Start by marking “A Perfect Husband” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Husband

A Perfect Husband

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  230 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The "New York Times" bestselling true-crime writer chronicles the highly-publicized story of novelist Michael Peterson, who was convicted of first-degree murder for beating his wife to death in 2001 in order to collect her life insurance. Original.
Published August 1st 2004 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Husband

Michelle
May 13, 2012 Michelle rated it it was ok
I read this as a follow up after seeing the documentary The Staircase. The Staircase was told very much from the defendant's point of view, so it was very enlightening to read the prosecution's side. That being said, it was not a well-written book and I was tempted to pull out my red pen and edit the poorly written story. If it hadn't been a library book, I might have done so! :)
Indra
May 29, 2010 Indra rated it it was ok
Shelves: true-crime
Interesting enough and about typical for a true crime book. Giving it two stars instead of three because it lingered on gore too much for my liking and included photos of corpses, which no reader needs to see.
Krista
Feb 16, 2015 Krista rated it it was ok
Shelves: true-crime
Another true crime book about the Michael Peterson case. This one reveals the oddness surrounding Peterson's sons, and it has (just a warning) photos of his deceased friend at the time of her exhumation. (That's right, 18 years after her death.) Interesting enough, but as I said about another Peterson book, not as fascinating as the documentary, "The Staircase."
Dottie Hart
Mar 28, 2015 Dottie Hart rated it it was amazing
I haven't read the book yet, but I'm a huge fan of Aphrodite Jones so I give 5 stars to Aphrodite as an author and her accomplishments. I'm going to start it today and I'll rate and comment when I'm finished.
kathi
Feb 13, 2009 kathi added it
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to kathi by: advertising
I can not figure out why I continued with this book... probably that morbid curiousity I have.
I had heard many good things about this author but I found her to be a cheap copy of Ann Rule...who I enjoy very much and is a professional and obviously does very thorough research...this author didn't.
Ironically there was an hour program on TV last night that I thought I would watch since I had just finished the book. Within three minutes I turned the show off..the police interview with the perp was p
Suzanne
Jun 18, 2016 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starting to really like this author
Ann Varner
Feb 10, 2015 Ann Varner rated it it was amazing
very well written!
David
Dec 06, 2013 David rated it really liked it
It is always hard for me to believe people out there are this evil. It is something we all need to be reminded of. Aphrodite Jones books I have enjoyed in the past; so, I figured this might be good. This one reminds me of the Mitchel case so much. It was unbelievable how normal this man could be for long periods of time. You normally expect murderers to be creepy, weird and odd to others. I found the story to be shocking and surprising.
Roxann G.
Aug 15, 2010 Roxann G. rated it it was ok
I am a huge fan of true crime and was very familiar with this case even before I picked up the book. It falls into the category of guilty pleasure for me - won't win any literary awards but I still managed to learn more tidbits. The case itself falls into the "truth is stranger than fiction" category and I find the details fascinating. If you get creeped out easily, avoid.
Lindsay
Jul 04, 2012 Lindsay rated it liked it
It took a long time for me to get through this and I don't know why. To me the most upsetting part was the systematic isolation of the victim's daughter from her siblings. She was made to feel like a monster for wanting justice for her mother. I hope she's found peace.
Joe
Oct 18, 2011 Joe rated it liked it
Read the book, then watched the documentary on TV. The husband is nothing more than a pathetic pile of social sewage. The book was easy to read and you'll get disgusted with the husband as you keep reading the book.
Sae-chan
Oct 31, 2015 Sae-chan rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
There were so many points in Kathleen's life that if she had chosen differently, she wouldn't have even meet this guy. But can we really escape fate?
Bridget
Oct 28, 2011 Bridget rated it liked it
a little long and drawn out, could have been done shorter and with more excitement. But I still like Ms. Jones's books.
Theresa
Aug 23, 2013 Theresa rated it really liked it
Well written true murder story that left me in doubt of his guilt right up to the middle of the book.
Miz
Oh man, what a slooooooow way of telling a story. It would be much better as a documentary!
Marianne Stehr
Jul 07, 2013 Marianne Stehr rated it did not like it
this did not keep my interest and I gave up on it half way through
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Pat
Pat rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Gabrielle Wallack
Gabrielle Wallack rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Kristie
Kristie rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Jenny Kahrs Scheper
Jenny Kahrs Scheper marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
cjn
cjn marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Celestia Ludenberg
Celestia Ludenberg marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
NdaghaKyalah Donn
NdaghaKyalah Donn marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Teresa Deal
Teresa Deal rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Mary Walter
Mary Walter marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Jacinta
Jacinta marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Amber
Amber added it
May 23, 2016
Ebony Gallup
Ebony Gallup marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
  • Bad Girls
  • A Need to Kill: Confessions of a Teen Murderer
  • House of Evil
  • Blood in the Snow: The True Story of a Stay-at-Home Dad, his High-Powered Wife, and the Jealousy that Drove him to Murder
  • Baby Be Mine
  • Exposed: The Secret Life of Jodi Arias
  • Never Enough
  • If Loving You Is Wrong: The Shocking True Story of Mary Kay Letourneau
  • Open Secrets
  • Debunked!: Conspiracy Theories, Urban Legends, and Evil Plots of the 21st Century
  • Bully: a True Story of High School Revenge
Aphrodite Jones is an award-winning American reporter and author who writes about murder. Her knack for detail allows her to dissect bizarre murder cases and bring readers into the heart of darkness. Now, the author has taken her career to TV as the executive producer and TV host of the ID series, True Crime with Aphrodite Jones, which airs on Investigation Discovery.
Jones is now filming her sixt
More about Aphrodite Jones...