Start by marking “Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories: 1904” as Want to Read:
Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories: 1904

Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories: 1904

Lucy Maud Montgomery, (always called "Maud" by family and friends) and publicly known as L. M. Montgomery, (1874-1942) was a Canadian author, best known for a series of novels beginning with Anne of Green Gables (1908). In 1893, following the completion of her grade school education in Cavendish, she attended Prince of Wales College in Charlottetown. Completing a two year ...more
Published March 28th 2008 by Dodo Press (first published March 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories

Hayden
Overall, the 1904 stories were better than those in the 1902-1903 collection; while there was still some predictability, a few of the concepts were more original. As is common failing among short stories, some of the characters seem shallow (both as a personal failing in the character, as well as a failing of the length of the tale) but none of them were really strictly unlikable. I wouldn't say that any of the stories really stood out to me, but as a whole I think I enjoyed them more than the p ...more
Timothy Stone
Feb 02, 2014 Timothy Stone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I stated in my review of L. M. Montgomery's short story collection published in the years 1902-1903, that the work suffered from two much commonality with all of her other stories. The stories came across as cliched, and boring. To some extent, this was unfair of me, as the various story ideas were used in these stories for the first time, so these are, in fact, the original stories, while the Anne stories and others are the later “copies” in terms of plot. That said, without the full developmen ...more
Cordelia Mal
Nov 01, 2015 Cordelia Mal rated it liked it
Montgomery’s work always have this unusual ability to take me out of whatever I am doing, out of this work, and transfer to a completely different one. Her books and stories may be a tad simple, sometimes too sugary, but Lucy Maud Montgomery is in a big part responsible for my love for books, so I have a big sentiment for her. I have a right. So fuck it.

Let me just say that reading these stories was an interesting experience, because I was doing this in between of some fucked-up, gore stuff like
Manybooks
Please note that the two star rating is NOT meant to be a comment on L.M. Montgomery's wonderful short stories (for the most part, they deserve a four or five star rating), but on the user-unfriendly way in which Dodo Press has presented/published them. When I first became aware of the Dodo Press collection of Montgomery short stories, I was excited, because from the title, it appears as though the stories would be arranged chronologically. However, while the stories contained in the collection ...more
Maria
Mar 01, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it
L.M. Montgomery is a genius. Probably many people have said that, but I mean it. I've been absorbing all her short stories over the past four days, and though I like the 'him-her' ones best, they're all fantastic.

In the later ones there's hints of Anne's House of Dreams and Anne of Avonlea, and even an entire chapter from Anne of Green Gables, but I don't mind. And wouldn't it be funny if that 'short story' is what prompted all of Anne?

The stories are from 1899 to 1928, and there are certain thr
C.G.Koens
Dec 05, 2012 C.G.Koens rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-book-list
An easy read, enjoyable and simple. You can see the Anne-esque tones in Montgomery's short stories, and you almost feel that these were her practice runs, leading up to the Anne series. On stressful days, there is nothing better than reading a couple of these short stories - they always have happy endings!
JoAnn
May 17, 2011 JoAnn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing beats a little L M Montgomery when one wants or needs to be uplifted. Her stories are simple and somewhat contrived, but still leave me in a better mood.
Melissa
Jan 29, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
Simple beautiful stories. I could only read a few stories at a time due to their sugar content, but they made me feel happy with the world.
Kathi Olsen
Jan 06, 2011 Kathi Olsen rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
It seems like some of the stories are repeats from other years, but her stuff is always nice (and predictable).
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Zauggrc
Zauggrc rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
A.M. Heath
A.M. Heath rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Beverley
Beverley rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2014
Zuzanna
Zuzanna rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2014
Sharon Wren
Sharon Wren rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2013
Betsy Lightfoot
Betsy Lightfoot rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2011
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Tina Ravi
Tina Ravi rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2015
Carol G. Duncan
Carol G. Duncan rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2015
Trudy Pomerantz
Trudy Pomerantz rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Bill Herman
Bill Herman rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2014
Zanne Baker
Zanne Baker rated it it was ok
Oct 03, 2015
Arlene Carcabuso
Arlene Carcabuso rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2014
Mashell
Mashell rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2011
Marian
Marian rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Wendi (BrokenBinding)
Wendi (BrokenBinding) rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Mary Ann
Mary Ann rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Meg
Meg rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Murder at the Manor: Country House Mysteries
  • The Case Of The Crying Swallow: A Perry Mason Novelette And Other Stories
  • Alpha Shifter Seductions (Box Set)
  • The Magic World
  • Echoes of Winter: A Wintery YA Short Story Collection
  • John Thorndyke's Cases
  • When God Laughs and Other Stories
  • The Mysterious Key and What It Opened
  • Anything for the Man of the House: Ten Brats who Learn how to Behave (Shameless Book Bundles 5)
  • The Wind in the Rosebush, and Other Stories of the Supernatural
  • The Forger
  • Wicked Alphas, Wild Nights: Sizzling Collection of Paranormal Romance Scenes
  • Newlyweds of Convenience
  • Bears & Beauties: The Complete Series (Bears & Beauties #1-4)
Lucy Maud Montgomery was a Canadian author, best known for a series of novels beginning with Anne of Green Gables, published in 1908.

The author of the famous Canadian novel Anne of Green Gables, Lucy Maud Montgomery, was born at Clifton, Prince Edward Island, Nov. 30, 1874. She came to live at Leaskdale, north of Uxbridge Ontario, in 1911 after her wedding with Rev. Ewen Macdonald on July 11, 1911
More about L.M. Montgomery...

“Dorrie dear, smooth that pucker out.” 0 likes