Start by marking “La Gerencia De Empresas” as Want to Read:
La Gerencia De Empresas

Peter F. Drucker

La Gerencia De Empresas

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  1,225 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
The first book to depict management as a distinct function and to recognize managing as a separate responsibility, this classic work by Peter Drucker is the fundamental and basic book for understanding these ideas.

Author Biography: Peter F. Drucker was born in 1909 in Vienna and was educated there and in England. He received his doctorate in public and international law wh

Published January 6th 1998 by Sudamericana (first published 1954)

Tomasz
Aug 07, 2012 Tomasz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was written 60 years ago and it feels like most of the Drucker's thoughts are still of the moment. Whats more, in many modern books about management you can notice that authors "discover america" again. For some insights it took decades until they were proved empirically and described wider therefore more commonly used. An example here can be "focusing on strengths and managing weaknesses" which is the key point in "First, break all the rules" book that is based on Gallup research of t ...more
grebrim
Feb 06, 2010 grebrim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So everything people write about manangement was already known 50 years ago. That speaks both for Drucker and against decades of research on the matter. Read this if you're doing something that has remotely to do with management.
Richard
Nov 14, 2015 Richard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most books on management are dull, repetitive, unoriginal, and full of self-promotion. Drucker's book is the original. This is the book to read if you want to learn about management, how it impacts people, how to do it better, and how it can go disastrously wrong.
DaveH
Jan 16, 2016 DaveH rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best book about Business Management ever written. A must read for anyone who aspires to be a player in the business world. Should be required reading for all freshman entering college who major/minor in business...
Nicole
May 12, 2011 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
While the specific examples are sometimes quaintly outdated, the general themes are still relevant.

And what would Drucker, supporter of writing and oration college courses, say about business school requirements today?
Arun Ramamurthy
Jul 12, 2008 Arun Ramamurthy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One book that has been what you call as Original. A classic work, to be read by every management student, staff and almost any one in the corporate world. It is interesting that really nothing new has been added to management theory - is what I felt onreading this book first published in 1954.
Heather
Apr 07, 2014 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
As IF I actually read this. Last week of grad school classes. :throws hands up: I skimmed enough to write my paper. #senioritis
Susie
Jan 27, 2014 Susie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, yes, Drucker is brilliant and a management classic, but this book was drier than a sawdust sandwich and made me want to clean out my refrigerator in procrastination.
Hongsno2522
Jan 31, 2008 Hongsno2522 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
It's really a great book.
Elliard Shimaala
A caption on one of the monthly magazines I subscribe to reads as follows, “tons of useful stuff” and the same can be said about this book. I have read a considerable number of books on management but none have put the subject in a clear perspective as one.

In the only you’d expect him to, Peter F. Drucker brings to life what management is and how it should be practiced. This book has made me realize that management and managing are not exactly the same thing. It has also taught me the role of m
Khalid Sulami
Here're my take-aways: Take-Aways

- The rise of management as an organizational discipline arguably is the most important business development of the 20th century.
- Large, complex organizations ultimately will fail without professional management.
- Management principles went into creating post-World War II’s Marshall Plan.
- Professional managers aid in planning and developing their firms’ basic missions.
- They set objectives for employees, organize processes, communicate important information, tr
Vivian
Well, I read this book because it is one of my class assignment. As my professor said "Wrote by Father of Management, this book change the Management concept at the current time", yes it did, but that's 60 years ago. Honestly I don't find it interesting as a leisure book nor informative as a text book.
Casey Cobb
Aug 30, 2016 Casey Cobb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
This book is packed densely with business and life wisdom. I read it many years ago, but a decade (and several companies) later, I appreciated it so much more this time around. Drucker was such a prescient thinker. Anyone who is going places should read this book; it will expedite your journey.
Robert Snow
May 13, 2013 Robert Snow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had a Professor in College and preached Drucker to us. He would say if you want to know how run and understand a business read Drucker. He is Brilliant and years from now he will be the known as the Father of Management.
Cheryl Petersen
Oct 18, 2016 Cheryl Petersen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I read this book for class at the Drucker School Of Management and its importance can not be underemphasized. This book is the foundation of the good practice of management. Anyone at any time in their career should read - it is well organized and clear and full of useful concepts!
Kusnady dharmawan
Learn alot from it..
Mike
Aug 16, 2013 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book. Lots of great insight, but it can be repetitive and scattered. More thorough than "Effective Executive", but also not as concise or clear. I am a clear Drucker fan.
Jeremiah
Jul 14, 2014 Jeremiah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A classic. The purpose of a business is to create a customer.
Solomon Walker
Feb 15, 2013 Solomon Walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
an awesome book! Have listened to, and read it for more than twnety years. Contains principles and ideas that are as fresh as a moment ago.
Michael Kraft
Sep 10, 2013 Michael Kraft rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still the best management textbook, despite now-dated examples.
Mario
Jan 04, 2015 Mario rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Drucker is the most influential thinker in management, in this book You are not only going to find good management insights but mostly you Are going to find best insights for bussiness
ömer Akgül
to devalope induvidual skills
I have to improve mine about business mamagement
Eben Tonder
May 27, 2009 Eben Tonder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ive learned as much about management as i did about life!!!! read only one book on the subject - this is it!!!!!
Alice_chen316
fantastic
Preston Malone
Jun 19, 2013 Preston Malone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business-history
This is a special book. It was the Bible and the bedrock for practically every MBA program that sprung up at practically every college in the post WWII years.
Chaijp
Jun 27, 2015 Chaijp marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
good book for my job
Liz Skelton
I don't like his writing style but found his theories still pretty relevant today.
Dwight Walker
Basic management book for Management By Objectives style.
Kenneth Stem
Jun 23, 2016 Kenneth Stem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent view of what management should be. Even more relevant for today even though written more than 50 years ago.
David
Apr 04, 2008 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a book on cassette tape fom the Columbus Library

ISBN 1559942789
major changes shaking an organisation's dynamic business environment 1 3 Sep 26, 2013 02:21AM
Drucker Lives On! 1 9 Oct 13, 2008 03:47PM
  • The 1% Windfall: How Successful Companies Use Price to Profit and Grow
  • Intellectual Capital: The new wealth of organization
  • The Deming Management Method
12008
Peter Ferdinand Drucker was a writer, management consultant and university professor. His writing focused on management-related literature. Peter Drucker made famous the term knowledge worker and is thought to have unknowingly ushered in the knowledge economy, which effectively challenges Karl Marx's world-view of the political economy. George Orwell credits Peter Drucker as one of the only writer ...more
More about Peter F. Drucker...

“True, the number of functional managers should always be kept at a minimum, and there should be the largest possible number of ‘general’ managers who manage an integrated business and are directly responsible for its performance and results. Even with the utmost application of this principle the great bulk of managers will remain in functional jobs, however. This is particularly true of the younger people. A” 0 likes
“Planning and doing are separate parts of the same job; they are not separate jobs. There is no work that can be performed effectively unless it contains elements of both. One” 0 likes