Start by marking “Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson #1)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  15,569 ratings  ·  1,337 reviews
Published March 31st 2009 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs

Amanda
Sometimes I think there is a checklist being passed around among writers of vampiric fiction, a kind of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Vampire Fiction, if you will. If so, this novel ticks off the following standard hallmarks:

--two possible love interests (one noble and one a scrappy rogue) for our female vampire
--creation of a synthetic blood substitute so vampires don't have to kill to get sustenance
--the vampire community "coming out" while other supernatural creatures (werewolves, wit
UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

Audio Book Review

Regarding the Story:

Nice Girls Don’t Have Fangs is the first book in Molly Harper’s Jane Jameson series, a cross between Contemporary and Paranormal Romance, with just a tiny hint of Chick-Lit.

Jane Jameson is an unemployed librarian and newly turned vampire, living in the quirky small town of Half Moon Hollow. Vampires have been ‘out of the closet’ for a while now, and in this first book of the series, we follow Jane as she acclimates to her life as an undead.

There are plenty
Kat Kennedy
The little dot that sits on top of the i is called a 'tittle'. I don't know how I went through my entire life without this piece of information but I'm now planning to slip it into conversation somewhere.

Like this book could have been great but it's like the author wrote a perfect sentence and left out her tittles.

It's not that I actually had any expectations for this book. The title is Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs and it has a kind of trashy cover. I was really just impressed that it didn't stum
Tabs
Mar 15, 2010 Tabs rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No
Shelves: vampires
Karla

4 Stars! Molly Harper writes the kind of humor I love and Amanda Ronconi's narration makes it even funnier!

Set in Half Moon Hollow, Kentucky, this quirky town breeds some of the most amusing characters. In Molly Harper's paranormal world, mankind is aware that vampires exist, and for the most part they are accepting, but not everyone.

Jane Jameson isn't having a good day, she just lost her job, and after being shot on her way home, she wakes to find out she is now one of the undead. Life just
Julie (jjmachshev)
If you prefer your vampires with loads of humor and chicklit style, then "Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs" by Molly Harper should be right up your alley. The author is a former humor columnist and is shows in the snark and hilarity that's part and parcel of this book.

Jane Jameson is almost as dull as her name. She's a book-loving librarian who lives just a few miles from her parents and whose dating life could be its own humor series. But nothing can compare to being fired, getting drunk, shot to de
Nika (Off to Neverland)
I love books like this! Where the heroine has a kick-ass sense of humor no matter what. This was one of those books where you were laughing out loud! :D

Jane Jameson was having a bad day. She was fired so that her manager's niece could replace her, and after drinking a bit too much, she was shot. By someone who thought she was a deer. She wakes up three days later as a vampire. Saying Jane's average life changed is a bit of an understatement govna. (Stole that one from Easy A.)

Jane was just amazi
FlibBityFLooB
This was a snarky, light-hearted paranormal book. I enjoyed the author's style and will be continuing the series. I liked how the author included snippets from the GUIDE FOR THE NEWLY UNDEAD book at the beginning of each chapter.

One of my favorite bits in this book takes place in Chapter 5. Jane, a brand new vampire, goes to visit her best friend to tell him what she has become. She is greeted with him repeatedly saying things like: "The power of Christ compels you" and violence. They take it
Mandi Schreiner
Jane Jameson gets mistaken for a deer by a drunk guy and ends up a vampire – not quite the way she pictured her life to turn out. Jane lives in a small town and for the most part lives a small life. She loves working in the library, loves her old house that her aunt Jettie bequeathed to her in her will. She hasn’t had much of a love life, but her best friend Zeb keeps her company and her dog Fitz (named after Darcy Fitzwilliam – I heart her already!) is the joy in her life.

So after being fired f
Theshrewedshrew
Oh my god. I think I oughta rate this book, in how many times I have fallen out of my chair thus far. So far 2 times.

1 the movie. Her life flashing before her eyes.

2 the keys was me.

3 the black widow.

4 the only reason bob wants to marry grandmother is he realizes its a form of legal assisted suicide.

5 have you tried not being a vampire.

6 oh yeah... Dick Cheney

After i layed down last night and truly got reading I died laughing from a ton of things. Just most were at the first half of the boo
Merve  Özcan
Vampirler insanlar tarafından biliyor. Walmart ta onların ihtiyaçlarına hizmet eden özel bölümler bile var. Gerçekten ilginç ;)

Jane kütüphaneci olduğu işinden kovulduğu gün bir geyik ile karıştırılıp vuruluyor. Ölmek üzereyken seksi bir vampir olan Gabriel geliyor ve ona hayatını değiştirecek bir seçenek sunuyor.

3 gün sonra Jane bir vampir olarak uyanıyor ve yeni hayatına alışmaya çalışırken tavana tırnakları ile tutunuyoyor, en iyi arkadaşını ısırmaktan son anda geri dönüyor. Üstüne üstlük bir
Lisa Kay
Jane’s Secret Unicorn Collection?

(This is a review of the audiobook.) The first in the Jane Jameson series is wonderfully narrated by Amanda Ronconi; she does the snarky inflection of Jane’s first person POV just right. I think the biggest problem I had with this book was I wasn’t in the mood for snarky. (I know, I know! But, it was on my iPod/Touch and I couldn't get to what I wanted.) Too bad. Maybe at another time. Ditto with continuing the series: maybe later. I know I like this author; how
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: 4.5 stars

So much fun – that’s what I kept thinking reading this first book in the Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper. Jane is a typical single female, but her worst day ever starts out the story. She’s let go from her job as a librarian, she gets drunk later that night at bar. On her way home, her car breaks down, she gets out to walk only to trip and fall into ditch, only to then be shot by a drunk who mistook her for a deer. A man she met
Catherine
Lexie
The very top of the first page of the first chapter I found a quote I wanted to use. I figured 'Haven't done it before, but hell why not? This deserves it!' and marked (with a post-it tab) it and moved on to read more. Within ten pages I found another two quotes. Before I hit chapter 5 I had more neon post-it tabs sticking out of my book then a Las Vegas casino sign has lights. That's when I gave up keeping track and just kept reading. Jane is hilarious. I know she comments that she wasn't so sp ...more
Jessica B
Not bad! Pretty funny in parts and overall it was pretty enjoyable. I liked the characters even if the plot was lacking a little bit.

Jane was turned into a vampire after gettign shot by a drunk hunter. Right after that I knew I was going to love her. She was a hoot most of the time. Watching her deal with her vampirism and come to terms with it was somewhat inspiring.

Gabriel our hero was a little over protective of his "child" (being Jane) and it was kind of cute. Although we got to see anothe
Lisa D. Smith (Lissa Smith Reads)
I cannot remember laughing aloud as I did with Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs sense Dakota Cassidy. Molly Harper is hysterically funny with one of the best comic heroes I have met in a long time. I love MH’s writing it is quick and witty, and the humor never seems forced. The secondary characters are engaging and funny, and the Southern culture and stereotypes add color to the book.

Ellie
May 17, 2010 Ellie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ellie by: Goodreads search gone wrong
OOOOEEEEYYYYAAAWWWW!!! (Excited scream, screech or yell? I'll leave that up to you)

This book was so much fun! Perhaps a weird thing to say about a book, but it perfectly describes this story. Jane = hilarious. When I was studying for the GRE my favourite vocabulary word was caustic. Jane is caustic, and so hilariously inappropriate.

The book reminded me of Harris' Sookie series because it is based in a society where Vamps are out, so I think there could be some criticisms based on that. But reall
Aly is so frigging bored
Main characters:
Jane Jameson
Gabriel, Jane’s sire
Zeb, her friend
Richard "Dick" Cheney

What I Liked: This is a comedy and, in a way, also a parody of all the vampire books out there. Jane, as you saw in the blurb is an honest to God librarian. She suffers an untimely accident and to keep her from dying Gabriel changes her into a vampire. After this she tries to adapt to the life, and for us, the readers, is hilarious. The writer has a tongue-in-cheek style that is very attractive. I loved “The Gu
Lisa
Molly Harper does not disappoint in the humor department. I laughed my arse off throughout this book! It reminded me a bit of Queen Betsy except that Jane isn't a diva with a shoe addiction. Jane is a sweetheart librarian, a "nice girl", whose life is turned in a way that will change her dietary needs and sleep habits. The characters are all colorful and funny, even the bad ones. Where does Harper come up with all these hysterical lines and scenarios?!

"I will not drink it in a house, I will not
DarienMoya
^^JANE IS PURE AWESOME!!^^

Meet Jane Jameson, librarian extraordinaire, an avid collector of unicorn figurines and some serious quotes in referral to Jane Austen and I did I mention she is a newly turned vampire. The night life just got interesting with this firecracker. What a good time.

Jane Jameson is having a very bad day; she just got fired from her job as being a librarian, a job that she loves because books are her everything. She deals with the sadness by getting drunk and hashing out her
Veronica Belmont
I was worried, like many others, that this would be a blatant Sookie Stackhouse rip-off. I'm sure the author gets that a lot, and frankly, it's undeserved. This book (I listened in audio form) is filled with wry humor and a fun new take on the vampire coming-of-age story. Jane Jameson is a likable and relatable heroine, in many ways reacting far more convincingly to vampires in her world than the Bellas and Sookies.

As far as fun Summer reading goes, this series is off to a good start for me!
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
Officially, I'm giving this only a 3 rating, but for the purpose of GR (and the fact that I chuckled more than once,) I am rounding up.

Cute, fluffy paranormal vampire read- like a beach book. Fun, flirty, and distinctive Southern flair. But on the bad side of the coin, cliche', cloying, and repetitive.

Haven't decided if I'll continue or not. Probably will, but only by getting later books in the series via library rather than investing anything more into owning them.
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict
Love Molly Harper's humor. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Jane Stewart
I was hoping to laugh a lot, but it wasn’t a good fit for me. Lovers of snarky humor might enjoy it more.

STORY BRIEF:
Jane is a librarian. She is fired so her boss can hire an incompetent relative. Jane gets drunk and trips by the side of the road. Another drunk thinks she’s a deer and shoots her. Gabriel, a nearby vampire turns Jane into a vampire to save her from death. The rest of the book is about Jane complaining and reacting to annoying and/or unfortunate events with slightly snarky sarcasm
Lynette
NICE GIRLS DON'T HAVE FANGS was a witty, engaging story with interesting characters. I enjoyed reading NICE GIRLS DON'T HAVE FANGS, and laughed out loud several times. It really is funny. If you're looking for a light, fun paranormal read, NICE GIRLS DON'T HAVE FANGS is it. However, having stated that, NICE GIRLS DON'T HAVE FANGS is a perfect example of why I don't read a lot of paranormal romance anymore.

WARNING: MINOR SIDE NOTE THAT'S SORT OF RELATED.

Have I stated that I read romance novels si
Nicole
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
Originally posted at The Book NymphoI've had this series on my TBR list for a while and after reading How to Flirt With a Naked Werewolf by Harper I knew that I had to move this series up my reading list. Then my lovely husband got me a 12 months membership to Audible.com for my birthday, so Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs was my 1st "purchase".

I love thesarcastic humor that Harper uses in her books. Nice Girls is a fun light-hearted read with mystery and romance set in the South were vamps are ou
Donita Luz
How nice it is to get out of your comfort zone once in a while.

FULL REVIEW TO COME
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Jane Jameson lives a pretty low-key life in her hometown, Half Moon Hollow. She loves her job as the juvenile librarian at the local library, so when she’s let go due to budget constraints, Jane has one too many drinks at the local bar. Although a mysterious stranger helps her sober up, on the way home, Jane is mistaken for a deer and shot dead by another local. Luckily, Gabriel, the stranger, was following Jane to make sure she made it home, and he offers her the choice of eternal life as a vam ...more
  • The Undead in My Bed (Includes: Midnight Liaisons #1.5, Dark Ones #10.5, Half Moon Hollow #2.5)
  • I'm the Vampire, That's Why (Broken Heart, #1)
  • Dead If I Do (Garnet Lacey, #4)
  • Just One Bite (Dead End Dating, #4)
  • Real Vampires Have Curves (Glory St. Clair, #1)
  • Bitten & Smitten (Immortality Bites, #1)
  • 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Hex, #1)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • High Stakes (Vegas Vampires, #1)
  • Fangs for the Memories (Young Brothers, #1)
My mother remembers an 8-year-old me setting up my “writing office” in our living room by putting her old manual typewriter on the couch next to a toy phone. And I (very slowly) pecked out the story of my third-grade class taking a trip around the world and losing a kid in each city.

I had a dark sense of humor, even then.

In high school, when other girls my age were writing poems about dying unicor
More about Molly Harper...

Jane Jameson (4 books)
  • Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson, #2)
  • Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Jane Jameson, #3)
  • Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4)
How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #1) Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Jane Jameson, #3) Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson, #2) The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow, #1) Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4)

“I am your sire. I am to guide you through your first days as a vampire. Your first feeding is a rite of passage, a sacrament. It will not be wasted on some hormone-driven frenzy. This is why I wanted you to feed from me.”
“I will not drink it in a house, I will not drink it with a mouse. I will not drink it here or there, I will not drink it anywhere,” I wheezed, hoping I was able to communicate adequate sarcasm through the crippling belly cramps.
“Did you just quote Green Eggs and Ham?”
148 likes
“If you want to hurt me fine. Take my books. Burn down my house. Shave my head while I'm sleeping. But nobody nobody screws with my dog.” 69 likes