Start by marking “The Hot Flash Club Strikes Again” as Want to Read:
The Hot Flash Club Strikes Again

The Hot Flash Club Strikes Again (Hot Flash Club #2)

3.86  ·  Rating Details ·  1,395 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
The fabulous women from The Hot Flash Club are back in top form, welcoming the stressed-out and pampering-deprived through their discreet spa doors–as Nancy Thayer returns with a witty, sexy, and heartwarming novel. The Hot Flash Club Strikes Again also introduces four new women, ready for massages and seaweed wraps, each struggling to reconcile her secret dreams, biggest ...more
Published September 27th 2005 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Hot Flash Club Strikes Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hot Flash Club Strikes Again

Ness
Apr 04, 2013 Ness rated it really liked it
I read the first book, but apparently it was too long ago, because I had a hard time keeping track of who the club members were. All the new characters were great, and this book focused far more on them then the club members. The story was well written though, enough to draw and keep my attention. She does a nice job wrapping the story up happily without making it too perfect and sappy. This happy ending lover was content.
Wilma
Dec 05, 2016 Wilma rated it it was ok
I was between books that I really wanted to read. I picked this one up at the library here at the lake and liked the title. I didn't notice it was the second in a series. I probably won't look for the first or try to find the next. I wouldn't recommend wasting your time on this one.
Barbara Loggia
Oct 10, 2016 Barbara Loggia rated it liked it
The original four ladies continue their personal stories but now, thru their spa, they meet and match up four new women who join together in another friendship filled with relationships, romance, family disputes and help from one another.
Chris
THIS SUMMARY/REVIEW WAS COPIED FROM OTHER SOURCES AND IS USED ONLY AS A REMINDER OF WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT FOR MY PERSONAL INTEREST. ANY PERSONAL NOTATIONS ARE FOR MY RECOLLECTION ONLY

Likes the first one better :-)

Monkeyface
May 10, 2014 Monkeyface rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened to The Hot Flash Club Strikes Again (Hot Flash Club #2)by Nancy Thayer. The fabulous women from The Hot Flash Club are back in top form, welcoming the stressed-out and pampering-deprived through their discreet spa doors–as Nancy Thayer returns with a witty, sexy, and heartwarming novel. The Hot Flash Club Strikes Again also introduces four new women, ready for massages and seaweed wraps, each struggling to reconcile her secret dreams, biggest fears, and deepest feelings as topsy-turvy e ...more
Victoria Murata
Sep 06, 2015 Victoria Murata rated it really liked it
I was prepared to not like this book. It looked and sounded "frilly", but my friend recommended it and said it's a good light read. I had just read a couple of heavy books so I dove in.
More de-LIGHT-ful than light, I enjoyed it very much. Thayer is a good writer, and I intend to read more from her. This book was written ten years ago and there are references that date it--for example, when all the women pull out their calendars to write something down. But for the most part it's current and fun.
Louise
Apr 04, 2009 Louise rated it really liked it
Shelves: women-s-fiction
This second novel was even better than the first! I'm definitely keeping this in my 'permanent collection' right alongside the first Hot Flash Club!!

From back cover:

When Polly, Beth, Carolyn, and Julia meet in a hot tub at the spa, they find a common thread of experience: toxic relatives. What's there to be done about undermining, meddling, scheming in-laws? These amazing women decide to fight fire with fire, and vow to help one another resolve their individual problems - no matter how much secr
Cynthia
Aug 21, 2016 Cynthia rated it really liked it
I have determined that I truly like this author for her 'on the money' depiction of friendships among women of a "certain age". This was my second meeting of the women of the Hot Flash Club and I was delighted to learn more about them. However four new women are introduced in this book, each with her own individual drama. They set out to help each other and in particular to figure out if the father of one has hooked up with a young gold-digger. This calls for a little espionage. The dialogue is ...more
Elizabeth
This is the first Hot Flash Club book that I listened to. I liked the reader and the storyline was good for driving--you didn't have to overly concentrate to keep up with what was going on. There are four women who are managing crises and the Hot Flash Club (also four women) are helping them out overtly and covertly. One of the scenarios was far fetched. A young woman named Beth is being harassed by her boyfriend's mother. I was disgruntled with how long Beth put up with abuse from this older, c ...more
Ericka
Nov 06, 2012 Ericka rated it it was amazing
I give the biggest congrats to Nancy Thayer. This is the best chic book I have ever read. This book had me smiling, laughing and crying through out the whole book. I had a very hard time putting this book down. Bringing women together who are from different backgrounds and different things going on in their lives but in the end they are exactly what the book title states The Hot Flash Club friends who meet once a week for dinner. Nancy brought together different stories about four different wome ...more
Jeanie
Oct 14, 2012 Jeanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nancy_thayer
I think that because I was listening rather than reading, the beginning was a mish-mash of related characters and I had a hard time keeping them straight ... and because I was listening and driving, I had to endure. Glad I did. The lives of eight women were skillfully woven together and soon I was totally hooked. Even missed my exit during one driving/listening episode. I'd put this in the chick-lit category but it was far from mindless. I could identify with many of the situations and learned s ...more
Linda
Jan 31, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing
Nice to reconnect with my friends, Faye, Marilyn, Shirley and Alice. I wanted a light, fun read and this fits the bill! After meeting at a retirement party this group of four women formed the "Hot Flash Club." In this book we are introuduced to four new women Carolyn, Beth, Julia and Polly. Interesting new characters whose lifes become intertwined with the others. Delightful read! Love this series and I hope Nancy Thayer will write some sequels...only two left to read.
Phair
Mar 06, 2011 Phair rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I loved book 1 maybe because I read it at "that certain age" where it really hit home. This was a let-down. I had a hard time reconnecting with who was who from the first book then she adds 4 new characters and their assorted children, in-laws, & boyfriends to keep track of. TOO MUCH! Seemed much less focused than the first. So while I still like the series and will continue to read (ending seemed to set us up for #3) this entry missed the mark.
Pam
Mar 11, 2013 Pam rated it really liked it
The second book in the HFC series. Very much like the first book in that it is light, funny and there are the original women. However, there are 4 new women that are introduced that all become friends as well. I really am enjoying this series and it is very believable in that all of the situations are things that can happen in life, and there probably is at least one that you can identify with.
Jeanne
Aug 09, 2008 Jeanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
The second in the Hot Flash Club series introduces several new characters. I enjoyed their stories as well as the continuation of the stories of the original 4 women. My biggest criticism of these books is the way they end. They just fade away, obviously with a sequal in mind. Perhaps this won't happen in the final one.
Barb Heart
May 15, 2010 Barb Heart rated it really liked it
A fun read - keeps you laughing, crying, frustrated at some charachters, happy for others, and empathetic towards many. The four older (hot flash originals) connect with another group of four women but this time three are much younger with a whole new set of issues. All the individuals are so totally different making it a good read!!
Camy
Nov 14, 2012 Camy rated it really liked it
Totally enjoyed book 2 of this series and eager to move on to book 3 of fun, mindless but enjoyable reading!! Heart-warming to read about the trials , tribulations and friendship amongst older women . Giving myself a continued break from serious reading so will complete the whole set of Hot Flash books ! Why not??

Nan
Jun 07, 2011 Nan rated it liked it
Enjoyed the first book enough to want to read the second. The story picks up where it left off and continues with the original characters and their spa business. New characters with new problems are introduced and the story somewhat repeats, with the new problems getting solved and a happy ending. Predictable, fluff reading, but sometimes the brain needs a rest and a quick read!
Aug 14, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
More fluff, with new characters, almost all of an age and in situations I can relate to. The addition of three new, younger, characters was a little confusing, but as they developed they added a different perspective. Overall, a very enjoyable light read.
Kimberly
I listened to this and had never read the first one. Although it is fine as a stand-alone, there were just enough tidbits about the original characters that I wish I had read that one first. Fun, light listening.
Terri
May 06, 2009 Terri rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! Maybe it is just the timing or who knows what. But this absolutely made me smile. Reminded me a bit of the Ya Yas. I didn't read the first book. But now I just might. Worth the quick read!
Nancy
Apr 13, 2015 Nancy rated it really liked it
This is a continuation of the friendship between four over age 50 women. The book centers on the stories of three younger women who attend The Haven, Shirley's wellness center and their stories. Plus Polly, who will become the newest Hot Flash member.
Angie
Apr 17, 2011 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVE the narrator on this series of audio CDs!!! The characters are wonderful but the narrator really does a fabulous job of bringing them to life! I didn't enjoy this one as much as the holidays or the "chills out"... but it was good.
Denise Ellis
Nov 04, 2014 Denise Ellis rated it really liked it
I funny light-hearted story of the lives of several women who have thought they were past their usefulness and how they helped a younger generation through some difficult times. I enjoyed it very much.
June
Mar 29, 2013 June rated it really liked it
While not quite as good as the first in the series, I still really enjoyed it. On the down side, several of the plot lines were the same as in the first book. On the up side, there were several laugh out loud moments.
Loretta
Aug 10, 2008 Loretta rated it really liked it
+-9*
A sequal that brings new women in to the mix, while getting you up to date on what the orginal Hot Flash Club members are doing. Not quite as good as the original, but okay. Liked the new gals, but would have liked to see mnore of the old timers. Fun read.
LInda L
Mar 05, 2016 LInda L rated it really liked it
Really really cute -- but not in a precious way! Just lots of interesting characters whom you want to hear more about. Another member for the Club appears, as well as some younger good friends. This was even better than the first book.
Angela
Dec 20, 2007 Angela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
I liked this one better than the first one. The first one has four older characters who form the Hot Flash Club. This book introduced four more characters, three who were younger and one who was older. It was nice to read about the issues for both the younger and older generations.
Jackie Stanton
Feb 03, 2011 Jackie Stanton rated it really liked it
Pure fluff, but fun reading nonetheless. This is the second of the HFC series, and adds three younger women to the mix. The theme here is mothers-in-law. A smile/laugh on nearly every page, this is a novel those of us over 50 can clearly relate to.
Emily Higgins
This sequel to the first Hot Flah Club book was a little more serious than the first. It brought in 4 new characters, 3 of whom were younger than the original group. The problems these women face, discounting wealth and social status, are so realistic that you can't help but relate. Good series.
  • The Red Hat Club Rides Again
  • The Summer Of Us
  • Summer Blowout
  • A False Sense of Well Being
  • Until The Real Thing Comes Along
  • Blissful Summer: Make You Mine Again\Unraveled
  • The Scent of Scandal
  • The WWW Club: A Novel of Sex and Bonbons
  • Ocean Beach (Ten Beach Road, #2)
  • A November Bride (A Year of Weddings, #12)
  • The Paper Marriage
  • Verkeerde vrienden
  • The Deep Blue Sea for Beginners (Newport, Rhode Island, #2)
  • Redemption Blues
  • This is My Daughter
  • The Copper Beech / Evening Class
  • How To Be Cool
  • Welcome to Icicle Falls
Nancy Thayer has a B.A. and M.A. in English literature from the University of Missouri at Kansas City. Before settling down to write and have children she taught English at various colleges and traveled, living in Paris, Amsterdam and Helsinki. In 1981 she was a Fellow at the Breadloaf Writers Conference. She has lived on Nantucket Island year round for twenty-five years with her husband Charley W ...more
More about Nancy Thayer...

Hot Flash Club (4 books)