Start by marking “The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real (Yada Yada Prayer Group, Book 3) (With Celebrations and Recipes)” as Want to Read:

The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real (Yada Yada Prayer Group, Book 3) (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #3)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  3,816 Ratings  ·  107 Reviews
The Yada Yadas thought they had a handle on forgiveness, but it seems God has them on a crash-course to an even deeper level. After everything the Yada Yadas had been through in the past eight mon
Published (first published January 1st 2005)

Be the first to ask a question about The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real (Yada Yada Prayer Group, Book 3)

Kathryn
It was good to find out a bit more about some of the other Yada Yada group members in this book. These books always touch on some meaningful issues - in this one, there is the ongoing foster/adoption/birth parent issue, continuing on with issues regarding forgiveness, plus abortion, faithfulness, adolescent love, baptism

I liked, as always, the insight into Jodi’s prayer life, and her insights about herself and how she relates to others.

I’m looking forward to the fourth in the series but I still
Ellie Revert
Just finished this one---concluding in the marriage of Avis and Peter, and the baptisms of YoYo and former prisoner, Becky Wallace--------and have book #4 in my hand. These ladies are my imaginary friends!
Dani
In this installment of the Yada Yada Prayer Group series, our narrator Jodi Baxter is dealing with new aspects of the problems that plagued her in the first two books. These include her dislike for prayer group member Stu, her struggle to forgive the woman who invaded her house, and the fallout from her car accident. There are also several celebrations that keep the story from being a downer.

I've read several comments online from people who say they can't make it through the entire series becaus
Chris
THIS SUMMARY/REVIEW WAS COPIED FROM OTHER SOURCES AND IS USED ONLY AS A REMINDER OF WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT FOR MY PERSONAL INTEREST. ANY PERSONAL NOTATIONS ARE FOR MY RECOLLECTION ONLY

Personal note:
So far this was my favorite which other reviewers has noted. Also way to much singing except for the last one. The male singer was excellent

Shelly Ann
This book is the 3rd of Yada Yada Prayer Group...I haven't found the 2nd book yet. I don't know what I am missing. I know that in ministries like this it can involve a whole lot of people. I like how when the group meets all of their families, and attends each one's church. How the group meets every other week at someone's designated home. I like how they support one another in every day living. I know that some people are well meaning, and a know it all, like Stu, but she had good intentions. U ...more
Nellie
Apr 19, 2016 Nellie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ivoree Malcom
Feb 15, 2014 Ivoree Malcom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The main theme for this book is how to forgive & how to feel accountable. accountability and forgiveness are both on hard feat to achieve. Both require you to dig down deep inside and really get real with yourself. Neither is easy or quick, both are a process the you must doggedly labor at. However, the end results always seem so refreshing & vindicating. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I am addicted to this series. Three books in & I am sure that I want to read all seve ...more
Libby
Aug 27, 2015 Libby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this whole series! The characters are real and funny and yet these books are far from fluff. In them we learn that we all struggle and to accept each other where we are each at and not to let race, church denomination ( or lack there of) separate us in the family of God. Excellent

This audiobook is from Scribd- For a free 60 day free trial use the following referral link-
Cindi
Another great book in the Yada Yada series. This one does a good job of helping us see how important it is to look at our own faults before judging others. Even when we do find fault, it's necessary to admit it and apologize for doing so.

The thing that struck me hardest about this part of the story is how Stu opened her heart to someone she knows is a violent criminal. That takes a lot of courage.

Jo
Jun 14, 2016 Jo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honest and funny which is not what came to mind when picking up this book. I thought it was going to be very heavy on the prayer aspect, but religion was written in with a manner of understanding it isn't a one method understanding and solution. Many parts are thought provoking and bring up great conversations. Very enjoyable reading.
Emily Agnello
Mar 30, 2016 Emily Agnello rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again I was deeply connected to all of the characters and their third wild ride, surprising me with every page. I love the way the women can sometimes fight but always come back together and grow stronger. I love that a new member was added to the group and I can't wait to see what kind of problems the Yada Yadas run into next.
Lorna
Jul 05, 2012 Lorna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love this series. The re-cap parts can be a bit annoying, since I'm reading them one after another, but I imagine if there had been some time between each book, they would be necessary. The books are a bit convicting and I imagine that almost anyone will end up identifying with one or more characters on several levels.
Dana
Aug 01, 2016 Dana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved #3 as much as #1!
Carolyn
Aug 02, 2011 Carolyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This group of christian women, and their families, really make you want to live a better life. I loved the part where the main character actually prays for each one of her students individually. We always talk and hear of doing this but she actually does it.
Teresa
Aug 20, 2013 Teresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can the Yada Yada Prayer Group series get any better?! I am constantly moved by the life experiences; the fellowship; the honesty between this group of ladies; and the way God is working in, through, and around their lives. What a wonderful series!
Shawna
Oct 24, 2015 Shawna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-for-fun
Without a long recap this was the best one yet. Full of twists and turns including a wedding. I find that I can relate to Jodi much more as these books go on and I am learning more about myself each time.
Cmking14
Mar 12, 2015 Cmking14 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Getting Real With God

This was the best so far in the Yada Yada novels. It makes you think about your role as a Christian and what it means to truly forgive your enemies. Great book!
Angie
Jun 22, 2016 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great one in the series!!!

I'm totally invested in learning the stories of all the women in the Yada Yada prayer group and I love the Christian faith woven into the book.
another series that is better as it goes along. Over 400 pages, and throughout the reading, I kept wanting to read a little bit more. (Just one more chapter syndrome)
Teesa
Jan 20, 2013 Teesa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series, it moves me in ways I didn't expect. Real women dealing with everyday struggles. It lets me in on a world I wouldn't ordinary be exposed to.
Sue Teachout
Jan 07, 2013 Sue Teachout rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is excellent. I recommend it highly for Christian readers interested in the power of prayer and redemption in a multicultural setting.
Denean
Mar 23, 2012 Denean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these books GREAT SERIES !!!! They just make your spirit feel good !!!!
Melissa
Focuses on Stu moving in above Jodi, her reasons for why, and forgiveness.
Carly Mortensen
Apr 06, 2015 Carly Mortensen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite so far in the series. The books get better and better!
Patricia
Oct 01, 2013 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second book was even better than first, hard to put book down!
Christie
Oct 13, 2015 Christie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one kept me turning the pages, my favorite one yet!
Suellen
May 17, 2013 Suellen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book number 3 and I'm still lovin' these wacky ladies.
Carolyn
Aug 02, 2013 Carolyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! So wholesome, funny and wise.
Sue Klasing
Deals with some pretty tough issues. Enjoyed it!
Marie Conrad
May 06, 2016 Marie Conrad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! What a great cast of characters.
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling: Party Edition with Celebrations and Recipes
  • Harry Bentley's Second Chance
  • Sisterchicks Do the Hula (Sisterchicks, #2)
  • The Potluck Club Takes the Cake (The Potluck Club #3)
  • Healing Stones (Sullivan Crisp, #1)
  • Just Shy of Harmony (Harmony, #2)
  • Only Uni (Sushi, #2)
  • Songbird
  • These Boots Weren't Made for Walking
  • The Baby Chronicles
  • The Awakening
  • Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful, #3)

The Yada Yada Prayer Group (7 books)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group