Start by marking “Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress (British Billionaires, #1)” as Want to Read:
Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress (British Billionaires, #1)

Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress (British Billionaires #1)

Her new client was devilishly handsome, superbly charming...and absolutely hiding something. Why else would a man as rich and powerful as Cristo Verón have any interest in the cleaning services of lowly Isabelle Browne? Her suspicions were confirmed when she discovered his real reason for hiring her. And suddenly, she was agreeing to a preposterous proposition....

Cristo wo
Paperback, (Silhouette Desire, #1955), 186 pages
Published July 1st 2009 by Silhouette Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress

Amber by Night by Sharon SalaFour Dollars and Fifty-One Cents by Lass SmallThe Sheikh's Destiny by Olivia GatesA Kept Woman by Sheri WhitefeatherBeauty And The Brain by Elizabeth Bevarly
Best Silhouette Desire / Harlequin Desire
98th out of 102 books — 41 voters
The Desert King by Olivia GatesTo Tempt a Sheikh by Olivia GatesTo Tame a Sheikh by Olivia GatesThe Once And Future Prince by Olivia GatesThe Illegitimate King by Olivia Gates
Favorite Silhouette
238th out of 379 books — 54 voters

More lists with this book...

Cristo’s sister is getting married, but there’s a problem. Cristo’s soon to be brother in law informs him that some crazy Australian woman has left a message on his phone that she’s pregnant and he’s the daddy. Even if it’s untrue I have no idea why anyone would willingly reveal something like this to a prospective in law, it doesn’t seem like something a sensible person would do. If I were Cristo I’d be having a quiet word with my sister about polluting their gene pool with such idiocy, and ign ...more
Aug 16, 2013 Starbubbles rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
This was actually fairly bad. I would get lost in what was happening next. Things seemed so disjointed. A random box of puppies? I might as well of had been telling this story. It would have been just as confusing.
Dec 31, 2012 Elizabeth rated it it was ok

If you like billionaire stories, you might like this one. Having read a few, I’m finding the story lines so implausible and lacking intricacy that I don’t need to more. Not a bad book, but not my thing. The sister of our billionaire Christon is getting married when her fiance receives a mysterious call regarding a woman claiming she is carrying his baby. So of course the fiance asks Christon to sort it out.
Christon goes to find the woman, Isabelle. But she’s not pregnant, her sister is. And th
Despite the mistaken identity and disparate economic circumstances, this was mostly just about people who liked each other figuring out to be together. I liked it.
Harlequin Historical
Bronwyn is a favorite of mine and she didn't disappoint with Isabelle and Cristo story.

Cristo hires Isabelle under false pretenses. He must discover the truth about her or ruin his sister's marriage plans. Only he didn't expect to be so overwhelmed by her very presence in his life. Sparks, heat, and deep longing pour off the pages but Bronwyn also keeps the story moving at a very comfortable pace.

Good read.
Aug 25, 2009 Holly rated it really liked it
A sweet story, though I did find myself becoming somewhat irritated over the timeline. It may be time for me to take a break from these Harlequins for a few days.

I liked both the hero and heroine. I expected the hero to take longer to come around or to act like more of a jerk, but in the end I was satisfied with his behavior.
May 10, 2011 Vi rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
A contemporary re-telling of Cinderella. A quick read which I like about the categories. I enjoyed it. Hero was an alpha without veering off into the A**Hole territory. There is no certified villain characters- everyone was more or less a normal person making mistakes and such.
Lauren Acton
Aug 20, 2009 Lauren Acton rated it liked it
this was the other book i won as part of the SBTB "save the contemporary" campaign. it's a cute, modern cinderella tale. i enjoyed it while reading it, but i doubt the characters or plot will stay with me for long.
Dec 14, 2011 Jan rated it liked it
Not bad for a story featuring a magnate and a mistress. Not extremely memorable either though.
Good story, interesting characters. But seems jumpy, didnt flow as well as I would have liked.
Rebecca Dean
Jul 25, 2013 Rebecca Dean rated it it was amazing
Great Romance read. A classic "Cinderella" story with all its fun and twists in a modern way.
April Dinucci
Aug 16, 2009 April Dinucci rated it liked it
cute and quick, like reading a modern brittish Pretty Woman!
Stacy Boyd
Always love Bronwyn's books! Classic alpha male romance.
Jan 08, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
good book liked it
Kim Rider
Kim Rider rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
erna marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Neetu marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
KV Rider
KV Rider rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
Priya Saroj
Priya Saroj marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
N.G rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Stacey Brooke
Stacey Brooke marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Sheila Mato
Sheila Mato marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Rohini marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Tejashwini marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Valente's Baby (Valente, #3; Billionaires and Babies, #5)
  • Playboy Boss, Live-In Mistress
  • Millionaire in Command
  • The Billionaire's Baby Negotiation
  • Bachelor's Bought Bride (Kings of the Boardroom #5)
  • The Boss's Baby Affair (Billionaires and Babies, #12)
  • Ruthless Awakening
  • Burning Up (Harlequin Blaze, #380)
  • Traded to the Sheikh
  • The Virgin's Price
  • Tempted Into The Tycoon's Trap (The Hudsons of Beverly Hills, #2)
  • From Playboy to Papa! (Silhouette Desire, #1987) (Man of the Month)
  • Have Me
  • Power Play
  • Hot Boss, Wicked Nights
  • The Greek Tycoon's Reluctant Bride
  • What Happens in Charleston... (Dynasties: The Kincaids #2)
  • The Part-Time Wife (The Secret Lives of Society Wives, #6)
Bestselling and award-winning author Bronwyn Jameson grew up on an Australian farm where she developed a lifelong love of animals and the written word. Happily she was able to marry the two working as a rural journalist before a magazine article introduced her to Romance Writers of Australia and the possibility of a new career writing the books she loved to read.

After five years, a handful of cont
More about Bronwyn Jameson...