Start by marking “Sweeter Than Wine (Brotherhood of Blood, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sweeter Than Wine (Brotherhood of Blood, #4)

Sweeter Than Wine (Brotherhood of Blood #4)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  1,049 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews

An abused woman has the power to unite werefolk, fey and vampire against an evil that would see them all dead—if she can learn to love again.

Christy lies near death after a brutal beating by her estranged husband. Her preternatural friends reach a desperate conclusion: The only way to save her is to turn her. Sebastian steps forward to take on the burden of being her Make

Published (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sweeter Than Wine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweeter Than Wine

Julie (jjmachshev)
Whoo hoo! Way hot vampires, weres, and even a fae to keep you sizzling on a cold winter's night (or any other night for that matter). Bianca D'Arc has moved onto my must-buy list with her sensual stories about mythical creatures and their search for love. "Sweeter Than Wine" is the follow-on story to "Lords of the Were", but you don't need to have read the first one to enjoy this one.

When Christy gathers the courage to ask her husband for a divorce, he delivers a fatal beating. While her friends
May 24, 2014 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bianca my dear, you've done it again!!! This book was a great one!!! just like the rest of the series...i guess its on to book 5 or 6 cant remember which one this was!!!
This is the best of the series so far. As a full novel there is much more happening and the series is set up for a major battle that has not yet occurred by the end of the sixth. I hope there will be, at least, one major novel remaining to wrap things up... I would hate to miss out on the battle where the women will be the protagonists in the battle of good versus evil.

I really enjoyed how Sebastian was there for Christy, putting her future needs of empowerment and self-protection ahead of his o
Jun 07, 2010 Cindyg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this was one hot sexy steamy read with a great story and great cast of characters. I felt for Christy and was proud of her ability to overcome her fears of an abusive husband. Sebastian is one hell of a vampire who truly loves this woman and is willing to do whatever it takes to keep her safe, strong and confident. His sacrifice for the woman he loves is comes Matt, a Were and a wonderful one at that. Together he and Sebastian will oversee her transformation and make sure t ...more
Feb 03, 2010 Maya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, bianca-darc
Ok, so I noticed that the book is not marketed as part of a series, and really if you read it as a stand alone it works, however, if you want to get the maximum out of it then you need to first read the following books in the order I put them and then read it:

Tales of the Were 01 - Lords of the Were

Jul 29, 2014 Lady S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All who enjoy a good PNR
Shelves: favorites
Aug 15, 2016 Risana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The blurb was sweet. It had lots of potential so despite being a little disappointed in the previous story in this series I went ahead and read. It was the most tedious thing to do. Ever.

At first the hero is sweet and I'm all into him until he instructs the heroine... to sleep with... another man. Isn't romance supposed to be about how one person is so in love and possessive of you that they will do anything for you and to keep you safe?

I understood the logic the author was using but the premis
Carol Reddy
Jan 01, 2016 Carol Reddy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 4. A longer book than the first 3 is the tale of Sebastian and Christy. Christy is in an abusive marriage leading to a hospital visit with a final outcome. Sebastian having met and being aware of his serious attraction to her saves her life by becoming her maker. He is determined to give her everything she needs so she'll never be a victim again. Throw in a really powerful bad guy and some werefolk and you get a great read! Can't wait for what's next!
Sep 22, 2012 gremlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this. I'd already read the other five Brotherhood of Blood stories, and the first two Tales of the Were books, so I was all caught up on the magical doings that get mentioned as happening elsewhere.

Though Christy starts off nearly beaten to death by the husband she wanted to divorce, her friends agree that she needs to be made a vampire to save her life, and soon she's got a new life.

Her sire is Sebastian, who has wanted her since he first saw her but stayed away since she was married.
Mar 12, 2016 Tairu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Valió la pena dejarme llevar por mi "masoquismo literario" este estuvo mucho mejor y muchooo... me enamore de Sebastián y Matt, que afortunada es Christy y todo ese asunto de los Were, los Fey y demás se puso muy interesante.
Compared to the first three books of this series, Sweeter than Wine has a lot more content, action, and as usual a double dose of sweetness between the couple that makes me cringe. At last, it have a plot other than the vampires finding their mate, changing them and happily live in the darkness. Christy's character change is a bit refreshing, as we once know her in the other books as a bit shy, and unsure of herself. Sebastian is a new character that is just introduced to this book.

Anyway, I li
Theresa Hurley
Great book and series! Really loved it!
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
A story about love and sacrifices that will leave you smiling and fanning yourself! I enjoyed "Sweeter Than Wine". I have read the other Brotherhood of Blood stories and can say this one got my attention. It has a good story line and plot with lots of action. The first three books I had a hard time believing in the quick love. This one was not rushed and had more depth to it. I felt the characters connect. Plus we get a bunch of new creatures added to the mix and some great action.
Jan 31, 2014 Kristy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Jun 13, 2009 jD rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is a series but am not sure since the books are not numbered or referred to as part of a series. It is clear with this book that at least two should have preceeded it. None the less, too erotic and the drama is weak. I like the vamps and weres although they were not unique.
Apr 12, 2008 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I read the electronic version of this book. It took forever for the main couple to finally get the action on together. It begins by the heroine going at it with someone else. The romance between the main couple is great and I look forward to seeing what happens as the series and plots progress.
Jun 21, 2013 C.J. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vamp-type-favs
Really really enjoyed this. The story was fab as were all the characters. I loved the connection between Sabastian, Christy and Matt. I hope Matt gets his own story and I have an inkling it wil involve a certain lawyer. Very best of the series.
as some erotica books, this book full of bed scene...nice to read after the rain hahahahahaha
Sep 12, 2013 Anita rated it it was amazing
just as good as the other books of this series .....enjoyed it very much ....
Sep 20, 2013 Annelise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! This author knows how to reel in the readers!
May 08, 2012 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2012-bir
Not too bad, but there are some big boring parts.
Erotic Horizon
Aug 16, 2008 Erotic Horizon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweeter Than Wine by Bianca D'Arc (2008)
Jul 31, 2011 Janel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was interesting i enjoyed it a lot!!!
KindleJo Jo
Oct 28, 2012 KindleJo Jo rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
not my fav of the series, but still good
Jessica Gomez
Aug 27, 2014 Jessica Gomez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a nice story.
Re-Read August 2012
Apr 22, 2014 Delta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers of Tales of the Were series
Morin marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2016
  • Lux in Shadow (Children of the Goddess, #2)
  • Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4; Poconos Pack, #0.5)
  • Conception (The Others, #1)
  • Triad (Witches Knot, #1)
  • Called by Blood (The Faustin Bros., #1)
  • I Dream of Dragons, Volume 1
  • Fallon's Revenge
  • Nikolai's Wolf (True Mates, #3)
  • The Soft Edge of Midnight (Keepers of Twilight #1)
  • Seeing Eye Mate (Mates, #1)
  • I Want You To Want Me (New Orleans Vampires, #2)
  • Seeking Pack Redemption (Pack, #3)
Bianca enjoys mixing her real-world knowledge of science with imaginary worlds in her writing. A former chemist, she tends to mix genres, concentrating most of her writing in the paranormal, sci fi, fantasy and futuristic realms, with some contemporary and urban fantasy thrown in for fun."
More about Bianca D'Arc...

Brotherhood of Blood (7 books)
  • One and Only (Lords of the Were Universe, #2; Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
  • Rare Vintage (Lords of the Were Universe, #3; Brotherhood of Blood, #2)
  • Phantom Desires (Lords of the Were Universe, #5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3)
  • Forever Valentine (Lords of the Were Universe, #8; Brotherhood of Blood, #4.5)
  • Wolf Hills (Lords of the Were Universe, #10; Brotherhood of Blood, #5)
  • Wolf Quest (Lords of the Were Universe, #13; Brotherhood of Blood, #7)