Start by marking “Nights in Pink Satin” as Want to Read:
Nights in Pink Satin

Nights in Pink Satin

Vincent is a vampire of world renown, even if most people believe his story is a fable, but with age comes boredom. Seeking out new silk to line his coffin for his annual Halloween ball, he comes across a bolt of pink fabric. Curiosity leads him to a mistake that is about to change his existence.

Martin is a newly turned vampire and a lonely gay man. When he finds an extrem
Published July 2009 by Changeling Press (first published June 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Nights in Pink Satin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nights in Pink Satin

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Short story; 5 stars because it was so funny and had a HEA and the sex in the closet and the Pun usage I couldn’t not love it.

Vincent is kind of an asshat but in a sweet way, for a vampire he was pretty sweet I guess. I loved his thoughts, they were hilarious I laughed so hard through this story. Once Vincent accepts that he is attracted to Martin and stops fighting his attraction he is much more romantic. The thing he did at the end for Martin was so crazy sweet it made me go “awww”

Martin was
Bookwatcher
Nov 30, 2010 Bookwatcher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires, glbt-gay

Vincent, a very old vampire, thinking a female vampire order a pink satin decorated coffin, go to "her" house... but to his surprise, and delight, he will meet the young and enthusiast gay vampire, Martin.

I adore the Bran Stoker mention, and obviously the very hot scene inside the claustrophobic closet.

Great short story, certainly I recommend to all M/M and Vampire fans.

5 stars!

Just quick note: pink and vampire? I thought about him when I saw the title

yeah... I'm old
Elisa Rolle
The normal level of Changeling Press' books is good but seldom they are "deep". They are nice stories thought for a light break. And so it was unexpected to find such a story like Nights in Pink Satin. Even from the title I was expecting a light tale, and instead it's almost a gothic romance with a touch of urban fantasy. Anyway I should have some hints by the cover, again one of those nice covers that Changeling Press lately reserves to some authors.

Vincent is a century years old vampire, and p
Lucy
Dec 26, 2010 Lucy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
reviewed for heartsonfirereviews.com

I was going to give this a 4, due to drac.....errr....VINCENT. Denial to yourself is one thing, and its frustrating, but denial that hurts someone else, something I hate. I don't care how old and powerful he is, Vincent is so caught up in "I can't be" that he was downright annoying. He is shopping for a new coffin lining for the annual Cotillion (that just made me smile, I don’t know) and he spies a bright, satin pink fabric. He mesmerizes the clerk into givin
Phaney
Apr 17, 2013 Phaney rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
Wow. Excellent. Funny and intelligent.

The vampires are a lot less romanticized than you usually get in this genre. And here we have this old one who completely falls victim to his own assumptions, and then to this young gay vampire’s charms.

Vincent is not a particularly nice person in the beginning; as the story progresses it’s easy to see that whatever change comes over him results directly from the emotions and needs Martin stirs in him.

Towards the end I worried that it truly would be a Happy
Trix
Nov 16, 2010 Trix rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book but was rather sad to see it was so short.

[spoiler ahead]When I first saw the title, I felt a bit reluctant to read it, imagining very feminine characters. But I was pleasantly surprised to find such intense characters and well played out scene between them. As always, the author has an incredible ways with words and depicting scenes and emotions that simply sweep you off your feet and throw you in the midst of the story. It was so easy to imagine Drac... Vincent as a very an
Tana
Mar 27, 2011 Tana rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, I wish it would of been abit longer as I would of like to read more. It was funny and I love a good HEA story.
A Girl Has No Name
The idea was sweet and funny, but somehow I had problems to connect with the MCs. Nights in Pink Satin is however still a very entertaining short read for an hour of spare time.
Kassa
Aug 18, 2009 Kassa rated it liked it
There’s something about a gay vampire with pink glitter in his hair and lining his coffin in pink satin that just epitomizes fabulous. This is a lighter story without much depth that focuses on the emotions of the vampires rather than action. Unfortunately problematic head hopping keeps jarring the narrative and the tension and conflict created is solved off page, thus ending the story abruptly and without a satisfying resolution. However, the edgy darker tone and the pop of colorful personality ...more
Lexi Ander
Jan 30, 2011 Lexi Ander rated it liked it
Recommended to Lexi by: Bubbles (Dane)
Shelves: mm-vampires, novella
Geez, this is just me but through the whole thing I kept picturing Vincent Price as Vincent. I do not find Mr. Price remotely attractive regardless of what his age. I tried picturing someone else and I could not get away from the Price picture and so was not even into Vincent going there with Martin. Martin was sweet and adorable and loved him.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Lucy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 5 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Nancy L
Dec 03, 2015 Tala rated it it was ok
2.5
Kitten Blue
Jan 03, 2014 Kitten Blue rated it did not like it
I just can't take vampires who sleep in coffins seriously.
Alyosha
Funny, sexy short story with glitter and sweetness - one that I would have enjoyed much more if not for the rapidly shifting povs. 2.5 stars
Karen K
**3.5** This was a really cute story - not much angst or conflict except within Vincent himself, but definitely a lot of sweetness and some great humour.
Mel
Mel rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2011
Betryal
Betryal rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2009
Jade Archer
Jade Archer rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2010
Despina
Despina rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2012
Arielle
Arielle rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2011
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2011
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2014
Cecilia Rodriguez
Oct 14, 2012 Cecilia Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Sweet, funny and sexy story.
Daia
Daia rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2014
Jj
Jj rated it really liked it
May 22, 2013
Via
Via rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Sharon was born in London on New Year’s Eve. She has always followed many creative pursuits. Eventually, her love of books and a wild imagination compelled her to focus on writing. The first short story she submitted — Silver Apples of the Moon — was accepted by Roadworks Magazine. The editor announced her as “a writer who is going places” and described the story as having “both a Sci-fi and horro ...more
More about Sharon Maria Bidwell...