Start by marking “Chief Rhino to the Rescue!” as Want to Read:
Chief Rhino to the Rescue!

Chief Rhino to the Rescue!

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Chief Rhino is the bravest person in Whoops-a-Daisy World, so when he sees the flicker of flames in a window, he knows he must race to the rescue. If anyone can save the day, Chief Rhino can!

In this new adventure from Whoops-a-Daisy World, children can spot their old friends from Doctor Meow's Big Emergency in the background and make new friends, too.

Sam Lloyd's humorous,
Published September 1st 2009 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published July 10th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Chief Rhino to the Rescue!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chief Rhino to the Rescue!

Sar
i adore this book, the illustrations, the simple but exciting story, and how fun it is. i am excited that i've found an author that writes an interesting story that isn't agenda or gigantic lesson-learning bound, but just plain fun. "what the blazes" has become a frequent phrase around our house.
Amy
Crimony, I thought this was funny! The kids enjoyed it, too, and both of them were laughing at various points. Cute story, and really, this would be a pretty good (albeit sarcastic) gift to give to one's aging mother.... Just a thought. :-)
Terri
My son enjoys this book. We got it from the library and he wants to read it all the time. It's a fun quick story with colorful illustrations. It's fun for a little boy.
Sylvester
4* art
3* story

Squirt loves firetrucks. Any book with a firetruck is great.
Josie B.
Good for 2-5 year old. Every picture. Includes additional print that you can make a game of finding and reading out loud. Pointing out print in your environment is one way to nurture print awareness, reinforcing that print is important. The plot is cute and age appropriate. I am pairing it with Clothesline Clues For Jobs People Do by Kathryn Heiling for a community helpers storytime.
Rachel
I liked this book better than "Doctor Meow's Big Emergency" as at least their was a bit of a sense of humor in it, when Chief Rhino bursts into Great-Granny Wrinkle's (a 100 yr old elephant)party and soaks her cake with 100 candles on it. Again brilliant end pages that go along with the story, with photos of the characters together and a letter from the elephant.
Libby
Another one that wasn't a favorite of mine (from the library), but Nathaniel just loved it--especially the picture of the whole town that he could find different things in.
Beverly
Rather funny, as the chief mistakes a birthday cake with one hundred candles for a raging fire. Comical, large illustrations.
Kiddo
After experiencing the smash hit that is Dr Meow, kiddo was delighted to find this at the library.
Tam
My 4-year-old thought this was a funny story. Especially when he found out what caused the fire.

S.K.
Cute story with a unique voice. I had fun reading it to my 5-year old girls.
Beth
Cute but I think I like the first book about Whoops-a-Daisy World.
H
Sep 25, 2012 H added it
Shelves: library-books
My favorite part was when he tried to save the day but he didn't.
Joy Ocean
5 year old son really likes the book.
Michelle
Excellent pictures and a great moral.
Stephanie West
Stephanie West marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sam Lloyd studied at Brighton University where she gained a BA Hons in Illustration. Now Sam is the author and illustrator of many successful picture books for children. Her picture books include Happy Day, Sad Dog which won the Sainsbury’s Baby Book Award in 2003, Mr Pusskins which won the Booktrust Pre-School Award in 2006 and the V & A Illustration Award. Most recently Calm Down Boris publi ...more
More about Sam Lloyd...
Mr. Pusskins: A Love Story Mr. Pusskins and Little Whiskers: Another Love Story What Color Is Your Underwear? Doctor Meow's Big Emergency Yummy Yummy! Food for My Tummy!