Survival

Survival

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  167 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Gabriel had everything. He was a successful attorney, engaged to the mayor's daughter. He was handsome and charming. His career was poised on the brink of taking off, and it looked like nothing could stand in his way.

So why did he risk it all to have one night of blazing passion with a male prostitute?

When Gabriel met Nicky he had no idea what he was getting himself into....more
Published March 2008 by Phaze Books

To ask other readers questions about Survival, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survival

JenMcJ
Gabriel and Nicky. Wow. The first half of this book has enough kink to stop the flow in your water hose (but nowhere else)! Gabriel is a successful closeted, somewhat repressed gay lawyer. He picks up a male prostitute for one night of sex to "get it out of his system". He sees Nicky and that is all she wrote. His big plans for one night turn into a second encounter, etc, etc. How Jade Falconer made the blackmail scene so hot is a wonder. It should have made me hate Nicky, but it just made me fe...more
Ami
This Pretty Woman tale is wonderful for like the first 3/4 part. I enjoy Gabriel and Nicky's hook-up and how Gabriel keeps coming back for the male prostitute. Both characters are likeable; though I still don't understand Nicky's reason for blackmailing Gabriel. It seems out of his character and never explained (does he owe his pimp or something?). I like the part where Nicky tries to get out and reform himself; that's pretty brave. Some scenes tug my heart as well, which is a plus on i...more
Lily
A closeted lawyer picks up a prostitute for one night of sex and soon they're having scorching hot sex again and again. Blackmail, pimps, murder and growing love lead to a HEA future for Gabriel and Nicky. Well written and interesting, I quite enjoyed this one.
Virginia
This book is about a male attorney (Gabriel) who is engaged to a female who picks up a male prostitute (Nicky) because he can no longer fight his hidden desires. (view spoiler) Gabriel has a TON of baggage but falls hard and fast for the beautiful Nicky who has an immediate attracti...more
Kerry
Prostitution. Cheating. Violence. Blackmail. There is so much about this book that does not say 'romance', yet that is what this is...a wonderful romance. The sex scenes are hot! The tension is great! I really thought that this was going to be a 5 star read for me, but then I got to the ending--the never-ending ending. Yes, I like my stories to have a HEA, but this book knocked me over the head with the HEA. I couldn't wait for it to be over. BUT, having said that, this was still a great read. I...more
Nene
The first two thirds of this book are what really sold it for me. It was instense and sexy and passionate. There were so many underlying emotions going on that I just couldn't get enough. Gabriel was a really intriguing character for me, and had a lot of baggage that is revealed as the book progresses. I liked seeing him burst free of the mold he'd been pressed into. And Nicky...well, heck. What can you say about him besides HOT HOT HOT!
ElaineY
I started off detesting Gabriel and muttering to myself that he was just asking for the shit to hit the proverbial fan and that he'd deserve every bit of it landing on him.

Somewhere along, though, he began to resonate with me just as Nicky, the male whore, did. Theirs became a romance I wanted to end well, an HEA I wanted very much for them.

They did get their HEA and I ended up enjoying Survival very much.
Shakisha
3.5 Stars

I found myself really invested in the MC's at about the half way point and I was surprised by this. I guess I wasn't really sure what to expect. This is my first Jade Falconer read and I'll be looking for more of her stuff soon.

It's been mentioned before but I'll repeat it the first part of this book is from Gabe's POV, and I found myself sympathising with him and what he was going through, and Nicky's actions pissed me off though they didn't surprise me. You'll have to read the book to...more
Candace
This was not a romance which is what I was hoping for. It was pure debauchery, lust, RANDOM insta-love and thats pretty much it. I have no clue why they fell in love they literally didnt know a thing about each other including the prostitute's real name. They very rarely had a conversation. Not to mention it was a little predictable towards the end. Im not sure why so many liked this book but it wasnt for me.
I loved Gabriel and Nicky. I wasn't sure this would be a book I would like, but it really blew me out of the water. I enjoyed the chemistry the two had together and really loved the storyline.
Danni
I loved the start of this book. Nicky is everything I love in a hero - slutty, manipulative, cute, and looks great in a pair of high heels - haha. Gabriel is a likeable enough character too, although he was a bit too drippy sometimes for my liking. The sex was hot, and a lil kinky, in fact the first half of the book was nearly all just shagging.

I got a bit fed up as I got towards the end. It turned into an 'I love you' fest. "I love you Nicky," "No, I love you more Gabriel," "You'll be my babe f...more
Natālija
This book had lots and lots of sex, and I ended up skimming through most of it. Sorry to say, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.
Sophie
Honestly this one fell flat for me. Normally I love Jade - I've been following her online for years - but this wasn't her best. The character development wasn't there, the plot was really predictable, and the dialog got to be repetitive, in my opinion. But I'm glad everything worked out at the end, and there was a fair amount of hot sex, so I give it a 2.5.
Avrey-zoe
This was actually a 2.5 read for me. I was torn. Great premise. Dialogue was poor in a lot of areas. Characters not fleshed out enough for me. Instant love without much background. Would really like to have had a decent back story for Nicky and Gabriel. Motivations? Showed promise but needed a bit of work.
Tj
I enjoyed the overall read. The plot wasn't very original but it was well plotted out. I enjoyed the relationship between the two and how it pushed Nicky to better himself. I did think the dialogue was a little repetitive and the end was too easily wrapped up. Still it was a nice, comfort read.
Alli
2.5 Great characters & some really good parts - others that kind of went nowhere or weren't very impactful. However, if you want a romantic book with an ultra sentimental ending, this should do it.
Arzu
Jul 31, 2010 Arzu rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Arzu by: arzuaydemir@msn.com
3,5 stars
Spooky
Spooky marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Seren1ty
Seren1ty marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Karyta
Karyta marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Wesley Vance
Wesley Vance marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
  • Velvet Glove: Volume V
  • Easy
  • Hunger (Chicken Ranch, #1)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • The Other Side
  • precious_boy
  • Sleight of Hand
  • Jumping Into Things (Thatchers, #1)
  • Phoenix Rising
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • My Father's Lover
Inspired by the important things in life: beauty, love, and passion, Jade has spent several years writing erotic fiction. The forbidden nature of homoeroticism has been the basis for many megabytes of fiction that has delighted a wide circle of online readers.
More about Jade Falconer...
Wicked Game Cold Hands, Warm... Around the World Tangled Web Making Magic