Start by marking “Full-Time Father (Hometown Heartbreakers #5)” as Want to Read:
Full-Time Father (Hometown Heartbreakers #5)

Full-Time Father (Hometown Heartbreakers #5)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  674 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Part of bestselling Hometown Heartbreakers miniseries! When tragedy strikes, Erin Ridgeway and her orphaned niece work together with the child's father to make a family of their own.
Published May 9th 2006 by Harlequin Books (first published June 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Full-Time Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full-Time Father

My oh my...the hero of this novel is one of those heroes that suffer from the saintly previous love illness. It is my least favorite type of 'the ex love' factor in a romantic story. But here? The hero overdid it for all the other heroes that were weepy when some lame woman they loved died. He was soooo against even thinking about other women,and somebody that could replace his dear dear dear Robin because he...brace yourselves... he kills the women he cares for. He killed Robin by pneumonia and ...more
This book was just okay for me. I found myself getting sick of the hero's constant self-loathing. I believe in taking responsibility for your actions but he took complete blame and responsibility for everything and everyone. I wanted to shake him and say 'Dude you are not the master of the universe so stop with the guilt fest'. There were some funny parts (Purple condoms anyone?). I was glad when I finished and was satisfied with the ending in general.
 Gigi Ann
This is the first time I've read a book by this author. It was not a favorite book for me. I found it very predictable, repetitive, and I just wanted to tell them to move on and get over the guilt and angst! I was hoping it would be a fun summer easy read, but, found it a bit boring, especially with all the repetition.
Fiona Marsden
Not sure why I picked this one up to read. I enjoyed Susan Mallery's Sheikh's but not so keen on her current small town romances.

This particular scenario is one I usually avoid due to ick factor. Hero sleeps with heroine's sister and she gets pregnant and later dies. Heroine is bringing up baby and finding out Parker is the father, Erin takes four year old Christie to meet him. This is a surprisingly common trope so presumably I'm in the minority about disliking the scenario.

The story itself is
Okay, so the hero was a COMPLETE dumbass and the heroine was a scaredy cat. But I still liked the story a lot. Though the child seemed way too precocious in the epilogue. Still, it was a good story and put me in a better mood (which I needed) so recommend.
Emily Higgins
Erin is raising her sister's daughter after her sister's death. She finds the name of the little girl's father in her sister's diary. Erin locates Parker Hamilton and introduces father and daughter. Cute story.
I enjoyed this book, it was sweet with a bit of humor to keep things flowing without being sticky sweet. However, this is most definitely a woman's fantasy book. Parker is "female" version of the perfect man. Always sweet, always understanding, smelling wonderful, and feeling guilty for things out of his control (isn't that a female trait?). I bet this man never farts or burps, or gets grumpy. :) Cute story because of the female characters in this book. Christie and Kiki were my favorite, but Pa ...more
This was contemporary romance? With a relatable heroine? Uh.
Let me check.

So disappointed.
"okay lah". I like the start, but it gets a bit draggy half way through. Thought they kept going in circles.
Toni Wulfekuhl
Erin raises her niece as her own when her twin sister dies from complications of child birth. After 4 yrs she discovers the name of the child's father in her sister's diary. She seeks him out so the child can have a relationship with her father.

Parker is a wealthy computer geek who has relationship issues after his wife died 5 yrs ago and has kept to himself in his huge house on the ocean since.

Good book. Kind, caring, considerate characters. (Not today's "normal" reactions to these type of circ
Love Susan Mallery!
Aug 20, 2012 Carole rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Lots of humor, but lots of drama too as two people try to grapple with learning what a family really is. One learning how to be a parent overnight when he finds out he has a 9 years old daughter and a woman (the aunt in this case) how to share a precious and precocious child with her biological father. Ms Mallery is great a putting humor into situations that are sometimes not so funny, but does it with a wonderful sense of what is right and good. Always enjoy her books.
This is the 5th book of this series and I liked it, but I have yet to figure out why it belongs in this series. I don't see any connection to the Haynes, Reynolds, or Harmons! I enjoyed the book, but it kind of felt like the same story, just re-written with different players...The hero with misplaced guilt and the heroine who is afraid to risk falling in love and, of course, your basic HEA!!!
Brittney Musick
While this certainly wasn't my favorite book by Susan Mallery, I still thought it was an easy read. It didn't seem to grab me the way some of her others books have, but it was still good.

However, I've only read one other book of the Hometown Heartbreakers, so maybe I missed something, but I'm not entirely sure how this book fit into the series.
Decent story. Another man who can't get over his wife's death. Nothing really stands out as wonderfully memorable but a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. The little girl seemed a bit too advanced for her age.
This book was so cute and sweet, it was a pleasure to read. I didn't understand the hero's preoccupation with blaming himself for everything, but that didn't overshadow the story or make it any less endearing.
Jane  Taylor.         Carolyn Chaput
Great reading

Susan Mallory is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. we all love a good love story. did they really live happily ever after.
A simple story of good people who have lost much to the whims of fate. Overcoming their personal flaws to succeed is refreshing.
Kimberly Guthrie
Book was too predictable and their was no real development of the main characters. Not one of her better books.
Very slow. It was difficult to pick up and continue reading. Repetitive and not much happening in the plot.
Aug 21, 2011 Dee rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
this is a little better than a typical romance novel but still it is much too light for my taste.
Jan 09, 2013 Karina added it
This is not part of the hometown heartbreakers series
Loved the little girl, she was too funny
Too long and boring :(
Typical 90's Mallery Fare.
Very disappointing.
Easy. Fun.
  • Inheriting His Secret Christmas Baby (Dynasties: The Jarrods #6)
  • Expecting the Rancher's Heir (Dynasties: The Jarrods #3)
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • Taming Her Billionaire Boss (Dynasties: The Jarrods #4)
  • Baby Benefits
  • Big Sky Standoff
  • Whose Baby?
  • Baby Twins: Parents Needed
  • The Unforgiving Bride
  • More Than Words: Stories Of Strength: Close Call\Built To Last\Find The Way
  • Montana Mavericks Weddings
  • The Prince's Virgin Wife (Royal Brides, #3; Scorsolini Princes, #1)
  • Billion-Dollar Baby Bargain
  • Catch of the Day (Misty Harbor, #1)
  • Missing (Colby Agency, #43)
  • The Knitting Diaries: The Twenty-First Wish\Coming Unraveled\Return to Summer Island
  • Tempestuous / Restless Heart
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it c ...more
More about Susan Mallery...

Hometown Heartbreakers (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Best Bride (Hometown Heartbreakers, #1)
  • Marriage on Demand (Hometown Heartbreakers, #2)
  • Father in Training (Hometown Heartbreakers, #3)
  • Part-Time Wife (Hometown Heartbreakers, #4)
  • Holly and Mistletoe (Hometown Heartbreakers, #6)
  • Husband by the Hour (Hometown Heartbreakers, #7)
  • Good Husband Material (Hometown Heartbreakers, #8)
  • Completely Smitten (Hometown Heartbreakers, #9)
  • One in a Million (Hometown Heartbreakers, #10)
  • Quinn's Woman (Hometown Heartbreakers, #11)