Start by marking “The Taking (Seven Deadly Sins, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Taking (Seven Deadly Sins, #3)

The Taking (Seven Deadly Sins #3)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  451 ratings  ·  29 reviews
My Immortal and Fallen showed Erin McCarthy at her provocative best...

Now she takes paranormal romance one step further with The Taking

Heiress Regan Henry knows that passion can be an illusion, and she keeps her emotions in check-until she falls under the spell of the beguiling Felix LeBlanc. He knows that the rumors that her mansion is haunted are true, and that he's t
Published January 5th 2010 by Berkley (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Taking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Taking

Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadDead in the Family by Charlaine HarrisLinger by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Can't Wait Books of 2010
399th out of 1,185 books — 10,703 voters
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonRedemption by Erica Hayes
Great Unknown Paranormal Reds
104th out of 109 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Lauren
The Taking
4 Stars

Series Note: As with the previous books in the series, The Taking can be read as a standalone. There is no connection between the books aside for the setting.

Regan Henry is at a crossroads in her life. After leaving her manipulative husband and purchasing a historic house in New Orleans, she discovers a journal in an antique bureau that sets her on a path that will either lead her to true love or to an untimely death.

The romance in this third and final installment of McCarthy’
willaful
After being disappointed in the second book of this series, I wasn't in a big hurry to read the third; happily it turned out to be much better, though didn't punch me in the gut the way the first one did. If you like dark, delicious, protective romance heroes who are being punished for their sins and find redemption, this is for you. It stands alone just fine.
Darcy
May 01, 2010 Darcy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010, pnr
What I like about these books is seeing how the guy reaches for more than he should and damns himself. It is then great to see how they work back to what they have then realized what is important them. Felix is no different. The ties between Regan and Felix seem to be more than usual, but with the choices that they make the end up happy in the end.
Paranormal Romance
Stuck in a subtly abusive relationship the heroine, who's meek and polite but filled with secret fire meets an absolutely gorgeous voodoo practitioner who tells her to leave her husband. She does and a few months later hunts him down to thank him and to gain his help with a ghost who haunts her new house. The hero has been cursed and bound to the demon husband a hundred years ago for his greed and selfishness but will do everything and anything to save the heroine. The hero is calm, direct with ...more
Kathy Davie
Third in the Seven Deadly Sins paranormal-romance series. The couple focus is on Felix Leblanc and Regan Henry and is based in New Orleans.

The Story
Greed. The anger of a young mulatto boy for his father's family. For the humiliation his mother must endure to put a roof over their head, food in their mouths. Felix Leblanc jumps in without thought in a deal with the devil, Alcroft Tradd, to save his mother and provide him with the pleasures of life, an immortal life. What matter if some portion of
Sheli Ellsworth
“The Taking,” set in New Orleans, is the fervent story of past and present love. Erin McCarthy’s characters combine Southern propriety and pure evil in a way that make for an erotic history lesson.
Heiress Regan Henry decides to divorce, Beau Alcroft—a pretense of the perfect man, after a year of marriage; following an enchanted encounter with what appears to be an entertainment psychic. She begins her new life by purchasing an historic French Quarter Home. As soon as she discovers the hidden jo
Laurla2
"his voice had a quality when he was displeased that regan had come to think of as humming. it sounded normal, pleasant, teasing, to most people, but when it took on that light singsong quality, she knew he was unhappy with her, and god, she was so tired of having her every move, every word, every decision scrutinized and found lacking."

"it was nothing, something a thousand husbands might say to their wives as mere flirtation or playful pouting, but to regan it was the latest in a litany of disa
Nicole Jade
This turned out to be a pretty good read for me even after the odd chocolates.

Yeah. THAT was gross even though I understood it's purpose.

I love the mixture of past and present coming together in a mess as such.

My only issue is that I wish the book had been looked into more and used better in Felix's reveal.
Crystal
This was definitely the best of the series. This had the most going on. While I enjoyed reading the other two books, I also found them lacking. The Taking had more going on to keep my interest.

Ragen meets a voodoo priest at her husbands firm's Chrismas party who is scarry in reading her. Soon after leaving her husband she can't resist the urge to see him again. After finding a hidden journal from the past weird things start happening in her new home she contacts Felix for help. What is Regan to
Karen
Overall a good pace, nice romance, intriguing characters. A bit dark for my taste, and I wasn't into the Camille flashbacks but understood their point to better empathize with the characters.
Annemarie
Demons, Voodoo, Ghostly entities sounds good, like the fist 3 in the series..it just wasnt enough! "Master Demon" isnt in much of the book and when he does show up he's a controlling, greedy all around PITA Husband..yep Husband. Poor Sweet Regan, she mustered up enough courage to change her undomestic bliss to be ensnared in a love-triangle..lol won't add any other characters to spoil anything, the story did keep me interested but alot of it was repetitive and weird(think chocolates laced with s ...more
Barbara ★
This book has it all sex, greed, hot demons, evil demons, ex husbands, ex-girlfriends, ghosts, voodoo and it's set in New Orleans! What more could you want in a paranormal romance? I really liked Felix and felt beyond sorry for him. Alcroft is such a snake and totally gets what he deserves. (view spoiler)
Allison Warkentien
Really liked Felix and was very glad things worked out. Alcroft was an ass and got exactly what her deserved. I liked that you were never sure who was helping and who was hurting. Camille, I thought, was going to cause her Reagan the most trouble but she was just as trapped as her. Can't wait for the next book...
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
I really enjoyed the whole ghost/voodoo aspect of the story. The relationship between Felix and Regan seemed more realistic and they didn't jump immediately into bed. But when they did, wow...it was good stuff!!

I think this was my favorite story of the three that are out so far.
Amanda
I really didn't like this one as much as the first two books in this series. The characters just didn't resonate with me and there wasn't much of a suspensful plot. But the writing is still excellent and it makes me want to go to the French Quarter and find myself a hot voodoo man. :)
Carolyn F.
I enjoyed this book a lot. I really liked liked Regan and Felix. I thought the story was unusual from others I have read and I really liked the start of the romance between Regan and Felix. Very sweet ending. Would recommend it.
Sheila
Greed is the sin. I loved how the book went back to the former inhabitant of the house Regan bought and today. There is an eerie feel to The Taking because of the voodoo spells that were practiced in the house. Enjoyable.
Lesli
Didn't realize this was the third in the series; but you don't need to read them in any order. Interesting theme. Interesting storyline. Don't think I'll be reading the others in the series, though.
Allison
I skipped ahead a couple times while reading this book, only because I have kind of a short attention span at the moment and was more interested in the progression of the story than the detail.
Marisella
I enjoyed this book, and yet felt as though I had read it before. Not that it is that predictable, but I'm sure it's been written before, maybe under a different name
Sara
Book 3 is just as good as book one in this serious and I can not wait for the next book. I love Erin McCarthy...its chick lit but its fun and sucks you in
Johanna
A very creepy, under your skin ghost story. Add that to a killer paranormal romance and you have a sexy, scary treat!
Amy
Weird -- This is the third book in the Seven Deadly Sins series. The review was much better than the book!
Laela
Feb 01, 2010 Laela rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: shhh
Just as good as the other two in the series. For those looking for a walk on the demon side.
Anagha
Great story! And I really loved Felix's character.
Ann
I liked this one best of the three. Awsome read
Lilie
Toujours aussi sympa cette petite série.
Serena
a good book enjoyed it
Linh
Intoxicating!!
Cyber Launch Party Today For Erin McCarthy 1 2 Jan 05, 2010 08:20AM
  • Bound (Little Goddess, #3)
  • Eternal Prey (Gods of the Night, #3)
  • Out of the Light, Into the Shadows (Includes: Vegas Vampires, #6 & #7)
  • Nevermore (Guardians #2)
  • Angel at Dawn (Midnight, #8)
  • Curse (Wicked, #2)
  • Rapture Untamed (Feral Warriors, #4)
  • A Silent Prayer (A Prayer Series #1)
  • Chains of Ice (The Chosen Ones, #3)
  • Only Lycans Need Apply (Broken Heart, #9)
  • The Calling (Immortals, #1)
  • Stand-In Star
  • I Only Have Fangs for You (Young Brothers, #3)
  • Hard to Get (Games, #3)
  • Warriors of the Cross (Warrior, #1)
  • Tempting the Fire (ACRO, #5)
  • Hidden Threat (Hidden Threat, #1)
  • A Scent of Greek (Out of Olympus, #2)
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written almost fifty novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for New Orleans, tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.
More about Erin McCarthy...
Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2) High Stakes (Vegas Vampires, #1) True (True Believers, #1) Hot Finish (Fast Track, #3)

“There is no memory less satisfying than a temptation that we resisted.” 5 likes