Start by marking “Toward the Sunrise (Daughters of Fortune, #3)” as Want to Read:
Toward the Sunrise (Daughters of Fortune, #3)

Toward the Sunrise (Daughters of Fortune #3)

Book 3 of Daughter's of Fortune. In the summer of 1942, on three different continents, the daughters of newspaper tycoon Keagan Hayes are caught in chaos within and without. Though all have come to a personal faith, they are thrown into physical and emotional trauma that severely tests that faith. In Los Angeles, Jackie's Japanese-American husband is sent to an internment ...more
Published November 1st 2003 by Bethany House Publishers (first published September 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Toward the Sunrise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toward the Sunrise

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversAs Sure as the Dawn by Francine RiversThe Silent Governess by Julie Klassen
Best Christian Historical Fiction
220th out of 1,007 books — 1,171 voters
Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversHigh Desert Haven by Lynnette BonnerA Lasting Impression by Tamera AlexanderAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine Rivers
75th out of 185 books — 64 voters

More lists with this book...

Jun 07, 2016 Leah rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2013 Tracie rated it it was ok
I liked the characters. But something about the description or writing style didn't quite click with me. I was also disappointed to get to the end and find that it was book 3 of a four book series, which means it didn't really have an ending. She did a pretty good job of tying the three parts of the story together, though.
Rachel Thomson
Dec 30, 2009 Rachel Thomson rated it it was amazing
This was my favourite of the Daughters of Fortune Series. It covers aspects of the World War II era that I don't often see, from life in an American internment camp for the Japanese to guerrilla warfare in the Philippine jungle. The series starts slow, but it reaches new heights in this book.
Apr 06, 2010 Kerestel rated it really liked it
Very Interesting. Liked it a lot! I appreciated the war plot, romance, and the experience of one of the characters going into the P.O.W. camp. I also enjoyed the individual experiences in Russia and the Japanese internment camp in California.
Mar 18, 2008 Kara rated it it was amazing
Very good series. I got the first book in this series for Christmas. It is set during WWII and I really like books set during that time. The books in this series are what made me want to read the Russian series by this same author.
Feb 27, 2011 MaryHelen rated it really liked it
This third book in the "Daughters of Fortune" series by Judith Pella was very, very good. It began to knit the three separate stories together and made me anxious to get to the fourth and final book.
Karin Breidenthal
Oct 07, 2012 Karin Breidenthal rated it really liked it
Great series about 3 sisters who experience the effects of World War II on three different continents. Will definitely keep your attention
Jul 14, 2008 Amanda rated it it was amazing
this is the third in this series about 3 sisters during the second world war. its a really great series so far! one more book to go.
Nov 04, 2012 Dana rated it really liked it
I read this over 15 years ago. Judith Pella was one of my top 3 authors of the time. Christian historical fiction - a wonderful genre!
Mar 26, 2010 Rachelle rated it it was amazing
great third book as the story continues. will Cameron and Alex EVER get together?!
May 25, 2009 Jill rated it really liked it
The best of the first three, this one had the most action so far...
Dec 06, 2008 Jencey/ rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! I could not put it down!
Jul 08, 2013 Jemimah rated it really liked it
Better than some of her others =D
Apr 03, 2008 Brooke rated it it was amazing
See review for book one.
Jennifer Gelert
Jennifer Gelert rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2016
Alisa marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2016
Gemma Nguyen
Gemma Nguyen marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2016
Karen marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2016
Ophelia rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Diane rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Angie Cain
Angie Cain marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Connie marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Sharyn Jackson
Sharyn Jackson marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Sam rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Doris Kucensku
Doris Kucensku marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Anita Gilreath
Anita Gilreath rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Lindsey rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2016
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
  • Travail and Triumph (The Russians, #3)
  • Nadia (Heirs of Anton, #2)
  • Lions of the Desert (Egypt Trilogy #2)
  • Another Homecoming
  • A Veiled Reflection (Westward Chronicles, #3)
  • Catherine's Heart (Tales of London #2)
Judith Pella is a bestselling, award-winning author whose writing career spans two decades. Her in-depth historical and geographical research combines with her skillful storytelling to provide readers with dramatic, thought-provoking novels. She and her husband make their home in Scapoose, Oregon.
More about Judith Pella...

Daughters of Fortune (4 books)
  • Written on the Wind (Daughters of Fortune, #1)
  • Somewhere a Song (Daughters of Fortune, #2)
  • Homeward My Heart (Daughters of Fortune, #4)