Start by marking “Marvel 70th Anniversary ” as Want to Read:
Marvel 70th Anniversary

Marvel 70th Anniversary

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Celebrate a senses-shattering 70 years of Marvel Comics with this fitting tribute to the storied history of the House of Ideas This keepsake edition showcases the creative evolution of the Marvel Universe like never before by collecting the single best story from each of the past seven decades - as chosen by the True Believers themselves, the mighty Marvel fans Collecting ...more
Trade Paperback, 344 pages
Published July 22nd 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Marvel 70th Anniversary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marvel 70th Anniversary

Craig
There's no way that a collection of this length can live up to any individual's expectations; I'm sure that every comics fan was horrified that their favorite story of such-and-so was excluded and something they found inferior made the cut. At least that was my reaction, but at the same time I recognize that it's a good retrospective of seven decades. For example, I'm not too fond of the '98 Avengers story, because I didn't feel it presented the characters either convincingly or realistically; T ...more
dreams_of_a_butterfly
Feb 01, 2015 dreams_of_a_butterfly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Marvel superhero fans
Shelves: comic-manga, marvel
Some stories are good, some are not. An okay collection of marvel stories. I liked the early stories best, and like how Namor is drawn in "Sub-mariner". My favorites are "Sub-mariner", and "The red ghost".
Caitlin
What a fantastic glimpse into the Marvel Universe. This compilation comprises several issues from each decade of Marvel's existence (1940s-present). So interesting to see how the art styles and plots have changed over the years.
Aaron Hall
If you haven't been an avid comic book reader like myself, this is a great way to just get your feet wet on some of the classic Marvel stories. While I didn't care for each and every story, that's always going to be the case in these types of collections. I think it's a great starter book or even a great refresher on some of the more classic stories that Marvel has in their repertoire.
Steven Shinder
This TPB is full of gems: the origin of Doctor Strange, Peter Parker giving up being Spider-Man, Iron Man battling alcoholism, the X-Men battling the Hellfire Club, Wolverine fighting Gray Hulk, and the beautifully drawn and colored origin of the original Human Torch, to name a few. This is a great summary of seven decades of Marvel Comics, and the selections are justified.
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Chelsea Powell
Chelsea Powell marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Samuel Yeomans
Samuel Yeomans marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
BMR, MSW, LSW
BMR, MSW, LSW marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Roman
Roman marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Kelsey Rogers
Kelsey Rogers marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Alex Reynolds
Alex Reynolds marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Belyle
Belyle added it
Jul 06, 2014
Michael Kochketola
Michael Kochketola marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Stan Lee (born Stanley Martin Lieber) is an American writer, editor, creator of comic book superheroes, and the former president and chairman of Marvel Comics.

With several artist co-creators, most notably Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, he co-created Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Daredevil, the Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, and many other characters, introducing complex,
More about Stan Lee...
How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way Essential Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 1 Marvel Masterworks: The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 1 Marvel Masterworks: The X-Men, Vol. 1 Essential Classic X-Men, Vol. 1