Heart Full of Soul: An Inspirational Memoir About Finding Your Voice and Finding Your Way

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  18 reviews
For the longest time, during some rough boyhood years in Alabama and the grind of performing on the road, the odds against me were discouraging. But there was always a voice inside telling me it was going to get better.

Mom and Dad certainly started out with good intentions, but early on, as their marriage went south and I went in whatever direction was necessary to avoid t...more
Published (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Heart Full of Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart Full of Soul

W.K. Lawrence
Full of charm, but lacking in-depth substance and wit, Hicks has much more soul in his music than his memoir. I liked his "American dream" story and his honesty, but there seemed like there was too much missing. The beginning is very slow, but the middle to end of the book picks up.
Amy Brothers
I ABSOLUTELY LUV THIS MAN!!!!
Elizabeth Hernandez
Aug 13, 2008 Elizabeth Hernandez rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: AI fans and those in need of a little inspirational pick-me-up
Recommended to Elizabeth by: My mother (that's who I-i neeeeed)
My mother recommended this book to me...she's a true AI fan through and through =)

So it took me a little longer than I thought it would to get through this "easy read" because I had to skew off to read Stephanie Meyer's new "Twilight" series book. I also take the occasional break to read a chapter, or a few pages at least on Marie Antoinette. So in the midst of all this other reading Taylor Hicks became a good calming read before bedtime. I did find the stuff about AI interesting but nothing new...more
Homewood Public Library
f you are looking for a great biography, I can not recommend this one. Let’s face it, Taylor is too young to have a really juicy biography. However, if you are a Taylor Hicks fan, an American Idol fan or simply a music fan this is the book for you. This book has some great pictures of Taylor and the other contestants from the fifth season of American Idol. Taylor talks about the music that influenced his life and devoted an entire chapter of the book to his top ten list of favorite music.
Trish
Jun 08, 2008 Trish rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: AI Fans
This is an interesting and fast read book. I enjoy it and learned more about what it is like to be a contestant on American Idol. I recommend it to anyone who watches AI and wants to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes, even though he only devotes one chapter to the AI show and one chapter to the tour.

The majority of the book is about Taylor and his 10 years as a Road Warrior.
Daneen
If you are an Idol Fan who liked Taylor (I did) then you may like this book. Certainly no classic. The beginning was better than the end (IMO). I was hoping he would have opened up a bit more. All and all an okay written book. Better spending your time watching him perform...that is definitely what he does best.
Janice
I already like Taylor Hicks from American Idol, the book helped me understand him more and like him more.
very interesting and better than I expected. He did a good job of giving helpful information and tips for life in general. He provided inspirational messages about life in general, valuable lessons.
Nancy
Quick read and interesting story of Taylor Hicks rise to fame. Great read for any American Idol follower, or anyone wondering what it takes to make it in the music industry.
Angie
Being a lover of books, music, and " old souls " , I really enjoyed reading this book . Taylor Hicks is an " old soul " kind enough to write about the music in his life .
Danielle Sullivan
Lacked substance. Lived up to my expectations. With only 30 pages left, I decided it wasn't worth wasting any more time. Sorry, Taylor. You are a better singer than writer.
Amy
What can i say? I thought before reading this i couldnt love Taylor anymore....but this book proved me wrong he is AMAZING and soooo adorable :o)
FlamingRose
May 06, 2008 FlamingRose marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
MUST READ!!
HARUS BACA! HARUS BACA!
AS A BIG FAN OF TAYLOR HICKS, I MUST READ IT!!
HE'S MY SOUL MAN..
SOUL PATROL!!
Missy
An easy read and great pics, but could have shared more about his life before becoming an idol.
Granny
Oh, dear, I am a big Taylor Hicks fan. Love the music, but the book was a great big SNORE.
Cheyanne wasel
great story of his path to stardom
Carla Jean
Oct 11, 2007 Carla Jean rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: American Idol fanatics
Shut up, I got it for free.
Kateřina Žáková
Kateřina Žáková marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Ashes
Ashes marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Sexual Overdose Exotic Seduction Hidden Obsessions Slutty Vibrations Nasty Tryouts