Start by marking “Íntimo e Perigoso” as Want to Read:
Íntimo e Perigoso

Íntimo e Perigoso

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  7,501 Ratings  ·  379 Reviews
Um violento acidente de aviação... uma perigosa caminhada pela inóspita paisagem de Idaho... uma atracção arrebatadora... e um jogo mortal do gato e do rato.
Bailey é uma mulher bonita e jovem, e acaba de se tornar viúva do multimilionário Winegate. Mas os seus problemas não terminam aqui: os filhos que ele deixou têm praticamente a idade de Bailey e quando descobrem que to
Published July 10th 2009 by Saída de Emergência (first published July 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Íntimo e Perigoso, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Íntimo e Perigoso

Alp
“You look awful.”
He grinned in quick response. “You look pretty bad yourself,” he said with a teasing note in his deep voice. “Like you were in a plane crash and have been living in the wild for five days. The black eye is the crowning touch, though. At least you know for certain I didn’t fall in love with you because of how you look.”

If this book hadn't been written by Linda Howard, it would have turned out to be another survival handbook. But this is Linda Howard. Needless to say, she's a ma
Auntee
May 05, 2008 Auntee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Linda Howard; Fans of survival in the wilderness stories
This book won't be for everyone--even fans of Linda Howard may have a hard time with it, because a lot of it has to do with surviving a plane crash, and there isn't a heck of a lot of romance or suspense. But because I don't mind a plot that hinges on survival in the wilderness, for the most part I'd have to say I enjoyed it. Not that I didn't wish that LH would have included some more of this and less of that...

The heroine, Bailey, is a 32 year-old attractive widow from Seattle with huge walls
Mo
Jan 19, 2017 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have had this book on my kindle for 5 years. Went thorough a bit of a LH phase somme years back and bought quite a lot of her books. Not sure why I never read this one back then.

A bit implausible at times. Not as good as some of the other books I have read by Ms Howard.

This was Mrs MacGyver! Wow, she could do just about anything! LOL.

The hell of of it was, physically, he was an attractive man - not handsome, not a pretty boy at all because his face was too rugged for that, but definitely ...
Jilly
Jun 09, 2016 Jilly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Have you ever heard of MacGyver? It was a show in the '80's, I think, and was about some guy who could take a paperclip, a rubber band, and a straw - and somehow make a bomb. I never saw the show, but I've seen a lot of things making fun of it.

Anyway, this book is more about the ingenuity of a couple who survives a plane crash more than anything else. If you are looking for straight forward romance, this isn't the one. If you are looking for a mystery - uh, no. The main thing you are going to fi
Shawna
4 stars – Romantic Suspense

Although I didn't enjoy this quite as much as the other/older LH books that I've read, it's still an entertaining romantic suspense read. It's kind of like a Plane Crash/Rocky Mountain High version of Survivor. The banter between sexy, arrogant ex-military Texan pilot Cam Justice and his aloof, yet smart and tough widowed client Bailey Wingate as they battle the elements to survive is loads of fun, and they have sexual chemistry so hot that it melts her frosty demeano
DarienMoya
Apr 16, 2010 DarienMoya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-reads
^^NOT THE MOST HAPPY OF WAYS TO GET CLOSE!^^

So I read this book a few years ago, and truthfully I was not overly impressed. The second time around was a lot better if I do say so. I interpreted it a lot differently from the first time and found it amusing and very romantic regardless of the dire circumstances.

Cam Justice is a pilot, not for a big airline, but a small independently own air fleet that takes rich people to their destinations. He loves his job and shares his work with his best frie
Kinga
Dec 25, 2013 Kinga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We had no winter in UK this year. This was probably the first winter in my life with absolutely zero snow. I know the US had quite the opposite of that but we just got loads of rain. I’m Polish – I miss the snow and I miss the cold, so I asked people to recommend me romance novels with lots of snow and cold and people having to share their body heat to survive or some such.

‘Up, Close and Dangerous’ was a perfect choice. The hero needs to crash land a plane with the heroine on board somewhere up
 Chele
One of my favorite tropes. Plane crashes and survival in the wilderness. I just loved this couple! They are both good people who dislike one another until they are forced to spend almost a week relying on each other. I loved watching their romance develop.

As soon as I finished reading this I wanted to start all over. I wanted more of this couple and wished there was an epilogue. If detailed wilderness survival is not your thing you may find yourself skimming through. I loved all the details. Th
Miss Kim
Jun 06, 2008 Miss Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romantic supense
I've never read Howard before, and I was pleasantly surprised. Very good story and it was one of those 'can't put it down' books. It has a surprise ending, and a nice HEA. I recommend for any romance-suspense lovers.
Wendy
I really hadn't heard anything about this book, but when I saw it in the used book store I thought it looked good. I wasn't wrong.

Bailey Wingate is a woman that is taking care of the trust funds of her step children, who are about her same age. she only does this out of loyalty to her deceased husband and former boss. But it is a lot to handle and the "kids" are terrible to deal with. When she decides to take a vacation in Colorado, river rafting, she boards a small plane to take her from Seatt
Nancy Steinle gummel
Up Close and Dangerous by Linda Howard is the pick for our book club and the first book of Lina Howard that I read. Bailey. Wingate is a youngt widow who was left as trustee to her late husbands estate to distribute monthly funds to her step children who are older than she is. The step children are Seth and his sister Tamzen. They hold resentment towards Bailey. After a nasty bout with Seth, she decides to go white water rafting with her brother and his wife. The Wingates have always used the sa ...more
Katherine 黄爱芬
Bailey yang merencanakan akan pergi liburan arung jeram ke tempat adiknya, tidak menyangka akan mengalami hari nahas dimana pesawat carterannya kandas di pegunungan, meninggalkan dirinya dan si pilot Cam Justice yang luka parah. Ternyata akibat pesawat kandas bisa berefek macam-macam. Efek positif pertama, Anda bisa diet instan tanpa harus bayar mahal. Efek kedua, akibat keterbatasan sarana "kemping darurat" mengeluarkan sisi kreativitas tinggi Bailey utk menggunakan segala bahan yang ada tersed ...more
Mojca
Although everyone believes Bailey Wingate is yet another throphy-wife, her marriage to Jim Wingate was merely a business arrangement. Jim needed someone to oversee the trust funds of his two adult, good-for-nothing children and Bailey, as his PA and quite investment savvy, was the perfect choice.
Now Jim's dead and Bailey has to suffer through endless tantrums from her step-children, who hate her guts.

Apparently they hate her enough to kill her, since, while flying to her two-week vacation, her C
Christel
May 22, 2008 Christel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense readers
Shelves: linda-howard
Picked this one up today at the grocery store after reading the back of the book I was interested. Pretty dang good of I say so myself.
Bailey Wingate has scheming step-children who would rather see her dead then alive. Saying she is younger than her stepkids and have the control of their multi-million dollar trust funds she could see why. After putting up with all the poop she can handle form them for the past year, she decided to get away for herself and meet her brother and sister-in-law in Co
Emily
Widower Bailey Wingate is ready for a much needed vacation with the constant verbal abuse from her adult stepchildren is taken to a higher level. When she boards the plane and see Pilot Cam Justice, she knows it is going to be a long journey. although she finds him attractive she knows he thinks she is a trophy wife, which is farther than the truth.

Cam Justice has not been able to break through the icy exterior Bailey casts off, having flown with her a few times she is not his favorite passenger
Glamdring
Jan 12, 2014 Glamdring rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Glamdring by: Blacky *Romance Addict*

I really enjoyed listening to this audio book. I specially enjoyed how the narrator did Cam southern drawl...

I liked Bailey and Cam couple and Linda Howard did an awesome job researching about surviving a crash plan, but I would have loved the book more if there was more romance and suspense and little less surviving stuff.
Cheri
Jan 23, 2017 Cheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very slow going but the end truly surprised me
Zeek
I have seen some of the less than stellar reviews floating around out there for Up Close and Dangerous, and knowing I've been mostly underwhelmed by LH's work here of late, I wasn't expecting much. Still I had hope that maybe, just maybe, she might one day get back to the magic of yesteryear. Once I finally got time to read it, I was pleasantly surprised.

I wasn't really disappointed with this one.

Oh I'm not saying it's all there- all the joyful fangirl glee I used to feel with her work- but ther
Cata
Jun 07, 2013 Cata rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Íntimo e Perigoso foi mais uma estreia para mim! Li-o porque era o livro seleccionado para o BookClub RSunshine!

Infelizmente não consegui encontrar o livro na biblioteca, nem tive possibilidades de comprar o livro, pelo que arranjei um daqueles e-books manhosos em PT-BR [o que foi óptimo, considerando que era ler em e-book ou não ler de todo]. O problema desses e-books são mesmo as traduções que são de meter medo ao susto. Há de tudo: verbos mal conjugados, palavras mal escritas, trocas absurdas
Pamela(AllHoney)
May 05, 2008 Pamela(AllHoney) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense fans
For the mystery/suspense part I'd give it 5 stars but there were times I felt I was reading a survival guide and well, got a little bored. But all in all it wasn't bad and I'd recommend it to those who enjoy romantic suspense.
Samantha
This was basically a how to survive a plane crash guide. Each chapter focuses on a new task that was completed to survive the plane crash. The bad guy didn't really make sense to me. The logic was there but it was stupid. I don't recommend this book. Very little romance and too many instructions.
Ana
Gostei muito desta primeira abordagem à escrita de Linda Howard. Um livro que e lê rapidamente tal é o ritmo da acção, com uma dose certa de romance e mistério.
Thenia
A survival story kick started by a mystery and wrapped up in romance.

Bailey is flying to her vacation via a small private plane that Captain Cam Justice is piloting, when suddenly it malfunctions and goes down.

Cam's expert piloting skills manage to make the landing a non fatal one, but they're both injured and stranded on an inhospitable mountain with freezing temperatures.

Doing her best to make sure his efforts to keep them alive have not been in vain, Bailey uses everything in her disposal to
Kathleen
3.5 stars. Cam's small charter plane crashes in the remote snow-covered mountains somewhere around Hell's Canyon, Idaho. He is concussed. His passenger, the wealthy widow Bailey Wingate, keeps him alive till he's ready to hike out. In the worst conditions, Cam falls in love with Bailey, realizing she's not the cold stuck-up B he always thought.

A book about surviving the cold, similar to Ice -- minus the meth-heads. There are some smexy scenes, some sweet scenes, and a little suspense, with a tw
MostlyDelores
Umpteenth re-read. Alternate title: "What to pack to survive a plane crash".

Oh my god, Julio would hate this book so much. He'd have some kind of highfalutin complaint about pacing, or about why a romantic suspense novel should not go into the excruciating detail of un-picking the stitches in the leather seats so they could use the material to build a shelter, or point out that a man half-dead from concussion and blood loss wouldn't get a stiffy.

*waves dismissively*

Nevertheless.

This book taps
LaFleurBleue
I have never watched any survival series on Discovery channel, nor any reality TV survival show and cannot compare but I definitely thought a lot of the 80s MacGyver series while reading it. Wow the inventiveness and creativity both of the characters, and especially Bailey, showed in recycling was impressive.
However, all that was not linked to their survival and tramping in the snowy mountains after the plane crash was unfortunately not up to par in my opinion. The characters' history was only h
Sandra
Aug 16, 2012 Sandra rated it liked it
Lê-se num instante, tal é a voracidade que surge em nós.

Este livro está muito bem escrito. A fluidez da descrição de acontecimentos e o seu realismo fez com que eu nem desse conta do virar de páginas. Tal e qual um bom filme de ação.

Gostei bastante do casalinho principal, mas achei alguns aspetos pouco trabalhados. Isto adicionado a alguns erros de escrita/ tipografia fazem com que o real prazer com que fiquei seja um pouquito diminuído.

Mesmo assim gostei imenso das primeiras cento e tal páginas
Lindsay
Dec 19, 2011 Lindsay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
I really enjoyed this book. It's not up there with my favorites by Linda Howard, but it was really good and engaging.

In other reviews people complained about the lack of romance in the book, but I thought it had the appropriate amount for the circumstances the characters found themselves in.

My only disappointment was who the bad guy turned out to be. I actually liked the character until he was revealed as the bad guy.

Time will tell if this becomes a favorite, but I would be willing to read it
Christine
May 30, 2010 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well done! Linda Howard has taken a simple, classic premise and spun it into an exciting and romantic story with twists and turns enough for any lover of suspense.

Bailey and Cam don't like each other much, but when their small plane crashes on a frozen mountainside, they will turn to one another in order to survive. To make matters worse, it turns out that the crash was no accident.

This is one of Linda Howard's best.
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. small plane crashes in rockies. sabotage /s 6 26 Apr 27, 2014 04:45AM
  • Beachcomber
  • Innocent as Sin (St. Kilda Consulting, #3)
  • Nightfall
  • Into the Fire (Troubleshooters, #13)
  • Undertow (Cutter Cay #1)
  • Over the Line (The Bodyguards, #4)
  • The Survivors
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • Promises in the Dark (Shadow Force, #2)
  • Fire and Ice (Buchanan-Renard, #7)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #6; Goddard Project, #1)
  • Woman On The Run

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...

“What are you doing?” she cried in protest.

“Playing,” he said, the single word rough, almost guttural.”
8 likes
“The old ladies were dressing up, she thought; the clouds draped around the mountains' shoulders like a dirty boa, with the snowcaps jutting above and the broad green bases below.” 1 likes