Start by marking “The Four Agreements Companion Book: Using the Four Agreements to Master the Dream of Your Life” as Want to Read:

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  3,159 Ratings  ·  127 Reviews
The Four Agreements introduced a simple, but powerful code of conduct for attaining personal freedom and true happiness. Now The Four Agreements Companion Book takes you even further along the journey to recover the awareness and wisdom of your authentic self. This companion book is a must-read not only for those who enjoyed don Miguel’s first book, but for anyone who is r ...more
Published October 16th 2000 by Amber-Allen Publishing (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Four Agreements Companion Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Four Agreements Companion Book

Carol
Aug 05, 2012 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book able to contribute to making peoples' lives a lot more carefree and comfortable. I have no doubt that if each of the agreements are worked on even a little, people would start to see how they're causing a lot of their own grief. It has to do with giving an overhaul to very old beliefs about self esteem, needs and expectations, finally.

I started reading the Four Agreements back in the '90s, but a lot of things got in my way, like mostly my life! I finally got back to reading this book t
Nicholas Xifaras
Sometimes the most profound books are the shortest. While most authors believe that using verbose and loquaciousness wording to make their side more convincing, it doesn't. Ruiz uses the perfect word-length, he ensures you will not get bored, and you feel as if it is worth every minute of reading. Along with his brevity is his clarity. He gives many examples and real world uses for his four principles to follow in life.

Ruiz is a student of the Toltec way of life. The Toltec people flourished be
Megan Hodgson
May 20, 2013 Megan Hodgson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I honestly can’t believe that this book isn’t mentioned more. I really do feel like this book and “The Four Agreements” should just be one book. If anything, I got more out of this companion book than I did out of the “Four Agreements”!

This book was stunning. I really like that there are a lot of journal prompts in the book. I have been going through and writing them all down, and am planning on journalling my way through the questions this summer. There were a lot of questions in this book that
Harshal
Feb 09, 2016 Harshal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple, captive reading. The teachings are quite profound. Simple changes that can lead to a better and a happy life.
Zuzka
Jan 21, 2016 Zuzka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book helped me a lot. It is one of the ' must read' books if you want to learn more about yourself and how to world functions.
 Doris Powell
This book enhances THE FOUR AGREEMENTS. It talks further about the Judge, The Law, and the Victim. It also deals with the Parasite. I found it mostly interesting, but at times the author lost me in his discussion. The Glossary at the back of the book was a great help. I also enjoyed the stories of people who had applied the Four Agreements to their lives, found before the Glossary. This book gave me a lot of food for thought and helpful ideas on how to succeed in life and be happier. It also tau ...more
Carole
Mar 20, 2017 Carole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though I did not like it as much as The Four Agreements, it is still an excellent book that provides insight and guidance.
Jan Garza
Self help. 4 rules to live better life. Nothing new but always good to strive to be better.
Antonia Vinciarelli
I loved this book. I initially picked it up because in stores I thought it was the first book, The Four Agreements. But I am glad I read this because I know I got the same message as the other book even if the other book would be more detailed and specific. I know that I will truly hold these four agreements close to me and constantly remind myself of them. This is a book I needed to read. It only took me a week. I was moved by its power and found myself highlighting a ton. Inspirational.
Sharon
Jul 03, 2014 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Four Agreements. by Miguel Angel Ruiz
Don Miguel Ángel Ruiz, better known as Don Miguel Ruiz, is a Mexican author of New Age spiritualist and neoshamanistic texts. His teaching is significantly influenced by the work of Carlos Castaneda.

One, Be impeccable with your word,
Two, Don't take anything personally
Three, Don't make assumptions.
Four, Always do your best.
What an amazing book, it came into my life at just the right time. I follow my own spiritual beliefs, which I must admit are pretty ba
Ariadna73
Jan 26, 2012 Ariadna73 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
"Si, otra confesión más. Yo he leído un millón de libros de autoayuda. Desde los nueve años (¡y cuánta agua ha corrido bajo el puente desde aquello!) mi papá me matriculó en un curso que se llamaba ""poder mental"", que dictaba un tal Leandro Gómez, o algo así. El hecho es que se hacía el curso, y se leía el libro del mismo nombre, y entonces uno se convertía en un ""super-humano"" capaz de hacer cualquier cosa.

¿Me convertí en una ""supergirl""?... Bueno, para mí que el curso necesitaba algo de
Camilo Rodriguez
Dec 20, 2016 Camilo Rodriguez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is a book that EVERYBODY should read!
Monika
Aug 23, 2015 Monika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The companion book builds on the content I read from the first book "The Four Agreements." I found this one easier to follow, more practical and relevant to my daily life. I appreciated his wisdom on accepting people for who they are, living in the present moment and not taking the criticism of other people personally. I like that there was a Q&A and personal stories at the end; it allowed me to see how Don Miguel's principles are practiced in the lives of ordinary people. The only thing I d ...more
Melissa
Mar 12, 2009 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Reading similar concepts from the original “Four Agreements” book helped created a new light where I was able to focus more on breaking down the domestication of myself and see how I am able to transform my thoughts and beliefs to become empowered… Again, this book helped me to look at personal ownership of how I act and react to others around me.

The focus was still on the key principles:
Be impeccable with your word.
Don’t take anything personally.
Don’t make assumptions.
Always do your best.
Anablava Ligataj
I must confess that if I did not have the compulsory need to finish every book I start reading, I would have never finished this one.
I found it to be a mere repetition of the book it was supposed to accompany. Merely a tool to get more money out of the 4 agreements. Such a pity, I found the first book interesting but after reading this I am no longer a fan.
So my advice to you: if you liked the four agreements, do not read the companion book. It will make you dislike them.
If you didn't like the f
Steven Howard
Sep 30, 2014 Steven Howard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is subtitled "A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom".

And that's exactly what it is.....very practical indeed.

The opening 40-50 pages, however, paint a very dark and bleak view of the world and humanity. The perspective was so negative, I almost put the book down. Fortunately, I plowed on and got to the meat of the Four Agreements, a concept so simple and practical that anyone can put it to immediate use.

I'm surprised this simple philosophy of life doesn't have a more vocal following.
Darlene
May 21, 2014 Darlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a life changer for me. 1) Be impeccable with you word 2) Don't take anything personally 3) Don't make assumptions 4) Always do your best.

As I applied these agreements into my life I began to realize that I and I alone, hold the key to my happiness and that no one can take it away without my permission. It also gave me greater compassion for others that were dealing with anger and frustration. I didn't feel the need to "fix" them or take it upon myself.

A gift.

I like to re-read this
Barbara Ab
Jan 19, 2014 Barbara Ab rated it really liked it
The Four Agreements are:
1. Be Impeccable With Your Word.
2. Don't Take Anything Personally.
3. Don't Make Assumptions.
4. Always Do Your Best
I have read that the author has been influenced by Castenada, whose I have read nothing, but certainly there is a lot of PLN training programme and transactional analysis at the basis of his thought.
I have no idea whether the shaman’s theories have been adapted to nowadays world or viceversa.
Nonetheless, this little book (only 44 pages extremely easy to read)
Alicia
Apr 20, 2008 Alicia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
I really enjoyed this book as I enjoyed other books by this author. The ideas in "The Four Agreements" made a lot of sense. The thing I liked about this companion book is that it gives the tools for how to start practicing the four agreements in every day life. I especially like the end of the book that had a series of questions and answers. I found that this section answered many questions that I had in the back of my mind about the Four Agreements.
Shelley York
Dec 25, 2015 Shelley York rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the four agreements and they really made me think. I decided to read the companion book to get even deeper into the concept of the four agreements. Reading the book just made something click. I did not want to put it down. I know it will take a lot of work and dedication on my part but I think that these books and believing in what they say I can change my life for the better. I am going to read the four agreements again to really get them to sink in
Sandy
Sep 01, 2009 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Doing a journal...makes it even better. Going to see him speak at the light expo at Lakeland College. Can't wait.

I loved the book so much that I went and bought every book Miguel Ruiz wrote and read them all by now. Only one I haven't read yet is his latest book, the fifth agreement. Highly recommend all of his books.The Glass Castle
tiffany
Jun 21, 2009 tiffany rated it it was amazing
some good additions to the book, it is the original with the second half being application, etc. regardless, the additions are good and can be quite helpful, bottom-line - the messages contained in the 4 agreements are simple yet profound if followed and would be life changing for any who follow them at all. a good map for life.
Velvetea
Jan 15, 2013 Velvetea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
Good reflection on where your thoughts often lead you, and how to deviate from the negative traps of the "Parasite". Just by reminding myself not to make assumptions about everything, or take anything personally, I am already seeing with more serenity than my typical anxiety, and trying not to take things so seriously. It feels good ;).
Shelley
Jan 21, 2008 Shelley rated it it was amazing
I recommend everyone read this book! I was drawn to it because it talks about important pieces of our lives such as being true to your word, not taking everything personally (meaning, people act out of their own preconceived notions and will always have their individual opinions about something most likely different than yours) and not making assumptions (which is hard for a lot of us!).
Cindie
Oct 08, 2010 Cindie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won't say that I fully subscribe to everything he says in this book, but I do fully subscribe to 'The Four Agreements' from the previous book I read. They are simple in concept, but difficult to do. Still, four agreements worth pursuing. I also wish that I had been acquainted with this author as a new parent. I might have done a few things differently in parenting, if not mostly in attitude.
L8blmr
Feb 06, 2010 L8blmr rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ok - true confession time. I only made it halfway through this book. Sorry, but it's just too far "out there" for me. (Our life is really only a dream, and so is everyone else's, so don't take anything personally, because it's only a dream.) A good friend tells me that the predecessor to this is much better and it's on its way to me from paperback swap, so stay tuned!
Lisa Carter
Dec 17, 2014 Lisa Carter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is one of the fundamental books in my collection - I recommend it to all my friends who are struggling with personal issues of self-esteem, interactions with others, and moving forward beyond worry, fear, and insecurities. In essence, I believe this book helped me to become a better person, and every day gives me personal goals to reach for. Highly HIGHLY recommended!!
Inspiring Energy
This book is a life changing book. All 4 agreements are helpful to create balance and harmony in all areas of our life. Just in last 2 days of little practice on speaking impeccably made so much difference, I am also practicing not to take things personally by stopping to make assumption and doing my best in all the situation. I have a lot to practice until it becomes my second nature.
Pam Kellim
Feb 02, 2016 Pam Kellim rated it it was amazing
This little book has so much for me to think about, learn from and add to my daily life. Just a few simply agreements can change your life. I suggest everyone keep a copy of this in hand. I'm done reading for the first time but I won't be taking it off my I'm reading now statis. I will continue to revisit it every so often.
Tisha London
Jan 28, 2014 Tisha London rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book was so Amazingggg I read it 3x's! It provides wisdom and answers to those unanswered questions we all have. This book provides A guide to living the best life you can and being the best you can. This book is truly A Blessing and once grasped, it changes your entire outlook on life. One of ther best books I've ever read!!
  • Beyond Fear: A Toltec Guide to Freedom and Joy: The Teachings of Don Miguel Ruiz
  • The Toltec Way: A Guide to Personal Transformation
  • Shamanic Journeying
  • The Call: Discovering Why You Are Here
  • Suffering Is Optional: Three Keys to Freedom and Joy
  • The Journey from Abandonment to Healing: Turn the End of a Relationship into the Beginning of a New Life
  • Banished Knowledge: Facing Childhood Injuries
  • Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts: Using the Power of Pleasure to Have Your Way with the World (How to Use the Power of Pleasure)
  • The Four-Fold Way: Walking the Paths of the Warrior, Teacher, Healer, and Visionary
  • Medicine Cards: The Discovery of Power Through the Ways of Animals
  • The Five Levels of Attachment: Toltec Wisdom for the Modern World
  • The Nature of the Psyche: Its Human Expression
  • The Four Insights: Wisdom, Power, and Grace of the Earthkeepers
  • Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires
  • Psychedelic Shamanism: The Cultivation, Preparation and Shamanic Use of Psychoactive Plants
  • The Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Workbook: Exercises, Questions, and Self-Tests to Help You Keep the Little Things From Taking Over Your Life
  • Flying Without a Broom: Astral Projection and the Astral World
  • The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life: Volume 2
The tools shared by don Miguel are based on common sense and shared with such simplicity, that the universal message underlying his teaching is recognized by many. don Miguel's message is simple, practical and when implemented, even incrementally, changes lives.

In the tradition of the Toltec, a Nagual guides an individual to personal freedom. Combining new insights with old wisdom, don Miguel has
More about Miguel Ruiz...

“I declare a war against my Parasite for the freedom to use my own mind and body, for the freedom to become the architect of my own life, to design the life of my dreams, and to create a masterpiece of art.” 0 likes
“When you become impeccable with your word, your mind is no longer fertile ground for words that come from black magic. Instead, it is fertile for the words that come from love.” 0 likes