Start by marking “Here Comes the Sun” as Want to Read:
Here Comes the Sun

Here Comes the Sun

The last of the six Lorraine girls unmarried, daring young Julie has been summoned to the coast of Maine, where her Aunt Martha has consulted the stars to find her a suitable match. Julie fully intends to prove her wrong, but, just as her train is departing, she jumps off to save a runaway dog and is left behind. A sudden storm forces her to take refuge in an old cabin, ...more
Published October 28th 1971 by Bantam Books (first published 1924)

To ask other readers questions about Here Comes the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here Comes the Sun

Diane Lynn
Nov 07, 2014 Diane Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery, maine
Sweet, fun little story with a strong, spunky heroine. This one is a bit old fashioned and dated but it is authentic to the time it was written (1924). There is a little mystery to be solved which reminded me of an older Nancy Drew. In this book Julie is 23.

I did enjoy this book and give it 3.5 stars.

I have been humming the George Harrison song since I started this book. While I do like the song and enjoyed Abbey Road, it's time for the song to get out of my mind!
Sophie
Jul 17, 2013 Sophie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-books
This is not one of my favorite Emilie Loring books, but it's still enjoyable. If the smuggling plot is not particularly well done, I still appreciate Loring's attempt to point out the seriousness (in those days) of turning a blind eye--or even participating in--bootlegging. I also appreciated the political race that figures into the plot and that the hero is determined to run his campaign for state senator without digging up dirt on his opponent. He makes the point that good people stay out of ...more
Crystal
Feb 27, 2008 Crystal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of old/ old-fashioned romances with suspense
This is a sweet book. All Emilie Loring's book are almost overwhelmingly sweet and wholesome, with prose that is just WAY TOO descriptive. However, the basic story structure is fun, in the dated, contrived "oh, your honor has compromised. let's get married in name only, and redeem it". always a set up for romance in books, and usually a good payoff for the reader. Like this one. It's a good, sweet, fun read. Read it when you want to just relax and enjoy a book that's not too demanding.
Cate
Dec 02, 2015 Cate rated it liked it
It was pretty good. some parts were very boring, but the climax was exciting and i couldn't but the book down.
Julie was supposed to be a strong and tough character but at times seemed very whiny.
Cherrie Wilson
Mar 15, 2014 Cherrie Wilson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: emilie-loring
This is one of the best Emilie Loring books I have read; and, I have read all of the printed books. I would recommend this series to anyone of any age.
Clara Ellen
A really fine story by Emilie Loring..with a satisfying conclusion..loved the characters and loved the story!
colleen
Mar 03, 2010 colleen rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 1984
read 02.09.84
Madeline
Dec 05, 2015 Madeline rated it liked it
I loved this Emilie Loring books. It is so mysterious and romantic.
Mira
Mira rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2010
Barbara Royer
Barbara Royer rated it liked it
May 16, 2010
Emtems
Emtems rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2010
Elizabeth Hermesch
Elizabeth Hermesch rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2013
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2016
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2016
Dawn
Dawn rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Marie Slivocka
Marie Slivocka rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2012
Amanda Chambers
Amanda Chambers rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2010
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2012
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2010
Jean
Jean rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2008
Gayla
Gayla rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2010
▪Heather▪
▪Heather▪ rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2008
Retha
Retha rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2011
Marilyn Hudson
Marilyn Hudson rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Audrey
Audrey rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Happiness Hill
  • The White Lady
  • The Fifth Kiss
  • The Sister Swap
Emilie Loring was born in Boston, Massachusetts in 1864 to George M. Baker and Emily Frances (Boles) Baker. Her father was a playwright and publisher and her mother was a homemaker. Loring married Victor J. Loring, who was a lawyer. She died in Wellesley, Massachusetts on March 13, 1951. At the time of her death, Loring had sold more than a million copies of her first thirty books.

Loring was a pr
More about Emilie Baker Loring...