Start by marking “A Little Dare (Westmoreland Series #2) (Silhouette Desire #1533)” as Want to Read:
A Little Dare (Westmoreland Series #2) (Silhouette Desire #1533)

A Little Dare (Westmoreland Series #2) (The Westmorelands #2)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  1,498 ratings  ·  46 reviews
When Shelly Brockman walked into his office, Sheriff Dare Westmoreland could almost taste the sweet, steamy passion they’d once shared. Then Shelly informed him he was the father of her son, the unruly preteen he’d arrested that day, and his fantasies turned to fury!

Shelly had returned to her hometown in Georgia to save her son from the mean streets of Los Angeles. Getting
Published February 1st 2007 by Silhouette (first published September 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Little Dare (Westmoreland Series #2), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Dare (Westmoreland Series #2)

Kaycee Sapinoso
A Little Dare is my first book in the Westmoreland Series. And I was totally hooked. I loved it and I can't wait to read more.

Shelly Brockman was pregnant when she left town ten years ago and now she's back and and planning to let Dare know about AJ and let him be a part of their son's life. Dare is now the town sheriff and before she can tell him the truth, Alisdare Julian or AJ (named after his father) winds up in Dare's police station. Shelly went the police station to bail out her son, and d
Neus Cámara gutiérrez
Este me ha gustado MUCHO más que el primero, se lee rápido y los protas me han gustao
aunque su historia es un poco película americana típica y tiene cierto toque un tanto exasperante, pero a la vez también es comprensible...
lo disfruté :)
Rebeca Martinez
I didn't know how I was going to feel reading this book, but since I liked the first book from the Westmoreland series "Delaney Desert Sheik" so much I decided to give this series and therefore this book a try. Boy am I glad that I did!! I liked this book so much that I finished it in a day!

This book could have gone down a very angst road with both Dare and Shelly blaming each other for the decisions that they made in the past. Yet they moved on quickly and put there sons interest first which m

This author has said she likes happy endings. I do too and while one can look forward to the happy ending, the journey there is as exciting as ever. The Westmorelands is a group to be reckoned with. Everything about the women and men, especially the men, is a healing balm to people of color whose image has been tainted by worn out stereotypes from long ago. For those who want to know, this is real. I have only just begun this series but I know it will only get better. If you take this ser
Anne Lorraine
Finished it on a midnight.
I hate the fact that Shelly never gave a fight with his attraction with Dare.
She just gave in with it,I would really be happy to see Dare grovel but Shelly didnt gave me that.
I did cry on the beginning especially when it was reveleaved that Dare broke up with her to follow his dream.He is such a jerk.
Imagine this guy you thought who love you and will dump you just after everything.What a tragedy.
Dare deserved the pain upon knowing he had a son and never knew it until af
My first book by Brenda Jackson and definitely won't be the last. I've already ordered some of her others and can't wait to read them. She knows how to write an ALPHA hero!!!
Loved it! 10 years ago Shelly left Georgia because Dare Westmoreland wanted to be an FBI agent more than he wanted a girlfriend. But Shelly had a secret. Now 10 years later she's back home. Surprise! The 10 year old boy Dare arrested this morning is the son he never knew he had. I liked the way Shelly and Dare handled how they explained to AJ his lineage. Will Shelly and Dare be able to forgive one another and finally get their HEA?
Yolanda Knight
Dare to have a second chance
My April Review
Alisdare(Dare)Westmoreland and Shelly Brockman have been dating since she was in high school and proceeded thru college, everyone in town thought that they were the perfect couple and would get married in the future, but Dare decided that he wanted a career with the FBI and there wasn't room for Shelly in his life so he broke her heart by calling off the wedding. After 10 years shelly resurfaces back to where it started, with more than a broken heart.

Love it

I am loving this Westmoreland family. Dare was super sexy and charming. I liked the relationship between Dare and AJ. The steamy love between Shelly and Dare was hot. Great job Brenda Jackson. I would highly recommend this book.
I should stop playing and rate all of Brenda's books with 5 stars!

I am re-reading all of the Westmoreland series getting ready for Bane, yes I know Bailey is coming first, but I have waited for Bane story for YEARS!
this one got an extra star for respect. respect for the kid's feelings, mutual respect for one another as responsible adults, respect for law enforcement, and respect for and by family.
If You Dare?!!!

I enjoyed the second novel about the Westmoreland family. Although the story was about Dare, Shelly and AJ, it definitely gave you more insight into the tight bond of the Westmoreland family. It kept me interested in the story from beginning to end. It also gave hints to what the next story would be about. The sexual scenes were definitely STEAMY. Over all I thought it was a great story about second chances and the ties that bind. I enjoyed when Dare decided go old school and 'woo
Dare, eldest Westmoreland brother faced with 2 loves--something old and something NEW,
Mandy Brown
Haven't yet read a book by Ms. Jackson that I don't love!!
Simon Gelling
Readable,but not really suitable for men to read
Book two in the Westmoreland series features the oldest brother and sheriff of College Park, Georgia, Dare Westmoreland. Dare has a history with returning hometown girl Shelly Brockman. The history includes a ten year old son with behavior problems that can easily be corrected. Before either Dare or his son can be made aware of each other, they meet when Dare is arresting him.

The "hows" and "whys" are what make for an excellent romance and what keeps the reader fascinated with this particular We
Jennifer Schultheis
Some of the best things about a Brenda Jackson novel are that you are guaranteed to have sexy characters, intriguing storylines, hot sex, and the two characters will have a great love story that will leave you sighing at the end. A Little Dare is no different. The characters are loveable, the drama is relateable, and the love the two main characters share is pure. I can always count on Brenda Jackson for a great love story.
Lady Raven RAVE!
I must say that this was a very good sequel to DELANEY'S DESERT SHEIK. i wasn't really looking forward to buying it because i was waiting on her other brother's story (THORN).my husband force me to buy this book because he knows i love reading romance novels and i'm glad i bought this book it was very good...A+... for me..get it you won't be disappointed...
I love how Sheriff Dare Westmoreland fought for the love of his one and only true love Shelley Brockman and for the son that he did not know existed. He planned on a way to earn his troubled son's love, then he planned on claiming his woman after ten years, hurt, and pain. Awesome story!
This is the 5th book I read by Brenda Jackson. I really loved how Shelly & Dare's love for each other was still there after 10 years. I really enjoyed how Dare & Aj got to know each other. I think this book is worth every penny.
Laquisha Sauls
A little dare by Brenda Jackson I thought this book gave me a lot to feels The storyline was right on point The characters were wonderful I gave it five out of five stars and I highly recommend this book
iloved this book because it was based out of georgia and i loved shelly dare and aj .i just love the whole westmoreland clan it is a family that sticks together no matter what the stiuation is .
ms bookjunkie
I liked how they handled letting AJ know about his father. Was is realistic? I don't know, but I liked the story.

(I do like these Westmoreland heroes.)
Taz Will
Loved how Dare was the Sheriff and met his son by arresting him. Shelly had a ton of explaining to do and I was all in wanting to hear it.
Keke Chanel
This story is tantalizing, sensual, and downright seductive. Shelly and Dare give the true meaning of fire and desire.
Really enjoyed this reconciliation story, young sweethearts who separated then reconciled done in a fresh way.
I liked Dare Westmoreland and I can't wait to meet the rest of the Westmoreland men form Atlanta.
WOW love the Westmoreland family now I'm moving from Dare to Thorn. A book a day
Teresa Scott
This book was just what I expected. I am now waiting for the next one in the series.
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • Touch of Heaven
  • Very Private Duty
  • Sexy/Dangerous
  • Heart's Secret
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General)
  • Big Girls Don't Cry
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • Heated

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (Silhouette Desire) (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmoreland Series)
  • The Chase Is On (Silhouette Desire) (The Westmoreland Series)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (Silhouette Desire #1778) (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Spencer's Forbidden Passion (The Westmoreland Series)
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series) Quade's Babies  (Steele Series, #6) (Silhouette Desire) (The Westmoreland Series)