Start by marking “The Legacy of Alice Waters” as Want to Read:
The Legacy of Alice Waters

The Legacy of Alice Waters

4.75 of 5 stars 4.75  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  3 reviews
In ‘The Legacy of Alice Waters’, Alice poisons her lover’s wife and child (a diabolical crime for which she’s duly hanged, orphaning her own daughter). Alice's suffering ends in 1947. Those left behind continue to suffer' Her daughter grows up in ignorance of her true identity. When she discovers the truth will she understand and forgive her mother?
Published September 24th 2010 by Smashwords Edition (first published January 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Legacy of Alice Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legacy of Alice Waters

Clare Tippet
Oct 31, 2009 Clare Tippet rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: readers of murder novels, crime and womens; interest
Recommended to Clare by: A friend
I like books with a bite and murder too. Lately I've been sick of reading murder novels that delight in cutting up and slaughtering women. This book is different. There is a nasty murder and we know she is guilty but this novel makes you think about how no judgements can be simple. By the end I sympathised with the murderer and the people she left behind as well as with the victims. This book makes you think. Read it
Geri
Loved this book, which I read a little while back. I loved the suspense and the wonderful female characters: Dessie, Maddie, Emily, Harriet. It was tragic on the one hand, but triumphant on the other; I loved that Maddie walked out on her deadbeat cheating husband (none of the married men seem to have understood the meaning of fidelity) and that the truth really did set her free in so many ways.
Francis Shawcross
This is a meaty book with a good story about a woman who is executed for murder. It really made me think about guilt and punishment and how the punishment goes on afterwards and the whole family suffers. But the ending is positive and when I have time, I'm going to read again.
Cathy Passen
Cathy Passen marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Nicole Hadaway
Nicole Hadaway marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2010
The Self-Publishing Check List Islamic Jewelry in The Metropolitan Museum of Art Islamic Jewelry in the Metropolitan Museum/E0921P Islamic Art in the Kuwait National Museum: The Al-Sabah Collection Islamische Kunst: Meisterwerke Aus Dem Metropolitan Museum Of Art, New York = The Arts Of Islam: Masterpieces From The Metropolitan Museum Of Art, New York