (the book I'm reviewing at the moment). Because Vision in White delivered on the promise in the blurb and then some. I absolutely loved it, its "friendship" angle and its "romance" angle. And the characters, oh, the characters were simply amazing. I couldn't help but love the four girls, I can't wait ...more
Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance

I’m really surprised by how much I enjoyed this, especially since it was a random read while I was awaiting some August releases and because other than the J.D. Robb In Death books I’ve read, Nora Roberts often tends to be a little too vanilla ice cream for me. But I just loved sweet, shy, nerdy, English professor Carter to bits! It was so adorable and funny how he got so embarrassed over his friend Bob’s dating advice. And the list? Priceless! He made me smile and
Corrine
Sometime between the Quinn Bros. trilogy in 1999 and the Key trilogy in 2000, there was a big change in Nora's writing voice. One I really, really don't like. It seems, more and more, that she began channeling Candace Bushnell (Sex and the City, Lipstick Jungle). Almost everyone heroine since then has grated on my nerves, with the notable exception of the heroine of Angels Fall. This book is no different.

Mac Elliot runs a wedding planning shop with her three friends, in which she is the photogra
Joca
Jan 28, 2016 Joca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este foi dos primeiros livros que comprei em inglês há uns anos e embora a curiosidade em relação a ele nunca tivesse desaparecido, a verdade é que só agora o li e ainda bem! Estava a precisar de algo leve, fofo e divertido e esta leitura foi precisamente isso :D

description

Este livro é o primeiro de um quarteto e centra-se num romance, mas antes disso centra-se numa amizade. Uma amizade entre 4 mulheres que se conhecem desde meninas, quando costumavam brincar aos casamentos onde até os animais de estimação
Lora
Let me just start by saying that I am a huge fan of Robert's In Death series, which she writes under the pseudonym J.D. Robb. I've only read the first four, but I'm a complete addict when it comes to that series.
However, there's a good reason why I've never tried anything from Nora Roberts outside of that series. I guess I've always had this supposition that Robert's books are basically contemporary, chaste bodice rippers (oxymoron, I know) with an extra helping of fluff - based solely on Visio
Laura V.
"No me quito de la cabeza a un tío que piensa en mí. Y solo de pensar que está pensando en mí, me agobio. No sé si en realidad pienso en él porque él piensa en mí o si pienso en él porque es un encanto, es divertido, dulce y sexy."

Ahora que conseguí comprarme este librillo usado, no puedo creer que me haya olvidado lo dulce que es Carter, por amor de Dios. Es la ternura hecha persona. Con una Mac más hiperactiva que nunca, con muchos miedos e inseguridades, y con un Carter que te llena los po
Janina
I actually don't have any time to read at the moment, but yeah ... you know how it is. I took a break from studying in between (my brain felt fried anyway and I wouldn't have been able to stuff in anything more - yes, I am looking for excuses ...), and finished Vision in White in a few hours. I don't know, I'm usually not that much into Nora Roberts or cheesy chicklit in general - although I had this phase when I was about 15 ;) - but this one just suited my mood at that moment and I enjoyed it ...more
Love Fool
Aug 20, 2015 Love Fool rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wedding photographer Mackensie "Mac" Elliot is most at home behind the camera, but her focus is shattered moments before an important wedding rehearsal when she bumps into the bride-to-be's brother...an encounter that has them both seeing stars.

Not going to lie, I thought I was going to hate this book because of the theme and because of the author. I thought Nora Roberts was writing stupid chick-lit books but it turns out I have been wrong for years. Nora Roberts is a funny writer with real a ta
Steph
Nov 14, 2015 Steph rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like the idea of this trilogy with four friends running a wedding planning business I think it's really cool concept but didn't like this first entry, didn't like the two main characters and that the love interest he was too nerdy and a pushover to really like. I'll give that it was a realistic kind of love then most books I read. Well this type of book anyways it'scandy reading but not a great one.
Alp
Apr 28, 2016 Alp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

This is one of Nora Roberts' wonderful love stories. I found many beautiful things in this book: friendships between friends, the warmth of family, unconditional love, and true love from the hero.

Nora Roberts has always created such adorable beta heroes. In this book, Carter Maguire was an extremely nerdy guy, but oh, he was so sweet! I always have my soft spot for nerdy heroes.

The heroine, Mac, she was strong, smart, and a bit stubborn. She had some kind of commitment issues because of her
Sofija
Aug 17, 2011 Sofija rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s the first book I’ve read by Nora Roberts. And I liked it. Not from the start though. I’ve read first three chapters and just didn’t feel like continuing. So I put it aside and started another book, which was even worse, so I gave a “Vision in White” another chance. And didn’t regret it. Maybe it was because the plot started moving faster or the characters started growing on me, but I found myself enjoying it.

It’s a common story about a women, who is a photographer and have a wedding busines
Pepa
Poco más que añadir a lo que he comentado. Esta mujer no escribe mal pero no me llega. Sus novelas me dejan indiferente y fría.
Los personajes están bien construidos y toca buenos temas, seguro que soy yo
Un final muy acorde con la protagonista y un protagonista muy achuchable
Susana
I think that probably only Nora Roberts would be able to make me read a tale about wedding planners.
And liking it!! O_O
Any other writer would probably make me want to hit my head against a wall....quite a number of times!! All those....tiny little details....like matching colours and flowers...and dresses...and napkins... OH BOY!!!

I confess that this is probably my favourite genre inside Nora Roberts "plots": The friends that come together to create a business. I just like the way the relationsh
LibraryLass
I loved this one. This is a fun light read. Absolutely fell totally in love with Carter! This book made my day, I had a grin on my face nearly the whole time I read it. Great internal and external dialogue with both Carter and Mac.

I thought Mac's character at times was brilliant. Having faced an extremely similar problem with my own mother, I completely related to the passive-agressive stance Mac took at times. I thoroughly cheered when she finally took her stand and I totally related to her hu
Elizabeth ☆❀Hot for Alphas❀☆
Feb 20, 2016 Elizabeth ☆❀Hot for Alphas❀☆ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 4 BFF, Geeky Guy
3.5 Blue Butterfly Stars

Liked but the guy is a geeky PH.D. klutz so it was hard for me to get into. If you lust after geeks you will love this =)
JuliaOrlando
Book 1 in the Bride Quartet series.
Mackenzie "Mac" Elliot is a wedding photographer and along with her 3 friends runs a wedding planning business. She meets an old school mate Carter Maguire. Because of her parents divorce when she was a small child, her fathers indifference and her mothers selfishness and narcissism, Mac avoids love and IMO feels she is not worth the effort of a long term relationship.
I enjoyed the relationship between Mac and her friends, Parker, Emma, and Laurel and, even tho
Connie (Ava Catherine)
This is a standard chick-lit book. It is a little better written than most, but it is so predictable. Mac has a selfish, emotionally. abusive mother and an absent father. Her father sends her a camera for a birthday gift, which piques her interest in photography. She and her three childhood friends turn their childish game "Wedding Day" into a thriving wedding planning/event business, Vows.

Mac and Carter, a Yale educated teacher, fall hard for each other. Mac's mother, of course, is selfish and
Sara Kate
Ok so.... I know that it's just me but I didnt care for this and honestly had to skip through some chapters. It's not the writing itself but i didn't care for this story. I feel like my dark reads has ruined me for chic lit unless it's a funny chic lit. This was just too light for me and I did t care for all the wedding stuff. I'm jaded, I know :-)
Krissy
All the wedding details got old fast. I didn't really care about every minute detail about wedding plans for characters I didn't even know. Other than that it was pretty good.
Diana~
Let me just point out that Vision in White, the first book of the Bride Quartet series, has the power to melt you heart because of how sweet the hero can be. Carter has officially became one of my favorite GERD (geek and nerd all in one) heroes of all time. I absolutely love him and his character development throughout the entire story. The romance between Mackensie and Carter was just... heartachingly beautiful. Throughout the entire book, I've looked forward to every single one of their dates ...more
Tempo de Ler
Em Um Dia Perfeito o trabalho de escrita da autora é, como já é costume, 5! As descrições são óptimas, a caracterização das personagens é detalhada mas objectiva, o estilo da narrativa é elegante mas contemporâneo e os diálogos ajudam a desenvolver o enredo a bom ritmo.

Infelizmente, o elemento fraco neste livro é mesmo o enredo; este revolve apenas à volta do trabalho de Mac e do seu enamoramento por Carter…Reconheço que a autora não pode incluir sempre um perseguidor/assassino pervertido nos
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆
Rated 4.3 "Everything Weddings" Stars

About six years ago, this was my very first Nora Roberts book. And I loved it! But I really did love wedding stuff then! Not so much anymore, been married 16 years, had 3 kids, 2 step-kids and I am soooo over the foofoo of weddings, lol. No more people! Until my kid's weddings, that is.

Anyway, I read the first two and a half books but then got totally burnt out on weddings everything, if ya know what I mean. Too much is just too much after awhile. I tucked th
Miss Kim
May 11, 2009 Miss Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, contemporary
3 stars

I waited impatiently for the first installment of Nora’s latest series. I have to say I was a little disappointed. I do not know if my taste in reading has changed, or if Nora’s writing has changed.

I found the heroine, Mac, to be a little grating. Everything she said seemed to be smart-assed, in order to hide her true feelings. The hero, Carter, was is a professor from the school of Extreme Beta Man. Most here know I am not a fan of the bumbling beta, but Carter did grow on me.

The four
Cruth
Sep 01, 2015 Cruth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 2009
Length: 325 pages
Setting: Contemporary. Greenwich, Connecticut.
Sex: Reasonably explicit. Infrequent.
Hero: English teacher.
Heroine: Wedding photographer.
Includes: Excerpt from Bed of Roses.

I thought I wanted an angsty, hard hitting, she's been abused and he's her saviour, romantic suspense. I thought I wanted gritty.

I was wrong.

Vision in White came up on my library hold list and absolutely blew me away.

It was really beautiful. It's just a romance. No suspe
Miz
Sometimes you need some romance in your lift, with girly characters who you can interact with and that you see in your life and in your friends. This was one of those books and I liked it. I intend on reading Bed of Roses next :)
Dinjolina
Cute.
Cute dude.
I had a bit of a problem with him being all clumsy (clumsy nerd are super cute!) but such a wicked lover that,you know,just pops bra clips in a sec.
The heroine was a strong but neurotic modern age woman that I could and did like.
But all in all,something was missing. It did not make me sight or swoon. It just was.
  • Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)
  • Portrait in Death (In Death, #16)
  • Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2)
  • Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1)
  • The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2)
  • Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2)
  • Dakota Home (Dakota, #2)
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
  • Phantom Waltz
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Bride Quartet (4 books)
  • Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2)
  • Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3)
  • Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4)

“Some things in life are out of your control. You can make it a party or a tragedy.” 2514 likes
“I’ve never been the one. Not for anybody.”
He closed the distance between them.
“You’ll get used to it.” He tipped her face up to his, kissed her.
“Why? Why am I the one?”
“Because my life opened up, and it flooded with color when you walked back into it.”
249 likes