Start by marking “The Four Agreements Companion Book: Using the Four Agreements to Master the Dream of Your Life” as Want to Read:

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  2,695 ratings  ·  103 reviews
In The Four Agreements, Mexican shaman Miquel Ruiz built his teachings around four agreements: be impeccable with your word; don't take anything personally; don't make assumptions; always do your best. Now Ruiz offers readers a companion guide, making practical mysticism out of the ancient Toltec tradition. On the one hand this is an eloquent introduction to Toltec teachin ...more
Published October 16th 2000 by Amber-Allen Publishing (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Four Agreements Companion Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Four Agreements Companion Book

Carol
This book able to contribute to making peoples' lives a lot more carefree and comfortable. I have no doubt that if each of the agreements are worked on even a little, people would start to see how they're causing a lot of their own grief. It has to do with giving an overhaul to very old beliefs about self esteem, needs and expectations, finally.

I started reading the Four Agreements back in the '90s, but a lot of things got in my way, like mostly my life! I finally got back to reading this book t
Nicholas Piva
Sometimes the most profound books are the shortest. While most authors believe that using verbose and loquaciousness wording to make their side more convincing, it doesn't. Ruiz uses the perfect word-length, he ensures you will not get bored, and you feel as if it is worth every minute of reading. Along with his brevity is his clarity. He gives many examples and real world uses for his four principles to follow in life.

Ruiz is a student of the Toltec way of life. The Toltec people flourished be
Sharon
The Four Agreements. by Miguel Angel Ruiz
Don Miguel Ángel Ruiz, better known as Don Miguel Ruiz, is a Mexican author of New Age spiritualist and neoshamanistic texts. His teaching is significantly influenced by the work of Carlos Castaneda.

One, Be impeccable with your word,
Two, Don't take anything personally
Three, Don't make assumptions.
Four, Always do your best.
What an amazing book, it came into my life at just the right time. I follow my own spiritual beliefs, which I must admit are pretty ba
Monika
The companion book builds on the content I read from the first book "The Four Agreements." I found this one easier to follow, more practical and relevant to my daily life. I appreciated his wisdom on accepting people for who they are, living in the present moment and not taking the criticism of other people personally. I like that there was a Q&A and personal stories at the end; it allowed me to see how Don Miguel's principles are practiced in the lives of ordinary people. The only thing I d ...more
Darlene
This book was a life changer for me. 1) Be impeccable with you word 2) Don't take anything personally 3) Don't make assumptions 4) Always do your best.

As I applied these agreements into my life I began to realize that I and I alone, hold the key to my happiness and that no one can take it away without my permission. It also gave me greater compassion for others that were dealing with anger and frustration. I didn't feel the need to "fix" them or take it upon myself.

A gift.

I like to re-read this
Steven Howard
This book is subtitled "A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom".

And that's exactly what it is.....very practical indeed.

The opening 40-50 pages, however, paint a very dark and bleak view of the world and humanity. The perspective was so negative, I almost put the book down. Fortunately, I plowed on and got to the meat of the Four Agreements, a concept so simple and practical that anyone can put it to immediate use.

I'm surprised this simple philosophy of life doesn't have a more vocal following.
Ariadna73
"Si, otra confesión más. Yo he leído un millón de libros de autoayuda. Desde los nueve años (¡y cuánta agua ha corrido bajo el puente desde aquello!) mi papá me matriculó en un curso que se llamaba ""poder mental"", que dictaba un tal Leandro Gómez, o algo así. El hecho es que se hacía el curso, y se leía el libro del mismo nombre, y entonces uno se convertía en un ""super-humano"" capaz de hacer cualquier cosa.

¿Me convertí en una ""supergirl""?... Bueno, para mí que el curso necesitaba algo de
Megan Hodgson
I honestly can’t believe that this book isn’t mentioned more. I really do feel like this book and “The Four Agreements” should just be one book. If anything, I got more out of this companion book than I did out of the “Four Agreements”!

This book was stunning. I really like that there are a lot of journal prompts in the book. I have been going through and writing them all down, and am planning on journalling my way through the questions this summer. There were a lot of questions in this book that
Lisa Carter
This book is one of the fundamental books in my collection - I recommend it to all my friends who are struggling with personal issues of self-esteem, interactions with others, and moving forward beyond worry, fear, and insecurities. In essence, I believe this book helped me to become a better person, and every day gives me personal goals to reach for. Highly HIGHLY recommended!!
Michelle Brandstetter
This one took me by surprise. I didn't have much confidence in it from the first chapter, but once I reached the actual agreements I was hooked. If every human being on the planet could follow these four little personal agreements, even just most of the time, we'd be so much better off.
Maribel Reyes
My family had all read this book and kept quoting it, I honestly didn't know what to expect when my aunt gave me a copy as a gift. A year later I finally began reading it, all the wisdom on how to lead a great life. One that is always positive and has no regrets.
Loren Aultman
This book was given to me my my mother as a Christmas present because it is one of her favourite books. It was a quick read, very basic, a bit repetitive. It isn't really my kind of thing, but I can see how it might be useful to someone's life.
Brendy Bou
One of my favorite books of all time. This is simplisticly stating four agreements that will help us in life to better understand ourselves and others. Miguell Ruiz is brilliant!
Simple truths that equate with simple wisdom for living.
Tisha London
Book was so Amazingggg I read it 3x's! It provides wisdom and answers to those unanswered questions we all have. This book provides A guide to living the best life you can and being the best you can. This book is truly A Blessing and once grasped, it changes your entire outlook on life. One of ther best books I've ever read!!
Inspiring Energy
This book is a life changing book. All 4 agreements are helpful to create balance and harmony in all areas of our life. Just in last 2 days of little practice on speaking impeccably made so much difference, I am also practicing not to take things personally by stopping to make assumption and doing my best in all the situation. I have a lot to practice until it becomes my second nature.
Lucas
Humbling book that really helps the constant negativity go right through me. This book has me looking at my actions and reactions..
The biggest thing I took away was Don't take this personally.
Brika
I'm really not one for self-help books, but this is a must read! It's a quick read, and I think it's going to make a big difference in the way I choose to live my life! Love it!
Zhi Han
A short and concise book on self-esteem and personal development. I particularly love the Christianity-themed presentation of the information.
Betty
This book goes against my personal believe system about God and His promises to us. So, I only read the first chapter.....
Mariana

es un libro casi practico, plantea muchos ejercicios para hacer aplicando los cuatro acuerdos toltecas. Lo lei completo, me queda pendiente hacer la practica
Alison Lomas
Very repetitive, but overall exactly what I needed to remind myself of the importance of self love.
Kenia
Un poco repetitivo en palabras pero no disminuye la calidad de el punto al que quiere llegar.
Victoria
book club book
self help book on how to live a great life
based on ancient Toltec ideas.
Jeffrey Mercer
It was okay. I would have probably liked it more if I read the original book first.
Alexia
This is a game changer. I think about it all the time to help with attitude adjustment.
Barbara Ab
The Four Agreements are:
1. Be Impeccable With Your Word.
2. Don't Take Anything Personally.
3. Don't Make Assumptions.
4. Always Do Your Best
I have read that the author has been influenced by Castenada, whose I have read nothing, but certainly there is a lot of PLN training programme and transactional analysis at the basis of his thought.
I have no idea whether the shaman’s theories have been adapted to nowadays world or viceversa.
Nonetheless, this little book (only 44 pages extremely easy to read)
Divya Kn
Great book. I hope these ideas pass on to every individual. It may take some time to follow the agreements, but for sure it is worth doing it.
Millicent Fulk
simple, but great to keep you on tract with living a happier life.
Sarai
Beautiful book that opened my mind. Highly recommend.
Dasha
Simply written, to the point, and lots to learn from it.
  • Beyond Fear: A Toltec Guide to Freedom and Joy: The Teachings of Don Miguel Ruiz
  • Shamanic Journeying
  • Suffering Is Optional: Three Keys to Freedom and Joy
  • The Call: Discovering Why You Are Here
  • The Four-Fold Way: Walking the Paths of the Warrior, Teacher, Healer, and Visionary
  • Medicine Cards: The Discovery of Power Through the Ways of Animals
  • The Journey from Abandonment to Healing: Turn the End of a Relationship into the Beginning of a New Life
  • Banished Knowledge: Facing Childhood Injuries
  • Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval
  • The Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Workbook: Exercises, Questions, and Self-Tests to Help You Keep the Little Things from Taking Over Your Life
  • The Mist-Filled Path: Celtic Wisdom for Exiles, Wanderers, and Seekers
  • Mudras: Yogas in Your Hands
  • The Nature of the Psyche: Its Human Expression
  • Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires
  • In the Shadow of the Shaman: Connecting with Self, Nature, and Spirit
  • The Five Levels of Attachment: Toltec Wisdom for the Modern World
  • The Celtic Shaman: A Handbook (Earth Quest)
  • Conscious Living: Finding Joy in the Real World
The tools shared by don Miguel are based on common sense and shared with such simplicity, that the universal message underlying his teaching is recognized by many. don Miguel's message is simple, practical and when implemented, even incrementally, changes lives.

In the tradition of the Toltec, a Nagual guides an individual to personal freedom. Combining new insights with old wisdom, don Miguel has
More about Miguel Ruiz...
The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship --Toltec Wisdom Book The Voice of Knowledge: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery Wisdom from the Four Agreements

“I declare a war against my Parasite for the freedom to use my own mind and body, for the freedom to become the architect of my own life, to design the life of my dreams, and to create a masterpiece of art.” 0 likes
“When you become impeccable with your word, your mind is no longer fertile ground for words that come from black magic. Instead, it is fertile for the words that come from love.” 0 likes