Start by marking “Leyla's Locket (Sera Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Leyla's Locket (Sera Chronicles, #1)

Leyla's Locket (Sera Chronicles #1)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  28 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Seraphinus (Sera) Ulric dreads the latest in a series of moves forced on her by her father's company. Their next stop is San Kristinese, a small town in the desert area of West Texas. Underneath the sleepy exterior lurks a hidden world where magic is real and things are not always what they seem.

When Sera's family moves in next to Cressida Hammund, events are set in motio
Published June 30th 2009 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Leyla's Locket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leyla's Locket

The Bridge To Caracas by Stephen DouglassShadow Hills by Anastasia HopcusThe Secret Magdalene by Ki LongfellowKerri's War by Stephen DouglassThe Tainted Trust by Stephen Douglass
Lesser Known Authors
289th out of 3,570 books — 4,227 voters
From Suits to Sweats by Paige JacksonEtsy Empire by Eric MichaelAlmost Free Gold by Eric MichaelFrom Suits To Sweats by Paige JacksonAlmost Free Money by Eric Michael
Best Home Business Books
8th out of 70 books — 75 voters

More lists with this book...

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate)
Sep 09, 2009 PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERY FREAKIN' ONE!
Recommended to PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) by: Paige Jackson
OMG! IF YOU HA VE NOT READ THIS BOOK YOU MUST!!! Just do it. i know times are hard but it won't be much. go beg your parents to get you the book and read it!!! You will not regret it! I promise! It is an amazing combination of magic, old history, legends, and all kinds of amazing new ideas!!!
Mark
Aug 20, 2009 Mark rated it liked it
Recommends it for: everyone that enjoys fantasy
Shelves: frist-reads
Fantasy combination of a modern day Harry Potter and Star Wars. Good magic vs evil magic with a Dark Lord in Texas. "Two thumbs up" Can not wait to read all three.
Cathy
Aug 22, 2009 Cathy rated it really liked it
Leyla's Locket started out slowly, but gained momentum in the middle. I wasn't drawn in by the choppy, mysterious beginning and had a hard time getting past the colorful writing to the characters and teen novel hidden within. Despite the beginning, by halfway through I was hooked.

As the book continued, I loved that the nature of each character was slowly revealed and that as the book went on, each character grew more complex and more intriguing. The characters drew me in and the plot kept me fr
Timothy Dean
Jul 20, 2010 Timothy Dean rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: preteen, teen and young adult women - and those who love them!
When I was a boy, magic was real. Yes, I lived in the physical world - but just underneath the surface of everyday life lay another realm. This other reality was always peeking through; a glimpse of an alien face in a mirror, a tunnel through tall grass that would lead to another world: and - oh yes - the terror of darkness and the evil things that lurked in it! (In any magic story worth its salt, there must be a dark side).

In "Leyla's Locket," Paige Jackson has done a remarkable job of making t
Miss Reviewer
Mar 13, 2011 Miss Reviewer rated it it was amazing
I received a review ebook copy a while back and gave Leyla's Locket a try. Judging from the horrendous cover, I probably wouldn't have bought it myself. The reason I'm saying horrendous is that it's rather muddy and doesn't quite give any hint plot wise.

The plot:

Sera is a little girl who moves with her parents to Texas, but things aren't quite as they seem. There's magic everywhere, both the good and bad kind. With the help of an ancient necklace, it is now Sera's duty to save magic and the real
Gina
Jun 16, 2010 Gina rated it really liked it
Leyla's Locket by Paige Jackson
I really liked this book and can't wait for the 2nd book - Leyla's Legend to come out. This is more of a "tween" book than teens and maybe that's part of why the story grabbed me from the beginning. I think all of us wished for magic powers when we were not quite teens.

Fun, quick read, and yes, young.
travelmel
Jul 15, 2009 travelmel marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: tweens, teens, people who like adventure
I'm excited to read this! The author is on goodreads and seems very nice... the book sounds like a lot of fun.
Ally
Ally marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Jo-Jo
Jo-Jo marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Joanne
Joanne added it
Jan 20, 2016
Sally Witt
Sally Witt marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Theo
Theo marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Parsa Haji Yousefi
Parsa Haji Yousefi marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Cetro Rostov
Cetro Rostov marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Stanley Faris
Stanley Faris marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
pp tt2
pp tt2 marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Karen K. Miller
Karen K. Miller marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Jared
Jared marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
It's Officially Released - Join me in celebrating! 1 16 Jul 07, 2009 08:24AM
  • Just Plain Weird
  • My Lord Raven (The Ravensmoor Saga #1)
  • Knight of Glory (Kingdom of Arnhem, #2)
  • The Time Cavern
  • Constellation Chronicles: The Lost Civilization of Aries
  • You Can Be Right or You Can Be Married: Love-Based Solutions for Couples
  • Kissing Frogs in Cyberspace
  • Eclipsed By Shadow (The Legend of the Great Horse, #1)
  • A Child's Wound
  • Secret Speakers and the Search for Selador's Gate
  • The Last Waltz
  • Second Chances
  • Vampire Close
  • Wretched: (This Is My Sorry)
  • Sing the Light (Singers of Nevya, #1)
  • Sporadic Memories
  • Unlocked: Ten Key Tales
  • The Last Apprentice
Paige has been a rabid reader for as long as she can remember. She didn't acquire her two new loves - writing and business - until much later in life. Paige always dreamed of writing Young Adult Fantasy novels (for ages 9 and up).

However it took becoming a victim of corporate downsizing to give her the nudge she needed to go out on her own. Paige took that negative event and turned it into one of
More about Paige Jackson...