Wild Ride (includes Rough Riders, #6.5)

Wild Ride (Rough Riders #6.5)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  1,467 ratings  ·  17 reviews
BUCKLING DOWN by Moira Keith

Levi McKenna heads to Las Vegas with one simple goal: win the rodeo and cement his place in rodeo history. Then Lady Luck throws a wild card into the deck—Sydney Hart. Time and distance haven’t dulled the sharp edge of their attraction, but thanks to a long-ago promise, she will always be the forbidden fruit dangling just out of reach.

Sydney wan...more
Trade Paperback, 262 pages
Published March 2nd 2010 by Samhain (first published March 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Ride

Auntee
Mar 07, 2010 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of hot anthologies featuring a cowboy/rancher theme
This book contains three hot short stories, all with a cowboy/rancher theme. All three are pretty decent short reads, but I bought this book for the Lorelei James story, and I'm happy to say it didn't disappoint. And even though it was the only story that featured a married couple (okay, they were separated), it was by far the hottest of the three.

First up was Buckling Down by Moira Keith, the story of a rodeo cowboy/Hollywood actor with a womanizer reputation. It's a childhood-friends-to-lovers...more
Shawna
3 ½-4 stars – Contemporary/Western Erotic Romance

Buckling Down by Moira Keith is just..."okay". The story was fairly brief with a somewhat choppy pace, the heat factor was much milder than I thought (and hoped) it would be with only one very short sex scene, and the writing seemed a bit amateurish. It just didn't seem like it fit within an erotic anthology, especially one that features an author as strong as Lorelei James. 2 stars.

Strong, Silent Type by Lorelei James is a smokin' hot, touching...more
Carolyn F.
Anthology. Better than average anthology. I liked all 3 stories. If you like western romances with sexual situations, you'll enjoy this anthology.

Buckling Down by Moira Keith. Levi is participating in his last rodeo in Las Vegas. When he goes out with a bunch of competitors, he sees his old friend Dusty and Dusty's sister Sydney. He's always had a thing for Sydney and now wants to see if he can make a go of it. Enjoyed the story. ***1/2

Strong, Silent Type by Lorelei James. Libby and Quinn have...more
Isis FG
I bought this anthology for Lorelei James's "Rough Riders" novella since I absolutely love that series. James didn't disappoint, and the other two novellas were too bad either.

Series Note:
LJ's novella, "Strong, Silent Type," is part of her "Rough Riders" series...it's sort of a 'between the numbers' addition and can be read as a standalone. I'm not sure if the other two novellas have any series connections.

Buckling Down by Moira Keith
In this novella, Levi is a rodeo star, and a celebrity in gene...more
Kathy Davie
Series: Strong, Silent Type (Rough Riders, 6.5)

The Stories
Moira Keith's Buckling Down is cute. Levi McKenna intends to leave the rodeo world on a high note and that means Las Vegas. He doesn't count on running into his best friend's sister, Sydney Hart. He's loved her forever but had promised Dusty he wouldn't date her. Then. It's a tale of honor and maturity. Up against a big brother's protective nature. More importantly, it's about believing in yourself and going for it. In every sense.

Lorelei...more
Mojca
The Good:
Strong Silent Type by Lorelei James
Loved it from beginning to end, despite the rather selfish heroine who was too blind to see what was right in front of her eyes, and the disastrous marital communication skills.

The Bad:
The Real Deal by Niki Green
I kept wondering just who exactly was the hero of this story and if the story actually had a purpose, beside working as introduction into a spawning series. The hero and heroine don't meet until almost the middle of the book, the two younger br...more
Kimberly Walter
Quinn and Libby McKay are on the brink of divorce, only if they don't find a way to save their marriage.
Quinn pulls out all the stops to make Libby happy and bring her the ultimate pleasure, and to make up for all he did wrong in their marriage.
Libby finally figured out what she did wrong and she tries to make it up to Quinn.
They finally just concentrate on each other and their marriage, and just enjoy it.

I liked this short novella. A nice short read.
Teresa
I didn't like Moira Keith (the story was boring and slow, and I couldn't connect with the characters at all) and tremendously liked the other two, especially Lorelei James'...her "Strong, Silent Type" is so heartbreakingly sweet, the sex so hot and the ending so great- I just wished it was longer! Nikki Green was interesting- I guess I'll try more of her stuff! All in all: a great read!
Marie
I picked this one up for SSS!! Quinn's story. Great read of two people who has been married awhile, lose the fire and then get it back. It takes place between BAT and SHBAC!! Good job, LJ.
Tracey
Moira Keith-**-*Stars for "Buckling Down", Love Lorelei but "Strong Silent Type" one of my favorite stories**** Stars, and Nikki Green's "The Real Deal" left me wanting more.
Ana Banda
Me alegra que nos dieran un libro de Libby & Quinn. Desde que aparecieron en el de Kade me llamaron mucho la atención. Es una historia corta pero linda.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Apr 13, 2012 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of the authors
I picked this up from Half Price Books, and feel I paid for half a book. I loved the Lorelei James Rough Riders novella, the rest was just OK.
Ellie
One of my favorites of the whole Rough Riders series! Love Quinn so much
CC
4.5 stars. This should have been a full book not a short story.
Kelly22
3.00 Stars - Western Contemporary Erotic Romance
Stela
Stela marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Bjr
Bjr marked it as to-read
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Mindy Allen
Mindy Allen marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Shara Butt
Shara Butt marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Laura Hoyos
Laura Hoyos marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Metris
Metris marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Sydney Rasp
Sydney Rasp marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Sandi Legnon
Sandi Legnon marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Brand New Free Read And Book Release In Lorelei James' Rough Rider Series 1 8 Nov 09, 2010 09:02AM
Cyber Launch Party Today For Lorelei James 1 5 Nov 07, 2009 07:12AM
  • Bucked (Studs in Spurs, #2)
  • The Real Deal (Roped, #1)
  • Guns and Roses (Includes: PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Roping the Wind (Turner Brothers, #2)
  • A Tall Dark Cowboy
  • Down In Texas
  • Wildcat (Wild, #2)
  • The Hottie Next Door
  • Red-Hot Summer
  • Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch, #4)
  • Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4)
  • Ties That Bind (includes: Bound Hearts, #1)
  • Nauti and Wild (Nauti, #6; Wild Riders, #4)
Lorelei James is New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary erotic westerns and erotic romances. She lives in western South Dakota.
More about Lorelei James...
Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders, #1) Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders, #3) Rough, Raw, and Ready (Rough Riders, #5) Tied Up, Tied Down (Rough Riders, #4) All Jacked Up  (Rough Riders #8)