Start by marking “The Hidden Face of God: Science Reveals the Ultimate Truth” as Want to Read:
The Hidden Face of God: Science Reveals the Ultimate Truth

The Hidden Face of God: Science Reveals the Ultimate Truth

Gerald Schroeder, an MIT-trained scientist who has worked in both physics and biology, has emerged in recent years as one of the most popular and accessible apostles for the melding of science and religion. He first reconciled science and faith as different perspectives on a single whole in The Science of God. Now, in The Hidden Face of God, Schroeder takes a bold step for ...more
Published (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Hidden Face of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hidden Face of God

Ammar
Oct 27, 2008 Ammar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I extremely recommmend this book which gives a much needed perspective on science in this age of scientific secularism; Dr. Schroeder is in a unique position to give this perspective because he is an accomplished physicist as well as an individual who believes in God in the religion of Judaism. As a muslim myself, I agree with many of his views on science especially his emphasis on the notion that this magnificent wonder-full world was not conceived spontaneously without meticulous wisdom and in
Greta
Jun 08, 2010 Greta rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Greta by: Greg
Shelves: spirituality
The author postulates that because the universe is so unfathomably large and our bodies are so unfathomably complex and comprised of things so small, there must be some unifying wisdom behind it all (aka God). I can agree with him because I believe that all this is a bit too much to have come about by random accident, but I don't think he actually proved anything.
Jessaka
Oct 23, 2015 Jessaka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-religion
“The further philosophical problem of there having been a beginning arises with the idea that the beginning of our universe marks the beginning of time, space, and matter. Before our universe came into being, there is every scientific indication that time did not exist. Whatever brought the universe into existence must of course predate the universe, which in turn means that whatever brought the universe into existence must predate time. That which predates time is not bound by time. Not inside ...more
Leanne
Aug 12, 2012 Leanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
The author does a good job of pointing out the "givens" that have to be accepted by scientists attempting to explain our origins or the way the universe works. However, he relies too much on intelligent design ideas to demonstrate that God must exist, even though intelligent design is a pseudoscientific ideology that has rightly been rejected by serious scientists. Instead of relying on the "God of the gaps" to prove his case, I would have liked to have seen more positive evidence of God's exist ...more
Trey Nowell
Apr 16, 2013 Trey Nowell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably one of the best books I ever read! I cannot tell you how much of a profound impact this book had on me with the DNA structure and ways of looking at how we came to be as humans in relation to God with creating us. A good book for Christians, Jews, Muslims, Theist, Agnostics, and Atheists to gain perspective.
Grace Best-Page
I was enthralled, and still am, about what it takes "just" to see with the human eye. How is it even remotely possible that a system so complex could come about by blind, random chance, and in such a "short" period of time? To believe in Darwinism, where nature doesn't do any designing any more than God does, boggles my mind.
Kari
Mar 24, 2011 Kari rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was written for readers in one of the tiniest, most specific niches in the world. I can't remember why I thought of reading it, and chapter 3 was good, but it's an eyebrow-raiser/jaw-dropper at some points.
Tamra
Nov 10, 2008 Tamra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book contains scientific facts about gravity, physics, biology, etc. that will blow your mind. Some gather an appreciation for the Divine through bible study; others can read this book and marvel at the myriad ways the Divine is known to us through scientific discoveries.
Shayna Abrams
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the Science of G-d. It was harder to understand and it was a little redundant. But - at the same time, I can't knock it totally because I finished it and wanted a little more.
Evonne
Nov 24, 2015 Evonne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really interesting in theory. I found some of the science a little difficult to follow, as evidenced by the fact that I can hardly remember any of it right now. But I do recall while reading it that I was totally immersed.
Chris Kalbach
Good book, with a lot of information in it. Overall I found it pretty boring to read. It also lacks the depth and scope of some others in the realm of science.
Elena Johansen
DNF @ 10%, I actually became angry at this book for the incredibly flawed logic, false dichotomies, and false equivalencies. I couldn't take anymore.
B G
Dec 22, 2012 B G rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an interesting view of our world. The author combines science, psychology, and religion to explain many mysterious of our universe, from formation of planets to cell proteins.
Stephanie
Aug 04, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science
Worth reading again.
Haley Davidson
A bit unclear at times, but fantastic. This book really opened my eyes to some of this world's greatest wonders, and opened my mind to ideas I had never thought of before.
Rowdy
Jul 25, 2011 Rowdy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A compelling read for both the believer and non-believer.
andrew triplett
Nov 17, 2016 andrew triplett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mind boggling! This book may change your life.
Steve Carr
I will have to come back to this one at some point. The details Schroeder teases out of the world around us are fascinating, but many of them are just technical enough to make it a laborious read.
Jenelle
Jenelle rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2012
Jonathan Tabor
Jonathan Tabor rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Justin Thomas
Justin Thomas rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2011
Sunflowers
Sunflowers rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2012
Paul Kenechukwu
Paul Kenechukwu rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2017
Justin Walker
Justin Walker rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Gregory Alterton
Gregory Alterton rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
JR
JR rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2017
Lisa Greer
Lisa Greer rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2008
Michael
Michael rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2009
Jim Palmer
Jim Palmer rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2013
  • Beyond the Cosmos: What Recent Discoveries in Astrophysics Reveal About the Glory and Love of God
  • Intelligent Design: The Bridge Between Science Theology
  • Reason in the Balance: The Case Against Naturalism in Science, Law Education
  • Evolution: A Theory In Crisis
  • The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos Is Designed for Discovery
  • Belief: Readings on the Reason for Faith
  • God and the Astronomers
  • Treatise of Revolutionary Psychology: The Gnostic Method of Real Spiritual Awakening
  • Genetic Entropy & the Mystery of the Genome
  • The Key to Theosophy
  • The Philosopher’s Stone: Alchemy and the Secret Research for Exotic Matter
  • The Da Vinci Deception
19170
Gerald L. Schroeder is a scientist, author, and lecturer, who focuses on what he perceives to be an inherent relationship between science and spirituality.

In 1965, Schroeder received his Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in nuclear physics and earth and planetary sciences. He worked five years on the staff of the MIT physics department. After emigrating to Israel in 1971, he was
More about Gerald Schroeder...

“The real question is why is there “being”? The existence of existence is amazing, awesome.” 11 likes
“Spirituality not rooted in the reality of life’s material needs rarely effects a meaningful gain.” 7 likes