Sweeter Than Wine (Brotherhood of Blood, #4)

Sweeter Than Wine (Brotherhood of Blood #4)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  772 ratings  ·  23 reviews

An abused woman has the power to unite werefolk, fey and vampire against an evil that would see them all dead—if she can learn to love again.

Christy lies near death after a brutal beating by her estranged husband. Her preternatural friends reach a desperate conclusion: The only way to save her is to turn her. Sebastian steps forward to take on the burden of being her Make

Published (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sweeter Than Wine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweeter Than Wine

Julie (jjmachshev)
Whoo hoo! Way hot vampires, weres, and even a fae to keep you sizzling on a cold winter's night (or any other night for that matter). Bianca D'Arc has moved onto my must-buy list with her sensual stories about mythical creatures and their search for love. "Sweeter Than Wine" is the follow-on story to "Lords of the Were", but you don't need to have read the first one to enjoy this one.

When Christy gathers the courage to ask her husband for a divorce, he delivers a fatal beating. While her friends...more
Mary
This is the best of the series so far. As a full novel there is much more happening and the series is set up for a major battle that has not yet occurred by the end of the sixth. I hope there will be, at least, one major novel remaining to wrap things up... I would hate to miss out on the battle where the women will be the protagonists in the battle of good versus evil.

I really enjoyed how Sebastian was there for Christy, putting her future needs of empowerment and self-protection ahead of his o...more
Cindyg
Wow this was one hot sexy steamy read with a great story and great cast of characters. I felt for Christy and was proud of her ability to overcome her fears of an abusive husband. Sebastian is one hell of a vampire who truly loves this woman and is willing to do whatever it takes to keep her safe, strong and confident. His sacrifice for the woman he loves is overwhelming...in comes Matt, a Were and a wonderful one at that. Together he and Sebastian will oversee her transformation and make sure t...more
Maya
Ok, so I noticed that the book is not marketed as part of a series, and really if you read it as a stand alone it works, however, if you want to get the maximum out of it then you need to first read the following books in the order I put them and then read it:

Tales of the Were 01 - Lords of the Were

Jul 29, 2014 Lady S rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All who enjoy a good PNR
Shelves: favorites
Dawn
Bianca my dear, you've done it again!!! This book was a great one!!! just like the rest of the series...i guess its on to book 5 or 6 cant remember which one this was!!!
gremlin
I enjoyed this. I'd already read the other five Brotherhood of Blood stories, and the first two Tales of the Were books, so I was all caught up on the magical doings that get mentioned as happening elsewhere.

Though Christy starts off nearly beaten to death by the husband she wanted to divorce, her friends agree that she needs to be made a vampire to save her life, and soon she's got a new life.

Her sire is Sebastian, who has wanted her since he first saw her but stayed away since she was married....more
MK
Compared to the first three books of this series, Sweeter than Wine has a lot more content, action, and as usual a double dose of sweetness between the couple that makes me cringe. At last, it have a plot other than the vampires finding their mate, changing them and happily live in the darkness. Christy's character change is a bit refreshing, as we once know her in the other books as a bit shy, and unsure of herself. Sebastian is a new character that is just introduced to this book.

Anyway, I li...more
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
A story about love and sacrifices that will leave you smiling and fanning yourself! I enjoyed "Sweeter Than Wine". I have read the other Brotherhood of Blood stories and can say this one got my attention. It has a good story line and plot with lots of action. The first three books I had a hard time believing in the quick love. This one was not rushed and had more depth to it. I felt the characters connect. Plus we get a bunch of new creatures added to the mix and some great action.
jD
I think this is a series but am not sure since the books are not numbered or referred to as part of a series. It is clear with this book that at least two should have preceeded it. None the less, too erotic and the drama is weak. I like the vamps and weres although they were not unique.
Emily
I read the electronic version of this book. It took forever for the main couple to finally get the action on together. It begins by the heroine going at it with someone else. The romance between the main couple is great and I look forward to seeing what happens as the series and plots progress.
C.j.
Really really enjoyed this. The story was fab as were all the characters. I loved the connection between Sabastian, Christy and Matt. I hope Matt gets his own story and I have an inkling it wil involve a certain lawyer. Very best of the series.
Lelyana Taufik
as some erotica books, this book full of bed scene...nice to read after the rain hahahahahaha
Anita
just as good as the other books of this series .....enjoyed it very much ....
Annelise
Loved it! This author knows how to reel in the readers!
Anne
Not too bad, but there are some big boring parts.
Erotic Horizon
Sweeter Than Wine by Bianca D'Arc (2008)
Janel
it was interesting i enjoyed it a lot!!!
KindleJo Jo
not my fav of the series, but still good
Delta
Apr 22, 2014 Delta rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers of Tales of the Were series
Patricie
Patricie marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Pene
Pene is currently reading it
Sep 13, 2014
  • Called by Blood (The Faustin Bros., #1)
  • Lux in Shadow (Children of the Goddess, #2)
  • Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4)
  • Wolf Unbound (Cascadia Wolves, #4)
  • Mating Claire (Sea Island Wolves, #1)
  • Seeing Eye Mate (Mates, #1)
  • Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)
  • Conception (The Others, #1)
  • Vampire Vintage
  • Heart and Soul (The Hunters, #9 and #10)
  • Candid Camera (Were Watching, #1)
  • Passionate Realities
  • I Want You To Want Me (New Orleans Vampires, #2)
  • Storm Warning (Triple Trouble, #2)
  • Night's Promise (Club Strigoi, #3)
Bianca enjoys mixing her real-world knowledge of science with imaginary worlds in her writing. A former chemist, she tends to mix genres, concentrating most of her writing in the paranormal, sci fi, fantasy and futuristic realms, with some contemporary and urban fantasy thrown in for fun."
More about Bianca D'Arc...
Lords of the Were (Tales of the Were, #1) One and Only (Brotherhood of Blood, #1) Maiden Flight (Dragon Knights, #1) Rocky (Tales of the Were, #3, The Others, #1) The Ice Dragon (Dragon Knights, #3)