Start by marking “Les petites filles modèles (Comtesse de Ségur, Tome 02)” as Want to Read:
Les petites filles modèles (Comtesse de Ségur, Tome 02)

Les petites filles modèles (Fleurville #2)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  574 ratings  ·  23 reviews
On retrouve, dans les Malheurs de Sophie et les Petites Filles modèles les mêmes personnages (directement inspirés à la comtesse de Ségur par ses petits-enfants), autour de cette pauvre Sophie, inventive et fantasque, qui donne des bains de soleil à sa poupée de cire, ou fait le thé pour ses cousins en prenant de l'eau dans l'écuelle du chien ...
45 pages
Published September 3rd 1993 by Casterman (first published 1857)

To ask other readers questions about Les petites filles modèles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Les petites filles modèles

Skye
Absolutely delightful, but not a book I would recommend for modern children. It was written in the mid 19th century and as with most early children's fiction, is very moralising and Christian. That said, it has some bizarre and horrifying events which a sensitive child might be quite shocked by as well, not to mention little girls drinking wine, something hard to explain if you're not aware of the historical context. I am very grateful to the translator for making it possible to read these books...more
Feb 03, 2014 Sarah rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 6+
Recommended to Sarah by: Mom
This book is a really sweet adaptation of the traditional French story. It uses the original text, but abridges it to make it more readable for a younger audience. My mom gave this to me to read during a long car ride when I was around 7, and I was immediately enthralled. The characters and their adventures captured my attention and kept me busy for that trip. Now, years later, I have reread it and enjoyed the story once more. However, the characters started to grate on me after a while. The ori...more
Melainebooks
C'est un véritable plaisir pour moi de découvrir la comtesse de Ségur. Mieux vaut tard que jamais ;)
Damascinian Soul
the first novel i owned in my childhood .. <3_<3
Penney
Again, my Sophie loved this book and cannot wait to have me read her the third and final in the series. Reading in conjunction with The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease, I've appreciated more what 'background' Sophie is getting from this book of 19th century France and all the questions she's asking e.g. What's a drawing room (in the context of their being no TV)? What's a chateaux?, Man, they must be rich to have servants! And the concept of it having being considered somewhat acceptable for...more
Georgia Broadhead
It was good but being 11 years old I wouldn't suggest it to anyone younger. I did enjoy the book and will defiantly read the others. I would recommend this book to about 14 year olds who read mature books.
Jessica
this book is a very good book and good to teach you how to behaviour and not to lie or be naughty and that you will be caught out.
Catarina
My mother bought me this book at a book fair during one of the years she taught in the same school I was attending. I love Comtesse de Ségurs books as I always can feel a kind of longness for the times and people described in the books. It reminds me of simpler times, maybe because I read them young or maybe because times were actually simpler.
Anyway this books is about sisters who always do what they have to do and care about their family more than anything, it may sound dull compared to Sophie...more
Tara
I love this book so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think everyone should read this book.
Rebecca
Following from Sophie's Misfortunes, the focus shifts to a set of new characters, with Sophie re-entering the picture partway through. My daughter and I found it rather shocking and sad to find out what has befallen Sophie since the first novel, plus the abuse she must endure at the hands of her uncaring stepmother. A little confronting for child readers, perhaps? Things turn out well for Sophie, however, and we enjoyed following the adventures of the children.
Laurie
This book is so delightful. I've read it ages ago, but now that I'm a grown up, I still fancy to read it. Sophie touched my heart so deeply. She is just like me when I was younger, always acting without really thinking through the consequences. But she has also been through so much. Her toughness is due to what she lived, and this is probably some way to protect herself.

This is the prefect first book for you children, and also for you.
Ana Filipa
Nesta fantástica continuação de 'Os Desastres de Sofia', podemos encontrar diversas personagens, todas elas com algo a transmitir.
Sofia, após mais alguns disparates, torna-se uma menina melhor. Mais sensata e coerente, embora tudo isto não seja possível sem a ajuda de Margarida, Madalena e Camila, que a ajudam nesta sua tarefa para 'conquistar um lugar ao sol'.
A amizade e o bom-senso acabam por fazer parte de todo o livro.
Missmoop
I have read the whole series of these book and i really dont know what to say. Some of the trouble these girls get into is scary........ they have almost died like 7 times!!!!!!!! And a little girl doesnt think that cutting up and salting fish will hurt!!!!!! seriously!!!!! but aside from all the misfortunes in the book they are very good!!!
Babs
I enjoyed it as a child, I read it again when as an adult.
Silly, nice, old-fashioned, but I was shocked as an adult by all those spanks children are given in those books. That is really disturbing.

Je l'ai lu étant enfant, relu à l'âge adulte. C'est mignon, niais, surrané. Par contre il y a un peu trop de scènes de fessées.
Kate
While this is a book written in another time, there is some explaining to be done when reading this to today's child. Very moral and kind of lectureish in nature. Some quite confronting and blunt situations Sophie, from the first book, has to endure, which, if reading back to back, comes as a bit of a nasty shock!
Julie
J'avais beaucoup aimé ce livre. Ma mère me l'avait acheté parce que j'étais à deux doigts d'avoir ma propre anecdote des sourcils rasés!
L
Still a great children's classic (though a lot more violence than I remembered from reading it as a child).
Rima Montada
Je l'adore... Belles histoires belles lecons
Il était une fois ,j'ai lu ce livre
Charlotte
Awesome story tying the other 2 book together with mystery
Pierina
They were also my companions.

Best regards
Py
Anie
O meu livro preferido quando era miúda :-)
Naruto4Hokage(Jessica)
Rommy
Rommy added it
Oct 19, 2014
  • Rosa, Minha Irmã Rosa
  • Les Récrés du Petit Nicolas (Le petit Nicolas, #2)
  • Uma Aventura nas Férias Grandes (Uma Aventura, #23)
  • A Capital
  • Aventuras de João Sem Medo
  • Le Petit Chose
  • La Petite Fadette
  • A Fada Oriana
  • O Guarda da Praia
  • Adèle et la bête (Adèle Blanc-Sec, #1)
  • Eurico, o Presbítero
  • Contos da Montanha
  • Quadehar the Sorcerer (Book of the Stars, #1)
  • Le Comte de Monte-Cristo I