Instinctive (Eternal Pleasure, #1)

Instinctive (Eternal Pleasure #1)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  21 reviews
In Fox's titillating new series we enter Serene, a supernatural playground where sexy shape shifters live behind the white picket fences...

Free spirited Jaclyn Vasenty is about to inherit a cosmetics empire, yet her scandalous personal history may ruin her chance for a corporate take-over. Saying goodbye to her naughty ways, she moves into a quaint gated community in Seren...more
Published October 6th 2009 by NAL Trade

Cry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsSlave to Sensation by Nalini SinghBitten by Kelley ArmstrongDragon Bound by Thea Harrison
Werewolf and Shifter Romance
302nd out of 550 books — 721 voters
The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonTaking a Shot by Jaci BurtonChanging the Game by Jaci BurtonBearing All by Tiffinie HelmerLover Mine by J.R. Ward
Cover-Only Male Chests-All Genres
154th out of 230 books — 64 voters

More lists with this book...

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

Instinctive is definitely a job well done by Ms. Fox. Having read other books by her and being used to her contemporary erotica I have to say I liked her paranormal better!

Let me give you a warning for when you pick this up and start reading it. This book start off with a bang, and I mean that in the most literal way possible! I was a bit shocked about finding our heroine in a sex club basically having a threesome in front a a lot of the club goers. But...more
Katie(babs)
Jaclyn Vasenty is making some big changes in her life. The privileged Chicago socialite is giving up all vices, which mainly includes kinky sex, and turning over a new life. She owes so much to her adopted parents who rescued her from foster care. Now it’s time for Jaclyn to turn her back on her deep sexual nature and take over as the head of her family’s company, Vasenty Cosmetics, and save one of their stores from closing in the small town of Serene, New Hampshire.

Things in Serene are not what...more
Jeanette
This is the first book I've read by this author and I am glad to have read it. I was a little reluctant to read it at first because I was just so over the "me tarzan, you jane" scenarios that usually take place in paranormal romances with the alpha males. The "erotica" portion becomes a dud because the mating is always the same. Not in this book. The sex scenes were changed up and the little girl on girl action added to the flair. The storyline was different so I appreciated that as well. It was...more
Valkyrie
I'd probably give it 3 1/2 stars. I bought this last year at Borders when they were having their outdoor sale. I saw the cover and if you know me you already know I'm a "cover whore". Yup, I freely admit it. I'll look at the book and then read the back of the book. Just because it has a hot cover doesn't automatically mean I'll buy/read it. I want some kind of story too.

This one was a good story despite the fact the first chapter, first page was the main character having sex. It was a little sho...more
Vanessa
With what I've read so far...
it is a really good book, and I think I would have really liked it more if it hadn't brought in three ways. I love how sexy and steamy the story was from the get go, because a lot of books aren't as hot as they come to seem. this one definitely is and it also has a cool plot line of the paranormal variety.
Now maybe it the jealousy of being a girlfriend in me, or the true love needs only two, but when they introduced the character Sunray to the two main love interest...more
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Well, okay, pleasantly surprised that this book turned out to have a plot. Mainly because the very first sentence opens with sex; actually the whole first chapter is one big sex party. I don't think I care enough about the characters to read future books in series.
I didn't like that the men (panther) were okay to live without their mate, while the women would die if they were to meet theirs and their mate leave them prematurely. Secondly the change to panther for the women was only brought on by...more
Patricia Wilcoxen
This has got to be the most romantic quick to fall in love and best detailed erotic novel I have ever read so far this is gotta be a 5 star plus just couldnt put it down without hubby around anyway lol Fox really knows how to put things together for your imagination to kick into overdrive....thats about all I can say safely on here about this book without offending anyone sorry about that but it a must for those into erotica novels.
Angela
I like the set-up, a town designed for paranormals (werewolves, werepanters, vampires, witches and demons). Although, we don't get to see much of the other paranormals in this book. Just the bits at the council meeting. I think it was an okay story with some okay hotness -- I would read more in the series if they came my way.
Karen
If you like a hot and sexy story about shifters, this might be what you need. Jaclyn doesn't know her heritage since she was adopted and she is drawn to the mysterious gated town of Serene. Here she discovers who she really is and also finds her mate. Fast paced and I can't wait until the 2nd book, Impulsive.
Inga
It's too short for my liking but plot, events and character development seemed ok, i.e. not too fast & unstructured as well as rather smooth. I also liked Slyck while Jaclyn was just okay.
Katrina Turner
This is possibly the smuttiest, most fucked up "romance" I've ever read. Plenty of voyerism and threesums if that's your thing. I wouldn't recommend it.
Check out my review at: Nocturne Romance Reads
Geoffrey Duallo
wow
it never failed to give me a boner. very sensual and erotic.
if i where to rate the plot id give it 7 out of ten.
Joy
mmmmmmm were panthers!! hehehe Can't wait to read SunniRay's story!! woohoooo!!!
Tori
Absolutely loved it. Can't wait to read the second one. =)
Mesorain
I liked it. I hope to read more from her.
Michelle
Hot. I was fanning myself throughout the books.
Jenn
not bad, kitties going at it.
Anna
couldn't finish it
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
brianna
brianna marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Menlindannk
Menlindannk marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
  • Shifters' Captive (Magical Ménages, #1)
  • Stolen Passions (Forbidden Passions, #1)
  • Bound, Branded, & Brazen
  • Moonshine (Mystic Valley, #1)
  • Tangled Tinsel
  • Darkness Captured (Dark Realm, #4)
  • Claimed by the Wolf (Shadow Guardians, #1)
  • Night Tides (Lady of the Lakes #1)
  • Taken by Passion (Taken by Passion/Wonderland #1)
  • The Beast Within (Guardians of the Dark, #4)
  • Enslave: Beauty Tames the Beast
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Wild
  • Jinx and Her Werewolf
  • Healer's Choice (Ghostland World, #3)
  • The Wolf She Married
  • Trouble (Dungeon #2)
  • Lord of the Deep
I've been reading romance novels for as long as I can remember. I just never thought I'd be writing them. In fact, I graduated from university with a business degree and started working in the Finance Department of Environment Canada...shiver. A few years into my career, my hubby, who's a meteorologist, got posted up north, population 800. I quit my job and went with him. At first all the spare ti...more
More about Cathryn Fox...
Hold Me Down Hard One on One Pleasure Control (Pleasure Games, #1) All Tied Up (Pleasure Inn, #1) Pleasure Prolonged (Pleasure Games, #2)