Start by marking “Wisdom from the Four Agreements” as Want to Read:
Wisdom from the Four Agreements

Wisdom from the Four Agreements

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  886 ratings  ·  36 reviews
This Charming Petite(TM) excerpts the best-selling original book in a concise and readable way, presenting The Four Agreements: Be impeccable with your word; Don't take anything personally; Don't make assumptions; and Always do your best.
Published January 1st 2003 by Peter Pauper Press

To ask other readers questions about Wisdom from the Four Agreements, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wisdom from the Four Agreements

Heather Sewell
Pg. 49 "Even when a situation seems so personal, even if others insult you directly, it has nothing to do with you. What they say, what they do, and the opinions they give are according to the agreements they have in their own minds."
Jun 25, 2009 Holly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
though i've read this before, am reading again. it's cool to see where i was when i first read it as opposed to know. i've grown a lot since then. the agreements are totally practical, and i'm glad to review them for reinforcement.

This book should be read every year, say, on one's birthday - or, if your birthday falls on a major holiday, every half-birthday!
This book changed my life.

A gift that must be shared. So simple yet so hard. I was able to realize that I hold the key to my happiness and no one can take it away without my permission.

i like this kinda crap.
The ideas itself are not bad at all, but I hated the form. Reding about black magic and angels in our hearts is to nuts for me :)
Nycci Darlin
I enjoyed this book and I feel it's a book everyone should read...
Barbara E
I give this as a gift many, many times each year.
please hold to it As u would a Bible ...more
Xenia Oz
<3 it,
Aug 05, 2014 John added it
Awesomely powerful
Alberto Vasquez
This book is amazing book for people who want to recreate themselves and have a better character. Also I feel that is a life changer because you are able to learn how to take control over your emotions and thoughts about life. I will recommend this book to everyone to read and learn.
Dec 24, 2013 Jeff rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
The basic premise of this book is we develop agreements that shape our reality. Everyone lives in their own world. If you replace "agreements" with "thoughts," then you have, in the following sentence, a summary of probably 99.99999999% percent of self-help books: Our thoughts shape our reality. Stated differently: Change your thoughts, change your life.
Fast, deep, good... want to read all Four agreements, not just wisdom:)
This book is absolutely amazing and also very informative.I would recommend it to everyone who is interested in exploring more into life.
Samantha Davidson (Wisdom Web Networking)
This is one book that every family needs to add to their library is filled with valuable Toltec wisdom that can be applied to everyday life and has the ability to make a person grow spiritually..
A quick and inspirational that offers some great things to think about. This is a book that is worth revisiting a couple times a year.
This is a easy read book and it goes bay fast. You can read it the whole book in about two hours. Overall it has a great message and is something I think people should not only read but practice as well.
I often read this at lunch time as a reminder to myself - Take nothing personally, among other truths! It only takes ~10 minutes and I am renewed...
well, a year later, I'm back reading it again...realizing enlightenment can be attained and lost, too, to so many degrees.
Read this before. Loved it all. Bite size of everything. It's a reminder of everything if what I read before and liked.
i have learned not to take things that people do personaly and not to make any assumptions about any situation....
Gala Balaguer
Practicing the wisdom in this tiny book has made living so much easier and enjoyable.
May 31, 2012 Chris added it
Great little book to carry around to remind you of the book and this is true wisdom
Perfect for guiding your daily actions.....for the REST of your life!
Jul 25, 2008 Aunt is currently reading it
Just received this cute little wisdom book as a gift.
Nick Sklias
don't take things personally, amongst three other things~
Ronald Boy
Fantastic book! Really gives you a lot to think about.
I carry this little book with me.
Courtney Henley-Anderson
Love. Small companion reminder.
Everyone should read this.
  • Beyond Fear: A Toltec Guide to Freedom and Joy: The Teachings of Don Miguel Ruiz
  • The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy
  • The Five Levels of Attachment: Toltec Wisdom for the Modern World
  • Unconditional Life: Discovering the Power to Fulfill Your Dreams
  • The 72 Names of God: Technology for the Soul
  • The Prophet's Way: A Guide to Living in the Now
  • The Way: Using the Wisdom of Kabbalah for Spiritual Transformation and Fulfillment
  • Bouncing Back: Rewiring Your Brain for Maximum Resilience and Well-Being
  • Living a Life of Inner Peace
  • The Disappearance of the Universe
  • Rabbi Jesus: An Intimate Biography
  • The Way to Love
The tools shared by don Miguel are based on common sense and shared with such simplicity, that the universal message underlying his teaching is recognized by many. don Miguel's message is simple, practical and when implemented, even incrementally, changes lives.

In the tradition of the Toltec, a Nagual guides an individual to personal freedom. Combining new insights with old wisdom, don Miguel has
More about Miguel Ruiz...
The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship --Toltec Wisdom Book The Voice of Knowledge: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace The Four Agreements Companion Book The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery