Start by marking “V is for . . . Vampire (Vampire Island, #3)” as Want to Read:
V is for . . . Vampire (Vampire Island, #3)

V is for . . . Vampire (Vampire Island #3)

Lexie might be the first vampire ever to run for ninth-grade class president, but she's determined to make dreamy Dylan notice her, even if it means running against perfect, popular Mina. And things would be going pretty well, if it weren't for those annoying pixie houseguests! Blix and Mitzi are wreaking backwards-speaking, house-pinkifying havoc, and now they want Lexie ...more
Published September 3rd 2009 by Putnam Juvenile (first published August 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about V is for . . . Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about V is for . . . Vampire

Sheila
Apr 18, 2017 Sheila rated it it was amazing
Lexi decides to run for class president of the freshman class. While she was ahead of Maddy and Hudson in her quest for humanness, she uses her vampire habits in her bid for election. She also upsets the love of her young life as she runs for office. Meanwhile Maddy and Hudson make Halloween last the whole month of October and Maddy once again uses her hunting skills to take down another baddie. And during all this, they host a couple of pixies.

I love this family. They are funny. Lexi wises up t
Andrea
Jul 15, 2010 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, teens, tweens
Shelves: first-reads
I just got it in the mail today and I'm thrilled with it. The author signed it for me personally, which is the first ever for me. I'm looking forward to reading this book.

This was a really great Tween read. I liked the leads, I liked the plot, and I loved the ending. All of us had that girl/guy who we just hated with a passion in our school years esp. when your just hitting your teens. You know the one...the I'm perfect and your dirt under my feet person. This story was all about being who you a
Terri
Lexie is facing the challenge of becoming human, living with Pixies, School elections and stolen poetry. A un quick read
Heidi
Jul 27, 2010 Heidi rated it it was amazing
Just won this book on the goodreads giveaways page!!! Loved Picture the Dead which is a YA novel, this book looks like a younger/relectant reader type book for tweens, looking forward to reading it!

Lexie is an old world vampire who's family is coming to live in the new world in order to become mortal again. Lexie has decided to run for 9th grade class president in order to impress a boy, but in the meantime her vampireness is starting to show and her family is a host to pixies that run amock an
Tobyann Aparisi
Jul 15, 2010 Tobyann Aparisi rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone that loves vampire stories no matter what!
Recommended to Tobyann by: good reads first reads
This is a fantastically fun book to read. Even though it was probably meant for a young teen to YA group, I still found it a good read. I am interested in everything vampire. I love the stories people come up with for such an old legend. This was a new and fun twist on that very subject. I would like to read others like this. Like I said it was a fun and quick read. Wonderful character build-up and a fantastic story line. I especially like the mix of the pixies and the trouble they cause. I woul ...more
Donna
Jan 01, 2011 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: tweens, children
This is a breezy read and offers a fun, age-appropriate alternative for the Twilight-craving tweens (and those who are not yet even tweens!). Griffin sets up the story with a family of vegan vampires who are trying very hard to become mortal, which means going without their vampire powers. Other supernatural entities - werewolf, pixies, and witches also show up in fun cameos. Ultimately, however, this is about a 9th grade girl struggling with crushes and navigating a teenage social network witho ...more
Kelsie
Jul 16, 2013 Kelsie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Pre-Teens
Recommended to Kelsie by: First-Reads Giveaway
Shelves: first-reads
Unfortunately, I think I was too old for this book. It was short and an easy read; finished within a day. It was a bit difficult for me to enjoy, but the story that was being told was cute and perfect for someone younger than me, maybe thirteen or twelve. I'll get my little sister to read it to see if she likes it.

Also, I loved how the author signed the book with my name and an adorable message. It was such a nice surprise! I'll definitely check out her other books sometime.
Aymee
Mar 20, 2011 Aymee rated it really liked it
**four and a half stars**

These books are just so cute and well-written! It's so much fun to be able to read and enjoy a book meant for a nine-year-old and then pass it on to your nine-year-old.

V IS FOR VAMPIRE has a bit more of an obvious lesson woven into it, however, the author does a great job of not coming off as preachy or mothering while writing.

A great, fun, quick read if you're a fan of sweet vampire stories. And a good, wholesome story for your kids.
Heidi
Feb 07, 2011 Heidi rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2010
Teen girls will enjoy this silly romp through ninth grade. Although this is the third book in the Vampire Island series, readers can enjoy it without prior knowledge of the Livingstone family. Lexie is trying to transition to vampire but the pesky pixies are making that goal near impossible. Plus she has been asked by mean-girl Mina to be her speechwriter for a school election. A bit of romance doesn't help, as she can't keep her mind on the campaign.
Chris Ryan
Jul 14, 2010 Chris Ryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My oldest daughter has been a big fan of the vampire books we have all heard of (and perhaps have gone to see the movie adaptations). So, when I won this book from Goodreads, I was curious to see if my 8 year old daughter would be as intrigued. Well, was she ever! We've since acquired the entire series. This is one of those books that kids stay up late reading, flashlights under covers to read just a bit more even after "lights out". Great series, highly recommend!!!
Karen
Aug 15, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
I am liking this series. The title was a nice twist on the well-know "V for Vendetta", which also was part of the plot. I like how the characters are growing and changing. For vampire hybrids, they are some of the most human characters I've encountered in kid lit.

And again, great cover art by Tuesday Mourning.
Rachel Thompson
Jul 15, 2010 Rachel Thompson rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

This was a quick, short read that just took up a couple afternoons, but it was a highly enjoyable vampire book, that included absolutely hilarious moments for the main character, Lexie, while she deals with ninth-grade drama, pixies, and trying to become human.
Maggie D.
Nov 30, 2010 Maggie D. marked it as to-read
there is ANOTHER one!?! Yay!!!!!!
Rena
Aug 16, 2010 Rena rated it it was amazing
This is a really good book. Great story and characters. The plot was interesting and I liked the ending. I would recommend this book.
Diane
Dec 12, 2010 Diane rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile, fantasy
Original. Humorous. Older teens. Full of slang.
Nallely ramos
Jun 18, 2012 Nallely ramos rated it it was amazing
i loved this book because i love vampires they're so cool
Budgie&DomoFan
Jun 21, 2011 Budgie&DomoFan rated it really liked it
Good book, I thought it was pretty good. It is simple and not really boring, I suggest this book to people who like vampires.
Katelyn
Jul 02, 2010 Katelyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, first-read
Really great!!! I different take on the Vampire theme with good lessons buried in the text. I really enjoyed this book and will recommend it to my friends.
Espi
Espi rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2015
See Xiong
See Xiong rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2013
Sadie
Sadie rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2009
Holland Hoogstad
Holland Hoogstad rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Ori
Ori rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2011
Lonne Sotkovski
Lonne Sotkovski rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2010
Lune Axelsen
Lune Axelsen rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Maxwell
Maxwell rated it really liked it
May 09, 2014
Morgan Cahill
Morgan Cahill rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2012
Bianka
Bianka rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Farah Nabila Rizal
Farah Nabila Rizal rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Careful What You Wish For (Bedeviled, #3)
  • No Rest for the Wicca
  • Fangs of Anarchy - Were in the World is Gannon Dodd? (Forbidden Alpha (Part 3))
  • The Cowboy and the Vampire: Rough Trails and Shallow Graves  (The Cowboy and the Vampire, #3)
  • Steamside Chronicles
  • Instinct (The Halfling Chronicles, Book 1)
  • Rain Lashed (Kyndred, #1.1)
  • Planting the Trees of Kenya: The Story of Wangari Maathai (Frances Foster Books)
  • Blimpo: The Third Circle of Heck
  • The Salem Branch (Dark Shadows)
  • Vampire Trouble (Dead in the City, #2)
  • Ancient Whispers
  • 101 Tips for Traveling with a Vampire
  • A Taste of Scarlet (Treeland Pack Tales)
  • Team Moon: How 400,000 People Landed Apollo 11 on the Moon
  • These Hellish Happenings
  • It Started with a Whisper (Sons of Witches, #1)
  • The Witchy Worries of Abbie Adams
BE TRUE TO ME is out! and I talked with Publishers Weekly about it, OMG BookFest, and some of my upcoming projects. Read the full interview here. http://bit.ly/2sx8jcR

my website is: www.adelegriffin.com

You can also find me on twitter: http://twitter.com/adelegriffin

and Instagram:

and Facebook:

also, I love this trailer:
h
More about Adele Griffin...

Vampire Island (3 books)
  • Vampire Island (Vampire Island, #1)
  • The Knaveheart's Curse (Vampire Island, #2)