Start by marking “Wisdom from the Four Agreements” as Want to Read:
Wisdom from the Four Agreements

Wisdom from the Four Agreements

4.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  946 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
This Charming Petite(TM) excerpts the best-selling original book in a concise and readable way, presenting The Four Agreements: Be impeccable with your word; Don't take anything personally; Don't make assumptions; and Always do your best.
Published January 1st 2003 by Peter Pauper Press

To ask other readers questions about Wisdom from the Four Agreements, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wisdom from the Four Agreements

Heather Sewell
Jun 07, 2010 Heather Sewell rated it it was amazing
Pg. 49 "Even when a situation seems so personal, even if others insult you directly, it has nothing to do with you. What they say, what they do, and the opinions they give are according to the agreements they have in their own minds."
Holly
Jun 25, 2009 Holly rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
though i've read this before, am reading again. it's cool to see where i was when i first read it as opposed to know. i've grown a lot since then. the agreements are totally practical, and i'm glad to review them for reinforcement.

This book should be read every year, say, on one's birthday - or, if your birthday falls on a major holiday, every half-birthday!
Darlene
May 21, 2014 Darlene rated it it was amazing
This book changed my life.

A gift that must be shared. So simple yet so hard. I was able to realize that I hold the key to my happiness and no one can take it away without my permission.

Chuck
Apr 21, 2008 Chuck rated it liked it
i like this kinda crap.
Helen
Apr 03, 2016 Helen rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
A great little book given to me years ago by my sister. I live each day trying to follow these four agreements.
Adriana
Oct 15, 2014 Adriana rated it did not like it
The ideas itself are not bad at all, but I hated the form. Reding about black magic and angels in our hearts is to nuts for me :)
Nycci Darlin
Oct 08, 2014 Nycci Darlin rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book and I feel it's a book everyone should read...
Barbara E
Jun 08, 2014 Barbara E rated it it was amazing
I give this as a gift many, many times each year.
Lexylove
John
Aug 05, 2014 John added it
Awesomely powerful
Alberto Vasquez
This book is amazing book for people who want to recreate themselves and have a better character. Also I feel that is a life changer because you are able to learn how to take control over your emotions and thoughts about life. I will recommend this book to everyone to read and learn.
Jeff
Dec 24, 2013 Jeff rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
The basic premise of this book is we develop agreements that shape our reality. Everyone lives in their own world. If you replace "agreements" with "thoughts," then you have, in the following sentence, a summary of probably 99.99999999% percent of self-help books: Our thoughts shape our reality. Stated differently: Change your thoughts, change your life.
Bára
Jan 04, 2014 Bára rated it really liked it
Fast, deep, good... want to read all Four agreements, not just wisdom:)
Samantha Davidson-Wlazlak (Mirror Bridge Books)
This is one book that every family needs to add to their library collection..it is filled with valuable Toltec wisdom that can be applied to everyday life and has the ability to make a person grow spiritually..
Kayla
Jul 09, 2014 Kayla rated it it was amazing
A quick and inspirational that offers some great things to think about. This is a book that is worth revisiting a couple times a year.
Tieya
Oct 20, 2010 Tieya rated it liked it
This is a easy read book and it goes bay fast. You can read it the whole book in about two hours. Overall it has a great message and is something I think people should not only read but practice as well.
Lynn
Jan 28, 2013 Lynn rated it it was amazing
I often read this at lunch time as a reminder to myself - Take nothing personally, among other truths! It only takes ~10 minutes and I am renewed...
Luyanda
Oct 09, 2015 Luyanda rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely amazing and also very informative.I would recommend it to everyone who is interested in exploring more into life.
George
Nov 06, 2009 George rated it really liked it
well, a year later, I'm back reading it again...realizing enlightenment can be attained and lost, too, to so many degrees.
J
Dec 01, 2012 J rated it really liked it
Read this before. Loved it all. Bite size of everything. It's a reminder of everything if what I read before and liked.
Malooele
i have learned not to take things that people do personaly and not to make any assumptions about any situation....
Gala Balaguer
Feb 09, 2015 Gala Balaguer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ongoing
Practicing the wisdom in this tiny book has made living so much easier and enjoyable.
Chris
May 31, 2012 Chris added it
Great little book to carry around to remind you of the book and this is true wisdom
Sue
Jul 04, 2012 Sue rated it it was amazing
Perfect for guiding your daily actions.....for the REST of your life!
Aunt
Jul 25, 2008 Aunt is currently reading it
Just received this cute little wisdom book as a gift.
Nick Sklias
Feb 18, 2009 Nick Sklias rated it it was amazing
don't take things personally, amongst three other things~
Ronald Boy
Apr 26, 2008 Ronald Boy rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book! Really gives you a lot to think about.
Orishaz
Aug 11, 2010 Orishaz rated it it was amazing
I carry this little book with me.
Courtney Henley-Anderson
Apr 17, 2009 Courtney Henley-Anderson rated it it was amazing
Love. Small companion reminder.
  • Beyond Fear: A Toltec Guide to Freedom and Joy: The Teachings of Don Miguel Ruiz
  • The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy
  • Kabbalah: The Power to Change Everything
  • Living a Life of Inner Peace
  • King David: The Real Life of the Man Who Ruled Israel
  • Celestine Insights - Limited Edition of Celestine Prophecy and Tenth Insight
  • The Way: Using the Wisdom of Kabbalah for Spiritual Transformation and Fulfillment
  • Coyote Medicine: Lessons from Native American Healing
  • Prayers of the Cosmos: Reflections on the Original Meaning of Jesus's Words
  • The Mayan Calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness
  • Strangely Like War: The Global Assault on Forests
  • Rabbi Jesus: An Intimate Biography
  • Blues Dancing
The tools shared by don Miguel are based on common sense and shared with such simplicity, that the universal message underlying his teaching is recognized by many. don Miguel's message is simple, practical and when implemented, even incrementally, changes lives.

In the tradition of the Toltec, a Nagual guides an individual to personal freedom. Combining new insights with old wisdom, don Miguel has
More about Miguel Ruiz...