Start by marking “Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest, #3)” as Want to Read:
Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest, #3)

Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest #3)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  1,373 ratings  ·  52 reviews
In Chasing Blue, Sasha and her horse, Charm, have proven that they’re worthy competitors for the elite Canterwood Crest equestrian team. Things are definitely looking up . . . until Sasha finds out who her riding partner for the semester is: her archnemesis, Queen Bee Heather. Not. Good. And when Heather starts spending a little too much QT with Sasha’s almost-boyfriend, J ...more
Published May 19th 2009 by Aladdin (first published April 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Bit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind the Bit

Alina Seifert
I loved this book much more then the other CanterWood Crest I reviewed. I loved how the author put the difficulty of romance in this book. For example, the boy relationship that Sash had with Jacob and Eric showed how you can like someone, but then also be friends with someone else. This was a very big part of the book, but also there was a horse show that took place at Devon. Unlike the second Canterwood Crest book that I reviewed, this one did not tell all that much about the preparation for t ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Lauren Ashley for TeensReadToo.com

Sasha is in quite a predicament...friend and boy wise. Her BFF, Callie, thinks she's after her crush, Eric, but Sasha swears they are just friends. After all, she likes Jacob and wishes he was back at Canterwood Crest so they can talk about her outburst before he left.

Regardless, Callie won't talk to her, and that means Sasha really only has Eric and her horse, Charm, to turn to. In the process of trying to win back her friend, Sasha learns that mean
Theresa
This is pretty on par with the first two in the series, with some improved development for Heather. They all start and end in media res so it feels more like reading a magazine serial than a series of books, and the intensity over every little thing reinforces that. I liked seeing Heather as a more rounded person in this book but am disappointed that as soon as we get some depth in the protagonist-antagonist relationship (view spoiler) ...more
Natalie Toner
Chloe
I honestly don't know why I didn't jump on this bandwagon sooner - I love these books! Even as an older teen past the targeted age of this series, I still find it totally relatable and the situations Sasha finds herself in a surprisingly realistic. Now, as far as this book specifically goes, it is centered more around the guy drama. However, it still is done very well and isn't being pushed so much at me that I'm struggling for air. I also appreciated the fact that Sasha didn't magically pull it ...more
Laura Betker
I luv jacob but he is such and idiot for dating callie - and just some advice, make sure u buy triple fault before you start reading behind the bit or, like me, you'll end up finishing it in one day and then wont have a book to read!!!lol
Marian
I'm going to assume that Lip Smackers had some sort of sponsorship of this series, given the number of "lip gloss" conversations and mentions?
Adele
I really enjoyed this one. It was a fun read.
Flora Skye
This book is possibly my favorite Canterwood book. The drama is taken to the next level as Sasha works hard to show her skills at Mr. Conner's clinic.
this book brings the return to an old villain and three new mean girls, The Belles. personally i enjoyed this book and hope you love it the same way i do. this book is the most drama filled and the cliff hanger ending is THE WORST i have ever read(except maybe The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan) All in All this is one of the best books!!! i could
Emma
The drama! The excitement! I find this series really interesting because although Sasha, the narrator, is a good rider she suffers from lack of focus. With everything else going on in her life - her budding romance with Eric, her fight with Calling, Jacob not talking to her, issues with bullies and hazing - she sometimes finds it incredibly hard to focus at some of the key points in her schooling and career. I find this makes her a very genuine character, though sometimes frustrating, and I find ...more
Abby
ONE WORD......... DRAMA!! I LOVE HOW IN EVERY BOOK, IT GETS MORE INTERESTING!!! WHEN I STARTED THIS BOOK, I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!!!! SASHA AND HER BEST FRIEND FIGHT BECAUSE CALLIE THOUGHT THAT SASHA WAS WITH ERIC. NOW HEATHER IS SORTA FRIENDS WITH SASHA AND CALLIE JOINS THE TRIO!!! MEANWHILE, PAIGE IS CONTINUING HER COOKING DREAM FOR SPRING BREAK! THERE IS MORE THAT HAPPENS, BUT I DON'T WANT TO SPOIL IT!!!
Kristen
While the plots are VERY predictable, I adore the school and horsie world that is Canterwood Crest. The writing is lacking in depth but Sasha and Canterwood Crest are just so likeable. Reading this series makes me miss horse back riding less and allows me to imagine that I go to Canterwood Crest too. It also plays on my childhood nostalgia of when I used to be the same age as the characters and ride with my friends (and frenemies).
Assorted thoughts:
-I really like Heather and am glad that she
Miyang
The ending of this book though was great. All the feels!! Although at times throughout the book, Sasha was so annoying and whiny. Even when I read the first book, I never thought I would like Heather again, I love her. I am excited to continue with this the next book.
Madison
I thought this book was okay... But I've not read enough of them to really base my opinion on the series. How many Canterwood Crest books are there?
Grace
this book is so awesome. Ever since I started reading chasing blue, I fell in love with this.
Jessica
Jun 13, 2014 Jessica rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Michelle
Given by Dumbledore to Hermione
Heather
these book are better than saddle club
Michelle Arrow
Ahhh! This cannot be happening! Why does Heather have to hook up with Jacob! I think that Sasha and Jacob would make the absolute best couple! DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS BTW. But I got happy when in the other books, Callie hooks up with Jacob, when Sasha and her aren't friends. Awesome job Ms. Burkhart! I can't wait to see what else you'll write about, because exact time I get more satisfied.
s o n n a
Woah-ease up on the drama there! There's another book I couldn't put down. The ending made you want to go straight to the next book, mainly because the next book is where Jessica Burkhart continues the last paragraph. Well, I love horses, so I would consider this if you love horses and are looking for a dripping teen drama that never ends.
Alyson
I loved it so much I finished it in only a few days. I like that the author, Jessica Burkhart, left me on another cliff hanger, just like she always does. I can't wait to read the next one. I would recommend this book for people who either love to learn about horses, and ride them, or love horses.
Kate
I LOVE this series there the best! Horses are my life and this book serried lets me relate to the horses and friends that Sasha has! I don't have very many friends who ride horses but the ones who do ride read these books also! I wish canterwood academy was a real school!
THESE BOOKS ARE AWESOME!
Johanna Story
i gave this book 4 stars because well it was amazing and an author like jessica you can trust because u know by the end of the first you are hooked and they just get better and better and with this book you have 2 have the 4th because the end of this one leads right into the begining of the 4th
Maya Gorev
It's midwinter break and Sasha Silver been invited to attend an exclusive equestrian clinic. Problem is Callie, Heather, Alison and Julia have also been invited. And after the way things ended at Canterwood's sweetheart soiree, the line between friends and frenemy is thinner than ever.
Ashlyn
That the drama at the school is starting to rise and now the pressure is on everyone. and now if some people new some of the secrets that it could hurt them and the book was so good to where i didnt want to put it down.
alysa
These books are just fun. I am really enjoying reading them with my daughter and would recommend them to all mothers and daughters. They have opened up great discussions on friends/school/responsibilites/bullies/boys.
I thought this book was really good. I liked how Sahsa and Callie finally got back together but then Callie and Jacob got together. At least Sahsa got Eric. The ending was wonderful ans sweet.
Sps
Horsies and private school mean girls and boy drama. What more could you possibly want, unless they were vampires? And models! OMG!

Whatever.

• My Favorite Mistake (The A Circuit, #2)
  • Eager Star (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #2)
  • A Horse of Her Own
  • The New Class (Chestnut Hill, #1)
  • Risky Chance (Horse Diaries, #7)
  • The Shining Stallion (Phantom Stallion: Wild Horse Island, #2)
  • The Outside of a Horse
  • Koda (Horse Diaries, #3)
  • Dream of Night
  • Paint the Wind
  • Sundancer
Twenty-two year old Jessica Burkhart is a writer from New York City. She’s crazy about horses, lip gloss and all things pink and sparkly. Jess was an equestrian before she started writing. Now, she writes the bi-monthly Canterwood Crest series for Aladdin MIX.
More about Jessica Burkhart...

Canterwood Crest (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Take the Reins (Canterwood Crest, #1)
  • Chasing Blue (Canterwood Crest, #2)
  • Triple Fault
  • Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest, #5)
  • Little White Lies (Canterwood Crest, #6)
  • Rival Revenge (Canterwood Crest, #7)
  • Home Sweet Drama (Canterwood Crest, #8)
  • City Secrets (Canterwood Crest, #9)
  • Elite Ambition (Canterwood Crest, #10)
  • Scandals, Rumors, Lies (Canterwood Crest, #11)
Take the Reins (Canterwood Crest, #1) Chasing Blue (Canterwood Crest, #2) Triple Fault Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest, #5) Little White Lies (Canterwood Crest, #6)