Start by marking “How to Instantly Connect with Anyone (ENHANCED EBOOK): 96 All-New Little Tricks for Big Success in Business and Social Relationships” as Want to Read:

3.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  742 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews

This sequel to Leil’s international top selling “How to Talk to Anyone” makes you a master communicator with 96 all new cutting-edge communication “Little Tricks” for big success in business and social relationships—in person, by email, and on the phone. It has been praised as the 21st century version of “How to Win Friends and Influence People,” and was nominated one of t

Published (first published January 1st 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about How to Instantly Connect with Anyone (ENHANCED EBOOK)

Chris Brady
May 29, 2012 Chris Brady rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful. One tip was to wave at people that aren't really there to make yourself appear popular at parties. Really?
Huma Rashid
The writing can be pretty cheesy. At times, it's so cheesy that it just took me out of the book completely. In the example at the beginning, for one thing, the professor says to her student, "Now, my dear student, what do you make of blah blah blah." ERGH. It's the perfect example of the tin-eared style of writing dialogue that I hate. Who talks like that?

So I took the book with a grain of salt, mostly because of stupid writing ticks like that one, that I feel most authors should know better th
Ronald Clark
May 25, 2013 Ronald Clark rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
In short, I downloaded this for free and will delete it as soon as I am finished because it isn't even worth the 82.9 megabytes of hard drive spaces it is currently using. Yes, it's really that bad!

Some of the awesome "tricks" mentioned is how you can wave at imaginary friends at parties to make yourself appear more popular to the group. Actually you wave at "the spaces between people" according to Leil Lowndes. She also tells you to get away from "talkers" at parties by pretending you are being
Doug
Feb 01, 2014 Doug rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not normally my kind of book. Not my kind of writing. I got the book for free, as an ebook, and had just gotten my Nook, so there we are.

Improved my life. For real.

It is what you'd think - 96 little tricks, introduced and explained with anecdotes. But the thing is, some of the tricks were brilliant. Not all 96 - but it doesn't have to be 96. If I read a short book and get one or two good ideas that I use, i think it is worth it, and this had many more than one or two. I spent a year NOT putting
E
Feb 01, 2010 E rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is it manipulative to speak to others in a way you know will please them? Purists of the to-thine-own-self-be-true school may think so, but the people on the receiving end of your courtesy, deference and regard will not. Communications consultant Leil Lowndes has assembled 96 techniques you can use to make others feel good about you – often by making them feel good about themselves. These techniques work best, of course, when applied with sincerity and not phony zeal. Your purpose is not to flat ...more
William
Jan 21, 2013 William rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a very well written and easy to understand book. Leil points out some great ways to maximize and hone the usage of behaviors that bring us closer and more comfortable with each other. Some of these simple good-hearted acts are spot on, though a quirky few may just come off as weird for most people.

Leil is obviously an optimist and you can tell that she wants the best for everyone. Being exposed to that infectious positivity makes this a good read, just on that alone. There are some grea
ARenatoMoreira
“How to play it cool or play it hot in business”

How to Instantly Connect with Anyone is a book that includes 96 “little tricks for big success in relationships”, divided into 10 parts with each covering a certain aspect of human relationship. The book has a heavy emphasis on business and professional success, while also providing additional insight on friend and love relationships.

I have to admit that the professional aspect is what actually drew me to the book, and that I somewhat discarded the
Cher
Aug 26, 2009 Cher rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This is one of the funniest books I have ever read; mostly because the author isn't kidding.
Kristin
Jan 13, 2013 Kristin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Started off pretty well then got pretty questionable.
Sam
Aug 18, 2014 Sam rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This really is a hideously written book, but I didn't pick this up with any expectations, the book cover and title are targeted to an audience who really believes there is such a thing as "connecting with anyone". So one star for me for reading this, fortunately is was a quick read.

The Good

The author does talk about giving introductions with a name first, "this is Amanda, my wife", vs "meet my wife Amanda". I like the idea of a name and then a title.

Holding a business card with both hands, as
Tuong Van
Mar 22, 2013 Tuong Van rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enjoyable, how-to
The impression left behind is not how manipulative "Little Tricks" are, but rather ways being a nicer person to others by treating them kindly. Unlike "a sage telling people to speak Chinese when in China but not giving language lessons", this book provide the practical lessons to speak the language of kindness to others. Whether paying undivided attention to another or avoiding their babbling, one absolutely must look out to preserve others their esteem in a bit more roundabout way. These Littl ...more
Shane
Jan 08, 2014 Shane rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
More than giving tricks about how to connect with people it felt like tricks for manipulating people's perception of you. Some of the tricks are interesting and do seem beneficial. A lot of the tricks seem pompous or pathetic (the oft-mentioned wave to invisible people at a party). Very few of the tricks would actually develop or strengthen an actual and meaningful relationship of any kind.
Kevin
Mar 07, 2014 Kevin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leil Lowndes provides a series of simple maneuvers anyone can perform to endear themselves to other people. The book spans an array of topics such as handshakes, hugging, exchanging business cards, giving nicknames, how to transition a conversation in another direction, etc. What I grasped from the book is to be considerate of others, notably Lowndes describes a situation when she had to take an early morning flight that was fraught with a series of challenges. The young woman who picked her up ...more
Brandon Velez
Jan 20, 2014 Brandon Velez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book quite interesting and helpful in some ways. It shows a perspective many people overlook. A lot of our subconscious behavior and thoughts are taken into account in here, and Leil Lowndes explains and demonstrates how to use them to your benefit through many examples. Doesn't hurt to pick up and look at some of these tips (although some of them are already known.)
Toni
Винаги съм била предубедена към жанра "приложна психология", но все пак я прочетох и не беше толкова зле. Намират се полезни "хитрини" и стига да се сетиш да ги използваш, когато се налага, подозирам, че ще помогнат. Лино аз си признавам, че се сещам и ползвам две от деветдесет и шесте. Може и да е от самовнушение, но мисля, че действат. :D
Groot
May 05, 2016 Groot rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Tips and tricks for dealing with people without hurting their feelings and building bridges via empathetic intelligence.
Youssef Assad
This book is Extremely Funny in a Good way . if you ever watched Barney Stinson from How i met your mother Series you probably you are aware of the playbook . this book reminds so much of the playbook . it has a lot of tricks to start conversation and play with self-steam of others . i liked the Very Very Very slowly English trick . Generally if you get this book as a gift or free somewhere read it otherwise probably it won't worth your time and money .
Ke Wei Tan
This book provided a lot of useful techniques on how to handle social situations such as escaping from boring topics, finding confidence and project a famous personality in parties etc. Even though most of them are quite practical, I did find some of them inaccurate, eg. females have to let the males sit facing doors in a restaurant.. Maybe I came from a different culture, that's why I couldn't relate to these points.

In overall, it is a fun-to-read book.
Jennie
Apr 05, 2016 Jennie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm prone to being or at least feeling socially retarded, so this book caught my eye. The advice was specific, practical, often amusing, and was not the obvious stuff I thought it might be. The minute I finished, I had the urge to immediately read it again to help cement the tricks in my mind. I don't think my days of awkwardness are over, but I think I have a much better chance at more confident interactions after reading this book.
Elizabeth
This book was okay. Some of the tips were good, but others were common sense or just bizarre. In general they're for very small things that may subconsciously change someone's perception of you, even though the introduction and conclusion talk about the larger issue of emotional prediction. I would have liked more on that. The book didn't really live up to the title's promise. However, I will try to use some of the tips.
Amna
Nov 27, 2014 Amna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
Listened to the audio book, it was great (and hilarious, especially when she got to the part of waving at your imaginary nonexistent friends) .. I'd say alot of the methods are manipulative and that's certainly not how I'd like to mislead people nor is it how I'd like to be treated.. but it's genius putting the dishonestly aside.
Rhett
Apr 29, 2016 Rhett rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The writing style was horrible, the book was base purely on anecdotal evidence and the tips were not good. The author went out of her way to fabricate alliterations and it is just hard to swallow. I rarely write such scathing reviews but this book was just bad.
Alex
May 15, 2015 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some very useful and interesting techniques on how to connect with people.
It will depend on experience and person how useful someone will find this book.
In general it is a quick read that I can recmomend.
Lucian Llgg
Nov 01, 2014 Lucian Llgg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author shows us how easy it is to make life-long connections with people that come from similar or different backgrounds. Remarcable witt and intelligent understanding of the human mind from Leil Lowndes.
Toni
Apr 02, 2014 Toni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audiobook version of this book. It was quite interesting and enlightening. I enjoyed it very much and will look forward to listening/reading any other of Leil Lowndes' books.
Quintin Hodge Jr.
most of the tips she gives are pretty good...if you're listening to the audio book it might be a little hard to stay awake with the way she reads...all in all its a very useful book
Justin Ritter
Eh... I feel like a lot of these things are annoying, cheesy, and don't really make any meaningful impact on relationships. Some of it is good common sense reminders though.
Card
May 24, 2014 Card rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many items are mainly discussed in female aspect. However, many tricks are wonderful. I would say it's averagely good for anyone.
Zach Amberbud
May 27, 2015 Zach Amberbud rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great tips. This book definitely helps out with communication and everyday rapport.
Ruth Wendt
I found a few good tricks/techniques that could be used.
  • Winning Body Language: Control the Conversation, Command Attention, and Convey the Right Message--Without Saying a Word
  • How to Make Someone Fall in Love With You in 90 Minutes or Less
  • The Fine Art of Small Talk: How to Start a Conversation, Keep It Going, Build Networking Skills--and Leave a Positive Impression!
  • Self-Promotion for Introverts: The Quiet Guide to Getting Ahead
  • The Complete Book of Questions: 1001 Conversation Starters for Any Occasion
  • Instant Confidence
  • Win the Crowd: Unlock the Secrets of Influence, Charisma, and Showmanship
  • Conversationally Speaking: Tested New Ways to Increase Your Personal and Social Effectiveness
  • How to Start a Conversation and Make Friends: Revised and Updated
  • Prince Harming Syndrome: Break Bad Relationship Patterns for Good -- 5 Essentials for Finding True Love (and they're not what you think)
  • The Art of Speed Reading People: How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language
  • When Food Is Food & Love Is Love: A Step-By-Step Spiritual Program to Break Free from Emotional Eating
  • People Smart: Developing Your Interpersonal Intelligence
  • The Emotionally Absent Mother: A Guide to Self-Healing and Getting the Love You Missed
  • The Procrastinator's Handbook: Mastering the Art of Doing It Now