Start by marking “Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress (Silhouette Desire, #1955)” as Want to Read:
Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress (Silhouette Desire, #1955)

Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress (Silhouette Desire, #1955)

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Her new client was devilishly handsome, superbly charming...and absolutely hiding something. Why else would a man as rich and powerful as Cristo Veron have any interest in the cleaning services of lowly Isabelle Browne? Her suspicions were confirmed when she discovered his real reason for hiring her. And suddenly, she was agreeing to a preposterous proposition....Cristo wo ...more
Published July 1st 2009 by Silhouette Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress

Amber by Night by Sharon SalaBeauty And The Brain by Elizabeth BevarlyFour Dollars and Fifty-One Cents by Lass SmallCinderella & the Playboy by Laura WrightThe Patient Nurse by Diana Palmer
Best Silhouette Desire / Harlequin Desire
78th out of 81 books — 29 voters
The Desert King by Olivia GatesTo Tempt a Sheikh by Olivia GatesTo Tame a Sheikh by Olivia GatesThe Once And Future Prince by Olivia GatesThe Illegitimate King by Olivia Gates
Favorite Silhouette
255th out of 378 books — 48 voters

More lists with this book...

Starbubbles
This was actually fairly bad. I would get lost in what was happening next. Things seemed so disjointed. A random box of puppies? I might as well of had been telling this story. It would have been just as confusing.
Elizabeth

If you like billionaire stories, you might like this one. Having read a few, I’m finding the story lines so implausible and lacking intricacy that I don’t need to more. Not a bad book, but not my thing. The sister of our billionaire Christon is getting married when her fiance receives a mysterious call regarding a woman claiming she is carrying his baby. So of course the fiance asks Christon to sort it out.
Christon goes to find the woman, Isabelle. But she’s not pregnant, her sister is. And th
Harlequin Historical
Bronwyn is a favorite of mine and she didn't disappoint with Isabelle and Cristo story.

Cristo hires Isabelle under false pretenses. He must discover the truth about her or ruin his sister's marriage plans. Only he didn't expect to be so overwhelmed by her very presence in his life. Sparks, heat, and deep longing pour off the pages but Bronwyn also keeps the story moving at a very comfortable pace.

Good read.
Holly
A sweet story, though I did find myself becoming somewhat irritated over the timeline. It may be time for me to take a break from these Harlequins for a few days.

I liked both the hero and heroine. I expected the hero to take longer to come around or to act like more of a jerk, but in the end I was satisfied with his behavior.
Vi
May 10, 2011 Vi rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
A contemporary re-telling of Cinderella. A quick read which I like about the categories. I enjoyed it. Hero was an alpha without veering off into the A**Hole territory. There is no certified villain characters- everyone was more or less a normal person making mistakes and such.
Lauren Acton
this was the other book i won as part of the SBTB "save the contemporary" campaign. it's a cute, modern cinderella tale. i enjoyed it while reading it, but i doubt the characters or plot will stay with me for long.
Jan
Not bad for a story featuring a magnate and a mistress. Not extremely memorable either though.
Donna
Good story, interesting characters. But seems jumpy, didnt flow as well as I would have liked.
Rebecca Dean
Great Romance read. A classic "Cinderella" story with all its fun and twists in a modern way.
April Dinucci
cute and quick, like reading a modern brittish Pretty Woman!
Stacy Boyd
Always love Bronwyn's books! Classic alpha male romance.
good book liked it
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Vini
Vini marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Adelakun Olayinka
Adelakun Olayinka marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Neva
Neva marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Elena Mayuga
Elena Mayuga marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Ceregaza
Ceregaza marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
samantha
samantha marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Valente's Baby (Valente, Book 3)
  • Playboy Boss, Live-In Mistress
  • Millionaire in Command (The Landis Brothers, #3) (Man of the Month) (Silhouette Desire, #1969)
  • Ms. Match (Harlequin Blaze, #424)
  • Suddenly You
  • Bachelor's Bought Bride (Kings of the Boardroom #5)
  • The Boss's Baby Affair
  • The Billionaire's Baby Negotiation
  • Ruthless Awakening
  • Virgin For The Billionaire's Taking
  • Power Play
  • From Playboy to Papa! (Silhouette Desire, #1987) (Man of the Month)
  • Taken by the Highest Bidder
  • Traded to the Sheikh
  • What Happens in Charleston... (Dynasties: The Kincaids #2)
  • The Italian Billionaire's Secretary Mistress (Modern Romance)
Bestselling and award-winning author Bronwyn Jameson grew up on an Australian farm where she developed a lifelong love of animals and the written word. Happily she was able to marry the two working as a rural journalist before a magazine article introduced her to Romance Writers of Australia and the possibility of a new career writing the books she loved to read.

After five years, a handful of cont
More about Bronwyn Jameson...
Vows & A Vengeful Groom (Diamonds Down Under, Book 1) (Silhouette Desire #1843) The Bought-and-Paid-for Wife Skandal Cinta Putri Bos (In Bed with the Boss's Daughter) Zane: The Wild One Back in Fortune's Bed (Dakota Fortunes, #2) (Silhouette Desire, #1777)