Start by marking “The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real (Yada Yada Prayer Group, Book 3) (With Celebrations and Recipes)” as Want to Read:

The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real (Yada Yada Prayer Group, Book 3) (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #3)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  2,954 ratings  ·  90 reviews
The Yada Yadas thought they had a handle on forgiveness, but it seems God has them on a crash-course to an even deeper level. After everything the Yada Yadas had been through in the past eight mon
Published (first published January 1st 2005)

Be the first to ask a question about The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real (Yada Yada Prayer Group, Book 3)

Dani
In this installment of the Yada Yada Prayer Group series, our narrator Jodi Baxter is dealing with new aspects of the problems that plagued her in the first two books. These include her dislike for prayer group member Stu, her struggle to forgive the woman who invaded her house, and the fallout from her car accident. There are also several celebrations that keep the story from being a downer.

I've read several comments online from people who say they can't make it through the entire series becaus...more
Ellie Revert
Just finished this one---concluding in the marriage of Avis and Peter, and the baptisms of YoYo and former prisoner, Becky Wallace--------and have book #4 in my hand. These ladies are my imaginary friends!
Lorna
I just love this series. The re-cap parts can be a bit annoying, since I'm reading them one after another, but I imagine if there had been some time between each book, they would be necessary. The books are a bit convicting and I imagine that almost anyone will end up identifying with one or more characters on several levels.
Carolyn
This group of christian women, and their families, really make you want to live a better life. I loved the part where the main character actually prays for each one of her students individually. We always talk and hear of doing this but she actually does it.
Denean
I love these books GREAT SERIES !!!! They just make your spirit feel good !!!!
Ivoree Malcom
The main theme for this book is how to forgive & how to feel accountable. accountability and forgiveness are both on hard feat to achieve. Both require you to dig down deep inside and really get real with yourself. Neither is easy or quick, both are a process the you must doggedly labor at. However, the end results always seem so refreshing & vindicating. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I am addicted to this series. Three books in & I am sure that I want to read all seve...more
Shelly Ann Haselden
This book is the 3rd of Yada Yada Prayer Group...I haven't found the 2nd book yet. I don't know what I am missing. I know that in ministries like this it can involve a whole lot of people. I like how when the group meets all of their families, and attends each one's church. How the group meets every other week at someone's designated home. I like how they support one another in every day living. I know that some people are well meaning, and a know it all, like Stu, but she had good intentions. U...more
Tasha enderby
I am seriously Jodie Baxter, I am in desperate need of a Yada Yada group but I think my book club might be the closest thing to it. I think all women need a safe place to explore themselves religiously, be themselves and not afraid to let others help them grow and be loved on. This book is just as great as the other three and I am sure the other five will be just as good it's the story line you will fall in live with. I challenge any women taking on this series to figure which women they relate...more
Larisha
As the back cover states on this book... "The Yada Yadas thought they had a handle on forgiveness, but it seems God has them on a crash-course to an even deeper level!"

The Yadas Yadas are back again and they are each continuing to grow and learn more about not only themselves but about the God they serve.

When I first started reading the series, I identified most with Jodi but as I have continued reading & growing spiritually , I can see myself in different aspects of all Yada Yadas. Each Yad...more
Marianne/Annie
in this book there are life decisions to make for the member that causes them to question what God is doing in their lives. Several want to know if he is even listening and why are certain things happening. Was he not there or listening. They have to learn to wait on him, he is always there and will not fail to give them what they need, may not be on our time but he will make it right. I am learning to wait. I know when I pray I think my prayers should be answered like "RIGHT NOW" and that is no...more
Elaine
(books 1-7)
a. Excellent series of Jodie and her prayer group consisting of Adele, Edesa, Flo, Yo-Yo, Avis, Ruth, Leslie (Stu) Stuart, Delores, Hoshi, Nony, Chanda and Becky Wallace (Do I have all the names?)
b. We meet many other characters along the way including Jodie’s husband Denny and their 2 teenagers, Josh and Amanda and the families of the other Yada-Yadas.
c. There’s a fatal accident, a robbery, a shooting, as well as love and laughter, and many other goings-on in this series. These peop...more
Erin
These Yada Yada books are a fun read. At first I thought they were going to be too light and lacking in substance, but the more I read, the more I disagree with my initial perception. I especially like the bold and honest look into prejudice...the reality of how we are all faced with living with generations of the pain, mistrust and inequality that rascism breeds. I agree with the author's approach that the healing from these circumstances becomes all or our responsibilities.The author also take...more
Donna
This was great. Another fine book by Neta Jackson. Imagine my surprise to find out in the study guide that lots of people -- like me -- feel so much like Jody! I'm not alone. We're all wanting to change and draw closer to God, learning to do more to actually turn more of our worries and concerns over to him rather than just give lip service.
I love these three books so much that I used part of my birthday gift certificate to order the next two. And, my plan to give the books I've read to the chur...more
Melissa
Focuses on Stu moving in above Jodi, her reasons for why, and forgiveness.
Kimmie
I really enjoyed this book. It kept my attention, although there were various aspects of certain events and character facts that kept repeating over and over. Other than that, loved the storyline.....watching the characters grow and develop their relationship with God and each other. If you are looking for drama, here you go.....Christian drama.

I think this book would be great as a stand alone, as well as read in series order.....just because the author goes through great lengths in each book to...more
Brenda
I listened to this on audio. The reader did an excellent job of doing different voices for each character, but I could have done without the singing. This is definitely the very religious type of Christian fiction. It's not subtle at all, and even as a Christian it was a bit much for me. There was nothing wrong with it, it's just a preference thing. I did really like the audiobook reader, though. She was great.
Loretta
Forgiveness is a major theme in this book. I really can identify with Jodi's convictions and the struggle to change. It's also just interesting to read a book that's like the "united nations" prayer group with so many different ethnic groups mixed together as well as different types of church backgrounds/beliefs/traditions. I've enjoyed all 3 of these books in this series so far, but this one had a very satisfying conclusion.
Cindi
Another great book in the Yada Yada series. This one does a good job of helping us see how important it is to look at our own faults before judging others. Even when we do find fault, it's necessary to admit it and apologize for doing so.

The thing that struck me hardest about this part of the story is how Stu opened her heart to someone she knows is a violent criminal. That takes a lot of courage.

Amandasaved
This is the best book in the series
Maria M. Elmvang
Just as powerful as the first book in the series, this one really spoke to my heart and thus blew me away. The all-encompassing subject here is God is gracious, but that sometimes we need a swift kick in the behind to realize we need His grace. A powerful message, yet Neta Jackson manages to get it across without preaching at her readers.

Read first in August 2008
Carla Still
Another great book in this series. Great job describing shared traditions. Also great display of how families can do life together and pull together to help each other out. Though fictional it could be reality. An inspirational story continues in how a group of women and their families grow closer together in following what Jesus would do.
Debby
In book two and three I gotta tell you-I really see myself in Jodi. I think that I am doing well, then learn just the opposite. Myself, like her-seems to need that constant reminder and influence. I wish I had more of that influence in my life. I am looking forward to diving into book four--I have it ordered now through the book store.
Dinah34134
so far, out of the 3 yada yada books, this was the one i most enjoyed. i didn't feel as much awkwardness with jodi and her relationships with others. the series is a light one, but i do find there is much to think about as well.

i am excited to see what comes next for jodi, her family, and the yada yadas.
Carol
I am of two minds about this book. Love the idea of the Yada Yada prayer group but their ways are not my ways of praying and worshipping. But at the same time it does show people taking worship from church and putting it to good use in their lives and truly making a difference and living what they say the believe!
Kathy
Each book in this series is so different from its predecessor. The characters are the same, and the story teller is always Jodi Baxter, 3rd grade teacher, wife, mother ... but her interactions in each book center on a different set of members of the Yada Yada Prayer group. The series is a good read.
Stephanie Berman
I had a really hard time finishing this book. The author REALLY likes wordy analogies that slow the reader down. I'll finish the series, of course, but only because I want to know what happens in the story, not because I like the author's writing style.
Teresa
Can the Yada Yada Prayer Group series get any better?! I am constantly moved by the life experiences; the fellowship; the honesty between this group of ladies; and the way God is working in, through, and around their lives. What a wonderful series!
Elaine
I liked this Yada Yada book better than the previous two but I think it is because the story is developing more with each book so it is more interesting. I'm ready to read the next book in the series to see what comes next for the Yada Yada Sisters.
Deborah Westerman

• Harry Bentley's Second Chance
  • Sisterchicks Do the Hula (Sisterchicks, #2)
  • Just Shy of Harmony (Harmony, #2)
  • The Potluck Club Troubles Brewing (The Potluck Club #2)
  • Healing Stones (Sullivan Crisp, #1)
  • Summer Breeze
  • Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful, #3)
  • Quaker Summer
  • A Time to Mend
  • Doesn't She Look Natural (The Fairlawn Series #1)
  • A New Leaf: Cape Light #4 (Kinkade, Thomas)
The Yada Yada Prayer Group (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #1) The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught (Yada Yada Prayer Group, #5) The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling