Start by marking “Buzzy the Bumblebee” as Want to Read:
Buzzy the Bumblebee

Buzzy the Bumblebee

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

Sitting in a beautiful garden, high atop a flower, the impressionable Buzzy reads in the book, Learn to Fly, the very true fact that, " Bumblebees weren`t made to fly. " He reads again, " Bumblebees weren`t made to fly. " Stranded on top of a flower/ Buzzy longed to fly away. His heart still knew how/ But his head had forgotten the way. The adventure that ensues challenges

Published September 1st 2003 by Sleeping Bear Press (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Buzzy the Bumblebee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buzzy the Bumblebee

Audra
I absolutely LOVE this book! It's the story of a bumblebee who doesn't believe he can fly anymore because he reads that bumblebees weren't meant to fly. I can't tell you the rest of the plot because it would spoil it; however, I can say there are many good themes that run through the book: Buzzy is a reader and that sets a good literacy example for young children, it's okay to be scared when one does something for the first time, needing one's family when they feel alone is okay, all problems ha ...more
Katie Casey
Jun 11, 2014 Katie Casey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-kids
Buzzy the Bumblebee reads a book that says bumblebees weren't made to fly, and then he begins to doubt himself and forget how to do the thing he was made to do. His wise parents teach him that we shouldn't listen to what others say about us, and of course, he learns to fly again!
K.C.
Apr 05, 2016 K.C. rated it it was amazing
C
Carol Royce Owen
Mar 30, 2012 Carol Royce Owen rated it liked it
The message of this book was wonderful (to trust in yourself, and not listen to doubt or what others say that makes you stop believing in yourself). That said, I had trouble finding a rhythm to this book written in rhyme. Otherwise, good.
Brandi Shockley
Dec 10, 2012 Brandi Shockley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
This bee finds out that bees were not meant to fly. He becomes discouraged and stops doing bumblebee activities. He then realizes that it does not matter what people tell you. If you have a dream continue on with it.
Beth
Sep 10, 2013 Beth rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It's one of my favorites by Denise Beennan-Nelson (although all her books are great!). And I just love the illustrations. This is a great book to use in teaching children to believe in themselves!
Adelina
Sep 30, 2008 Adelina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
What a cute book. It flowed so nicely and easily kept my daughters attention. The bright colors also made it a joy to look at. Plus on top a good message in believing in ourselves
Laci
Apr 02, 2013 Laci rated it it was amazing
This book talked about very problem has a solution, don't put labels on yourself, the only reason you can't is because your doubting yourself. Great themes!
Mar 18, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
A wonderful story about believing in yourself and not allowing what others say about you affect what you can accomplish in life.
Teresa
Oct 07, 2008 Teresa rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It is all about believing in yourself and helps teach kids about the power of positive thinking.
Kati
Oct 13, 2008 Kati rated it it was amazing
Great story reminding us why we shouldn't always believe what we see/hear and that we should believe in ourselves.
Melissa
May 23, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Quiet Sunday night, stuck at the back desk kind of read.
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Logan
Logan rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Kate
Kate added it
Dec 06, 2015
Jourdan Summers
Jourdan Summers rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
Amber tackles
Amber tackles marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
Deepa
Deepa added it
Oct 16, 2015
Stephanie Kopec
Stephanie Kopec rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Rivka Abramowitz
Rivka Abramowitz rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Wojciech Mocek
Wojciech Mocek rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2015
Aiyah
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Tricia Supon
Tricia Supon rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Kendra Perry
Kendra Perry marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015