Start by marking “The Hidden Face of God: Science Reveals the Ultimate Truth” as Want to Read:
The Hidden Face of God: Science Reveals the Ultimate Truth

The Hidden Face of God: Science Reveals the Ultimate Truth

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Gerald Schroeder, an MIT-trained scientist who has worked in both physics and biology, has emerged in recent years as one of the most popular and accessible apostles for the melding of science and religion. He first reconciled science and faith as different perspectives on a single whole in The Science of God. Now, in The Hidden Face of God, Schroeder takes a bold step for...more
Published (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Hidden Face of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hidden Face of God

Ammar

I extremely recommmend this book which gives a much needed perspective on science in this age of scientific secularism; Dr. Schroeder is in a unique position to give this perspective because he is an accomplished physicist as well as an individual who believes in God in the religion of Judaism. As a muslim myself, I agree with many of his views on science especially his emphasis on the notion that this magnificent wonder-full world was not conceived spontaneously without meticulous wisdom and in...more
Leanne
The author does a good job of pointing out the "givens" that have to be accepted by scientists attempting to explain our origins or the way the universe works. However, he relies too much on intelligent design ideas to demonstrate that God must exist, even though intelligent design is a pseudoscientific ideology that has rightly been rejected by serious scientists. Instead of relying on the "God of the gaps" to prove his case, I would have liked to have seen more positive evidence of God's exist...more
Greta
Jun 14, 2010 Greta rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Greta by: Greg
Shelves: spirituality
The author postulates that because the universe is so unfathomably large and our bodies are so unfathomably complex and comprised of things so small, there must be some unifying wisdom behind it all (aka God). I can agree with him because I believe that all this is a bit too much to have come about by random accident, but I don't think he actually proved anything.
Grace Best-Page
I was enthralled, and still am, about what it takes "just" to see with the human eye. How is it even remotely possible that a system so complex could come about by blind, random chance, and in such a "short" period of time? To believe in Darwinism, where nature doesn't do any designing any more than God does, boggles my mind.
Trey Nowell
Probably one of the best books I ever read! I cannot tell you how much of a profound impact this book had on me with the DNA structure and ways of looking at how we came to be as humans in relation to God with creating us. A good book for Christians, Jews, Muslims, Theist, Agnostics, and Atheists to gain perspective.
Tamra
This book contains scientific facts about gravity, physics, biology, etc. that will blow your mind. Some gather an appreciation for the Divine through bible study; others can read this book and marvel at the myriad ways the Divine is known to us through scientific discoveries.
Shayna Abrams
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the Science of G-d. It was harder to understand and it was a little redundant. But - at the same time, I can't knock it totally because I finished it and wanted a little more.
Kari
This was written for readers in one of the tiniest, most specific niches in the world. I can't remember why I thought of reading it, and chapter 3 was good, but it's an eyebrow-raiser/jaw-dropper at some points.
Steve Carr
I will have to come back to this one at some point. The details Schroeder teases out of the world around us are fascinating, but many of them are just technical enough to make it a laborious read.
B G
This is an interesting view of our world. The author combines science, psychology, and religion to explain many mysterious of our universe, from formation of planets to cell proteins.
Haley Davidson
A bit unclear at times, but fantastic. This book really opened my eyes to some of this world's greatest wonders, and opened my mind to ideas I had never thought of before.
Chris Kalbach
Good book, with a lot of information in it. Overall I found it pretty boring to read. It also lacks the depth and scope of some others in the realm of science.
Rowdy
A compelling read for both the believer and non-believer.
Stephanie
Worth reading again.
Sam
Sam added it
Oct 12, 2014
Romell
Romell marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Jacob Thompson
Jacob Thompson marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Ivana
Ivana added it
Oct 01, 2014
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Thanos Spiropoulos
Thanos Spiropoulos marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Brandi Brown
Brandi Brown is currently reading it
Sep 17, 2014
Jillian
Jillian marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
  • The Mind of God: The Scientific Basis for a Rational World
  • Why God Won't Go Away: Brain Science and the Biology of Belief
  • Intelligent Design: The Bridge Between Science & Theology
  • The Secret Doctrine
  • Beauty: The Invisible Embrace
  • The Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe: The Mathematical Archetypes of Nature, Art, and Science
  • The Great Partnership: God, Science and the Search for Meaning
  • Cults, Conspiracies, and Secret Societies: The Straight Scoop on Freemasons, The Illuminati, Skull and Bones, Black Helicopters, The New World Order, and many, many more
  • Lost Discoveries: The Ancient Roots of Modern Science--from the Babylonians to the Maya
  • Real Christianity
  • Darwin's Cathedral: Evolution, Religion, and the Nature of Society
  • In Search of Time: The Science of a Curious Dimension
  • Global Weirdness: Severe Storms, Deadly Heat Waves, Relentless Drought, Rising Seas and the Weather of the Future
  • Cosmic Consciousness - A Study in the Evolution of the Human Mind
  • Who Wrote the New Testament? The Making of the Christian Myth
  • The Obama Nation
  • Untie the Strong Woman: Blessed Mother's Immaculate Love for the Wild Soul
  • Love for a Lifetime: Building a Marriage That Will Go the Distance
19170
Gerald L. Schroeder is a scientist, author, and lecturer, who focuses on what he perceives to be an inherent relationship between science and spirituality.

In 1965, Schroeder received his Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in nuclear physics and earth and planetary sciences. He worked five years on the staff of the MIT physics department. After emigrating to Israel in 1971, he was...more
More about Gerald Schroeder...
The Science of God: The Convergence of Scientific and Biblical Wisdom Genesis and the Big Bang Theory: The Discovery of Harmony Between Modern Science and the Bible God According to God: A Physicist Proves We've Been Wrong About God All Along Genesis One: A Physicist Looks At Creation Genesis One: A physicist Looks at Creation