Start by marking “Chief Rhino to the Rescue!” as Want to Read:
Chief Rhino to the Rescue!

Chief Rhino to the Rescue!

3.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  81 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Chief Rhino is the bravest person in Whoops-a-Daisy World, so when he sees the flicker of flames in a window, he knows he must race to the rescue. If anyone can save the day, Chief Rhino can!

In this new adventure from Whoops-a-Daisy World, children can spot their old friends from Doctor Meow's Big Emergency in the background and make new friends, too.

Sam Lloyd's humorous,
Published September 1st 2009 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published July 10th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Chief Rhino to the Rescue!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chief Rhino to the Rescue!

Sar
Apr 03, 2011 Sar rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
i adore this book, the illustrations, the simple but exciting story, and how fun it is. i am excited that i've found an author that writes an interesting story that isn't agenda or gigantic lesson-learning bound, but just plain fun. "what the blazes" has become a frequent phrase around our house.
Amy
Jun 01, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, reviewed
Crimony, I thought this was funny! The kids enjoyed it, too, and both of them were laughing at various points. Cute story, and really, this would be a pretty good (albeit sarcastic) gift to give to one's aging mother.... Just a thought. :-)
Terri
Jun 23, 2015 Terri rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
My son enjoys this book. We got it from the library and he wants to read it all the time. It's a fun quick story with colorful illustrations. It's fun for a little boy.
Meghan Hunt
Jan 19, 2016 Meghan Hunt rated it really liked it
Shelves: jp-picture-books
I'm going to use this in a preschool storytime about birthdays. I think it will have broad appeal. I love the brightly colored illustrations.
Sylvester
Aug 27, 2015 Sylvester rated it it was ok
4* art
3* story

Squirt loves firetrucks. Any book with a firetruck is great.
Josie B.
Oct 03, 2015 Josie B. rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime, 3s, 4s-5s, 2s
Good for 2-5 year old. Every picture. Includes additional print that you can make a game of finding and reading out loud. Pointing out print in your environment is one way to nurture print awareness, reinforcing that print is important. The plot is cute and age appropriate. I am pairing it with Clothesline Clues For Jobs People Do by Kathryn Heiling for a community helpers storytime.
Rachel
Feb 28, 2010 Rachel rated it liked it
I liked this book better than "Doctor Meow's Big Emergency" as at least their was a bit of a sense of humor in it, when Chief Rhino bursts into Great-Granny Wrinkle's (a 100 yr old elephant)party and soaks her cake with 100 candles on it. Again brilliant end pages that go along with the story, with photos of the characters together and a letter from the elephant.
Libby
Apr 19, 2010 Libby rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Another one that wasn't a favorite of mine (from the library), but Nathaniel just loved it--especially the picture of the whole town that he could find different things in.
Beverly
Jan 28, 2013 Beverly rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Rather funny, as the chief mistakes a birthday cake with one hundred candles for a raging fire. Comical, large illustrations.
Kiddo
Sep 12, 2012 Kiddo rated it really liked it
After experiencing the smash hit that is Dr Meow, kiddo was delighted to find this at the library.
Tam
Jul 19, 2014 Tam rated it liked it
My 4-year-old thought this was a funny story. Especially when he found out what caused the fire.

Beth
Sep 02, 2009 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Cute but I think I like the first book about Whoops-a-Daisy World.
H
Sep 25, 2012 H added it
Shelves: library-books
My favorite part was when he tried to save the day but he didn't.
Joy Ocean
Jul 29, 2013 Joy Ocean rated it it was amazing
5 year old son really likes the book.
Stacia Leigh
Cute story with a unique voice.
Michelle
Mar 12, 2010 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-books
Excellent pictures and a great moral.
Stephen Morris
Stephen Morris marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Claudia Reisinger
Claudia Reisinger marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
yoonho Kim
yoonho Kim rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2015
Elias Alban
Elias Alban marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Taisha Burelle
Taisha Burelle marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Benjamin
Benjamin rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Josie Boettcher
Josie Boettcher rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Justine Goeden
Justine Goeden rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sam Lloyd studied at Brighton University where she gained a BA Hons in Illustration. Now Sam is the author and illustrator of many successful picture books for children. Her picture books include Happy Day, Sad Dog which won the Sainsbury’s Baby Book Award in 2003, Mr Pusskins which won the Booktrust Pre-School Award in 2006 and the V & A Illustration Award. Most recently Calm Down Boris publi ...more
More about Sam Lloyd...