Nights in Pink Satin

Nights in Pink Satin

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Vincent is a vampire of world renown, even if most people believe his story is a fable, but with age comes boredom. Seeking out new silk to line his coffin for his annual Halloween ball, he comes across a bolt of pink fabric. Curiosity leads him to a mistake that is about to change his existence.

Martin is a newly turned vampire and a lonely gay man. When he finds an extrem...more
Published July 2009 by Changeling Press (first published June 19th 2009)

Bound by Blood by Jourdan LaneInterview With The Vampire by Anne RiceNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDeceptions by Jourdan LaneSacrifice by Jourdan Lane
Best Gay Vampires
160th out of 350 books — 487 voters
Strawberries for Dessert by Marie SextonEdward Unconditionally by Lynn LorenzDrawn Together by Z.A. MaxfieldTiming by Mary CalmesHell by Jet Mykles
Best Gay "Flamboyant" Characters
83rd out of 126 books — 272 voters

More lists with this book...

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Short story; 5 stars because it was so funny and had a HEA and the sex in the closet and the Pun usage I couldn’t not love it.

Vincent is kind of an asshat but in a sweet way, for a vampire he was pretty sweet I guess. I loved his thoughts, they were hilarious I laughed so hard through this story. Once Vincent accepts that he is attracted to Martin and stops fighting his attraction he is much more romantic. The thing he did at the end for Martin was so crazy sweet it made me go “awww”

Martin was...more
Bookwatcher

Vincent, a very old vampire, thinking a female vampire order a pink satin decorated coffin, go to "her" house... but to his surprise, and delight, he will meet the young and enthusiast gay vampire, Martin.

I adore the Bran Stoker mention, and obviously the very hot scene inside the claustrophobic closet.

Great short story, certainly I recommend to all M/M and Vampire fans.

5 stars!

Just quick note: pink and vampire? I thought about him when I saw the title

yeah... I'm old
Elisa Ramblings
The normal level of Changeling Press' books is good but seldom they are "deep". They are nice stories thought for a light break. And so it was unexpected to find such a story like Nights in Pink Satin. Even from the title I was expecting a light tale, and instead it's almost a gothic romance with a touch of urban fantasy. Anyway I should have some hints by the cover, again one of those nice covers that Changeling Press lately reserves to some authors.

Vincent is a century years old vampire, and p...more
Phaney
Wow. Excellent. Funny and intelligent.

The vampires are a lot less romanticized than you usually get in this genre. And here we have this old one who completely falls victim to his own assumptions, and then to this young gay vampire’s charms.

Vincent is not a particularly nice person in the beginning; as the story progresses it’s easy to see that whatever change comes over him results directly from the emotions and needs Martin stirs in him.

Towards the end I worried that it truly would be a Happy...more
Lucy
reviewed for heartsonfirereviews.com

I was going to give this a 4, due to drac.....errr....VINCENT. Denial to yourself is one thing, and its frustrating, but denial that hurts someone else, something I hate. I don't care how old and powerful he is, Vincent is so caught up in "I can't be" that he was downright annoying. He is shopping for a new coffin lining for the annual Cotillion (that just made me smile, I don’t know) and he spies a bright, satin pink fabric. He mesmerizes the clerk into givin...more
Trix
I enjoyed this book but was rather sad to see it was so short.

[spoiler ahead]When I first saw the title, I felt a bit reluctant to read it, imagining very feminine characters. But I was pleasantly surprised to find such intense characters and well played out scene between them. As always, the author has an incredible ways with words and depicting scenes and emotions that simply sweep you off your feet and throw you in the midst of the story. It was so easy to imagine Drac... Vincent as a very an...more
Tana
I really enjoyed this book, I wish it would of been abit longer as I would of like to read more. It was funny and I love a good HEA story.
Kassa
There’s something about a gay vampire with pink glitter in his hair and lining his coffin in pink satin that just epitomizes fabulous. This is a lighter story without much depth that focuses on the emotions of the vampires rather than action. Unfortunately problematic head hopping keeps jarring the narrative and the tension and conflict created is solved off page, thus ending the story abruptly and without a satisfying resolution. However, the edgy darker tone and the pop of colorful personality...more
Lexi Ander
Apr 11, 2011 Lexi Ander rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lexi by: Bubbles (Dane)
Shelves: mm-vampires, novella
Geez, this is just me but through the whole thing I kept picturing Vincent Price as Vincent. I do not find Mr. Price remotely attractive regardless of what his age. I tried picturing someone else and I could not get away from the Price picture and so was not even into Vincent going there with Martin. Martin was sweet and adorable and loved him.
Karen K
**3.5** This was a really cute story - not much angst or conflict except within Vincent himself, but definitely a lot of sweetness and some great humour.
Alyosha
Funny, sexy short story with glitter and sweetness - one that I would have enjoyed much more if not for the rapidly shifting povs. 2.5 stars
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Lucy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 5 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Izabela Malan
I just can't take vampires who sleep in coffins seriously.
Nancy L
3.5 stars, rounded to 4. Cute story
Cecilia Rodriguez
Sweet, funny and sexy story.
Tailtiu
Jun 27, 2013 Tailtiu rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fun
3,5*
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Illuminatii
Illuminatii is currently reading it
Mar 22, 2014
Gosia
Gosia marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 09, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
N1ghtraven
N1ghtraven marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Maura
Maura added it
Jan 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sharon's work has appeared steadily in both print and electronic publications, such as Midnight Street, Aoife’s Kiss (Sam’s Dot Publishing), Night To Dawn, and Radgepacket (Byker Books). Her short story — Bitter and Intoxicating — was snapped up for inclusion in the anthology Red Velvet and Absinthe. This compilation, edited by Mitzi Szereto with a foreword by Kelly Armstrong, was designed to evok...more
More about Sharon Maria Bidwell...
Snow Angel Angel Heart A Slow Fuzzy Screw (Del Fantasma, #2007 Sept.) Uly's Comet (The Swithin Chronicles, #1) All Washed Up