Start by marking “Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf” as Want to Read:
Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf

Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Relates the adventures of three little pigs who leave home to seek their fortunes and how they deal with the big bad wolf.
Hardcover, 1 page
Published March 1st 1992 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf

Gladys
Just looking at the cover, I recognized his book from when I was a kid. I have read this one before. I’m not sure when it was but I think it was one of those audio books that I can across when I was little. The pictures of this book are very “childish” looking, colored in with crayons, scribbles here and there. (Maybe a book that you can read to a little kid.) But nevertheless, they make it captivating enough for a kid to follow along with it. It’s playful enough with the giant letters, the anim ...more
Roslyn Ross
-Totally classic story, nothing new, but with that long ending where the pig wins by trickery rather than by building a strong sturdy house
-No connection made about survival or hard work
-Nothing of value to teach
Jackie
In this version of the three little pigs, the third pig goes above and beyond when outsmarting the wolf. He's always one step ahead of the wolf and in the end, it is not the pig who gets eaten, but the wolf (who knew?).
Sara K.
Delightful research for my archival research project. Always fun to read first editions and see the typed manuscripts and original art.
Emily Hamstra
This folktale orginated in England. It's a story about three little pigs who each build a home and the big, bad wolf tries to get them. This book is much more graphic and different from the version I remember being told. The wolf eats the first two pigs and at the end, the last pig ends up eating the wolf. Some parents may want to check out which folktale version they are getting before they purchase it for their child, as some may not agree with it.
Connie
This is the classic Three Little Pigs story to a T.

The author doesn't skirt around the original story. Nope, in this version (just as in the original), the wolf eats the first two pigs. Well, why not? That's what wolves *do*. People eat pigs as well! And the pig ends up eating the wolf at the end. Well, why not? Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, and I gotta watch that big bad wolf die.

My nieces love this book. I do too :)
Angela
Aug 26, 2008 Angela rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: To the deaf. It is great for acting out.
Recommended to Angela by: My Aunt bought it for me for a Christmas present. It lay on the
This is a story I have memorized. I have read it too my sister since she was 1 and played out the parts as she grew older. My mother saw this as a great story and I showed lots of skills reading it. So She put me in a 4-H reading class. I did great but lost because I was practicing too good of posture.
babyhippoface
This version has a few extra details I'd never come across before in this old story: the wolf inviting the third pig to go to the fair and turnip-picking, all in an attempt to get him out of his brick house.
Ashley Allen
I would use this in my classroom to compare different stories of the Three Little Pigs. I would have the students compare and contrast the differences and similarites.
Kimberly Clarke
I learned it was the same thing happen in The Three Little Wolves and The Big Bad Pig
Courtney Sharp
This book is pretty good not the best but prtty good...
Diane Torres
Diane Torres marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Faly Perales
Faly Perales marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Matthew Harder
Matthew Harder marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Andrea Landry
Andrea Landry marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
LaDonna
LaDonna is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Véronique Vézina
Véronique Vézina marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Hykeim
Hykeim added it
Nov 24, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Lili
Lili marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Kesha Jean
Kesha Jean marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Maryfelix Hernandez
Maryfelix Hernandez marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Blind Colt Stolen Pony I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly Blind Outlaw Once We Had A Horse