A Perfect Husband

A Perfect Husband

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The "New York Times" bestselling true-crime writer chronicles the highly-publicized story of novelist Michael Peterson, who was convicted of first-degree murder for beating his wife to death in 2001 in order to collect her life insurance. Original.
Published August 1st 2004 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Husband

Michelle
I read this as a follow up after seeing the documentary The Staircase. The Staircase was told very much from the defendant's point of view, so it was very enlightening to read the prosecution's side. That being said, it was not a well-written book and I was tempted to pull out my red pen and edit the poorly written story. If it hadn't been a library book, I might have done so! :)
kathi
Feb 13, 2009 kathi added it
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to kathi by: advertising
I can not figure out why I continued with this book... probably that morbid curiousity I have.
I had heard many good things about this author but I found her to be a cheap copy of Ann Rule...who I enjoy very much and is a professional and obviously does very thorough research...this author didn't.
Ironically there was an hour program on TV last night that I thought I would watch since I had just finished the book. Within three minutes I turned the show off..the police interview with the perp was p...more
David
It is always hard for me to believe people out there are this evil. It is something we all need to be reminded of. Aphrodite Jones books I have enjoyed in the past; so, I figured this might be good. This one reminds me of the Mitchel case so much. It was unbelievable how normal this man could be for long periods of time. You normally expect murderers to be creepy, weird and odd to others. I found the story to be shocking and surprising.
Roxann G.
I am a huge fan of true crime and was very familiar with this case even before I picked up the book. It falls into the category of guilty pleasure for me - won't win any literary awards but I still managed to learn more tidbits. The case itself falls into the "truth is stranger than fiction" category and I find the details fascinating. If you get creeped out easily, avoid.
Lindsay
It took a long time for me to get through this and I don't know why. To me the most upsetting part was the systematic isolation of the victim's daughter from her siblings. She was made to feel like a monster for wanting justice for her mother. I hope she's found peace.
Joe
Read the book, then watched the documentary on TV. The husband is nothing more than a pathetic pile of social sewage. The book was easy to read and you'll get disgusted with the husband as you keep reading the book.
Indra
Interesting enough and about typical for a true crime book. Giving it two stars instead of three because it lingered on gore too much for my liking and included photos of corpses, which no reader needs to see.
Bridget
a little long and drawn out, could have been done shorter and with more excitement. But I still like Ms. Jones's books.
Theresa
Well written true murder story that left me in doubt of his guilt right up to the middle of the book.
Marianne Stehr
this did not keep my interest and I gave up on it half way through
Claire Yar
Claire Yar is currently reading it
Aug 16, 2014
Jill Lundquist
Jill Lundquist marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
GRITS
GRITS marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Tr
Tr marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Melody
Melody marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Leah Halkett
Leah Halkett marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Lisa Coney
Lisa Coney marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
True crime writer published by Pinnacle Books and HarperCollinsPublishers.

She is also the host of the TV series True Crime which airs on Investigation Discovery.

More about Aphrodite Jones...
Cruel Sacrifice All She Wanted Michael Jackson Conspiracy The Embrace: A True Vampire Story Red Zone: The Behind-the-Scenes Story of the San Francisco Dog Mauling