Start by marking “Yotsubato! 4 (Yotsuba&! #4)” as Want to Read:
Yotsubato! 4 (Yotsuba&! #4)

Yotsubato! 4 (Yotsuba&! #4)

4.55  ·  Rating Details ·  2,846 Ratings  ·  89 Reviews
Yotsuba membuat koran sendiri. Topik terhangatnya adalah tentang Fuuka yang putus cinta. Padahal Fuuka sudah wanti-wanti biar Yotsuba merahasiakan masalah itu. Tapi, gara-gara koran Yotsuba, semuanya jadi tahu, deh.
Published January 23rd 2008 by PT. Elex Media Komputindo (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Yotsubato! 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yotsubato! 4

This is going to sound extremely cheesy, but this manga makes me realize how precious life is. Yotsuba's amazement at the simplest things makes me realize how everything is just so full of wonder and excitement. We take so much of our life for granted. I really wish I could have had a childhood like Yotsuba has. Kids that sit around playing video games have no idea what they're missing! Going fishing, making your own newspaper... This is the ideal childhood.
10 May 2013

Oh, Yotsuba, how I love thee . This series makes me happier than a fat kid swimming in ice cream. Yotsuba&!, Vol. 04 had me laughing so much I swear I almost peed myself. Someone, please make this into an anime!

This volume is probably one of my favorites in the series thus far. From the adorable cover to all of Yotsuba's hilarious expressions, this is a book I want to cuddle up to bed with every single night because it gives me joy like unicorns and rainbows.

As usual, the entire v
2 Spooky Sarah
Oct 18, 2010 2 Spooky Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
Originally posted here at Anime Radius.

There is only one constant thing that runs throughout each release of Yotsuba&! and that is fun. The manga is always fun to read and something odd yet interesting is always going on in the life of the young girl Yotsuba. Volume four is no less fun or funny than the previous volumes, and the fact that it has such a consistent quality running through its releases is by itself something to celebrate. A humor series that is always funny, every time? Sign me
Oct 28, 2015 Brian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this volume, we are treated to more madcap adventures with the spunky and fun Yotsuba. The story is laugh out loud funny, and the art is right on point. In this novel, Yotsuba gets some ice cream, helps her neighbor deal with heartbreak and she learns how to fish. Can't wait for the next one!
Ruba AlTurki
Oct 31, 2010 Ruba AlTurki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chapters: 22,23,24,24.5,25,26,27.
Yotsuba is the cutest girl ever. I want to have a daughter just like her when a get older and married!
This girl always wonders about every thing around her and make you feel the miracles in this life for every little thing .
she went Fishing with her father and friends ,she make Dinner with her father and had fun at the super market before that , she learned about love and the broken hearts , she finely knew what's the Tsukutsuku-boushi really is !
Lynn Schlatter
Please bear with me as I take this occasion to talk about one of the things about children that drives us nuts: the fact that they need us to be grown-ups most of the time, even when we don't have all the answers, or don't want to behave consistently, or we want to be silly. Other adults can handle our occasional lack of maturity, but it wreaks havoc with the kids who believe every word we say and don't filter their responses at all.

In Yotsuba&! volume 1, Asagi made a remark to Yotsuba abou
Oct 18, 2016 Jeff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes it sweet
My favorite collection so far. Highly recommended.

I totally identified with Miura at every step in the "Fishing" episode.

Azuma really handled Ena's heartbreak—starting midway and resurfacing near the end—with extra-special care: Yotsuba's mishandling of it provided the much needed comedy relief for Asagi's callousness.

Must one choose between being a milkman or a paperman?

Concluding with a full-blown "Tsukutsukuboshi" tale was super delicious (ie, like a curry). Yotsuba's drawing of her deserve
Sep 28, 2009 Beck rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She's just so darn precious.
Apr 29, 2009 Kricket rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2009
cute cute cute.
Ahmad ameen
Feb 27, 2013 Ahmad ameen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Bored with all those anachronistic action filled stories, just want to relax and enjoy a simple and very funny book. Well, I suggest Yotsuba&. It’s a manga (Japanese comic book) that revolves around a five or six year old somewhat benevolent and energetic girl, and her adventures in her new neighborhood in Japan with her friends and her diligent dad.

Yotsuba is an orphan from another island but only Jumbo (family friend) and her dad knows. Yotsuba’s neighbors Asagi (college stude
Nov 06, 2011 Nicol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hahaha! My humor is that of a nine year old so I really laugh out loud at all of the Yotsuba! stories. The author really nails the imagination of little kids in this painfully honest character. The whole explaining everyday concepts to them that goes right over their heads anyway is so familiar that I feel like I'm reading scenes out of my own life as a parent...My favorite chapter in here is when Yotsuba and her dad go to the store and he forgets his wallet. Yotusuba thinks that means they're g ...more
Jul 10, 2016 Diego rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
En esta nueva (y gratificante) entrega, la pequeña Yotsuba continúa maravillándonos con su percepción del mundo que la rodea. Sin embargo, y a nivel personal, opino que la calidad y originalidad de las tramas se aleja un poco de los tomos anteriores (sobre todo en las últimas historias), no por ello dejando de maravillarnos a los lectores.
Marissa Dame
Page Count: 199

4.5 Stars
PG for name calling
Recommend to 10&up

Yotsuba is a cute, clean manga for all ages. In this book she goes fishing, play rock-paper-scissors, and more! The artwork is well done in this novel, and pretty well detailed. I may have liked book #1 or #5 better, but I am not sure why. I liked the chapter where Yotsuba went to the grocery store. I love manga
Elaine Lin
May 30, 2010 Elaine Lin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is the best Manga series i ever read. Yotsuba is just this little, adorable girl that has the best experiences. She's learning a lot more about the world but in the strangest ways. She learned how to make dinner for her and her dad with the help of her dad. Although it didn't come out nice or close to perfect, her dad was fine with it and they had a nice dinner. I find it so cool how she does such crazy things but everyone finds it cute (i do too) but it's wild. She was going to the ...more
Aug 22, 2007 Zoe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I adore the Yotsuba! books. They have a great innocence and sense of fun to them, as well as being very funny—and not in a way that is at someone else's expense. Well, okay, sometimes it is, but not in a mean way.

Anyway, in this fourth installment, I learned about an interesting variation on rock-paper-scissors which I am almost scared to try out (Yotsuba is not very good at it). The green-haired little monkey also goes fishing, helps her dad go shopping and cook dinner, dresses up as the tsukut
Mayday (m.i.d.e)
Aug 20, 2015 Mayday (m.i.d.e) rated it it was amazing
That part when Yotsuba wanted to start her own newspaper? And insiting that his news was the truth?

I choked.

Btw, after reading Bunny Drop, I kinda screwed my brain. I couldn't help it when my brain offered olderHimeJumbo pairing *I need help*
Denny Ardhianto
Nov 15, 2015 Denny Ardhianto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bacanya dari volume 4, padahal punya volume 1. karena volume 4 kebeli duluan dan dibuka duluan, yaudahdeh, selesaiin yang volume 4 dulu.
Kayaknya nagih ya genre semacam ini, setelah Barakamon. :D
Swety Retna
Jun 10, 2013 Swety Retna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Yotsuba tries to play Rock paper scissors... ha ha :D and what a cruel Dad Koiwai is! He is really has no mercy for Yotsuba! that little girl is also very naive after all.. but that is the thing that makes this story interesting!
I love how the writer create the character for every person in this comic, just like Miura, who act boyish but afraid of so many girly things. Jumbo who is so plain and has a very kind heart, so easily moved. Koiwai is a very unreasonable person, ridiculous, and all but
Jul 31, 2016 Elise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I must have already read, like, 90% of this volume before but I didn't even care because it was so funny and the good parts were even better the second time around!
Dec 09, 2015 Tazendra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading #5 currently! Seriously, if I was in the mood for some manga, what could be better than Yotsuba&! to take me into a different new world??? I even learned some facts about Japan in Yotsuba&!, some of which I envy.

AWESOME!!! SO glad it EXISTS!!
May 17, 2015 Olesya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just cannot stop reading these! Beyond adorable. Tear-inducing laughter. Pure joy. What more can you ask?! Love it!
Johara Almogbel
Oct 20, 2014 Johara Almogbel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Did I mention how awesome her dad is? Because he is. EEK I HAVE TO STOP READING THESE HOW MANY VOLUMES ARE THERE?
Yotsuba is just so sweet and innocent- full of life and joy. I would love to have her in my life.
Jason Thayer
Oct 06, 2014 Jason Thayer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I like about Kiyohiko Azuma is that he gets childhood. Whether it's Yotsuba or Osaka, his children are so engaging and vibrant. I always enjoy their exploits.
Fuuka has a broken heart. Yotsuba can cheer anyone up. She cannot, however, keep a secret.
Harun Harahap
Yah, Jumbo nya dikit banget. Padahal pengin ngikik liat tingkah konyolnya si Jumbo..
Oct 12, 2016 Grg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fuuka's dad: "I will not forgive the boy who gave you heartbreak." Me either!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Series keeps getting cuter with each volume. Liking this so far.
Sammy C
Feb 02, 2016 Sammy C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You just have to laugh when you read this...
Jan 19, 2016 Eric rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
children are only acceptable in Yotsuba form
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3
  • Mushishi, Vol. 7
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, Vol. 6
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 2
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 2 (A Bride's Story, #2)
  • Love★Com, Vol. 6
  • Hikaru no Go, Vol. 13: First Professional Match (Hikaru no Go, #13)
Kiyohiko Azuma (東清彦 or あずま きよひこ Azuma Kiyohiko) is a Japanese manga author and artist. His most well-known work is Azumanga Daioh. His current series is Yotsuba&!, which is serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh magazine.
More about Kiyohiko Azuma...

Yotsuba&! (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 (Yotsuba&! #1)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 (Yotsuba&! #2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 06 (Yotsuba&! #6)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 07 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • Yotsuba, tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 09 (Yotsuba&! #9)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • ¡Yotsuba! Vol. 11 (Yotsuba&! #11)