Start by marking “Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)” as Want to Read:
Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)

Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (The de Burghs #6)

3.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  148 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The black sheep of the de Burgh family is a title Reynold wears well. Outcast and injured, this knight is journeying alone. But his bitter pilgrimage is interrupted by a very determined damsel who holds him to his knight's vow--to protect and serve!Sabina Sexton knows her reluctant rescuer is skeptical about her quest. But the danger is very real, and wary Sabina must plac ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published August 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Reynold de Burgh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reynold de Burgh

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
It was great to finally read Reynold's story. I love him even more after seeing him find his way to his own happy ending. Reynold really made his leg more important than it was. He thought that it was all that anyone ever saw about him, and felt bad because it made him feel different from his brothers. He needed to strike out on his own and find himself. Fortunately, his pilgrimage brought him to a group of people badly in need of a hero. Sabine and her remaining people believe they are being pr ...more
Holly
Reynold de Burgh takes a last look at his family's castle with a bitter sigh. Surrounded by his brother's happy families this black sheep decides its time for him to move on. Right before he manages to sneak away, the l'Estrange women gift him with some parting gifts and the knowledge that his plans for an aimless pilgrimage may not be as aimless as he thinks. Wary of their matrimony-minded meddlesome ways, but secure in the knowing that marriage is not meant for one such as he, Reynold sets off ...more
Barbara ★
Nov 22, 2009 Barbara ★ rated it it was ok
I found this book to be lame (no pun intended). Reynold de Burgh has a slight lameness which hasn't slowed him down in life. He's a knight but his brothers teased him when he was young and women have no interest in him. Poor poor pitiful me. He might be gorgeous but he is pathetic and annoying through most of the book. I almost put this down but figured it's only 277 pages, surely I can stand it that long. I'm glad I finished it because I liked the ending but man-o-man it was tough. I did like t ...more
Tracy
3.5 stars - might be spoilerish!!

I thought this book was pretty good, however I found the romance sadly lacking. If not for the mention of Reynold paying for favors and two kisses - I would have thought this was a young adult book. There were absolutely no love scenes.

On the upside, the mystery of Grim's End was interesting and at times baffling.

Reynold is the second to youngest de Burgh son and he has a bad leg. In past books he has been described as grim and brooding. And he is the same in t
Tracy
Jul 27, 2015 Tracy rated it really liked it
Nikoleta
Sep 26, 2014 Nikoleta rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, historical
Δεν μπορώ να πω ότι μου άρεσε, αν κ είχε ασυνήθιστη πλοκή κ δράση για αρλεκιν, το θέμα του δράκου δεν με έπεισε από την αρχή, οι ήρωες ήταν νερόβραστοι (η ηρωίδα δεν υπήρχε σχεδόν σαν προσωπικότητα). Ο Ρένολντ μας ζάλισε με την εμμονή του με τα αδέλφια του. Ο.κ. κύριος το καταλάβαμε, η οικογένεια σου είναι τόοοοσο υπέροχη που σου προκάλεσε σύμπλεγμα κατωτερότητας!! Εν τω μεταξύ… το love story που είναι;;; Πουυ είναι;; Υποτίθεται ότι είναι ερωτικό αρλεκιν, ερωτικό λέμεεεε.
Esra
Apr 24, 2013 Esra rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-a-copy
Yine çok güzeldi :) Bayılıyorum bu DeBurgh kardeşlere yaaa ben de istiyorum bir adet, hangisi olursa olsun :D
HÜLYA
Apr 05, 2013 HÜLYA rated it liked it

Deburgh Serisini çok seviyorum her macerayı okumak bana ayrı keyif veriyor desem yalan olmaz..

Fakat serinin 6.kitabına ben adapte olamadım sanırım başlarda okurken biraz durağan gibi geldi bana..Bu macera Reynold DeBugh'a aitti..Sayfalar geçtikçe de ejderhalar filan pek sarmadı beni nedense..Serinin en beğendiğim kitapları Dunstan, Goeffrey ve Robin'in hikayeleri idi..Yine de Kara Şövalye DeBurgh'u okurken kitap tam da tahmin ettiğim gibi çıktı..Ailenin kara koyunu..Kendine göre olan kusurunu be
İnci Puyan
Oct 12, 2013 İnci Puyan rated it liked it

Ben bu haftamı tamamen Harlequin'lere ayırdım hep onları okudum ve elimdeki bütün Harlequinleri bitirdim tek biri hariç... O da serinin son kitabı olan "Son DeBurgh". Onu da kısa zamanda okuyup yorumlarım artık :))

Deborah Simmons kaleminden çıkan "The DeBurgh" serisinin altıncı kitabı olan "Kara Şövalye DeBurgh" de bitti. Kitap Reynold DeBurgh'u anlatıyor...

Serinin diğer kitaplarına göre çok durağan geldi bana. Serinin kitaplarını pek sırayla okumadım ve h
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 04, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing
O guerreiro e sua insegurança.

Acho que o título, O Cavaleiro Negro, já diz tudo, Reynold é o irmão: misterioso, quieto, carrancudo, desconfiado. O que é mais estranho, apesar dele ter consciente, de suas habilidades como “guerreiro”, é totalmente inseguro em relação aos sentimentos que desperta nas pessoas.

É incrível como ele não se enxerga como homem, não percebe sua própria beleza. A única coisa que ele vê é o defeito na perna, como se ele nada mais fosse que um coxo.

A princípio fiquei muito
Adeselna
**review soon**
Countess Of
Dec 25, 2012 Countess Of rated it really liked it
This is a book I shouldn't have liked. Dragons? Knights? Really? But I really loved this book. The hero is hot, hot, hot and the heroine is a strong sister. Because of the time period, you will forgive their fruit-loopiness. Fav, fav scene at the end with the brothers in black on horseback, all pounding hooves and sexiness. Would have liked a little more steam though...
Cristina Contilli
"Quante persone cercano ovunque l'amore? Invece voi lo fuggite, ogni volta che vi viene offerto liberamente. Vi siete allontanato dalla vostra famiglia e adesso voltate le spalle anche alla donna che vi ama."

Nel complesso il romanzo è carino, però, il protagonista maschile più che un eroico cavaliere sembra un giovane timido e un po' testone!!!

Martha
May 29, 2015 Martha rated it really liked it
What can I say, I love a „wounded“ hero and Reynold its wounded body and soul! But he is also sensitive, inteligent, clever, caring, patient, generous and hot!!!
So It was nice to see him grow in confidence and overcome his insecurities to finally be abel to accept Sabines affection.
garnetyuna
Dec 29, 2013 garnetyuna rated it liked it
Shelves: m-f, historical
Reynold is not the "black sheep", he's the best De Burgh!
I liked his story more than the other brother's. Needless to say, this is my favorite book in all the series. :3
Melis
Jun 10, 2013 Melis rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin, 2013
Bir ara ejdarha olayından sıkılsamda idare ederdi işte. Ama seri içindeki en sevdiğim kitap Geoffrey'in ki hala. Sonuncu kardeş Nicolas'ı da okuyunca tam belli olucak ama bence değişmeyecek gibime geliyor :))
Cham
Jun 14, 2013 Cham rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-a-copy
^_________^ wholesome historical book! the best! ^___^
Verónica Silva
Faltou um pouco mais de romance pelo meio....
Harlequin Historical
linked to the de Burgh family series
Devin
Devin marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Irish Monroe
Irish Monroe marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Bruna
Bruna rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016
Raph
Raph marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Midniteillusion
Midniteillusion marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Allison Chrisman
Allison Chrisman marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Desi
Desi marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Grace
Grace rated it did not like it
Mar 23, 2016
  • The Notorious Knight (King John, #2)
  • The Brides of Christmas (Includes Warrior, #11; de Burgh, #3.5)
  • The Conqueror's Lady (The Knights of Brittany, #2)
  • The Vanishing Viscountess
  • Viking Warrior, Unwilling Wife
  • The Shocking Lord Standon (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #3)
  • The Highland Wife (Trouville #3)
  • Violet (Seven Brides, #6)
  • Her Irish Warrior
  • In the Master's Bed
  • Betrothed (Montagues, #2)
  • A Knight's Vow (includes: MacLeod, #2.6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #7.5)
  • Lord Greville's Captive
  • The Rake's Inherited Courtesan
  • One Unashamed Night (Wellinghams, #2)
Deborah Simmons is the author of twenty-five historical romances and novellas, published by Avon, Berkley, and Harlequin.

A native midwesterner, Simmons graduated cum laude from Wittenberg University and was a journalist before turning to fiction. Her first book, Heart's Masquerade, was published by Avon in 1989 and was followed by a number of Harlequin Historicals, including a USA Today Bestsellin
More about Deborah Simmons...

The de Burghs (7 books)
  • Taming the Wolf (de Burgh, #1)
  • The De Burgh Bride (de Burgh, #2)
  • Robber Bride (The de Burghs #3)
  • My Lord de Burgh (de Burgh, #4)
  • My Lady de Burgh (de Burgh, #5)
  • The Last de Burgh (de Burgh, #7)