Start by marking “Becoming (Red Rock Pass, #0)” as Want to Read:
Becoming (Red Rock Pass, #0)

Becoming (Red Rock Pass 0)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  242 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Forty years before Cry Sanctuary...

Samantha Hamilton hasn't had an easy introduction to life as a werewolf. The man who turned her did everything in his power to control her, but the undeniable strength that makes her an alpha kept her alive and fighting long enough for help to arrive. But now that she's tucked away in the quiet sanctuary of Red Rock under the watchful eye
Published June 2008

To ask other readers questions about Becoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming

Steph
Jan 29, 2012 Steph rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
Really enjoyed this story. I wish it would have been longer because even in this short time I already loved Gavin and Sammie. I hope we still get to see them in the next books. I am looking forward to reading the rest of this series.
Katie_la_geek
Sep 14, 2013 Katie_la_geek rated it liked it
Shelves: adult

For this review and more visit my blog

Becoming is a short, sweet, clean romance that was more an opening to a series than a book of its own. Mostly I enjoyed it but the length was a problem, by the time I got into it I was on the last pages.

I really would have loved a little more of this book. I really liked the storyline it was sweet and sad and I wanted to learn more. The characters were also great. Samantha had been through so much and it was great to see her get over that and move on with he
Maria
May 16, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it
Shelves: werewolves
“Becoming” is a novella by Moira Rogers and it’s a prequel to the Red Rock Pass series that I intend to read. The story is about Samantha, a young woman, who became werewolf against her will by an abusive man who later became her husband, also against her will. She had an awful life until her rescue but she is afraid of all the alpha males. Then, in the house where she lives temporally, she meets another alpha, Gavin. He is just the opposite of what she was expecting. And he wants to protect her ...more
Kelly
Jun 27, 2010 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
A short story based 40 years before the events in Cry Sanctuary. It turned out to be a pretty complex read. Considering that I felt that book #1 was a little unsatisfying, I'm going to chalk this into the win category. Taking the Alpha that abused Abby in book #1 and some hints he dropped that Sam (Gavin's mate) had once been under his control, this story actually starts once Sam has broken free of his clutches. Rescued and brought to Red Rock Pass, Sam has to face the fact that not all Alphas a ...more
gert
Dec 10, 2010 gert rated it liked it
go to author's site and get this puppy and another short story bundled for free (.99 at amazon).

'becoming' is a quick look at the two alpha's at red rock. its a prequel to the whole series. its short, but does give you some back story on the two strong leaders of the sanctuary. their story seems like its got lots of juice, so i'll be interested to see if we hear more of their history in future books.

'little things' is another short read. its in two parts - the first part falls after 'becoming' a
SheLove2Read
Jul 05, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010
This is the prequel to Cry Sanctuary. It takes place during the time when Samantha, the current female pack alpha, is first brought to safety in Red Rock Pass, and her romance with Gavin, the pack Alpha male wolf. Samantha and Gavin's romance is understated but very sensual. Very much enjoyed it and wished the author had made it a full length novel.

We also get to see Keith, the hero from Cry Sanctuary, as a little boy and he's just as sweet as a child as he is dominant as a man. He takes Samant
Laurie Bongiorno
Apr 29, 2012 Laurie Bongiorno rated it liked it
Short beginning to a new series. Hard to tell how it will go with such a brief start. This did include the beginning of the next book and already I was bothered by them mentioning the alpha suddenly was talking about how old he was and gray hair when the first book sounded like they would not really age. maybe it will become clearer in the next book.
Yui
Oct 26, 2012 Yui rated it liked it
Sucked me in right from the start. I ended too quickly though and didn't get a good resolution which may be because it's an intro novella. Well,I can't swear at it and give 1 star for sheer vindictiveness since it worked so well that I can't wait to start on the next one despite my many promises to do something productive on my rest day.
Thenia
Jan 06, 2014 Thenia rated it liked it
The introduction to the Red Rock Pass pack, where abused werewolves can find a sanctuary. This is the story of the alpha pair.
Apr 15, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book, its only 45 pages long which is a shame because i wanted to read more about the couple and the story to carry on.

Katrina
Sep 20, 2010 Katrina rated it it was amazing
Would love this to have been a full length novel to find out more about the happy ending :) great short read ! Really enjoyed sam and Gavins characters romance was sweet .
Angela
Sep 20, 2010 Angela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I really enjoyed this short story, had me sucked in from the first page. Now I need to read the series. Can't wait to order them.
Laura DeSimone
Nov 30, 2013 Laura DeSimone rated it it was amazing
Shelves: moira-rogers
I loved reading Samantha and Gavin's story. It gives insight into the people they would become.
Cheryl Archbold
Apr 13, 2011 Cheryl Archbold rated it liked it
Nice short story about how the alpha mates got started. Great freebie from her site :)
Nyimah
Apr 04, 2011 Nyimah rated it really liked it
I like Sam it was nice to read about her begining and Keith :)
Shiran
Feb 02, 2012 Shiran rated it really liked it
A nice intro into a new series. I will definitely be reading it!
Suz
Aug 02, 2011 Suz rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
Excellent short story prequel. Made me want more.
✼Danielle✼
Read 17th February 2013

Gavin and Samantha
Bookwatcher
Jul 07, 2010 Bookwatcher marked it as to-read
Free download (Moira Rogers Blog)
Bea
Just as good the second time around.
Kris H.
Aug 20, 2011 Kris H. rated it it was amazing
A nice little freebie.
Kristine Bridges
Kristine Bridges marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Konny
Konny marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2015
Wendy Putnam waters
Wendy Putnam waters marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
  • Wolf Tracks (Granite Lake Wolves, #4)
  • Destined Mate (Werewolf Mates, #1)
  • Dark Succession (True Mates, #2)
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • Escaped (Running In Fear, #1)
  • Lucien and Serenity
  • Catharsis
  • Free Fall (My Immortals #4.5)
  • Bottoms Up (Come Again, #1)
  • By the Book
  • To Challenge A Dragon (Dragon Kin, #1)
  • In a Wolf's Eyes
  • The Zero Dog War (Zero Dog Missions, #1)
  • Watching Her Every Move (Wolf’s Seduction, #1)
  • Wolves Dressed as Men
  • Roped In (Bondage Ranch, #1)
  • Slave to Passion (A Tale of Shar, #1)
  • Tooth and Claw
How do you make a Moira Rogers? Take a former forensic science and nursing student obsessed with paranormal romance and add a computer programmer with a passion for gritty urban fantasy. Toss in a dash of whimsy and a lot of caffeine, and enjoy with a side of chocolate by the light of the full moon.

By day, Bree and Donna are mild-mannered ladies who reside in the Deep South. At night, when their h
More about Moira Rogers...

Red Rock Pass (4 books)
  • Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1)
  • Sanctuary Lost (Red Rock Pass, #2)
  • Sanctuary's Price (Red Rock Pass, #3)
  • Sanctuary Unbound (Red Rock Pass, #4)