Start by marking “The Best Bride (Hometown Heartbreakers #1)” as Want to Read:
The Best Bride (Hometown Heartbreakers #1)

The Best Bride (Hometown Heartbreakers #1)

With his sexy Stetson and X-rated grin, was Sheriff Travis Haynes Glenwood's leading lady-killer or Elizabeth Abbot and her daughter's knight in shining armour? Finally pulling her life back together, Elizabeth couldn't afford more heartbreak. Still, Travis was awfully tempting...

With every fragment of her betrayed heart, Elizabeth longed to trust the legendary lawman - en
Paperback, Silhouette Special Edition #933, 256 pages
Published December 1st 1994 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about The Best Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Bride

Susan
An older book from Susan Mallery, and a fantastic read. Elizabeth was trying to start over from a mistake that still held her in its grip. The last thing she wanted to do was trust another charming, good looking guy. But Travis seemed like a really nice man, who came to her rescue and was wonderful with her daughter. Travis loved women, but felt that he was unable to have a lasting commitment with anyone. His family was notorious for failed relationships. He really wanted to have a wife and fami ...more
Donna
Mar 07, 2011 Donna rated it it was ok
After reading the re-issue of Completely Smitten, I decided to re-read the entire Hometown Heartbreaker series. This is the first book in the series, and isn't my favorite. Elizabeth is just incredibly annoying with all her insecurities and guilt. Travis is a likeable hero and the ending is clever and helps to redeem this book. I think the main problem with this book is that it is sixteen years old is just too dated to be really believable.
Cheryl Cavanaugh
Jun 28, 2014 Cheryl Cavanaugh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Her harlequin books are great reads.
Tinadluxfamily.Com
Wonderful read

Four complete and connected stories. Family drama and love stories that you can't put down. A completely enjoyable read that brightens your outlook.
Jeanie Jackson
Mar 19, 2017 Jeanie Jackson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2017-read
So far I have only read the first book Marriage on Demand. It is a sweet and steamy Susan Mallery! Her books are always awesome. It is an early book so there are a few things that feel anachronistic but it is just the time they were written. It didn't take long to get my head back several decades.
June
Mar 16, 2017 June rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Mallery and Haynes family fans
Shelves: romance, adult
Travis's story. Hometown sheriff ends up taking single mom and daughter under his wing.

Found it a bit hard to suspend disbelief.
Cruth
Author: Susan Mallery
First published: 1994
Length: 3660 kindle locations
Setting: Contemporary. Glenwood.
Sex: Explicit. Infrequent.
Hero: Sherrif
Heroine: Mother of one. Does something… bookkeeping?

Another odd relationship. Elizabeth is a guilt ridden mother, hiding from her past, having been married to a much older man who was already married (oops!). Travis is divorced and “love isn’t for him”. When she has appendicitis, he invites her and her daughter to stay, and then keeps her there, until she
Jiji
Jun 12, 2015 Jiji rated it did not like it
DNF- I totally got fed up when she confessed her dirty little secret. I thought that was ridiculous. The best way to cover up would have been to simply say her story without making a drama out of it “I was married. We are in the process of getting a divorce. Mandy’s father is in prison and I’d rather not talk about the reasons why.”
Being a bigamist is like being cheated on. Why does she keep on going on about how nobody will love her again and bla bla bla. How irritating!

I stopped reading when
Phyllis
Jul 15, 2014 Phyllis rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure about this series, seeing the covers kind of scared me. I know, we are not suppose to judge a book by its cover, but I secretly was. After reading about Travis & Elizabeth I stopped. The story of the Haynes family curse, not knowing how to be a husband or father or even stay married, you had to feel bad for Travis. Elizabeth had her own set of issues that kept her from feeling that she. could ever be involved again. Their meeting by him stopping her, he is the sheriff in town, ...more
Gwen S.
Dec 19, 2015 Gwen S. rated it liked it
Spoiler Alert!

The main characters, Travis and Elizabeth met during her speeding ticket/ruptured appendix, so being the sheriff of Glenwood, he cares for Mandy
, Elizabeth's daughter, while she recuperates from surgery. To go one step further, he takes care of her also, while slowly falling in love with her, yet telling her of his family's 'love 'em and leave 'em' motto. Of course they reconcile their differences once he realizes her hidden secret is that she married a bigamist.

Great character d
Narita Wijaya
Jul 07, 2012 Narita Wijaya rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, not-finished
Hoaaamm... sebenernya pas mulai baca, aku berharap banyak sama buku ini, karna ngeliat rating" dari goodreader and i'm LOVE stories about Man in uniform...

tapi ternyata buat AKU ternyata kurang sreegg~ Bosen membaca interakasi hero dan heroine nya, NO spark, NO teasing, No Witty conversation... over all for me this book is BORING...

Cuma bisa maksain diri buat baca sampai setengah aja...
Janeiowa
Dec 10, 2016 Janeiowa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is an older book, but that is not the main problem.

There are three stories in this book. In the first the heroine, Elizabeth Abbott, is the problem. She's immature, self-centered, whiny, and annoying. She has this "big" secret that controls her life.

I couldn't finish the next two.
Cindy
Nov 12, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: k-l-m
The Best Bride

This is three stories in one book, all about one family of men. I enjoyed the stories, the first one the best. They are sequential but skip stories about some of the characters. Also the second book has some spelling errors, and in a couple of places, nonsense words.
Jeanette
Jul 29, 2011 Jeanette rated it it was ok
I am reading this in quest to read some of Susan Mallery's earlier works. It was okay, but not wonderful. These characters were so down on themselves, it kind of got annoying, but I'm sure that was the point. Because in the end they, of course, found true love.
Carol Nemecek
May 16, 2016 Carol Nemecek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 books in 1

When I opened this book I expected one very long story but discovered it was really three complete stories bound together. Each was interesting on it's own, 3 romances that held your interest.
Maria
Nov 10, 2008 Maria rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The first in the Haynes' brothers series, this is Travis and Elizabeth's story. The reader meets Kyle and Austin and hears about Craig and Jordan. Rebecca also makes an appearance as does Louise. A solid start to the seven book series. One day I will re-read them in order.
Donna
Aug 16, 2015 Donna rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2015
Entertaining story. My only complaint is that Elizabeth's guilt/embarrassment about her previous relationship was repeated so frequently that it became tiresome. However, I'm intrigued by the other Haynes brothers and plan to read more books in this series.
Paige
Apr 19, 2015 Paige rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015-books
Good, but the romance was slow building between Travis and Elizabeth.

I felt there was a better story between Travis and Elizabeth's daughter, Mandy.

Elizabeth was too broken from her past to really give Travis a shot and Travis was concerned about the family curse.
Dec 04, 2014 Laura rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, as I always do with Susan Mallery. However I found Elizabeth and Travis a little dramatic. Thank goodness Rebecca was the voice of reason. :) I really like this series and hope that the children will show up in Foolsgold one day.
Ann
Jan 05, 2013 Ann rated it it was amazing
Shelves: susan-mallery
Great
Desiree
Dec 14, 2013 Desiree rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
It was a good read and the start of a really enjoyable series
Vicki
Mar 19, 2016 Vicki rated it it was amazing
Another Susan Mallery book that I loved .
Elaine
May 23, 2016 Elaine rated it liked it
didn't care for bk. as i don't care for lite reading
Allison
Nov 03, 2013 Allison rated it really liked it
Good read.
Emily
Mar 27, 2016 Emily rated it really liked it
I didn't realize that it was a compilation and I'd like to have had an overview of all three books.
Lyndsie
Lyndsie rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2010
Lacy
Lacy rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2010
Bekki Mueller
Bekki Mueller rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2012
Terry
Terry rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2015
jayne hunt
jayne hunt rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 May 24, 2017 10:34AM
  • The Substitute Groom (Hawk's Way #12)
  • Cowboy in My Pocket
  • The Cowboy Next Door (Cash Brothers, #1)
  • More Than Words: Stories Of Strength: Close Call\Built To Last\Find The Way
  • Tempted Again  (West Investigations, #3)
  • Baby Twins: Parents Needed
  • Expecting the Rancher's Heir (Dynasties: The Jarrods #3)
  • Ride a Dark Horse
  • Big Sky Standoff
  • Inheriting His Secret Christmas Baby (Dynasties: The Jarrods #6)
  • Wedding His Takeover Target (Dynasties: The Jarrods #5)
  • Home Sweet Home (Sweet, Texas, #.5)
  • Taming Her Billionaire Boss (Dynasties: The Jarrods #4)
  • One Fine Cowboy
  • Austin (McKettricks, #13)
  • Mercenary's Woman (Soldiers of Fortune, # 4)
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • Once a Cowboy (The Cowboys, #3)
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it c ...more
More about Susan Mallery...

Hometown Heartbreakers (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Marriage on Demand (Hometown Heartbreakers, #2)
  • Father in Training (Hometown Heartbreakers, #3)
  • Part-Time Wife (Hometown Heartbreakers, #4)
  • Full-Time Father (Hometown Heartbreakers #5)
  • Holly and Mistletoe (Hometown Heartbreakers, #6)
  • Husband by the Hour (Hometown Heartbreakers, #7)
  • Good Husband Material (Hometown Heartbreakers, #8)
  • Completely Smitten (Hometown Heartbreakers, #9)
  • One in a Million (Hometown Heartbreakers, #10)
  • Quinn's Woman (Hometown Heartbreakers, #11)