Start by marking “Invasion of the Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #11)” as Want to Read:
Invasion of the Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #11)

Invasion of the Dykes to Watch Out For (Dykes to Watch Out For #11)

Book 11 in the Dykes to Watch Out For series finds Alison Bechdel’s beloved cast of characters discovering that nothing but change is constant in our multihued terror alert system world. Mo is working her way through library school by shelving bestsellers at Bounders Books and Muzak, Sparrow and Stuart face parenthood with a mixture of ambivalence and zeal, Clarice and Ton ...more
Published October 1st 2005 by Alyson Books

To ask other readers questions about Invasion of the Dykes to Watch Out For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invasion of the Dykes to Watch Out For

Fun Home by Alison BechdelThe Essential Dykes to Watch Out For by Alison BechdelLe bleu est une couleur chaude by Julie MarohAre You My Mother? by Alison BechdelBatwoman by Greg Rucka
Best Lesbian Graphic Novels
121st out of 145 books — 129 voters
Fun Home by Alison BechdelStone Butch Blues by Leslie FeinbergThe Well of Loneliness by Radclyffe HallPregnant Butch by A.K. SummersPersistence by Ivan E. Coyote
Butch Women and Female Masculinity
82nd out of 164 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Manny
Jul 13, 2012 Manny rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dykes and would-be dykes with a sense of humor
Recommended to Manny by: A dyke friend with a sense of humor

description
Erin
Nov 03, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it
This series as a whole is a classic, and the humor, attention to detail, poignancy, and social commentary are still strong. But this is easily my least favorite collection yet. In, I think, the previous collection, Toni chastises Clarice for letting her depression over Bush's election overwhelm her, yelling, "Life goes on!" I wanted to say the same thing to Alison Bechdel. The personal takes too much of a backseat to the political here, and major events in the characters' lives - Sparrow and Stu ...more
Ricky
Apr 11, 2011 Ricky rated it it was amazing
loved, obvi.
and maybe it's my fault for reading 4 Dykes to Watch Out For in two days, but this book in particular seems really pessimistic.
still...I'm fighting the urge to go buy some baggy shorts and hold them up with a thin belt.
Tasha
Jul 28, 2016 Tasha added it
Shelves: comics, 2013
January 2013
Kay
Apr 30, 2011 Kay rated it liked it
I loved "Fun Home", but "Invasion" fell short for me. None of the characters had their own voices/points of view; they were all just some variation of Bechdel's liberal idealism. However, as someone too young to remember the early Bush years, I did enjoy reading her critical take on that era.
Pia
Jan 06, 2008 Pia rated it it was amazing
I enjoy Bechdel's whole series and have read them all many, many, many times. Bechdel's work is consistently funny, always politically astute, and even sexy, to boot, representation of lesbian life.
Debbie
Lena left this in the hallway, so I read it. Slice-of-life in the mid-2000s friends. I think I need to read a little further back to know enough about the different characters and what's going on.
Scott
Jan 27, 2009 Scott rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the DTWOF so far, in large part because of the cutest trans youth scene ever in which a young trans girl (Janis) introduces her mom (Jasmine) to her trans boy boyfriend (Alex). !!!
Alita
Jun 21, 2007 Alita rated it it was amazing
Maybe it's the post-9/11 world in general. Maybe it's the war. Maybe it's because Mo is a librarian. Whatever. This one rocks. Well, they all kind of rock, but this one really rocks.
Lisa
Apr 14, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Not only is she a talented comic and writer, she is in touch with the pulse of modern politics, feminism, literature and of course, lesbians.
Rachel
Jul 10, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
The last of the books (so far)! Finishing this book was like saying goodbye to good friends. I hope there will be another book.
Matt
Sep 21, 2008 Matt rated it it was amazing
As a gamer, I printed out the cartoon where Rafi plays Vice City. That sums it up.
Rafi's my favorite character.
May 31, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, queer
Don't know how I missed this one when it came out. Alas, now i'm caught up with all the collections.
Leah
Aug 11, 2008 Leah rated it did not like it
so bad i couldn't finish it. definitely not the sort of dykes i'm watching out for.
Bailey
May 18, 2007 Bailey rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Open minded comic lovers
Bechdel is really funny and makes great commentary on contemporary US issues.
Bob Folker
Jul 01, 2012 Bob Folker rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
Engaging characters and interesting storylines.
Recs
Jan 04, 2009 Recs rated it really liked it
Wow... addicting!
BB
BB rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Daliah
Daliah marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Piotr Kowal
Piotr Kowal marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Ziggy
Ziggy rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Goddess
Goddess rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Dale Jackson
Dale Jackson rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Brian Thaler
Brian Thaler rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Jenny Eng
Jenny Eng rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
Zach O'Brien
Zach O'Brien rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
RachyCareBear
RachyCareBear marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Lizzie Stevens
Lizzie Stevens marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
  • No Straight Lines: Four Decades of Queer Comics
  • The Fun House
  • In a Queer Time and Place: Transgender Bodies, Subcultural Lives
  • Boots of Leather, Slippers of Gold: The History of a Lesbian Community
  • Deaths of Jocasta (Micky Knight, #2)
  • The Lesbian and Gay Studies Reader
  • Rent Girl
  • Strangers In Paradise, Pocket Book 4
  • The Adventures of Barry Ween, Boy Genius 4: Gorilla Warfare
  • How To Go To Hell
  • The Legend of Bold Riley
  • Doonesbury Deluxe: Selected Glances Askance
21982
Alison Bechdel is an American cartoonist. Originally best known for the long-running comic strip Dykes To Watch Out For, in 2006 she became a best-selling and critically acclaimed author with her graphic memoir Fun Home.
More about Alison Bechdel...

Dykes to Watch Out For (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #1)
  • More Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #2)
  • New, Improved! Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #3)
  • Dykes to Watch Out For: The Sequel (DtWOF, #4)
  • Spawn of Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #5)
  • Unnatural Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #6)
  • Hot, Throbbing Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #7)
  • Split-Level Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #8)
  • Post Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #9)
  • Dykes and Sundry Other Carbon-Based Life Forms to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #10)