Start by marking “Renegade (Dark Ops, #3)” as Want to Read:
Renegade (Dark Ops, #3)

Renegade (Dark Ops #3)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  635 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Untamed and Undercover: Third in the Dark Ops series.

Mass Market Paperback, 292 pages
Published January 5th 2010 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Renegade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Renegade

Auntee
Aug 15, 2009 Auntee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of military romance
Recommended to Auntee by: Shawna
Spectacular start--worthy of an action movie it was so riveting--and an almost as riveting ending, but...something was not quite right with the middle of the story. I'm trying to put my finger on what was wrong with this one, and I think it was because it wasn't long enough. I think this story should have been expanded by at least 50-100 more pages--there was so much that could have been told with more detail and wasn't, and that's what made it just "okay" for me. I loved the characters, liked t ...more
Cindi
Apr 01, 2010 Cindi rated it really liked it
Catherine Mann is fast becomming one of my favorite writers. While her Dark Ops boys are sexy and desirable, often that is because she has created "real life" characters. Her boys (and girls) include everyday foibles and imperfections but are ramped up by their overwhelming patriotism and belief in the team concept. I also find it refreshing to read about Air Force flyboys (like my dad!) rather than the over-the-top alpha males of the Navy SEALS, etc.

This book takes place in Area 51, that alien
Jacqueline
Feb 19, 2010 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Suzanne Brockmann/romantic suspense fans
Another good one from Catherine Mann. Third in the series about a group of black ops test pilots. The plot was clear. The writing well done. The dialog realistic. The feel of the characters was real, although Mason let go of the smooth operator persona a little soon maybe? I can't quite put my finger on what I felt about him. Maybe he just needed a few more pages to round him out. Liked Jill and how strong she was. But she maybe needed a few more pages to round her out also.

A good solid secondar
Sammie
It was pretty good ,I was kinda hoping that they would show more of them in Quarantine together, it sounded like a big part of the plot of the story but it so wasn't and I was actually looking forward to seeing that part of the book.

I really liked Mason ,he's just great ,and he totally lives up to his nickname Smooth ,I loved every moment between him and Jill ,they are kinda perfect for each other.

I liked Jill ,there was only one thing I didn't care for and that was they she kept pre-judging Mas
Jenn
Dec 18, 2013 Jenn rated it it was amazing
I am a great fan of Special Ops, Dark Ops, Seals, etc, romantic suspense books and I am not adding Catherine Mann as one of my faves. I absolutely loved the way she introduced to the "bad guy" right at the beginning, however, she does not disclose too much information to give the book away. The brotherhood amongst the flyboys and their ribbing is fun and entertaining. You get a sense of the ordinary out of these extraordinary people. Sexy and steamy passion and a great adventure.
SweetSue
Feb 06, 2016 SweetSue rated it liked it
I liked this. I'm sorry the library doesn't have the rest of the series. Loved the beginning with Smooth almost falling out of the plane and the mysterious explosion. He and Jill were a good fit - good chemistry, and the actually seemed to like each other and along. Loved that he trusted her cop training and let her take care of herself in most situations but was still protective of her. I could have done without the extensive side issue of colonel Scanlon and the Italian pop star.
Jessica Tice
Jan 12, 2016 Jessica Tice rated it liked it
This was the slowest of these books that I've read so far. While with the others in the series, I couldn't put it down, with this one I had to remind myself to pick it up and finish it! I'm not sure what made it so slow paced or uninteresting but I was disappointed after loving the other ones so much!
AliciaJ
I've really enjoyed the books in this series so far, but for some reason this one just didn't grab me. I just didn't get a real sense of the characters, I didn't feel like I got to know them and I didn't really care if they found the killer or each other by the end. I'm not sure if it was just my mood at the time or if this installment wasn't up to the standards of the previous books.
Beth
Jan 28, 2013 Beth rated it really liked it
Shelves: catherine-mann
Mason and Jill - Nevada with nuclear issues - Tech Sergeant Mason "Smooth" Randolph lives to push boundaries. But he never anticipated how far outside the box he would land when an in- flight accident sends him parachuting into Nevada's notorious Area 51- and into the handcuffs of sexy security cop Jill Walczak.
Mareli
Aug 09, 2013 Mareli rated it really liked it
more 3.5 stars but...

The story was good. ANd I loved meeting the whole crew again. But the couple just didn't do it for me. I never felt this passion between them. They seemed to me a bit boring.

Onto the next one!
Dec 16, 2013 Sarah rated it it was ok
This was another new author to me. Loved the idea of the story, but it just tended to go on a bit to long.
Didn't really get to the serial killer until almost the end - and that was supposed to be the whole main event of the story.
Becca
Oct 09, 2012 Becca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm still chuckling over the Aussie saying "Sheila". For the record hardly anyone in Australia says that word and when we do its with an over exaggerated accent. So when reading that line please, please, imagine it being said with an over exaggerated accent :)
Donna
Feb 20, 2011 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-books-read
I really enjoyed the story and am looking forward to more. The characters and situations are great and well-written and I was really happy with how the story unfolded and the conclusion. I hope to see these characters again, even if its just as secondary characters in future novels.
Kim Johnson
Aug 20, 2009 Kim Johnson marked it as to-read
Mason (smooth) Randolph and Jill Walczak
Brenda Walls
Mar 16, 2013 Brenda Walls rated it it was amazing
Great read by Catherine Mann
Bobbie
May 23, 2016 Bobbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read. Non-stop action, adventure, suspense and hot romance.
Anne OK
Sep 15, 2009 Anne OK rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010-reads
Just didn't do it for me. I could not get settled into the story or the characters. Not a favorite from Catherine Mann this time around.

(Sent to Berta 2/10)
Pam Hamblin
I really enjoyed this one!
Michelle
Dec 05, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Liked it!!
Janice
Feb 08, 2015 Janice rated it it was ok
Below average across the board. Romance, suspence, logic.
Lynn
Feb 23, 2012 Lynn rated it really liked it
Can't wait for the next one
Lauren Williams
Jun 11, 2014 Lauren Williams rated it really liked it
Pretty good, as an extention of the series.
Briana
Feb 04, 2012 Briana rated it it was ok
Decent read but the romance was really forced/rushed. Characters weren't very well developed when you think about it. The author relied too heavily on stereotypes to characterize Mason and Jill
♥ Nell ♥
Apr 19, 2013 ♥ Nell ♥ rated it really liked it
This one was a good one. Liked it nearly as much as the first in the series.
Trisha Tretteen
Trisha Tretteen rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2013
Jodi
Jodi rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2010
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Aline
Aline rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2014
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
  • Risk No Secrets (Black Ops Inc., #5)
  • Tactical Strike (Bagram Special Ops, #2)
  • Second Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #5)
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • Then You Hide (Bullet Catcher, #5)
  • SEALed with a Ring (SEALed, #3)
USA Today bestseller Catherine Mann and RITA Award winner, Catherine writes contemporary romance for Berkley, Harlequin, Sourcebooks and Tule. With over sixty books released in more than twenty countries, she has also celebrated six RITA finals, an RT Reviewer’s Award finalist, three Maggie Award of Excellence finals and a Bookseller’s Best win. A former theater school director and university inst ...more
More about Catherine Mann...

Dark Ops (5 books)
  • Defender (Dark Ops, #1)
  • Hotshot (Dark Ops, #2)
  • Protector (Dark Ops, #4)
  • Guardian (Dark Ops, #5)