Start by marking “O Caderno Secreto de Leonardo - Volume 2: O Deserto Iniciático” as Want to Read:
O Caderno Secreto de Leonardo - Volume 2: O Deserto Iniciático

O Caderno Secreto de Leonardo - Volume 2: O Deserto Iniciático

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Imagine todas as máquinas de guerra que Leonardo desenhou no papel a ganharem vida e a travarem uma batalha que poderá mudar a História tal como a conhecemos...

O que aconteceria se Leonardo da Vinci tivesse a oportunidade de dar uso às suas fabulosas máquinas e invenções... bombas, submarinos, tanques e aparelhos voadores. Imagine Leonardo e o jovem Niccolò Machiavelli a v
Published 2009 by Saída de Emergência (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about O Caderno Secreto de Leonardo - Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O Caderno Secreto de Leonardo - Volume 2

Trak
The Memory Cathedral is a fictional account of the missing year in Leonardo da Vinci's life.

The novel is richly detailed, brilliantly researched and wholly believable. Yet it falls flat on several levels for me. It takes an exceedingly long time to come to the missing year. A great deal of political intrigue and relationships are explored. They are interesting but the characters all blended into one.

I hated Machiavelli as he was a little know it all twerp, da Vinci was a broken hearted jilted
Carmen
I found this book to be much too pulp-fiction-ish...too much drama and attention given to name dropping and setting the scene with not enough character building.
Ramón Cornejo-Muñoz
Entretenido relato ficticio en donde Leonardo da Vinci convive con Maquiavelo, Rafael, Sandro Boticelli y Simonetta, quienes viven una apasionante drama junto a la familia Medici. Finalmente, se muestra, en base a diversas teorías, cuáles fueron las andanzas de Leonardo durante sus años perdidos en que sólo la suposición hace que los historiadores puedan entender que ocurrió con uno de los hombres más famosos y a la vez eclécticos de la historia.

Es un libro recomendable para quien le interese el
Natàilia
I became interested in this book, mainly because I'm a big fan of the life and work of Leonardo Da Vinci, so I didn't need many doubts and bought the book, almost ate it and have no regrets, because I think that I really liked, knowing the young Leonardo, a young man almost unknown to many, because their are few self-portraits of his old age and not from his youth (unless note Verrocchio's David, whose features are based on Leonardo).

I think the customs of Florence in the Renaissance period, ap
Betita
TOMO I
Este sim é um verdadeiro Romance Histórico!!!
Já tive oportunidade de ler outros livros onde me cruzava com os ilustres personagen de Florença na altura de Leonardo Da Vinci, mas nunca em tão grande número.
É-nos apresentado um vasto desfile de personagens Históricas, desde os famosos Médicis aos seus etenos inimigos Pazzi e também um grande numero de Pintores, Escultores e não só, que marcaram todo o mundo com a sua Arte.
Leonardo Da Vinci é-nos apresentado como um aprendiz que em vez de se
Evie Maiolo
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Based on historical facts about Leonardo da Vinci, the author creates an imaginative story to fill in the gap of 4 years that are missing in Leonardo's historical records.

Using letters written by da Vinci, which suggest he spent these years in the Middle East, Jack Dann weaves an amazing tale of invention, flying machines, war, suspense, and escape. The historic figures in this novel - Leonardo, Botticelli, The Medici family, the Turks - are aptly woven into the
Mariam Blanc
Very interesting, easy to read
Marvin
A historical novel that speculates about possible events in a missing year in the life of Leonardo da Vinci. The author speculates that Leonardo built a successful flying machine & used it & other engineering creations in war. It's a violent, earthy, even raunchy book.
Daina Valeine
Tīri subjektīvi nepatika... līdz galam neizlasīju.
Chris
Jan 03, 2009 Chris rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chris by: my art history teacher, Sharon.
still reading - I really love the portrayal of the memory cathedral, a place you create and store your memories. Wow, Leonardo was apparently very 2000ish. Brain research shows such things do work.
Jess Cullinan
The first half of the book was very engaging, but the rest of it is one gratuitously bloody battle after another. Bleah.
Elizabeth
Well researched and interesting. The author found a good angle and does a good job weaving a tale around it.
SteveR
Fact-basaed fiction ... written and read long before The DaVinci Code.
Wolfmanbob Bernstein
Very well written and imaginative historical fiction.
Francisco
No se porque lo lei. No se si es fantasia, historia o que.
Salina
This book was a little slow, I did not love it. However, it taught me things about da Vinci that I did not previously know. I like that part of it. it took me 16 months to read this, therefor showing my lack of interest. Perhaps I need to re read it and a little quicker this time. Maybe I will like it more.
Rubí
Rubí is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2015
Figgy
Figgy marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Carol Mclamb
Carol Mclamb marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Leander
Leander marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
  • The Innamorati
  • El taller de los libros prohibidos
  • The Stars Dispose
  • The Plains of Passage, Part 1 of 2 (Earth's Children, #4)
  • Balshazzar's Serpent (Three Kings, #1)
  • Cosm
  • I, Michelangelo, Sculptor
  • The Miracles of Prato: A Novel
  • The Patron Saint of Plagues
  • The Martian General's Daughter
  • The Crippled Angel (The Crucible, #3)
  • The Complete Pompeii
  • A Filha do Papa (Vaticano, #4)
  • The Gandalara Cycle II
  • Venus of Dreams
  • Starborne
  • Digging for the Truth: One Man's Epic Adventure Exploring the World's Greatest Archaeological Mysteries
  • Time Machines Repaired While-U-Wait
The Dragon Book: Magical Tales from the Masters of Modern Fantasy Wizards: Magical Tales From the Masters of Modern Fantasy Ghosts by Gaslight: Stories of Steampunk and Supernatural Suspense Legends of Australian Fantasy Unicorns!